• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Gazunta said:
JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU DO IN IT WILL I LIKE IT OR NOT HKJLHDKLJHDKJHD
No harder than typing 'wiki [insert game title here]' into google and getting the full synopsis of the game and details on previews/reviews. Honestly I only ever use gaf and wiki to get information on games now. Aside from the enjoyable banter of RPS of course. Plus VOOK if I get a strange compulstion to be interested in Nintendo games for a few minutes.

Also demos. If you have no idea if you will like a game try a demo. Or just take a shot in the dark and give a game a shot. Kind of like buying an album because you liek the cover art.

Rocksteady33 said:
God ever since I left Australia I've missed Max Music television so much. Does anyone know if there's some way to get that channel in America? Love those countdowns.
Is that one of the extra Foxtel channels? Maybe your local cable provider (if you are in the US) has an option for import channels.

Jintor

Worthintendo said:
Its reading stuff like this that really makes me glad I don't give 2 shits about reviews anymore, if I'm interested in a game based on screenshots and trailers and what people have said in forums I'll get it. I only really read reviews when its something I already have to see what other people have said on it and how their opinion compares to mine. Also for obscure little games like DSiWare which are hard to find lots of info on.

Honestly, you just make me more and more frightened that one day I"ll be pressured to do something stupid and attract the ire of the internet

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Ugh, these things are the bane of my existence. I look on the Gaming side of GAF and I honestly have no idea WTF half the games they're talking about actually ARE.

"So, what's No More Heroes like?" "OH MAN, it's so CRAZY and MESSED UP, it's by Suda51, you know who he is? He makes CRAZY GAMES"

JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU DO IN IT WILL I LIKE IT OR NOT HKJLHDKLJHDKJHD

I am playing GoatUp, a 2D platformer on iOS. You play as a Goat, who goes Up platforms and kisses other goats and has baby goats that follow you around as you jump from platform to platform. Your baby goats destroy enemies that will try to knock you down if you touch them directly. The aim of the game is to collect goats, climb to the top of the tower and collect random items that pop out of the grass that you eat on each platform. Think of it as a cross between Rainbow Islands, Nebulous and Doodle Jump.

WAS THAT SO HARD? APPARENTLY SO.
You've just sold me on GoatUp. So long as it doesn't have a difficulty/learning curve as steep as all of his other games.

Deeku

Much of my enjoyment from Demon's Souls came from the atmosphere and overall presentation of the game. It was a very different and refreshing take on a Japanese developed rpg. Gameplay wise, it was a very methodical type of game, that's how I played it anyway. The first time through an area/level, you're really careful trying not to die, but after that it's pretty easy to breeze your way through in order to grind for drops, souls, materials to upgrade weapons. Once you leveled up a bit, and had decent stuff, things got a lot easier.

I still don't get why everyone says it was an insanely hard game though, because it really wasn't. It was kinda hard at first because none of the systems were explained to you properly, and you were overwhelmed with all these different mechanics and weapon stats that made no sense. Once you understand how everything works, build a character that matches your play style and level stats accordingly, it's a pretty straight forward game.

But yeah, I used wiki a lot to figure out what weapons/shields I should upgrade so I guess if you don't use anything it's pretty hard:lol

Jintor

Suda51's Goatup? would buy

commanderdeek said:
But yeah, I used wiki a lot to figure out what weapons/shields I should upgrade so I guess if you don't use anything it's pretty hard:lol

that shit didn't exist for most of the gaming press, remember?

Gazunta

Shaneus said:
You've just sold me on GoatUp. So long as it doesn't have a difficulty/learning curve as steep as all of his other games.
It's actually really mellow. Definitely not Minotron hard.

Hey, can't remember if it's been asked before, but is the iCade available in Australia anywhere? All of Minter's games support it now.

Argh I am worried, ordered the Dark Souls guide a few weeks ago from The Book Depository, now it's sitting at awaiting publication in my order area, and currently unavailable on the website.

Deeku

Jintor said:
that shit didn't exist for most of the gaming press, remember?
I know I know, but the general consensus was that it was designed for masochists, and it was a hard ass game for most gamers, even with a guide. For me, it was just time consuming, and I suck at games.

Tntnnbltn

Purchased this week...
6163%2Bctj5gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51nfpZk7wcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
5100N8NMv0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

November and December's planned hit-list:

No more this month though. I don't like downward trends in my bank statements.

Oh, but now I want to buy a bigger tv to watch the blu-rays on. :(

Shaneus

Choc said:
poor Steve :(

even if you dont like Apple, you have to admit he changed the world
Yep. I'm not an Apple fanboy at all but mad respect for the guy. ITT we should post awesome pictures of him.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shaneus said:
Yep. I'm not an Apple fanboy at all but mad respect for the guy. ITT we should post awesome pictures of him.

Exact same stance here, dislike most apple products, but I can see the change theyve made for the world in regards to becoming a more advanced place, and he will be missed.

RIP

Gazunta

I'm actually really bummed out about this now.

Edit: from twitter

@andrewpfister @gazunta: This is a preview of when Miyamoto decides to leave us.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like Dice are going to add squad management to in game now for BF3.

Apple will be interesting to watch over the next 5 years. To see if they can continue to be a strong player, grow or start to fall apart without Steve.

midonnay

Gazunta said:

Edit: from twitter

@andrewpfister @gazunta: This is a preview of when Miyamoto decides to leave us.

hivemind.....

I was thinking the exact same thing

Gazunta said:

Edit
Me too. Lots of Macs and iDevices around here. This has cast a pall over a day which started shit and looks to stay that way.

I've read a bit about him over the years and he went through some lean times after being forced out of Apple in the mid-80's. And he never gave up. I found that stuff helps me get through bad patches professionally.

He certainly had some personality issues, but with that came a vision that never quit.

also- it's not necessary to preface a statement of condolence "I'm not an apple fan but..."
cheers to the mods for nuking the odd asshole in the OT thread.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
He was one of the few people of this time who deserved the title "visionary".

Choc

Banned
ok assuming nothing crazy happens in the next 18 hours, it will be front page of Daily Tele and SMH tommorow i reckon

full page

jambo

ClivePwned said:
also- it's not necessary to preface a statement of condolence "I'm not an apple fan but..."

I don't see why not. It shows that even though you weren't a fan of Apple or Jobs himself, you still feel that he had an impact on your life and this world.

Choc

Banned
I think it makes it more poignant. It's like, i didnt like apple but i respected the guy for what he did.

as in i can look beyond my dislike of the product, to realise he was an amazing man

Jintor

Choc said:
ok assuming nothing crazy happens in the next 18 hours, it will be front page of Daily Tele and SMH tommorow i reckon

full page

It's probably going to distract attention away from Occupy WallStreet which apparently is having some shit going down in New York at the moment?

Dunno where I stand on this

Clipper

OK, with my original PS3 getting the YLOD recently, I've been thinking of getting a replacement Slim console to do most of my gaming on and leaving the current one if I ever need PS2 compatibility. The problem has been that I need to get one from the US as that's where I got the first one and I've thus been getting all my Blu-Rays from there.

I think I just found my answer, and others might be interested too:
71GPsH%2BZ9cL._AA1086_.jpg

$300US for a 320GB PS3 including Uncharted 3 and shipping to Australia for $14US or $25US depending if you want USPS Expedited or DHL courier shipping!

It also solves my issue that Amazon isn't shipping Uncharted 3 to Australia in either of its forms. Sure, there's still Play-Asia or buying the PAL version from ozgameshop or something, but I'm just used to buying from Amazon now.

I was going to wait for Black Friday and get a friend that's coming back to Australia for a visit in December to pick something up for me, but now I don't have to trouble anyone, yay!

It's very strange for Amazon to leave a console with the Aussie shipping flag switched on, I don't think I've ever seen it happen before, so if you are interested in picking up a US PS3, this is probably the best way, but be quick as they might lock out Aussie sales soon (although probably not).

Kritz

Banned
Choc said:

full page

Choc, I think this is the crazy thing that happens in the next 18 hours.

Fusebox

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
I'm not buying them just for the sake of watching them. I want them for my box set collection.

Fair enough, I made the mistake of buying too many DVD boxsets that only got watched once and then sold once blu rays came out so I prefer my shows on demand now.

Top Bottom