• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Agyar

Jintor said:
Guys D&D games are 60% off on Good Old Games!

That includes Bauldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment! They can be yours for $4 each! Although we're below parity so I guess it's closer to $4.05 each.

I bought BG, BG2 and Planscape: Torment last time they were on sale. Installed them and then never played. I've already played BG2 and one day I will do a complete playthrough of BG and BG2 with that mod that makes seamlessly integrates both games under BG2's engine.

Kritz

Banned
5Ghj2l.jpg

ulNI5l.jpg

Something like that?

Shaneus

jambo said:
I once had a mispelling of netball autocorrected to methamphetamine
Suuuuure.
Gazunta said:
EA Hitler sounds like an awesome thing to have in a game.
I don't remember for sure, but I think there was a character similar to something like that in Amped 3.
Kritz said:
One hell of a post to make on such a tiny device. I admire the level of dexterity and tenacity it must have taken to pull that off!

Edit: Wait, EA Hitler was one of the spelling mistakes? I thought it was actually a part of your project, like a picture of Riccitiello with a mustache or something. I am disappoint.

Shaneus said:
iPhone with English(New Zealand) as Language?

Shaneus said:
I'd completely forgotten about it, tell you the truth. I can't remember when they were supposed to be sent, but it was a week or two after we both ordered it. I actually remember seeing a post on their FB about sending them off a few weeks ago so we should've seen them by now, I'd think. Couldn't be too far off, at least... shipping from the US usually isn't quite as bad as Europe.
Cool. Thanks for that. I just suddenly though about it as I was thinking of which game I need to settle on playing (as I've started so many in the last few weeks: Party Animals, Bastion, Child of Eden, The Saboteur) and then it occurred to me that I don't have the soundtrack yet.

Hopefully it will come soon.

In No One Lives Forever 2 there was an organisation of bad guys called The Evil Alliance.
The were referred to as EA for most of the game.

I have to be selfish and say that the lower dollar is better for my chosen industry (and my own prospects) and most of my family and in-laws whose income is in Euros or US Dollars.

I have to be selfish and say "couldn't they wait till after Black Friday sales on Amazon!?"

I'm getting most of the big games this year locally (And importing the rest where they are not as time sensitive. The dollar also hasn't fallen by anywhere near as much against the pound

Kritz

Banned
Shaneus said:
One hell of a post to make on such a tiny device. I admire the level of dexterity and tenacity it must have taken to pull that off!

Edit: Wait, EA Hitler was one of the spelling mistakes? I thought it was actually a part of your project, like a picture of Riccitiello with a mustache or something. I am disappoint.
I used to send perfect* paragraphs of text from phones back when you had to hit the number 2 three times to make a C.

The problem comes from the sheer time it takes to write, making me forget my original thoughs from when I started writing.

So, yeah.. Tenacity. I have a lot of that, as steam chat members know.

* not perfect.

Jintor

I wrapped Days of Ruin yesterday. Aside from that completely fucking bullshit last mission I quite liked it, though undoubtedly a year-long break from a-wars helped there (aside from finishing off Dual Strike in hard mode a few months back). I think I'll make a LTTP post about it in gaming.

Geotagging photos may be worthwhile, but it's so so so slow. I probably should be working but instead I'm RDPed to my desktop at home and geotagging.

Gazunta

Oh my God, screw you Outlook. I've spent most of today importing vcards one by one and now there's no easy way to group people together for distribution lists.

Kritz put EA Hitler in your game by golly. And make it more fun somehow.

if you want to be a game designer you better get used to people telling you how to do your job

Shaneus

I'm listening to Idle Thumbs at work. Today is a good day.

Except for the fact that I had the world's tiniest bingle in the train station car park this morning :(

Shaneus said:
Except for the fact that I had the world's tiniest bingle in the train station car park this morning :(
Hasn't most of the Australian Cricket team and AFL players almost every sporting male had that, too?

elfinke

Shaneus said:
I'm listening to Idle Thumbs at work. Today is a good day.

Nice! I'm watching the GiantBomb Diablo 3 quicklook (well, it's running in a separate window to the side) while I write my assignment and otherwise faff about at work.

Shaneus said:

Oh bugger. By 'tiniest' I hope you mean no discernible damage to anyone's property?

Planet_JASE said:
Hasn't most of the Australian Cricket team and AFL players had that, too?

Hahaha.

elfinke

Yeah, I've had that thread open and constantly reloading since Bennett showed up. Now Mr Green has weighed in it's tasty (though the circle jerking is a bit much).

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
Hasn't most of the Australian Cricket team and AFL players sporting male had that, too?
Maybe? Unless Lara has a younger sister, in which case that's just weird.
Gazunta said:
Did DeathJr run into your car while he was driving and texting?
I was on the look out for a zombie dude texting, that's why I was distracted!
elfinke said:
Oh bugger. By 'tiniest' I hope you mean no discernible damage to anyone's property?
Pretty much. I was in a bit of a panic at the time and in doing so, I checked THE WRONG END OF MY CAR FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE. There wasn't any damage to the other person's car that wasn't there already (it was pretty beaten up before I got to it) so I should be right on that side of things, I'm just scared to look at the back of my car when I get home tonight to see that the entire rear end of my car has been bashed in (highly unlikely). It should only just be a dint in the bumper at the worst, but not knowing is fucking killing me.

Thing I hate most is that it's probably not going to be enough to justify spending cash on fixing, but it will be enough for it to make the car look just that little bit more run-down and shit. I love my car, I don't want it to look like that :(

Edit: Looks like Jase had a couple of edits to get that post right. Nail it yet, champ?

Kritz

Banned
Here's the most stable build I have.

Features that are MIA:
  • Ball explosions (it was technically a bug that I've patched out, currently reworking it so it's intentional)
  • EA Hitler (damn it guys)

Features / fixes that I plan to add:
  • Population count for balls
  • Optimisation of ball planets. Technically the engine can't really be optimised any further without a massive drop in calculation accuracy, so I may really just have to have a tighter population limit. I don't want drops below 20fps.
  • An actual game

EDIT:
Things that you can do:
  • Not much!
  • Click to add balls.
  • Balls are random sizes, and have a greater gravitational pull on other balls the larger they are.
  • You can create lots of different planets of balls and then watch them collide.

I'll try to quickly copy across my code so I can re-patch in the explosion bug, because it's really fun to watch.

EDIT2:

link now works :(
http://kritz.net/personal/KXG164_EAH.swf

Jintor

elfinke said:
Yeah, I've had that thread open and constantly reloading since Bennett showed up. Now Mr Green has weighed in it's tasty (though the circle jerking is a bit much).

I think a lot of internet rage really comes due to context.

I dream of starting a vidyagame news site one day with better organisation of editorial/opinion/rambling/straight news but you know, most of my rational brain is like 'What the fuck man there's thousands out there, what the hell do you bring to the table' and my heart weeps blood :T

Yoboman

So I found an annual bus ticket yesterday on the ground. These things are worth $1500, but theres no name on it. Should I use it? Can I get caught?

I catch buses every day in Sydney and its so expensive but I don't wanna cop a massive fine either

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a question for all the uni students out there: Do you have a credit card (or debit card), did you have one when you first started uni, and do/did many of your friends? Just trying to get a feel for the percentage of students who have them.

I'm asking because I've been asked to develop something taking payments from students, but only allowing credit cards, and this seems like madness to me. Bank transfer and other payment options, though more work to develop, seems like they'd be needed as not that many students would have credit cards.

Feel free to PM the answer if you'd prefer.

elfinke

codswallop said:
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a question for all the uni students out there: Do you have a credit card (or debit card), did you have one when you first started uni, and do/did many of your friends? Just trying to get a feel for the percentage of students who have them.

Yep, had a credit card with a small ($500) limit when I started in 2001, for emergencies. As for my friends, I was the only one who did I think. Certainly we all didn't have them.

codswallop said:
I'm asking because I've been asked to develop something taking payments from students, but only allowing credit cards, and this seems like madness to me. Bank transfer and other payment options, though more work to develop, seems like they'd be needed as not that many students would have credit cards.

'tis madness. I'll take BPay/Direct Deposit/PayPal over any other option every time.

When I say debit card, I mean the ones from Visa, Mastercard, et al. Not just a regular old ATM card... Just in case it wasn't clear.

Thanks Jintor and elfinke.

Cohsae

commanderdeek said:
To this day, I still re-listen to episodes of the brodeo.

I've got issues.
I know that feel. Maybe if someone else would make an amazing podcast this issue could be overcome.
I'm listening to an Idle Thumbs episode that I've already heard multiple times.

We did consider PayPal, but you generally need to load that up with a credit card or payments from others, so it didn't seem worthwhile. Bank transfer or BPay seems like it'll have to be our 'other' option. Unfortunately they're not instant unlike with a credit card... at least from what I can tell.

Deeku

I have supplementary card as do a few of my friends. But I think most students would just have debit or debit visas. I think a lot of international students would have credit cards too.

Plus having debit visa cards is probably more common now given the whole internet shopping thing.

hamchan

codswallop said:

Got a debit card immediately when first started uni. Couldn't get a credit card because income was non-existent.

Jintor

codswallop said:
When I say debit card, I mean the ones from Visa, Mastercard, et al. Not just a regular old ATM card... Just in case it wasn't clear.

Thanks Jintor and elfinke.

Yep, that's what I got.

markot said:
Heads Popcap >_<?

Should have clarified, he's head of social media for Popcap, my mistake. JOURNALISM

Cohsae said:
I know that feel. Maybe if someone else would make an amazing podcast this issue could be overcome.
I'm listening to an Idle Thumbs episode that I've already heard multiple times.

You've just got to diversify. I listen to a rotating lineup of podcasts that occupies the time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
codswallop said:

didn't get a debit card until I was about 3 - 4 years into uni.

before that if i needed a CC for anything it was only things like flights, footy tickets or buying some things online, I'd just use my mums and then transfer money to her

Gazunta

I've listened to every episode of Webcomics Weekly at least a dozen times :/

Are there similar podcasts out there? I have a feeling there isn't :/

commanderdeek said:
I have supplementary card as do a few of my friends. But I think most students would just have debit or debit visas. I think a lot of international students would have credit cards too.

Plus having debit visa cards is probably more common now given the whole internet shopping thing.
I had a credit card in uni, got it made because I wanted to buy shit off ebay.

Top Bottom