• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

DeathJr said:
Has anyone ever contested a council parking fine at the magistrates court before? I'm thinking of doing it, and need some tips/info. Thanks.
Depends on the circumstances.....

I contested a parking fine at uni on the grounds that my vehicle was broken down and I did everything to the best of my ability to avoid blocking the parking space. Although I just think that they were impressed that a uni student bothered to contest it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys what's up
DeathJr said:
Sheep all over the world got trolled.

At least apple realized that a smartphone needs a good camera.
*unsubscribes from thread again

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Throw him on ignore, Problem solved!

Don't take the bait, Problem solved!

Accept people have different opinions, Problem solved!

Accept that this post makes no sense and is of no use to you what so ever, Problem solved!

remz

Rez said:
Hey guys what's up
*unsubscribes from thread again
noooo, counteract the madness!!

I just like to pretend he isn't here.

Regardless, one more night til Dark Souls. To say I'm eager would be an understatement >_>

elfinke

remz said:
noooo, counteract the madness!!

I just like to pretend he isn't here.

Regardless, one more night til Dark Souls. To say I'm eager would be an understatement >_>

So excited, made all the more annoying by USGAF having it in their hands now and entire pages of the OT are all just black bars now :(

At least before we were arguing about coop, chat, framerates and so on. I don't think my import CE copies have shipped, so it looks like I'm ducking into my local B&M store tomorrow to grab a vanilla copy.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
Don't take the bait, Problem solved!
People that aren't in the thread 24/7 haven't realised he's a troll yet and they keep responding and we get two or three more pages about DeathJr's shitty opinions again.

Rezbit

B&M game stores exist in Australia?

Also never having played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls looks great. I don't want to have my arse handed to me over and over though...Do I tempt fate?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
elfinke said:
Truly as much as or as little as you are prepared to spend. You can pick up an entry level Onkyo, Yamaha or Pioneer amp from JB for <$300 that'll do 5.1 well enough (just check that your speakers ohm ratings are within the amps specification. Don't worry about the wattage too much - they'll be a 'pretend' 2ch driven 75w-100w anyway).

Otherwise save your pennies and buy something like a Yamaha Aventage or Anthem receiver that'll do everything, though you're looking at $1000-$1800 for one of those bad boys.
Clipper said:
For the Wii, make sure it supports Dolby Pro Logic II. Many of the cheap ones don't, I believe.

I'm not an audiophile, I just wanted a cheap set that would do the job for PS3 and Wii, so I recently got the Z-5500 set from Logitechshop for $290 and really like them, but it appears they've sold out (they've been phasing them out, apparently). They have the replacement model (Z906) for $399, though, so that might be something to look for at an entry level price for something that suits the Wii.

Much appreciated guys. I might save my pennies and get something swish and please the audiophile in me.

Kerrby

Banned
894562-vegemite-chips.jpg

The new Vegemite crinkle cut chip will be sold for 12 weeks from October 6, but only at Coles stores.

Why?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
People that aren't in the thread 24/7 haven't realised he's a troll yet and they keep responding and we get two or three more pages about DeathJr's shitty opinions again.

True. But the thread has usually removed what people have felt to be bad opinions and characters over time. So if everyone is starting to get tired of DeathJr's shitty opinions and trolling, He is bound to try harder which 99% of the people will have learnt to ignore and slowly go away or maybe he will actually throw in some real opinions that aren't purely bait.

Time will tell.

elfinke

Rezbit said:
B&M game stores exist in Australia?

Also never having played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls looks great. I don't want to have my arse handed to me over and over though...Do I tempt fate?

In my case at least, B&M = brick and mortar - in my specific case, GAME and EB. If they happen to have a spare CE I might grab that in any event.

EatChildren said:
Much appreciated guys. I might save my pennies and get something swish and please the audiophile in me.

Truly truly worth it. A properly good amp/receiver is one of the best investments you can make in your HT, and with xmas just around the corner it's a pretty good time to be hunting around, doubly so if you buy one of last years' now-discounted models. What speakers were you gifted?

Dead Man

evlcookie said:
True. But the thread has usually removed what people have felt to be bad opinions and characters over time. So if everyone is starting to get tired of DeathJr's shitty opinions and trolling, He is bound to try harder which 99% of the people will have learnt to ignore and slowly go away or maybe he will actually throw in some real opinions that aren't purely bait.

Time will tell.
Yeah, I mean look at Kerrby, he is alright now, mostly. :)

Rezbit

elfinke said:
In my case at least, B&M = brick and mortar - in my specific case, GAME and EB. If they happen to have a spare CE I might grab that in any event.

Ah yes, I was thinking brick and mortar as in independent retailers.

Vegemite chips...will try, will probably hate like 95% of other chips out there.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
commanderdeek said:
I reckon JB would have CE's on shelves tomorrow. That's my plan anyway.
It depends on the store, but we certainly have more CE than we do CE pre-orders.

Deeku

Rez said:
It depends on the store, but we certainly ordered in more CE than we did CE pre-orders.
Yeah, I've always noticed that the JB's I frequent have CE's still on shelves even weeks after release. Thanks for clarifying that for me though, makes me feel all the more excited about tomorrow:)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
DeathJr said:
So my opinion is trolling? Wow, just wow.

I was just starting to warm up to you guys. I'm sad.

It's not that your opinion is trolling it's that your opinions seem to actually lack an opinion. Saying the sheep have been fooled really doesn't do much other than piss people off.

You could have stated that you find the 4S to be lackluster in what you thought apple would have presented. Siri is interesting but you believe android to do a similar task, although one that isn't totally integrated into the OS, Maybe in ice cream sandwich it could be. The update camera is a nice addition and so is the upgrade in speed but that's to be expected as it's the standard apple update in all devices. It's not the device for you.

Instead you were a dick.

There's a difference.

reptilescorpio said:
Depends on the circumstances.....

I contested a parking fine at uni on the grounds that my vehicle was broken down and I did everything to the best of my ability to avoid blocking the parking space. Although I just think that they were impressed that a uni student bothered to contest it.
Thanks, what I really want to know is how the process works...do I actually need to go to the court, or will it be resolved by a written argument?

I was trying to park in a spot, but the guy ahead had parked halfway on both spots. So I parked behind him, and half my car was in a no standing zone. I asked him to move in front so I could park properly. He did and I moved in front.

Little to my knowing, some parking officer had meanwhile come up behind me and clicked a picture. In the photo they sent me, i'm standing next to my car! The cheek of that officer to take a picture and fine me instead of inquiring why I was parked like that...

Its the maribrynong council, they are already infamous for their ridiculous parking fines. I'm very confident I'll win..

You are a poopy head DeathJnr.

Dead Man said:
Yeah, I mean look at Kerrby, he is alright now, mostly. :)
He spends more time being banned than posting! ;)

commanderdeek said:
I reckon JB would have CE's on shelves tomorrow. That's my plan anyway.
Still haven't finished Demons Souls but I sooooo want the CE! If I run into EB today and they have it I may need to bite.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was really surprised by how well Ico held up. I'd never played it before and was really impressed. I was expecting something really wanky and dated, but everything about it was -- uh -- just right. It wasn't that I was like "THAT WAS AWESOME DID YOU SEE THAT", it was more of that weird feeling you get when something quietly exceeds your expectations. It's definitely worth all the praise it gets. It must have been mind-blowing in 2002. It seems massively influential.

I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on the HD Team Ico collection. I'm enjoying SOTC all the more in context back-to-back with Ico.

DeathJr said:
Thanks, what I really want to know is how the process works...do I actually need to go to the court, or will it be resolved by a written argument?

I was trying to park in a spot, but the guy ahead had parked halfway on both spots. So I parked behind him, and half my car was in a no standing zone. I asked him to move in front so I could park properly. He did and I moved in front.
Is it at the court stage yet? If not, write a letter explaining that you tried to the best of your ability and if you're polite in the email and were doing the right thing you should be OK.

I've gotten off fines a bunch of times. Once I was parked in a legitimate spot, then someone covered up the signs and put temporary no standing signs there for something, I don't know what. Technically I was parked there when I shouldn't have been, but how was I supposed to know that a spot that was OK when I parked there would turn into a no standing zone?

DeathJr said:

Little to my knowing, some parking officer had meanwhile come up behind me and clicked a picture. In the photo they sent me, i'm standing next to my car! The cheek of that officer to take a picture and fine me instead of inquiring why I was parked like that...

Its the maribrynong council, they are already infamous for their ridiculous parking fines. I'm very confident I'll win..
Yeah I would dispute that one if you are in the picture. Explain the situation and they should let up. I only did mine by written application.

Also the new iPhone hasn't done enough for me to sell my Galaxy S2 and jump into a new iPhone contract.

Rez said:
I was really surprised by how well Ico held up. I'd never played it before and was really impressed. I was expecting something really wanky and dated, but everything about it was -- uh -- just right. It wasn't that I was like "THAT WAS AWESOME DID YOU SEE THAT", it was more of that weird feeling you get when something quietly exceeds your expectations. It's definitely worth all the praise it gets. It must have been mind-blowing in 2002. It seems massively influential.

I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on the HD Team Ico collection. I'm enjoying SOTC all the more in context back-to-back with Ico.
Pretty much this, except with SotC. Haven't played ICO yet. Although SotC has been full of THAT WAS AWESOME moments.

codswallop said:
Is it at the court stage yet? If not, write a letter explaining that you tried to the best of your ability and if you're polite in the email and were doing the right thing you should be OK.

I've gotten off fines a bunch of times. Once I was parked in a legitimate spot, then someone covered up the signs and put temporary no standing signs there for something, I don't know what. Technically I was parked there when I shouldn't have been, but how was I supposed to know that a spot that was OK when I parked there would turn into a no standing zone?
Its the maribrynong council. Pleading to them is useless.

Gazunta said:
Hey guys what's going on today.

(looks at thread)

OH PRESIDOG
So are we giong to get Daily Presidog any time soon? I would pay $10 a month for Daily Presidog without a doubt.

Edit: Actually boo that, I would hate to get worn out on Presidog and have him outstay his welcome. Weekly is perfect!
I just need to cycle through them a bit more often.

Bernbaum

Rez said:

Ico is a game I've replayed annually since 2007. It held up conistently each year. I held off last year because I saw the HD version coming and wanted to taste the awesome. SotC lacks the raw impact it had on its first play but remains a solid game. Ico just really resonates with me. Will pick it up once I'm back in Aus and after I finish SPACE MARINE WAAAAAAAAGH CHAINSWORD TO THE FACE FUCK YEAH RELIC.

Also Gears 3 is a thing that I will like.

-

Re: AusGAF getting average. Ideally, the best way to counter the derisive banter from the kiddies here isn't to roll your eyes at stupid posts/members (I'm guilty of this), but to make interesting and proactive posts that stimulate smart discussion (which is hard because Rez and VKS don't post here enough and Mar doesn't post here at all).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi already posted that!

I've finally gotten through the first 3 introduction? chapters of book 4. Now i guess the real fun begins.

evlcookie said:
It's not that your opinion is trolling it's that your opinions seem to actually lack an opinion. Saying the sheep have been fooled really doesn't do much other than piss people off.

You could have stated that you find the 4S to be lackluster in what you thought apple would have presented. Siri is interesting but you believe android to do a similar task, although one that isn't totally integrated into the OS, Maybe in ice cream sandwich it could be. The update camera is a nice addition and so is the upgrade in speed but that's to be expected as it's the standard apple update in all devices. It's not the device for you.

Instead you were a dick.

There's a difference.
When I give my opinion, I have bad taste. When I don't, it's trolling. Can't bloody win...

Bernbaum said:
Re: AusGAF getting average. Ideally, the best way to counter the derisive banter from the kiddies here isn't to roll your eyes at stupid posts/members (I'm guilty of this), but to make interesting and proactive posts that stimulate smart discussion (which is hard because Rez and VKS don't post here enough and Mar doesn't post here at all).

This. And stories about objects being ejected with force from vaginas are also neat.

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
So are we giong to get Daily Presidog any time soon? I would pay $10 a month for Daily Presidog without a doubt.

Edit: Actually boo that, I would hate to get worn out on Presidog and have him outstay his welcome. Weekly is perfect!
I agree. Going from rare but delicious nuggets of Presidog goodness to having them on a daily basis is like going from having Obama give inspiring speeches to actually having him as President.

Gazunta

reptilescorpio said:
INSERT CREDIT CARD HERE ------------------------------------------------

Damnit and I just bought a boat!

Shaneus

Well, I guess it's good that I'm not totally sold on upgrading from a 3GS to a 4S. If the 4 wasn't enough for me to upgrade, then the 4S isn't exactly going to wow me either. Although with photo quality like this I'm definitely having second thoughts.

In the very least, I'll be able to show restraint and wait until the initial BOHICA telco plans have been reduced to something a little more affordable.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
evlcookie said:
Omi already posted that!

I knew I should have checked. Oh the embarrassment.

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
isn't to roll your eyes at stupid posts/members
I disagree. Failure to reject unwanted behaviour just makes it continue. When we can't make the rules, social conditioning is the next best thing.

Top Bottom