• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

commissar

DeathJr said:
ADWD is #5, he is writing the 6th and the 7th one is planned, but who knows...he might not live that long.
joking
Don't joke about that it already happened with Robert Jordan D:

Edit:
With slightly less rage, I think DMC series is the worst case of Mary Sue-ism and horrible teenage wish fulfillment in gaming and I hate it so much. Fuck those games.

Deeku

Jintor said:
This is over the course of since the beginning of 2010, of course.

So you played it on and off for a year and a half? Madnessness!!!

I'm just jealous you have so much spare time :lol

Yagharek

commissar said:
Don't joke about that it already happened with Robert Jordan D:

Sometimes, with authors like Asimov, they are lucky enough to have the opportunity to finish their stories and do them justice.

Still sucks how he died though.

legend166

Cuaron is boss.

Why has he only made two movies in the last ten years?

His next movie:

The lone survivor of a space mission to repair the Hubble telescope desperately tries to return to Earth and reunite with her daughter.

Will be awesome.

Yagharek

Just saw the end of it on abc24. 3 hour delay thanks to WA timewarp threw me out. Do I stay up til 830 and watch it on abc1 or go to bed early (5am start)?

Omikron

RandomVince said:
Just saw the end of it on abc24. 3 hour delay thanks to WA timewarp threw me out. Do I stay up til 830 and watch it on abc1 or go to bed early (5am start)?
watch on iview ? tiredness will not serve you well. drugs? maybe for listening to Zizek.

Update on router. Will not load most of the time and now dropped out halfway through updating the firmware. Now it really isnt working.

fffffffffffffffffffff

Fuck this shit, Im going to sleep. Hopefully I wakeup in 2012

Deeku

HolyCheck said:
I've tried to watch this so many times, I just can't it's so awkward lol.

but lol @ wheres cella
Yeah, it's awkward even though I have no idea what they are talking about.

But hey, it seemed to work!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3483564/LastCigar_2011-10-03.zip (117mb)

This is a pre-beta build of my team's end-of-year game. It's.. dodgy but hey.

Controls:
- Arrow keys: Movement
- Z: Jump
- X: Shoot
- A/D: Cycles through weapons
- C: Taunt, but currently sets your position to origin (0,0,0)

Current bugs I know about:
- When you die and are moving, you keep moving until you reset or hit a wall.
- When you die and there's an enemy on top of the spawn, you die again over and over.
- When you PRESS Fire on the pistol and machine gun, it doesn't immediately fire. Shotgun is fine however.
- Everything at the moment currently has infinite ammo.
- There are more that I don't remember, please post!

Bernbaum

Currently in Bangkok's red light district and the Irish backpackers I'm with wanna go to a ping pong show. It's cool 'cos I'm with girls.

Details later.

Rezbit

Enjoyed some of the gunplay in BF3 beta. Amazing sound effects. Some nice visuals (though performance ain't that great for what you get). Glitchy as hell. Shitty map/mode. Prone wars in the bushes.

Definitely feel like it's done more harm than good. Won't be purchasing day one for full price that's for sure. Can't see the flaws and bugs being fixed in time for launch.

Indeed DeathJr, I am disappoint.

Yeah, too many glitches and graphics nowhere near the scope of the videos. There are literally points in the map where going prone will teleport you in other areas of the map. Destruction is abysmal as well.

Rage mode and that subway map, absolutely boring. So close to launch, they had better fix all these issues. So much for BF3>MW3.

Vek

Bernbaum said:
Currently in Bangkok's red light district and the Irish backpackers I'm with wanna go to a ping pong show. It's cool 'cos I'm with girls.

Details later.

Probably too late to warn you, but make sure you don't overstay the show. The shows cycle continuously and they will try to charge you for two shows even if you stay a minute into the next cycle. And flying pingpong balls are much easier to dodge than bananas ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DeathJr said:
BF3 beta....I am disappoint. :(

Pretty much. The mechanics are there, but it's drenched in bugs to a point of embarrassment, especially on the hitbox/damage lag side of things. Plus Metro is a fucking stupid map. Beta testing Battlefield 3 with what seems like a map straight out of Bad Company 2 is just...insanely stupid. Caspian Border should have been there day one and accessible to everyone.

Alas, I shall get Battlefield 3 eventually, but the beta removed my interest in being there day one. Too many other games to buy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ro2 is terrible though. The amount of patches that game has had is insane, maybe it's now playable.

Bf3 beta and ro2 beta & retail full of bugs. Are companies just pumping out buggy as fuck games now or what.

Why finish a game when all gen have been happy to test your game for you? Even console games launch with a few bugs and day one patches. Get thing out the door asap so you can start making money rather than blowing it.

DICE say that for the final release they've already patched many of the bugs in the beta. But, this is DICE, and Battlefield games have always been as buggy as hell. Complaining a Battlefield game is buggy is like complaining you have to breathe air. The graphics aren't like the trailer because the beta graphics settings are locked at a lower level.

I like the subway map once the fighting moves into the actual subway. Before the subway and after (on the one game that's actually gotten that far) aren't very interesting, though. Hopefully they'll unlock Caspian Border soon.

All the beta has done is convince me not to get the 360 version and to get the PC one instead. I was never going to get it day one, and this hasn't changed that.

Omikron

codswallop said:
All the beta has done is convince me not to get the 360 version and to get the PC one instead. I was never going to get it day one, and this hasn't changed that.

TBH, I can't imagine getting it on 360 at all... so, doing the right thing, man!

Also, the BETA reports make me extra thankful I don't have time to get involved in some massive online shooter. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

reptilescorpio said:
Why finish a game when all gen have been happy to test your game for you? Even console games launch with a few bugs and day one patches. Get thing out the door asap so you can start making money rather than blowing it.

Few bugs? :) I think you would be hard pressed to find ANY piece of software out there WITHOUT a few bugs. ;)

Omi said:
Also, the BETA reports make me extra thankful I don't have time to get involved in some massive online shooter. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
To be honest I haven't experienced a huge amount of bugs, and none of them are really game-breaking. I wasn't running the recommended beta video drivers, and until I did that it crashed a bit. After that the game was pretty stable. Sure, people were clipping through the ground on occasion and grenades got stuck on shrubbery, but besides that there's been nothing horrifying.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
Cheapest place for RAGE on PC?

Depends if you want a cd key or the actual disc. I got my anarchy edition from ozgame for $44 i think it was.

Still hasn't shipped or turned up of course!

I'm also getting towards the end of ASOS, fuuuuuuuu. Must try and finish it today while at work haha!

"Samsung has agreed to make a number of changes to its Galaxy Tab 10.1 to keep the devices from getting banned for sale in Australia before the holiday shopping season. ... Samsung agreed on Thursday to remove features that use certain heuristics to filter out "accidental" touch input as well as the "zoom bounce" effect that the iPhone uses when zooming past the minimum or maximum zoom level."

elfinke

I've never used them, but have heard only good things from Whirlpool and OCAU users as well as the odd chap here on GAF too.

lol @ people finding bugs in a beta. Did we mention it was a beta build?
you've just done unpaid QA work for EA.

You'd be surprised how often games at Beta are broken and ship fine by the time they go gold.

conversely
You'd be surprised how often games at Gold are broken and ship anyway

which one BF3 turns out to be is TBD.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Clive, I think it's also because of the design decisions DICE have mode. The beta glitches and bugs are kinda funny but there seems to be a lack of communication on their end with all the complaining that people are doing, like battlelog sucking ass, lack of squad management in game and so on.

Looks like google rolled out their UI changes in their online office suite? Looks different that's for sure.

Kritz

Banned
ClivePwned said:
conversely
You'd be surprised how often games at Gold are broken and ship anyway

Oh, I assure you, I'm never surprised when a game's retail release is in no shape better than the supposed Beta. For a game as big and expensive as Battlefield 3, I kind of expected something a little more polished than the atrocious Red Orchestra 2 beta only a month ago. I feel like the actual frustration level between the two games has been relatively equal.

--

As for RAGE, let me know how initkeys goes for people. The game kind of looks like yet another brown wasteland shooter, but also I think I'll still enjoy having the ability to complain about it for 20 hours of however long it takes to get bored of it.

Top Bottom