• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Agyar

Omi said:
tumblr_lsmdwpzMOl1qc0bfgo1_400.jpg

Edit: google little tribute is nice.

Fucking Westboro goons.

trinest

hamchan said:
I'm fine with that. It's the people that go on facebook and twitter to say "Steve Jobs died, who cares?". No one wants to hear it.
I do not sin those who say that, for the simple fact Death is a private manner, there will be no mass furneral when normal people die, there will be no announcements from the presidents about how they where just a great person. Just because he is a public figure he gets special treatment which pushes his death to the public eye and makes it seem important. It is only important to those with a spirital connection to that person, everyone else is just doing lip service.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
trinest said:
I do not sin those who say that, for the simple fact Death is a private manner, there will be no mass furneral when normal people die, there will be no announcements from the presidents about how they where just a great person. Just because he is a public figure he gets special treatment which pushes his death to the public eye and makes it seem important. It is only important to those with a spirital connection to that person, everyone else is just doing lip service.

Posted from my iPhone.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Megadrive said:
First off, Scrubs is awesome. Second off, why? It's not as if it'll gain value.

I already own all the seasons on dvd (albeit in adelaide) and am able to watch them now anyway.. + I Dont have a dvd player ;_;

trinest

VOOK said:
Posted from my iPhone.
I'm not saying he was a bad man, I'm saying that people will ride the fact for as long as possible, they are not moarning they are celieberating the man he was- which is fine but the fact is his family is morning- they don't need this crap from the public.

elfinke

Away from Jobs for one moment, for some blue coloured levity:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/tevez-didnt-refuse-to-play-says-advisor-20111006-1laco.html

Tevez didn't refuse to play said:
Kia Joorabchian, the adviser to Carlos Tevez, attempted to douse the flames of disharmony with Manchester City when he said the striker was a victim of a ’misinterpretation’. ... Joorabchian said other managers have handled similar cases in a more harmonious fashion. ‘‘We have seen Fabregas, Nasri and Modric hand in transfer requests. The situations were handled very differently by their managers and clubs. Cesc had a big problem through the summer and Modric did not play in the first European game when it was reported he did not want to play. Carlos has been unfairly judged and condemned before the case has been looked into. You can criticise Carlos for anything but not his commitment on the pitch. You can never criticise him for not wanting to play. Sometimes he has played for City after having injections and with swollen ankles. He plays when doctors tell him not to play. It is my opinion he is a player who fights to play.’’

Blaming Mancini in this roundabout fashion will not help, Kia.

trinest

Box of Bunnies said:
See, it was funny with the Westboro thing, but I don't see why it matters otherwise. Are you going to personally mourn the passing of the guy who created your toaster?
But the guy who made my toaster was a revolutionary, he invented the electricitiy, before that electricity didn't exist.

(okay I appologise, at this point I have no point and just spouting random shit).

hamchan

trinest said:
I'm not saying he was a bad man, I'm saying that people will ride the fact for as long as possible, they are not moarning they are celieberating the man he was- which is fine but the fact is his family is morning- they don't need this crap from the public.

I don't see all the respect shown towards Steve Jobs can be considered crap, or at least I hope the family doesn't see it this way. Fact is the man has been a pretty big influence on the world; his death is important. Even if people haven't met him personally, they've still been affected by his actions and they want to show it by paying their respects and celebrating what he has done. I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything is crap or disrespectful it would be the "I don't care" people on twitter.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Fergie dodged a bullet.

Yes and no, Fergie would have had the pleasure of Kia while Tevez was at united. Was perhaps smart enough just to see him off.

Kia is a total slimeball of the highest order.

Agyar said:
Fucking Westboro goons.
The fact that they have won several court cases with people sueing them for picketing funerals really sickens me.

Sucks about Jobs, sounds like he lived his life to fullest and really made a difference while he was around

Yagharek

hamchan said:
I don't see all the respect shown towards Steve Jobs can be considered crap, or at least I hope the family doesn't see it this way. Fact is the man has been a pretty big influence on the world; his death is important. Even if people haven't met him personally, they've still been affected by his actions and they want to show it by paying their respects and celebrating what he has done. I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything is crap or disrespectful it would be the "I don't care" people on twitter.

There's nothing wrong with people paying tribute to someone with a high profile.

There is something wrong when low profile good people go unnoticed though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi said:
First world problems?

Yes, Yes it is!

Good to hear that dice are making changes for the retail product of BF3 but i do still find it a little odd that some of these aren't making the beta. Considering the tweet that they had lost 34k pre-orders due to the beta, I figured you might want to try and improve the beta to say "hey, we are listening, this is happening in the beta and in retail as well".

So far it's just been, retail guys, it's in retail, please buy it!

Fredescu

Omi said:
Yes and no, Fergie would have had the pleasure of Kia while Tevez was at united. Was perhaps smart enough just to see him off.
He just had the luxury to try before he bought I guess. A lot of people were saying what a mistake he made letting Tevez go, but it looks like the right decision now.

Choc

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:
See, it was funny with the Westboro thing, but I don't see why it matters otherwise. Are you going to personally mourn the passing of the guy who created your toaster?

When Bill Gates goes it will be the same. Look at the computer you do all your work on today (if you are at work).

The guy changed the world. When you read stories about young girls who have autism being able to learn at school for the first time through a teacher because of an ipad its amazing (aussie story earlier this year).

A toaster does not do things like that, does not have the opportunity to do that. Steve also didn't just make one thing, he made many amazing things starting with the Mac.

imagine a world today without computers? or computers without OSX and windows and the useability of it? how less efficient would we be? significantly.

Like people say. APple shit is not for tech heads, its for those scared of technology. He took the barriers of technology away. The ipad is the perfect 'laptop' for computer illiterate people. All you need is your finger and you're away. No installing software (aside from downloads), no dealing with virus software, no dealing with boot up times or hefty PC's

just this thing in your lap.

Look at what he did to the music industry. He revolutionised it. He made music companies realise that mp3s were an opportunity, not a destructive force and they should use it. Same with film companies and digital downloads.

the app store is amazing. The impact the ios has had on teh games industry the last few years is crazy.

We have returned to a time where someone in their spare time in a basement can make millions of dollars if they have the right idea. That is not possible with PSN and Xbox. Look at Angry Birds, its insanity. Two college students, 1 awesome idea.

Would never have got a look in with PSN and Live.

without the ipod you may not have had all the mp3 players we have today. He took the risk, he took the risk of putting an mp3 player out, it was slammed by the media but sold tons (sounds like ipad huh, remember, the 'giant ipod touch')

he never listened to negative people. He had some mistakes (apple tv mark 1) but overall he changed the tech world forever.

That is why people are sad today. They are not only sad for the passing of the man, but sad for the fact that it is unlikely we will ever see so many revolutionary products from Apple in such a short time or any company for that matter. They are sad that there will not be the surprise and wonderment that steve produced during his presentations. They are sad for the tech industry in general.

That is why it is a sad day.

I present quite regularly in my job. Steve Jobs is my inspiration in how I present my presentations and many other peoples for that matter. Reading the stories behind how he prepared for each product demo was an insightful and amazing read. About how he spent 2 weeks 9-5 prepping and rehearsing. About how to be a successful presenter.

Yagharek

Choc said:
A toaster does not do things like that, does not have the opportunity to do that. Steve also didn't just make one thing, he made many amazing things starting with the Mac..

It's because of toasters that we have sliced bread.

Think on that for a minute.

Greatest invention or greatest invention?

hamchan

Y'know, if the toaster was invented recently so people could talk about it on the internet, and if it had a huge rapid influence on the world like the ipod and the iphone had then yes, we probably would be paying respects to the creator of the toaster.

Yagharek

Choc said:
I present quite regularly in my job. Steve Jobs is my inspiration in how I present my presentations and many other peoples for that matter. Reading the stories behind how he prepared for each product demo was an insightful and amazing read. About how he spent 2 weeks 9-5 prepping and rehearsing. About how to be a successful presenter.

Also this gives me a vision of choc giving a keynote speech before every soccer game he referees at. Probably talking to the players not to carry on like Andrew Bolt or Alan Jones. :p

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
Also this gives me a vision of choc giving a keynote speech before every soccer game he referees at. Probably talking to the players not to carry on like Andrew Bolt or Alan Jones. :p

haha

never works my friend, never works ;)

No, i regularly present to 20-30 people and yearly to 350+

Choc said:
When Bill Gates goes it will be the same. Look at the computer you do all your work on today (if you are at work).

The guy changed the world. When you read stories about young girls who have autism being able to learn at school for the first time through a teacher because of an ipad its amazing (aussie story earlier this year).

A toaster does not do things like that, does not have the opportunity to do that. Steve also didn't just make one thing, he made many amazing things starting with the Mac.

imagine a world today without computers? or computers without OSX and windows and the useability of it? how less efficient would we be? significantly.

Like people say. APple shit is not for tech heads, its for those scared of technology. He took the barriers of technology away. The ipad is the perfect 'laptop' for computer illiterate people. All you need is your finger and you're away. No installing software (aside from downloads), no dealing with virus software, no dealing with boot up times or hefty PC's

just this thing in your lap.

Look at what he did to the music industry. He revolutionised it. He made music companies realise that mp3s were an opportunity, not a destructive force and they should use it. Same with film companies and digital downloads.

the app store is amazing. The impact the ios has had on teh games industry the last few years is crazy.

We have returned to a time where someone in their spare time in a basement can make millions of dollars if they have the right idea. That is not possible with PSN and Xbox. Look at Angry Birds, its insanity. Two college students, 1 awesome idea.

Would never have got a look in with PSN and Live.

without the ipod you may not have had all the mp3 players we have today. He took the risk, he took the risk of putting an mp3 player out, it was slammed by the media but sold tons (sounds like ipad huh, remember, the 'giant ipod touch')

he never listened to negative people. He had some mistakes (apple tv mark 1) but overall he changed the tech world forever.

That is why people are sad today. They are not only sad for the passing of the man, but sad for the fact that it is unlikely we will ever see so many revolutionary products from Apple in such a short time or any company for that matter. They are sad that there will not be the surprise and wonderment that steve produced during his presentations. They are sad for the tech industry in general.

That is why it is a sad day.

*insert Applause Gif*

Salazar

RandomVince said:
It's because of toasters that we have sliced bread.

Think on that for a minute.

Greatest invention or greatest invention?

I've just been listening to Karl Pilkington write off the entire technological output of the 20th century as garbage we don't need.

Vale, Steve.

News Article

IN COMMENTS -

Dave of Melbourne. Posted at 1:33 PM Today
Its a shame that the man who invented the PC and made mobile phones workable has died. Whilst everyone was listening to Walkmans, Jobs was busily inventing MP3 players and iPods. Who knows what he would have come up with next?

elfinke

RandomVince said:

Pre-match speeches never ever work. I can bleat on all day about how I'm lenient and like to let the players and the game flow without interruption, speak of how there will no tolerance of backchat and shirt tugging. Players don't care the instant they're on the wrong side of the whistle/flag or scoreboard.

Still, refereeing is the best seat in the house :D

codswallop said:
I would disagree and say this soon after the news has broken that it's simple trolling.
That's why it's in quotes, 'cause I didn't say it. People who don't care but are posting for the sake of it, or not to look like heartless bastards.

Choc

Banned
elfinke said:
Pre-match speeches never ever work. I can bleat on all day about how I'm lenient and like to let the players and the game flow without interruption, speak of how there will no tolerance of backchat and shirt tugging. Players don't care the instant they're on the wrong side of the whistle/flag or scoreboard.

Still, refereeing is the best seat in the house :D

absolutely. I've seen some of the most amazing goals in my life scored, with the best seat in the house (5m from the action ;) ). Sometimes as a ref you have to hold back the applause, but you really want to.

Yagharek

Salazar said:
I've just been listening to Karl Pilkington write off the entire technological output of the 20th century as garbage we don't need.

Vale, Steve.

Who is karl pilkington and why is he being a fuckwit?

elfinke

Choc said:
absolutely. I've seen some of the most amazing goals in my life scored, with the best seat in the house (5m from the action ;) ). Sometimes as a ref you have to hold back the applause, but you really want to.

Yup. I'm guilty of unsuccessfully hiding a grin behind my notebook, or tying my shoes up after a goal - or a 'nando style miss. At that point you just have to hope you've built enough of a rapport with the players!

DeathJr said:
That's why it's in quotes, 'cause I didn't say it. People who don't care but are posting for the sake of it, or not to look like heartless bastards.
Oh, you were being sarcastic? Didn't actually realise...

Sarcasm works sooo well over the Internet.

Yagharek

Whelp, just found out Im not buying Uncharted 3. Online pass included.

Might buy it second hand when its under $20 if my ps3 is still working then.

jambo

trinest said:

Fuck off. Just fuck right off. When I saw the thread title in the OT I stopped and my jaw dropped. I felt incredibly sad and utterly shocked. Who the fuck are you to say what I do and do not feel?!

DeathJr said:
I'm sarcastic everyday. People think it's bad taste or trolling.
Right, I'm just gonna assume every post from you is sarcasm. Actually I might just assume every post from everyone is sarcasm. It'll make for interesting reading.

Top Bottom