• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
CTR is the best kart racer of that generation no two ways about it.

I also highly, highly recommend Muppet Kart Racing by Traveller's Tales, which came out at the very tail end of the PS1's life cycle and nobody gave a shit about PS1 games any more. It was really well done and friendly and full of Muppetty goodness. I ended up basing a lot of how the dialogue works in Piñata Party Animals on it.
Mark Mothersbaugh did the music for CTR? Damn.

PS. Play that Sega kart game that came out a few months ago. It's pretty awesome, lots of fan service.

I wonder whether Skyward Sword is going to be the game that makes me want to play my Wii again. I hope so, as there's been a bunch of games I've missed and that'd be a good excuse to (literally) dust if off.

Choc

Banned
roosters93 said:
says who?

There's going to be an announcement on October 4 (and that's still just a rumour, no confirmation) so it won't be out for a few weeks after that.

no apparently this time in the US @ least they are shipping the phones to the store on the announce date, like they do with the macbooks etc

and its two because Al Gore slipped up and said its two. He is on the Apple Board

Oct 4th is confirmed as Apple press conf day

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...rld-on-october-4/story-fn6vihic-1226146599817

Bernbaum

Today I am in Vietnam, later on I'll be in Cambodia, ad a little further later on I'll be on your televisions at 9:30 being indifferent about my PS3 being hacked on SBS' Insight.

Kritz

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Today I am in Vietnam, later on I'll be in Cambodia, ad a little further later on I'll be on your televisions at 9:30 being indifferent about my PS3 being hacked on SBS' Insight.
The GIF machines are warming up as we speak.

jambo

Choc said:

Just installed it, although this is kinda funny

G911O.jpg

Choc said:
no apparently this time in the US @ least they are shipping the phones to the store on the announce date, like they do with the macbooks etc

and its two because Al Gore slipped up and said its two. He is on the Apple Board

Oct 4th is confirmed as Apple press conf day

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...rld-on-october-4/story-fn6vihic-1226146599817

I really don't see that as confirmation. One report from one website (AllThingsD) which is based around "sources say" isn't concrete proof to me. Now I think there's a 99% chance it's true but it's really not confirmed till Apple sends out invitations to the event and makes the 'we're having a special event' ads.

You got a link about the shipping on announcement day? That's the first I've heard about it and I really don't think it's possible. iPhones are much more popular than macbooks and the previous iDevices launches were already frenzies so to do that would cause armageddon.

edit: Yeah I really need to get some of those cookies.

Shaneus

If the Kooka's logo doesn't make the AusGAF 5 header, I will be disappoint.

What's everyone's preference? I think I've made it widely known that I'm a plain/raspberry guy but I'm also a fan of the choc/cherry (non-jam) ones.

Choc

Banned
roosters93 said:
I really don't see that as confirmation. One report from one website (AllThingsD) which is based around "sources say" isn't concrete proof to me. Now I think there's a 99% chance it's true but it's really not confirmed till Apple sends out invitations to the event and makes the 'we're having a special event' ads.

You got a link about the shipping on announcement day? That's the first I've heard about it and I really don't think it's possible. iPhones are much more popular than macbooks and the previous iDevices launches were already frenzies so to do that would cause armageddon.

edit: Yeah I really need to get some of those cookies.

apparently this is why the iphone is only now coming out

they have stock piled 40 million for worldwide. They learnt from the IP4 that as much as having queues outside teh store every day looks good, it pisses consumers off

it will still happen though.

Clipper

I will perhaps have to get those Kooka things the next time on one of my reward weeks of the diet (which will be mid-October). Must stay away from temptation until then...

It helps that I've lost 25kg in 16 weeks so far, though. Lite'n'Easy is awesome.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
I will perhaps have to get those Kooka things the next time on one of my reward weeks of the diet (which will be mid-October). Must stay away from temptation until then...

It helps that I've lost 25kg in 16 weeks so far, though. Lite'n'Easy is awesome.

*citizenkane.gif*

Hey choc, after yesterdays post. I am going to give my +1 for ozgameshop.

Gears 3 and the missing copy of space marine arrived last night (7 working days)

so i am happy with 2 deliveries making it to my door successfully.

On that note, Gears 3 on 60inch Plasma co-op campaign tonight. *grin*

Clipper said:
Lite'n'Easy is awesome.
Lite 'n' Easy sucks if you don't eat meat. My wife tried it for a couple of months six or seven years ago and she was constantly delivered food containing meat. What are you supposed to do then? They wouldn't redeliver. So, just eat nothing then?

Plus I thought the food tasted terrible and was boring, but to each their own. *goes back to lard cooked in butter*

markot said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Ico guy is over rated >_<? I only played the demo but damnnnnnn, boring ass game!
Beautiful games with broken controls that render them almost unplayable. A bit like Gouls and Ghosts and the original Sin and Punishment.

I downloaded Diablo II yesterday. Mac version only works on PPC so I have to fish out my old Powerbook G4 from 2005. Still runs well.

I hope to be be able to go back to finishing Gears 3 on the weekend (I'm about 1/ 2 way through)

Agyar

I'm looking forward to replaying SotC and trying out Ico with that pack. I'll definitely pick it up once I get through the slew of current games I'm playing.

Deeku

The frame rate in SotC gave me a headache so I only ever played it for an hour or so.

I don't think I finished Ico either.

jambo

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Was this an actual fanboy talking point back in the day? SotC came out like a year before I got back into gaming.

It happens on GAF every now and then, someone says how it's bad that so and so game is only 30fps, then someone pops up and says it's more cinematic. I believe there was also someone in an ICO thread who said that they preferred it at 20-30 fps on PS2 instead of 30-60 on an emulator.

=\

Kritz

Banned
I'm new to this whole catch thing. Or whatever they're doing at the moment, anyway. Is it like woot where something goes on sale up until it runs out of stock, then moves on to the next item? Or is there a time limit for each item?

Or is it just... deal a day.

Shaneus said:
If the Kooka's logo doesn't make the AusGAF 5 header, I will be disappoint.

What's everyone's preference? I think I've made it widely known that I'm a plain/raspberry guy but I'm also a fan of the choc/cherry (non-jam) ones.
The choc raspberry ones also have jam in between. That's why I said: OVERKILL!

jambo said:
It happens on GAF every now and then, someone says how it's bad that so and so game is only 30fps, then someone pops up and says it's more cinematic. I believe there was also someone in an ICO thread who said that they preferred it at 20-30 fps on PS2 instead of 30-60 on an emulator.

=\
I see. While I do appreciate a butter-smooth 60fps, 30fps (and even the ~10fps of the original OoT) never bothered me. Smoother framerates are always better, naturally, but they're not as big a deal as people make them out to be. Still, arguing for 20 - 30 fps over 60 fps if it's available is sheer idiocy.

Anyway, the thing about crazy fanboys is that they're always crazy, regardless of whether or not they're drowned out by the deafening roar of orthodoxy. Crazy SONY Sony fans didn't seem so crazy last gen because they were on the winning team and reality seemed to agree with their talking points. For a few generations, it was crazed Nintendo fans who were naked and exposed by the cold harsh light of day. Next generation, it might be Xbox or Apple fanchildren who find themselves outed as insane zealots.

Fogz

3chopl0x said:
Off to a good start

http://i.minus.com/iUGvn4hv28cyp.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, also my office got completely swamped right bang on midday. I should lock my door or something.

Top Bottom