• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Driver SF has got good word of mouth. But given it's basically AAA season coming up, I might as well just wait until it's dirt cheap in Q2 next year.

r1chard

codswallop said:
Driver SF has got good word of mouth.
Played it on the PS3 demo unit at the local EB and had a blast just driving around. The mechanic of switching between vehicles is awesome. My daughter loved it too and she typically sucks at driving games. We're definitely getting it once the price drops.

r1chard said:
Played it on the PS3 demo unit at the local EB and had a blast just driving around. The mechanic of switching between vehicles is awesome. My daughter loved it too and she typically sucks at driving games. We're definitely getting it once the price drops.
Yeah, I enjoyed the car switching mechanic most from the demo. I did find the more powerful cars frustrating to control, and one of the demo missions had you trying to escape someone from chasing you. When you switched to another car to hit your pursuers, you'd go back to the first car only to find the AI had turned you around and slammed you into a wall. Ugh. And then when I finally evaded them, I had 30 seconds to get to a checkpoint half way across the map that until then I'd never been told about. Double-ugh.

If the game only has a few of those types of missions, I could see myself persevering. But I'll wait for the price drop anyway.

Gazunta

The PEOPLE have voted that I make a Brendan Brewer, Video Game Reviewer comic tonight.

I'd love to know what you think should happen to this haplass hack.

I am swamped at work and am completely out of ideas

It'll probably be something about Bennett

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
The PEOPLE have voted that I make a Brendan Brewer, Video Game Reviewer comic tonight.

or the over-reaction to syndicate gaz

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
Yeah, I enjoyed the car switching mechanic most from the demo. I did find the more powerful cars frustrating to control, and one of the demo missions had you trying to escape someone from chasing you. When you switched to another car to hit your pursuers, you'd go back to the first car only to find the AI had turned you around and slammed you into a wall. Ugh. And then when I finally evaded them, I had 30 seconds to get to a checkpoint half way across the map that until then I'd never been told about. Double-ugh.

If the game only has a few of those types of missions, I could see myself persevering. But I'll wait for the price drop anyway.

i could count the number of get the fuck away from someone in a short time on one hand i think

jintor what do you think? there is HUGE variety in the game

elfinke

Gazunta said:

Since I was one of those chumps who voted for him, i suggest you somehow synergise the Syndicate overreaction with the Diablo3-FPS backlash, but without naming names.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – limited edition bundle (game, CD, Golden controller) SRP $119.95**
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword packaged with CD – limited edition SRP $99.95**
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword SRP $99.95**

Kirby Mass Attack SRP $59.95**
Professor Layton and the Last Specter SRP $59.95**

Tetris 3D SRP $49.95**

Tetris DS is a budget release here again, that's good. Interesting to see DS games having $10 lopped off the RRP.

Still crazy compared to US pricing really.

Yagharek

Best sign I've seen in a local shop is: "We are not a childcare service. If you leave your kids unattended we will buy them a puppy"

Deeku

VOOK said:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – limited edition bundle (game, CD, Golden controller) SRP $119.95**
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword packaged with CD – limited edition SRP $99.95**
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword SRP $99.95**
Does the normal edition come with a motion plus knob? Or do I need to buy the controller bundle?

Kerrby

Banned
Clipper said:
Play Kirby Mass Attack on it. I'm doing that right now and it is awesome.

When did that come out? I must be out of the loop, also is it that DS game? Maybe I'm getting confused with Wii Kirby.

Omi said:
I really do need to look into getting my german passport sorted so I can piss off the the EU potentially when Abbott gains control. :p
Yeah maybe a working holiday to New Zealand will be on the cards for a few years.

Omi said:
It's going to be expensive.
Sounds like courting to me!

Choc said:
i'm revelling in this internet at the moment around syndicate
when leaked, oh man the internet is exploding fuck ea etc
journo's start writing they like it including giantbomb
'oh its not so bad'
GOOD JOB GAF :p
Sounds like every preview ever. Even Too Human had positive previews. I wont be making a judgement on the game until I can see it being played by a commoner out her in the street but I'm not going to pretend it will measure up to my expectations of the original. Same with XCOM, although I am much more interested in XCOM because of the art style and the fact that I want to support Australian developers more. Plus the gameplay videos of XCOM look promising.

Doncamatic said:
Tempted to pick up Dungeon Siege 3 for a time-waster before I go back to uni. Anyone got an opinion on whether it would be worth $25?
Nope. Pick up Torchlight for 400 MS points instead on the 360.

Choc said:
I thought Trackmania 2 would be the zenith of pixel-based vehicular silliness in 2011, but turns out Driver is a slicker, wilder, more varied and far, far funnier experience even though it doesn’t have any mile-high, rock-carved loop-the-loops in the middle of the desert. It just has sharp-talking guys in cars.

maybe this lot will start listening to us Jintor
Already own Driver. Great so far, haven't had enough time to sink into it. Trackmania 2 does not seem like my kind of game.

Jintor

Choc said:
i could count the number of get the fuck away from someone in a short time on one hand i think

jintor what do you think? there is HUGE variety in the game

There were only three or four frustrating missions that I came across and one of those was specifically designed as a frustrating mission, soyeah.

The lategame one where you need get retrieve the charity cars though was fucking goddamn evil though.

Kerrby said:
When did that come out? I must be out of the loop, also is it that DS game? Maybe I'm getting confused with Wii Kirby.
Its out in the US, I think its out here in November sometime. I got my US copy this week, would be playing it more but hooked on Bit Trip Saga on 3DS, can't stop playing Runner, soo damn good.

Kerrby

Banned
Worthintendo said:
Its out in the US, I think its out here in November sometime. I got my US copy this week, would be playing it more but hooked on Bit Trip Saga on 3DS, can't stop playing Runner, soo damn good.

Can you play imported DS games on the 3DS? I know its region locked but is that just for 3DS games?

RandomVince said:
Time to hand in your avatar, kerrby :p

I feel like a failure :(.

DeathJr said:
Has anyone been to the Melbourne show? I'm planing to go this sunday, is it worth it? I hope it's not just for families and kids...
Showbags! Also it is datetown for young people. Also ponies!

BtlF3.png
Won't last the season. Poor Drama. :(

Also Choc I am going to be super pissed if in Syndicate you get betrayed and have to fight back against your corporation ala Haze. Want to just play as a total arsehole out to put his company ahead at the expense of the civilised population, none of this touchy feely crap.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:

Have you done anything on the IGN-type review ideas yet?

On that note, I just went to the generator and got: "What Donkey Kong could learn from Donkey Kong." Bahaha.

reptilescorpio said:
BtlF3.png
Won't last the season. Poor Drama. :(
What is it? Is it good?

Brendan Brewer: Undercover Journalist.

Panel 1: Tapping into the shady working conditions of the RARE art department after the mass firings.
Panel 2: ZOMG!?! The employees are all...... Pinatas!
Panel 3: So THATS what happened to Perfect Dark Zero :)

Sound enough like early Penny Arcade comics?

Kerrby said:
Can you play imported DS games on the 3DS? I know its region locked but is that just for 3DS games?
With the exception of a few DSi enhanced games (the US version of Solaroboto is the only important one that comes to mind) all DS games will play on your 3DS regardless of region.

Yagharek

commanderdeek said:
Does the normal edition come with a motion plus knob? Or do I need to buy the controller bundle?

If you can wait a month I have a spare m+ knob I can post you. PM if you want it.

DeathJr said:
Has anyone been to the Melbourne show? I'm planing to go this sunday, is it worth it? I hope it's not just for families and kids...

Withdraw your life savings and prepare to use this money on overpriced junk.

Shaneus said:
Kevin Dillon is 46? Jesus fucking christ, he's done well for himself.

What's the show like, reptile?
Eh.
EH.
Let me break it down for you.

It has a laugh track
polls_laughing_and_pointing_0829_168694_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Main character is Rickety Cricket
tumblr_l9jm9fMQ5M1qe0qyho1_500.gif

(who in real life is married to Emily Deschanel, wtf?)
emily-cricket.jpg

who has his pompous magazine, that he writes a How to be a Gentleman column for, bought out and given the RALPH treatment.

His boss doesn't give a fuck since he is old and doesn't give a shit. Oh, and he is Dave Foley.
DaveFilm.jpg

He generally doesn't give a shit. But he does give a fuck enough to tell him that he needs to DUDEBRO up his column or get the fuck out don't touch my shit on the way out.

Which leads to the other foil in this fiendishly sharp canned comedy is the living viking himself, Johnny Drama!
12313256_gal.jpg

kevin-dillon-the-blob-1988.jpg

2010!
Kevin+Dillon+Jenny+McCarthy+Hosts+4th+Annual+HJ9nBNS9KjTl.jpg

Here to man up the place! He actually hits the mark perfectly and doesn't overact or underplay the character. Underused but when he is screen the show is actually worth watching.

Best of all his sister (Mary Lynn Rajsbubbylub of Zoltan fame)
tumblr_l0rl3evGU61qzhiqwo1_500.png
is married to Murray!
1f349.jpg

who is hilarious of course.

So yeah. It is pretty shit.
cricket12.gif

Top Bottom