• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:
I love how the media promotes irrational shite and a lack of critical thinking skills...seriously there is a show on Ch7 that is aiming to find Australia's best psychic...fuck me.
Bahahaha. I'm actually watching it now. A guy I used to work with is on there. Strangely enough, before he started dating (and now married) this particular girl, he was the blokiest bloke ever and probably would've called you a poof (in those words) if you said anything positive about psychics.

markot said:
! A psychic rennovation show!
Would watch.

This is usually the point in an OT thread where the next 78 posts are pictures of Susan Coffey and everyone forgets what the conversation was about.

RandomVince said:
Wtf is this about fondling on holidays?
Your airport experiences must be less eventful than mine. :(

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
This is usually the point in an OT thread where the next 78 posts are pictures of Susan Coffey and everyone forgets what the conversation was about.
sweetjesus.gif
kramerimout.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
commanderdeek said:
Segment, invert, then cut the squares out into a bowl and eat with a fork.

I don't like having mushy juice all over my face.

Edit:

OMG WAT :lol :lol :lol

How was it?

Chewy, quite chewy

The recent leaking of the new Pop Will Eat Itself album has rekindled my thoughts on what it takes for someone to get so far away from the original intent of the name before they should stop using it. Same with Smashing Pumpkins. Is it determined mainly by how close they remain to the style of music that the original members made popular? As in a passing fan wouldn't guess that they have cycled out of some members? Helmet is another current example.

Salazar

cBLH0.jpg

Spain's fabulously wealthy 85-year-old Duchess of Alba is facing a topless photo scandal on the eve of her wedding to a civil servant 25 years her junior.
A 30-year-old photograph of the duchess as she sunbathed topless in Ibiza was splashed on the cover of the racy Spanish magazine Interviu, reportedly prompting a legal threat.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/...-of-wedding-20111005-1l7r0.html#ixzz1Zte435Hv

Age has not been kind. 30 year old photo is legit hot.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
The recent leaking of the new Pop Will Eat Itself album has rekindled my thoughts on what it takes for someone to get so far away from the original intent of the name before they should stop using it. Same with Smashing Pumpkins. Is it determined mainly by how close they remain to the style of music that the original members made popular? As in a passing fan wouldn't guess that they have cycled out of some members? Helmet is another current example.
WHAT?! WHAT?!?!?! New PWEI? How did I not know about this? Any good?

As for keeping the name, GnR is pretty fucking far from the original lineup.

Shaneus

Oh my. My old colleague "won" the first challenge on The One.

PS. Is it wrong that I only know of PWEI via the design work done by The Designers Republic?

Dead Man said:
WHAT?! WHAT?!?!?! New PWEI? How did I not know about this? Any good?
As for keeping the name, GnR is pretty fucking far from the original lineup.
It's okay but nothing special. Feels like a rehash through their old stuff rather than a new sound like they had been doing with the last 2 albums. Doesn't live up to Dos Dedos.

Axel really should have just made his own band but I suppose that he was locked into the name because of the record contract obligation. Either put out another Guns record or get the shit sued out of yourself.

Re-release of Kvelertak makes me wish they could get another damn album out. Makes up for the new Mastodon not being up at the usual lofty height that I came to expect from them.

Shaneus

The One is amazing. Watching the "mediums" completely struggle for breath as they panic and try to find something to latch onto. Trololol.

Shaneus said:
The One is amazing. Watching the "mediums" completely struggle for breath as they panic and try to find something to latch onto. Trololol.

4/10 found the helicopter, exactly what you would expect from people wandering around... Or how about use some fucking logic and go for higher ground as the 'helipad' is more likely to be higher up in a clearing. If these people didn't have any influence on people I wouldn't care, but some of these people are absolute scum, in particular the 'clairvoyants' who prey on the weak and vulnerable.

Worthintendo said:
Staring Sarah Jessica Parker?
Good luck trying to find someone to play Wilbur. Would take millions of dollars to stand next to that creature without trembling in fear of its caustic voice bringing on the rapture. Maybe Broderick could do it.

Also Mel Brooks Blu Ray collection for $54 is mighty tempting. Might make it a Christmas present for the little guy, gotta get him started on the classics at some point.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also Mel Brooks Blu Ray collection for $54 is mighty tempting. Might make it a Christmas present for the little guy, gotta get him started on the classics at some point.
I've only seen 2.5 of those movies. Men in Tights, Blazing Saddles and part of Spaceballs (I couldn't get into it... sorry!). Really should put more effort into watching the classics.

Holy shit at the Louis Theroux that's on now. Have seen before, but god damn prison looks like a scary place.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
It's okay but nothing special. Feels like a rehash through their old stuff rather than a new sound like they had been doing with the last 2 albums. Doesn't live up to Dos Dedos.

Axel really should have just made his own band but I suppose that he was locked into the name because of the record contract obligation. Either put out another Guns record or get the shit sued out of yourself.

Re-release of Kvelertak makes me wish they could get another damn album out. Makes up for the new Mastodon not being up at the usual lofty height that I came to expect from them.
Oh. Oh well, I'll still check it out, anyone that starts a music genre needs to be supported.
shanshan310 said:
*eye twitches* ugh. No smiley face!
I don't know what it is about her that annoys me, but I'm tired of seeing her face everywhere. Look at that face! http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4005150464/nm1297015 terrifying.
She is not going to age well, bloody hell.

Bernbaum

Thank you reptilescorpio for making me aware that there is a new Mastodon album out. I had no idea.

Listened to Crack the Skye in its entirety on a flight to Brunei just now and am hoping that the Hunter has something good to fill my ears for the final leg home.

Deeku

Push pops also had the spit problem.

I never liked those tongue popping candy things. The foot lolipops in Fizz Whiz were kinda neat though.

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD

Bernbaum

Land Before Time dinosaur puppets from Pizza Hut back when Pizza Hut still had restaurants.

Oh boy - all you can eat at Pizza hut was heavenly. Nothing beats having a gut-stuffing binge on pizza and bolognese and then taking the soft drink jug for a trip to the dessert bar, filling it with ice cream, choc fudge sauce and caesar salad croutons, mixing it up and leaving a nice diarrea-like mess on the table for the restaurant staff to clean up.

Deeku

midonnay said:
are they still around? haven't had one in more than a decade at least
I don't think I've seen them, but I know what I'm gonna look out for tomorrow!

Watermelon was my favourite.

Bernbaum said:
Land Before Time dinosaur puppets from Pizza Hut back when Pizza Hut still had restaurants.

Oh boy - all you can eat at Pizza hut was heavenly. Nothing beats having a gut-stuffing binge on pizza and bolognese and then taking the sift drink jug for a trip to the dessert bar, filling it with ice cream, choc fudge sauce and caesar salad croutons, mixing it up and leaving a nice diarrea-like mess on the table for the wait staff to clean up.
FUUUUUUUUU

Pizza Hut The Works! I had all those puppets too.

Ice-cream machine plus red and green jelly!

jambo

Bernbaum said:

There's still a Pizza Hut restaurant in Adelaide, I'm totally going to have my 24th birthday there.

Salazar

Rahk said:
Well, plastic surgery has not been kind at least.

This civil servant dude should have got in there when the topless shots were taken. 25 years too late is late indeed.

At least I now know one thing for certain: breasts can straight-up vanish.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
http://i.imgur.com/cBLH0.jpg[IMG]

Age has not been kind. 30 year old photo is legit hot.[/QUOTE]
Nah, she was never hot:

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/WKirkwood/AlbaDuchessofAlbaTiara.jpg

Top Bottom