• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Waikis

Fogz said:
How about these I picked up last night?

http://gifts.myer.com.au/au_mario-luigi-bowsers-inside-story-ds-online-special_d_15998.aspx $30

http://gifts.myer.com.au/au_ratchet-clank-3-a-crack-in-time-ps3-online-special_d_5129.aspx $10

I missed out on the $100 PSP 3000 :(

Also:
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/52297 Space Marine Steam key for $25 that I'm not too sure about. Seems legit and is getting positive scores, but last time I saw a keyseller on Ozbargain you have to give your steam password to some Russian guy who logged in and activated the code.

I think they are UK keys though.

cheers pogz, i just got the keys sent to my email.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
markot said:
Dont be a CD key lameo. Steam might get mad, and not to mentioning, the more you use, the more that they will 'regionalise' keys!

I'm not paying AU$90 for a game I can get for AU$30.

jambo

I have decided that today is Pink Floyd Day.

Listened to DSotM, WYWH, Animals and now on to The Wall.

Ooooooh I need a dirty woman.

EatChildren said:
I'm not paying AU$90 for a game I can get for AU$30.

But you'll be a lameo!

markot

Banned
Choc said:
this ones pretty good :) ive used gg before

and for those of you saying dont do it, fuck the 89 AU price, its ridiculous.

is space marine steamworks? can i use gamers gate with steam
Yea, and yea!

Bernbaum

With the exception of the Whopper and its variants, every single meal item on the Hungry Jack's menu is a complete waste of time.

senahorse

I don't mind the onion rings.

On other note, fuck I hate you sometimes Perl. You would think that checking if a key exists in a multi-level hash would do just that, true or false, but nooooo you decide to actually change a value in said hash so that if you do another exists on it, it will return true (when it was false before)...

edit: perldocs says this 'may' be fixed one day, *sigh*. Sometimes I wish our local network scripting/programming wasn't tied down to just Perl and we could use Ruby or even Python. Doing object orientation with a language that wasn't really meant for it can yield some interesting results, especially when Perl lets you get away with anything.

OneMoreQuestion said:
They're selling Russian shelf copies. It doesn't get more legit than that :p

On second though, maybe it does...
Publishers are getting snarky about people buying Russian keys, would be surprised if the practise is allowed for much longer. DE3 was going to bring in region locked keys to stop the Russian imports before the backlash but it will happen sooner rather than later.

Yagharek

x3n05 said:

On other note, fuck I hate you sometimes Perl. You would think that checking if a key exists in a multi-level hash would do just that, true or false, but nooooo you decide to actually change a value in said hash so that if you do another exists on it, it will return true (when it was false before)...

edit: perldocs says this 'may' be fixed one day, *sigh*. Sometimes I wish our local network scripting/programming wasn't tied down to just Perl and we could use Ruby or even Python. Doing object orientation with a language that wasn't really meant for it can yield some interesting results, especially when Perl lets you get away with anything.

Ever thought of working for Sony's PSN security team? They probably use perl.

senahorse

RandomVince said:
Ever thought of working for Sony's PSN security team? They probably use perl.

I heard some very interesting things from a couple of different security vendors when they came to visit in August about Sony's security, cringe worthy stuff.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'd rather buy myself a copy for $30, then two extra copies for $30 and give them away, than pay $90 local for just me. Price gouging can suck it.

PS I'm not buying two extra copies.

midonnay

grilled chicken burger is where its at .... I have an irrational hatred of the aussie burger because of the beetroot.

Shaneus

x3n05 said:
Fucking oath. Onion rings are still godly (when fresh). Not a fan of ones they either nuke or that have been sitting there for a while... but freshly made ones, oh my.

EatChildren said:
I'd rather buy myself a copy for $30, then two extra copies for $30 and give them away, than pay $90 local for just me. Price gouging can suck it.

Totally grabbing one of the extras.

ps. definately didn't delete anything out of your quote :p

EatChildren

Marshmellow said:
Totally grabbing one of the extras.

ps. definately didn't delete anything out of your quote :p

An EatChildren never pays his debts.

elfinke

Aside from their Onion Rings (and even they are debatable), there is not one redeemable thing about HJ/BK.

Truth.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
VISA Debit card is your friend.

Yeah! Even though you realise I meant Classic Controller. I have a VISA Debit, it is both my friend and my pick pocketing neighbour... TV pspgo, 2 finals tickets, xenoblade + ccpro + some other stuff I cant remember bought because It was easy..

Got back now with xeno blade chron, 2.5 hours of work to go then I can leave to play!

Shaneus

Guarantee it will. I mentioned it before, but as far as CD key places go, they seem the most reputable out of the lot.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I just held a classic controller pro / normal for the first time in my life.

I swore.

This thing is molded to my hands, what the heck. Did nintendo get my measurements?

Yagharek

CCPros are awesome. I like their design almost as much as a GC controller. But theyre a bit more functional.

As an aside, I think DS may just be the best gaming platform. Unless you count PC I guess. Just went on a play asia spendup for the back catalogue and came away with DQIV, Ys 1 & 2 and N+. Cost me about $90 incl postage.

There is simply no end to the depth of that system's library. Aliens game from WayForward coming later this month and Kirby Mass Attack as well. And here I was thinking Okamiden was the system's swansong.

DS <3

EatChildren

The DS is indeed about as good as a gaming library can get, yet I still meet people who loath the DS and everything it stands for.

Choc

Banned
is the Nintendo DS, Nintendo's 'Windows XP'

Microsoft has often been told Windows XP was too perfect and they won't ever be able to move on properly from it as people love it to much

is 3DS the Nintendo Vista? Yes it fucking is :D

jambo

Choc said:
is 3DS the Nintendo Vista? Yes it fucking is :D

A great product with bad 3rd party support and shit public image?

Hmm, I agree with Choc about something... this feels odd.

Also, anyone who thinks that Windows XP is better than Windows 7 is a fool.

A FOOOOOOOOL!

Yagharek

I think 3DS is unfairly maligned. DS was much the same for the first 6-12 months, and it didnt even have Grecon or OOT. Give it time.

hamchan

<3 the DS library.

Gonna play through DQ IV, V, VI and IX over the next year. Already playing IX right now, made my guy look like a super saiyan.

Jintor

Market conditions are different now though is the big worry. Smartphone market really is eating into the lower-tier space.

Yagharek

Smartphones arent really relevant though when it comes to the DS library. That's like arguing Farmville is going to make Steam redundant.

Jintor

I have so many more DS games to catch up on, but outside of Steam games (DAMN YOU STEAM GAMES) it's by far my largest library.

elfinke

RandomVince said:
Smartphones arent really relevant though when it comes to the DS library. That's like arguing Farmville is going to make Steam redundant.

Maybe not to the library (yet anyway), but certainly to my pocket space and to a lesser extent, mind share.

Fogz

hamchan said:
<3 the DS library.

Gonna play through DQ IV, V, VI and IX over the next year. Already playing IX right now, made my guy look like a super saiyan.

Finished DQ V & IX and got VI in the backlog. Playing through The World Ends With You now.

DS RPGs :D

Card Boy

Banned
It begins....

A user on one of Australias biggest bargain websites just posted the 20000 Dirt 3 keys from that AMD leak.

Tsk tsk tsk tsk.

Jintor

RandomVince said:

It depends where the profit sector lies. We don't really have that information. But more on the nose, smartphone apps and games might (and probably do) cut into the casual gamer market who may have previously bought a dedicated handheld for any gaming at all. Now that that stuff is available on a device they already own, they don't need a dedicated handheld. It doesn't cut into the core market, at least not very much, but it's the bottom line that's important.

jambo

RandomVince said:

i-GgW57X4-L.jpg

Yagharek

elfinke said:
Maybe not to the library (yet anyway), but certainly to my pocket space and to a lesser extent, mind share.

No, I mean it doesnt stop the DS library from existing. It's a tangential point at best. :p

edit: and DS brought Chrono Trigger to PAL land. All other arguments are null and void.

Top Bottom