• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kerrby said:
Vook if you're reading this, do you know if Australia gets a pre order bonus for Resident Evil: Revelations like the US does?

To answer your question, no I don't know. Best guess...

If Nintendo is distributing it, probably not. If THQ is then they'll probably do it with EB only.

My word on the iPhone 4S. It's a better upgrade than the 3GS was to the 3G.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Coeliacus said:
Checking into another ausgaf thread to get my subscriptions on. Hey there Melbourne Gaf. Any fans of local live music and such?

*raises hand~!*

Just moved here a few months ago though so don't really know where to go ;_;

but I do enjoy a good local band every now and again.

jambo

Just read about the iPhone 4S stuff, I told you the new iPhone wouldn't do 4G Choc, no way they'll do that until 2012-13.

codswallop said:
Even if Siri is "glorified", if it does it better than the other guys in a mass market device, why is that exactly a bad thing?

Because it's on iOS and not on his Android =P

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
The US had virtually no mobile video chatting, so FaceTime was actually a big thing for the US market. As we've had real video calling here for ages, it wasn't a big deal at all. Plus, Google Hangouts now works with mobile devices so that's a hundred times better in my opinion. Hangouts is really quite fantastic.

Even if Siri is "glorified", if it does it better than the other guys in a mass market device, why is that exactly a bad thing? Tons of other guys have tried it and failed, if Apple manages to popularise it (and I doubt they will, because most people don't really want voice control IMO) then why should we hate them for that?

the big thing about facetime is that it works on ipads and touches as well, it makes the market so much bigger for it

Choc said:
the big thing about facetime is that it works on ipads and touches as well, it makes the market so much bigger for it
Yes, but Hangouts also works on PCs and any Android device with an active network connection, so in theory there are even more devices that'll work with Hangouts. In theory also Hangouts should work over a 3G connection where as FaceTime requires wireless-only (presumably to keep costs down, which seems sensible).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Revelations? I don't know what that is.

Choc, I thought you said brad from giantbomb was down on rage? Dude gave it 4/5. Silly choc.

Hopefully by the time it arrives drivers will be sorted out on the ATi side and the game patched. Yay for importing.

senahorse

evlcookie said:
Revelations? I don't know what that is.

Choc, I thought you said brad from giantbomb was down on rage? Dude gave it 4/5. Silly choc.

Hopefully by the time it arrives drivers will be sorted out on the ATi side and the game patched. Yay for importing.

I believe they have been sorted out for the most part, the game apparently runs at 60fps now and with minimal texture pop in, still a few niggly things though which I dare say will be sorted out very soon.

Agyar

I really enjoyed the multiplayer in Brotherhood for a few weeks but I didn't even finish Assassin's Creed 2 without getting bored, let alone the campaign in Brotherhood. With the multiplayer returning in Revelations, I'm tempted to get it just for that but paying full price when I doubt I'll bother with the campaign is a tough sell. It's made even trickier by the fact that unlike a campaign, if I leave it until it's $30 there will be nobody playing online.

Clipper

hamchan said:
It should be noted that that's the US price for PS2 games on PSN. Aussie price will be $15 probably, but you can use your Aussie credit card to buy stuff of the US store anyway.

Also, they're only $8 if you have US Playstation Plus.

Bernbaum

My favourite thing about the new iPhone is that it looks just like my current iPhone and I don't feel the compulsion to upgrade because my phone doesn't look redundant.

Not sure if I'll get a new Kindle or a Kindle Touch. I don't want touchscreen but the Touch has bigger capacity and battery life. The Fire is out of the question 'cos I have an iPad and I demand eInk.

Agyar said:
I really enjoyed the multiplayer in Brotherhood for a few weeks but I didn't even finish Assassin's Creed 2 without getting bored, let alone the campaign in Brotherhood. With the multiplayer returning in Revelations, I'm tempted to get it just for that but paying full price when I doubt I'll bother with the campaign is a tough sell. It's made even trickier by the fact that unlike a campaign, if I leave it until it's $30 there will be nobody playing online.
It sometimes feels like the earliest Assassin's Creed games were made just for me, in that they are medieval assassination simulators. I expected the multiplayer would be awesome, but just like in every other multiplayer ever, everyone acted like dicks and played against the ideal of the game (Stay hidden in the shadows to avoid detection? Fuck that! I can jump across roofs!).

Deeku

Clipper said:
It should be noted that that's the US price for PS2 games on PSN. Aussie price will be $15 probably, but you can use your Aussie credit card to buy stuff of the US store anyway.

Also, they're only $8 if you have US Playstation Plus.
:eek:

I never knew that, thanks clip!

elfinke said:
While Hail Inglip is not new to me, Responsibility Scallop slayed me. Damn. I know what I'm doing over lunch now.
Yeah Inglip had run its course but damn, never saw Responsibility Scallop before. New favourite.

Yagharek

Gazunta said:
The fax machine is nothing but a waffle iron with a phone attached.

Honestly guys, it's super easy to be dismissive of anything.

The PS3 is just a PS2 with 1080, SHRUG SONY FAIL

Except for the 1080 part.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Just read the ping pong stories on the last page. My wife and I got roped into going to one (while on our honeymoon). Those poor, poor budgies and fish. As for negotiating payment, my advice is to bring along a South African. Sure, the Irish are good fighters and better negotiators, but those Saffas play for keeps.
I read a thing on your blog a while back. The one about time travel and what to bring - bloody creative bit of work there and you'd obviously done a big chunk of homework. Keep writing more please.

Most blogs usually follow this cycle:

First Post! (August 12 2009)

Hey guys, this is my new blog. I'll be talking about my MANIC life and stuffs. I like music and movies (0 comments)

Cats and animals (August 13 2009)

Ever notice just how much animals are like people sometimes? I don't think anyone's ever noticed that. I noticed it because I'm interesting and a unique person (hence the blog LOL) (0 comments)

Big post coming! (August 17 2009)

Hey guys, sorry to keep you waiting. I've started writing a MASSIVE blog post which is super interesting and can't wait to post it for all of you to read (0 comments)

Sorry guys! (September 3 2009)

Oh boy - my crazy life has been super busy. Sorry I haven't posted in a while - I'll have that big post up real soon I promise (0 comments)

I'm back! (April 10 2010)

Was looking around and found this crazy old blog. Anyways, I'm gonna start posting here again so all of you can catch up on what I've been up to. I've got SOOOO many stories LOL (0 comments)

jambo

Fredescu said:
I hate to be that guy, but man, so old. The whole Inglip thing has sort of died out by now. The inglip sub reddit used to be super popular, but its had it's day. http://www.reddit.com/r/Inglip

IYaAO.gif

Gazunta

Sounds like most webcomic artists blogs, except 90% of the posts are about how the artist has NO TIME TO DRAW OMG

You have time you nimwit, put down the Xbox controller and stop hanging out at the pub.

Did you copy and paste that from your blog bern? :)

Looks like my several attempts at blogs. I just don't care enough about letting everyone know what I get up to. Same reason I barely touch Facebook now.

Kerrby

Banned
You might not make it to the Joy of Sets taping legend, it's still dropping in the ratings.
23 The Joy Of Sets Nine 462,000 149,000 149,000 72,000 41,000 53,000

That's behind Bold and the Beautiful :p. Not entirely relevant but still.

Rage is shit? Thanks for the headsup but I'm buying it anyway. And locally.

HN's website actually has decent preorder prices for a bunch of big releases for the rest of the year. I'm tempted to preorder BF3 and Mw3 for PC for $72ea when I attempt to get a copy of Rage.

legend166

Kerrby said:
You might not make it to the Joy of Sets taping legend, it's still dropping in the ratings.
23 The Joy Of Sets Nine 462,000 149,000 149,000 72,000 41,000 53,000

That's behind Bold and the Beautiful :p. Not entirely relevant but still.

I already went to the taping. It's still to be seen whether that episode will actually make it to air.

I was at episode seven, so they've got four to go :S

Stackboy

How can I find it out if the Rage download is hosted on the 3Fl servers on iinet? Not even iinet is sure about what Steam will let them host. 25gig download, don't want it to eat the cap.

Top Bottom