• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Deeku

midonnay said:
heard of it in passing on gaf but never visited....
Those sales are usually not worth the time. I'm sure some people here still remember the time we spent 8 hours waiting for the cheap ps3 slim to appear. None of us got it:(

midonnay said:
about a second and a half.... >_>

then he started pulling on the scarf

I'm a guy >_<

he was pretty drunk like slurring speech

btw.... I posted after the magpies game that this pies fan came up and gave me a hug.... strange coincidence.

Could have been worse. It could have been a female Qld State of Origin fan.

Clipper

midonnay said:
heard of it in passing on gaf but never visited....
Note that if you want to get one at that price, you need to be set up, on the hour every hour, madly hitting refresh to find out if the 3DS deal has come up at that hour and then racing against hundreds of other Aussies doing the same thing to get to the order page. You will get partway there a few times along the way, then you'll get an error due to the massive traffic and then have to start again. Chances of success are probably 5% or less.

In other words, by all means try, but expect to fail.

ClivePwned said:
Could have been worse. It could have been a female Qld State of Origin fan.

which is basically the same as having your ass grabbed by a dude anyway.

I think state of origin is the worst thing about QLD. I don't remember anyone caring about it when I lived in Sydney. I guess QLD needs to feel like they can beat Sydney in some aspect which is why they care so much. (But then I really don't care about State of origin so I don't pay much attention).

Fogz said:
They advertise great deals and then go and unplug their servers so no one can get them :p

Yeah, you have to sit on the site all day and hope your payment goes through...

shanshan310 said:
I guess QLD needs to feel like they can beat Sydney in some aspect which

Isn't QLD already a better state than NSW? I certainly think so...

markot

Banned
You know what sucks about Betas? I never get into them >_<;

I hope its because they hate Australia and not just me >.>!

Yagharek

Ive been in heaps of betas without even applying for it. Though I have had to pay for the privilege.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Beta, Halo 3 Beta and XBox 360 hardware beta come to mind.

Pop quiz hot shots

I have Samsung F480T that was my previous phone. It has pictures of my child on it. I had it turned off in a drawer today as I don't use the damn thing anymore but some of the kids got it and tried to unlock it, so now it is asking for a PUK that I have no idea about. I tried hooking up the USB to the computer to grab the stuff off the phone but none of the drivers seem to be working for me. The media is stored on the phones internal memory. What do I do, what do I do?

PUK usually locks the sim, not the phone. Take out the sim, insert your current sim and it might work.

If not, you need to call the service provider that you got the phone from, only they can give you the PUK code.

DeathJr said:
PUK usually locks the sim, not the phone. Take out the sim, insert your current sim and it might work.

If not, you need to call the service provider that you got the phone from, only they can give you the PUK code.
Christ I am a moron. Completely forgot that the SIM was still in there since my number was transferred over to an Optus phone.

Here is a cute little owl to make up for my stupidity.
C4Dbh.jpg

Seriously retailers are morons. Instead of charging to test cameras or try on wedding gowns or wetsuits, why the hell can't they just value add? There's ALWAYS going to be people who abuse helpful places and buy cheaper elsewhere, internet or not.

If selling a camera, offer a free crappy bag and 50 prints a month for a year, or lessons. Offer a free dry clean and boxing service for wedding gowns. A free SCUBA lesson for wetsuits. Penalising people never works, offering incentives and good personalised service that you can't get online does. If your prices are still too high, look at your business model.

Or you know, just drive people away...whatever.

codswallop said:
Seriously retailers are morons. Instead of charging to test cameras or try on wedding gowns or wetsuits, why the hell can't they just value add? There's ALWAYS going to be people who abuse helpful places and buy cheaper elsewhere, internet or not.

If selling a camera, offer a free crappy bag and 50 prints a month for a year, or lessons. Offer a free dry clean and boxing service for wedding gowns. A free SCUBA lesson for wetsuits. Penalising people never works, offering incentives and good personalised service that you can't get online does. If your prices are still too high, look at your business model.

YOU SHUT YOUR SENSE SPOUTING NOISE HOLE RIGHT NOW!

Salazar

codswallop said:

I would love to be told to my face that I had to pay $30 for someone to explain or demonstrate a product for me. Or to try on some clothes.

Fuck, even $5. Fuck anybody who thinks that's acceptable or wise.

hamchan

DeathJr said:
Why not? NSW is more expensive, the people in Sydney are certainly more rude, QLD has Gold coast > Bondi/Byron bay, all your fruits and veggies come from QLD...etc.

I was trolling you but I'm actually amazed you can label people from one state as more rude than another state......

Shaneus

Something I came across while watching old Entourage episodes on SBS last night/this morning. It's hip-hop, but those of you who like groovy music in general should check it out. It's high-quality shit:
Camp Lo - Luchini

It's from the Vegas episode, if y'all were wondering :)

hamchan said:
I was trolling you but I'm actually amazed you can label people from one state as more rude than another state......

I don't know, everyone I know who's been to Sydney tells me only 3 things: Mad traffic, rude people and shit expensive. I've been there twice and I didn't feel the people were rude, but the traffic and expensive parts are true.

Salazar

RandomVince said:
Whee, Doctor Who starts in 30 minutes, got pizza and off to bed early after. No beer tonight :s

Staying up to watch Man United v Stoke at 2:30. Marathoning Supernatural episodes till then.

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
Doctor Who the TV series? Is it any good....I've read the books in my school days, them Daleks were crazy mofos.

It's excellent. The new series (up to S5 I think) are great fun, whimsical and at times eerily terrifying. There have been 3 modern Doctors - Ecclestone, Tennant and the current one whose name I forget. All of them have been fantastic. (Ecclestone emphasis added).

The series do have a minor problem, and that is there is often a strong sense of Deus Ex Machina about the odd resolution. Or MacGuffins if you prefer that term.

But there are some phenomenal enemies. My favourite would have to be the Weeping Angels. The concept of them puts daleks to shame.

hamchan

RandomVince said:
It's excellent. The new series (up to S5 I think) are great fun, whimsical and at times eerily terrifying. There have been 3 modern Doctors - Ecclestone, Tennant and the current one whose name I forget. All of them have been fantastic. (Ecclestone emphasis added).

The series do have a minor problem, and that is there is often a strong sense of Deus Ex Machina about the odd resolution. Or MacGuffins if you prefer that term.

But there are some phenomenal enemies. My favourite would have to be the Weeping Angels. The concept of them puts daleks to shame.

I also wondered if the Weeping Angels could just be defeated by winking one eye, then winking the other. Eyes stay moistened, no need to blink!

Choc said:
This bunch of cheating pretentious players is GONE
Sounds a bit bitter.

Snow level in MW2 was fun. Certainly taking the realism out of the game but still a lot of fun.

Also for some reason last.fm isn't scrobbing my WinAmp songs today on my PC. Hmm. I bet it was because I tried to install those stupid Samsung drivers.

hamchan said:
I also wondered if the Weeping Angels could just be defeated by winking one eye, then winking the other. Eyes stay moistened, no need to blink!
I would die first, I can only wink with my right eye lul.

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Sounds a bit bitter.

Snow level in MW2 was fun. Certainly taking the realism out of the game but still a lot of fun.

Also for some reason last.fm isn't scrobbing my WinAmp songs today on my PC. Hmm. I bet it was because I tried to install those stupid Samsung drivers.

When the team won two premierships cheating the salary cap and blatently did it

and their players go on like they are the best shit ever......

Storm is honestly more disliked than manly these days and that is not an easy thing to achieve

aww, how could you forget matt smith?

The Vashta Narada is the scariest episode I've seen. Even more so than the weeping angels.

Amy really annoys me though, especially since they added that intro in with her narrating. Might as well call the show Amy Pond now -_-

DeathJr said:
Why not? NSW is more expensive, the people in Sydney are certainly more rude, QLD has Gold coast > Bondi/Byron bay, all your fruits and veggies come from QLD...etc.

QLD is overrun with racist bogans, food here is more expensive in my experience, people here are fatter, Sydney has better schools, Sydney has better nightlife and more things to do, and museums worth going to, good bands go there etc. :p

Still, there are a lot of things I like about Brisbane.

Top Bottom