• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Dead Man

jambo said:
Ascot Park.

At first we were like "ugh ...Ascot Park?" but the house is new (2009) and the street is actually really nice so we went for it.
That's no so bad, I though you had moved to Gawler or something the way you were talking about it! At least you are not far from the beach, yeah?

BanShunsaku said:
Regain health by making sex with prostitutes!
LOL

jambo

Dead Man said:
That's no so bad, I though you had moved to Gawler or something the way you were talking about it! At least you are not far from the beach, yeah?

Oh heavens no hahaha. Still in a good spot, about 15-20 minutes to get in to town, nice and close to Marion, although it's debatable how good that is ;), and only about 15 minutes from the beach.

Unfortunately for the Internet, we're right on the edge of the exchange boundaries, so there's so much copper between us and the exchange that the speeds are just pathetic.

Choc

Banned
No one like Chris Pyne makes me angry.

I managed to catch question time today and every single fuckin response the government gave he was always like 'that breaks parliament rules blha blah'

fuck off and bloody get some policies and stop being roadblocking arseholes with no agenda

Australia is starting to wake the fuck up finally, Liberals are going down in 2 PP. I don't think Gillard is good but we need some alternatives

not just stupid fuckwits going no and ner ner you are breaking parliament rules

Dead Man

jambo said:
Oh heavens no hahaha. Still in a good spot, about 15-20 minutes to get in to town, nice and close to Marion, although it's debatable how good that is ;), and only about 15 minutes from the beach.

Unfortunately for the Internet, we're right on the edge of the exchange boundaries, so there's so much copper between us and the exchange that the speeds are just pathetic.
That sucks.

Choc said:
No one like Chris Pyne makes me angry.

I managed to catch question time today and every single fuckin response the government gave he was always like 'that breaks parliament rules blha blah'

fuck off and bloody get some policies and stop being roadblocking arseholes with no agenda

Australia is starting to wake the fuck up finally, Liberals are going down in 2 PP. I don't think Gillard is good but we need some alternatives

not just stupid fuckwits going no and ner ner you are breaking parliament rules
He is representing me, apparently. I can't stand the fucking guy. I always put him last on the ballot, even after the christians and the shooters and the fishers and the crazies.

Ydahs

NEOGAF AFL FINALS TIPPING LEADER BOARD

2/2
RandomVince +27 [WCE, COL]
Ydahs +39 [WCE, CAR]
fisheyes +57 [WCE, SYD]
Shiwasu +60 [HAW, CAR]
jambo +74 [WCE, CAR]

1/2
Dead Man +47 [WCE, STK]
HolyCheck +84 [WCE, ESS]

0/2
Nickovic +35 [HAW]
theb0xmIke +67 [ESS]
chicko1983 +77 [ESS]
Andiie +99 [SYD, STK]
reptilescorpio +107 [SYD, HAW]

NeoGAF AFL Finals Tipping [ Anyone can still enter ]

NeoGAF AFL Finals Preference [ No love for Hawthorn! ]

OFFICIAL AFL THREAD - It'd be much easier for me to track your tips/prefs if you post it in there.

Clipper

Woo! It finally came...

photo-50.jpg

Not sure if I'll start it tonight or not, but it's been a long three-week wait that's finally over.

The Imperial Shuttle will have a new friend soon :p.

DeathJr said:
Good evening my unemployed mates. Seriously, how do you have the time to post all day long....and some of you have wives and kids even?
I was at work. If work was nicer to me I would post less. I rarely posted during work at my last job.

Shaneus said:
I also pay $130 for it and still live in Geelong. I take every victory I can. That said, 1.3MB/s is pretty good for ADSL2, isn't it?
I get up to around 3-4mbps sometimes here on ADSL2+ and we are about 500m from the exchange.

senahorse

EatChildren said:
$400+ electrical bill and a half hour walk (plus train ride) to check out a place in Thornbury. Plus I'm tired as fuck and pretty sure I'm getting sick. And I have no money.

Yesterday owned and today sucks a fat one.

We have that beat, just got our electrical bill, $570. (mostly due to a busted hot water system :/). Ran a red light on the weekend (my fault obviously, but wasn't paying enough attention to when the green changed to orange), $300. Had to renew my british passport today $280, cats to the vet last Friday (vax + checkup) $200, the list goes on...

Has been a bad week for bills.

So did you hear they are going to sell Fosters to the poms? Fair dinkum.

edit: Speaking of Fosters, when I went to the UK last month, I was surprised to see it on tap and in prominent position in supermarkets (sixpack for 5 quid! bargain!). I was even more surprised to see people drinking it! So I had my first ever Fosters and was unsurprisingly not impressed. Tolerable but not nice.

Just reading now that it's the second highest selling beer in the UK. It's success can be understood after learning the fact the European rights to are owned by Heineken.

BanShunsaku said:
I'll see your Samantha Fox, and raise you a Sofie Formica.
I like you very much. Not as much as Sofie, but still lots and lots.

Hello there, out-of-context quote. Whatchya doin'?
Shaneus said:
Pretty sure I've earned the right to have a fat pipe.
Sure you do. You get yourself a fat pipe if you want one.

x3n05 said:
Had to renew my british passport today $280
Shit, is that how much it cost these days? Is it valid for 10years?

jambo said:
I've started paying my rent and bills money to my housemates 2 weeks in advance, just to keep on top of things.
What do the housemates think of the Empire's sudden occupation of your house?

senahorse

Planet_JASE said:
Shit, is that how much it cost these days? Is it valid for 10years?

I was a little surprised but that's what it cost (~$300 when you include the photo cost), it's meant to be a new biometric passport, the problem is they didn't fingerprint me or anything so I don't know how that works. Yep, 10 years.

Rezbit

roosters93 said:

edit: Speaking of Fosters, when I went to the UK last month, I was surprised to see it on tap and in prominent position in supermarkets (sixpack for 5 quid! bargain!). I was even more surprised to see people drinking it! So I had my first ever Fosters and was unsurprisingly not impressed. Tolerable but not nice.

Just reading now that it's the second highest selling beer in the UK. It's success can be understood after learning the fact the European rights to are owned by Heineken.

Shareholders loving it though.

Fosters truly is a vile piss of a beer of the greatest magnitude. Strangely enough, I don't really like Heineken down here, but over in Europe it is nom nom nom.

roosters93 said:
edit: Speaking of Fosters, when I went to the UK last month, I was surprised to see it on tap and in prominent position in supermarkets (sixpack for 5 quid! bargain!). I was even more surprised to see people drinking it!
This was my exact same reaction on my first visit to the UK.

roosters93 said:
So I had my first ever Fosters and was unsurprisingly not impressed. Tolerable but not nice.
This was definitely not my reaction... I couldn't even get past the third swig. Vile stuff.

Yagharek

Fosters stopped being relevant after the days of Alan Bond and Christopher Skase and Australian's caring about the Americas Cup.

Plenty of good beer is made in Australia, Fosters has never been one of them.

Even XXXX is better.

Rezbit

When I was in Barcelona I was drinking the local stuff there, Estrella. 3 euro for a six pack! Wasn't the best beer and it was only 330ml cans but how can you go wrong? Today I spent forty-five kangaroos on a carton of Boag's Premium, which was "on special." :\

RandomVince said:
Even XXXX is better.

Even Tooheys Red is better. THAT is saying something.

Yagharek

Boags premium is nice. Probably my main beer preference if available.

If I said that south of Oatlands I would probably be beaten though.

Rezbit

Mind you it could be because I was at the factory, and had tasted an actual hop just before. Freaking bitter as man.

I know what you mean RandomVince haha. Usually I go for Cascade Draught over Boag's but I like the Boag's Premium better.

codswallop said:
This was my exact same reaction on my first visit to the UK.

This was definitely not my reaction... I couldn't even get past the third swig. Vile stuff.

It was on tap, extra chilled with a chilled glass.
I'm yet to find something that isn't tolerable on tap.
(though I could probably fit what I've had on tap on both hands)

The only beers that locals drink that I've not disliked are Peroni, Tiger and Singha.

Give me a Mountain Goat or a Stone and Wood any day. Or a Satan's Gold.

Oh yes, and White Rabbit! I'm actually finishing off my last White Ale with dinner. I feel they've stagnated a bit since being bought out by the Little Creatures guys.

Edit: Or am I imagining that White Rabbit were ever not owned by Little Creatures...

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I was at work. If work was nicer to me I would post less. I rarely posted during work at my last job.

I get up to around 3-4mbps sometimes here on ADSL2+ and we are about 500m from the exchange.
Surely not 3-4megabytes/sec? Pretty sure that even if you get a full 20mbit sync speed the most you're able to get is about 2mb/s.

Yes, I'm confused by mbit/mbyte/mb too :(

Planet_JASE said:
Hello there, out-of-context quote. Whatchya doin'?

Sure you do. You get yourself a fat pipe if you want one.
I put that line in there as a test. Congratulations, you failed :p

Last White Rabbit White Ale was actually a Sierra Nevada Kellerweis in disguise! But then I found I have most of a six pack of White Ale hiding in the cupboard. Double score!

Shaneus said:
Surely not 3-4megabytes/sec? Pretty sure that even if you get a full 20mbit sync speed the most you're able to get is about 2mb/s.
Capital B for Bytes and lowercase for bits. Unlikely he'd be getting 3MB/s, and instead 3Mb/s.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What is it with real estate agents thinking their hot shit, as if their job is some insanely respectable, unmatchable career choice that nobody bar them can do?

Dead Man

EatChildren said:
What is it with real estate agents thinking their hot shit, as if their job is some insanely respectable, unmatchable career choice that nobody bar them can do?
Hi, I'm in business, and when I fly, I like to feel special...

jambo said:
We're actually physically closer to the next exchange over =\

So am I. I'm about 5.5kms as the crow flies from the exchange we're connected to but only about 4.0km from another. Thank God Vivid wireless rolled into Canberra a few months back. Get around 1.6-1.7 MB/s on steam all day every day and at least 1MB/s plus from everywhere else that can serve that much. This obviously relies on no one else signing up for Vivid and stealing my bandwidth, so don't! :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
EatChildren said:
:(

typed up a comment here but dont want to be banned for having amazing realestate agent stores so i backspaced

p.s. luke millions - arnold is currently the best song in JJJs rotation

roosters93 said:
It is massive overseas. Even in NZ they had signs up for it everywhere. Cheap too! Too bad it is indeed a very below average drop.

Rezbit said:
Strangely enough, I don't really like Heineken down here, but over in Europe it is nom nom nom.
Same reason Grolsch tastes so much better in the original bottles, not the licensed version they sell everywhere here. Different water, different grains, different taste!

Rezbit said:
Even Tooheys Red is better. THAT is saying something.
We bought a cube of it to use as Beer Pong beer and fuck me. So salty that we only used it for one game. Seriously if I had to play one more game using it I would have vomited from dehydration.

Shaneus said:
Direct downloads from places like GOG get up to 4mbps according to JDownloader. They tend to work much, much better in JDownloader than regular Chrome download. I have found it to be just as quick as on cable back in Geelong which was a very happy surprise after I had talked myself into slow internet down here. Just downloaded an episode of Modern Family (which I also own of course) in 50 seconds.

Planet_JASE said:
I like you very much. Not as much as Sofie, but still lots and lots
This photo also includes Taryn Onofaro who makes me very happy to watch TV sometimes. Rarely see her anymore though. :(
sofie,0.jpg

EatChildren said:
They get paid a great wage for doing fuck all. A mate of mine is a real estate agent and he has gotten progressively more douchey since he took the job 4 years ago. Thankfully he hasn't forgotten who he is around us but you still catch glimpses of it when he interacts with other people. Plus he looks like Noel Fielding so it is hard to stay irritated at him.

HolyCheck said:
p.s. luke millions - arnold is currently the best song in JJJs rotation
They have played it almost every day at around 2-3pm. Such a damn great song, always puts me in a great mood.

DeathJr said:
Good evening my unemployed mates. Seriously, how do you have the time to post all day long....and some of you have wives and kids even?

:'(

I have uni, but its only three days a week. Does that count?

jambo

Wonderful. I get home from work tonight and switch my PC on to start downloading F1 2011 on Steam.

Windows starts up, but at 800x600. I login and check the NVIDIA settings, the app won't even launch, saying that I don't have any NVIDIA cards in my system. Uhh... what about those two GTX 570s?

I go and check Device Manager and Windows has disabled both of my cards because they reported problems (Code 43).

After some googling it looks like I might need to whack Windows 7 SP1 on and then try reinstalling drivers.

PC gaming is awesome, but fuck it can be annoying at times!

EDIT: And Steam just crashed. Sigh, it's going to be one of those nights.

Aon

EatChildren said:

Oh god if you move into Thornbury we'll be like neighbours.

Ausgaf closing in!

Top Bottom