• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor

Okay, note to self: go home and revise all of Admin Law because I do not understand a damn thing that is happening in this class right now and the exam is going to screw me over so hard.

Choc

Banned
Sydney house prices not tanking?

spoiler for renovators

3 out of the 6 made a loss, only one made a profit larger than 15% and given the huge amount of renovation and the state they were in when purchased its one big fail. Sydney market starting to slide

Kritz

Banned
Do any fast food joints sell dr pepper?

I never liked it as a kid but feel like I should give it a second chance now my taste buds aren't rejecting everything.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Boardwalk and dexter for me tonight .Although i still haven't watched the first episode of dexter. Maybe i will wait until it's all completed and keep them for a weekend viewing, not too sure yet.

Also burger king does exist, well it did a few years ago. It's possible they have all been phased out and turned into hungry jacks.

Omikron

Bernbaum said:
Diet Sprite? You and I have differences, son.

More Aussie takeaway places need Dr Pepper on tap.

Reminds me when they trialled another American chain in Tasmanian KFC stores. (think it was called A&W or some such annonymous name), but they had root beer on 'tap'. It was apparently quite good, from those that enjoyed root beer.

I am not a fan. Not a fan at all. Never mind the fact I nearly ate a raw meat pattie while trialling burgers.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
Diet Sprite? You and I have differences, son.

The diet sprite is to allow for the fact I'm having onion rings AND chips. Gotta eat healthy, bro.

See how I skipped dessert as well? Health kick.

Dead Man

BanShunsaku said:
I like you.

By the way, does this really exist anywhere in Australia other than in my dreams?
My local IGA stock Dr Pepper and Cherry Coke cans. Expensive as fuck, but good to have them on hand.
Omi said:
Reminds me when they trialled another American chain in Tasmanian KFC stores. (think it was called A&W or some such annonymous name), but they had root beer on 'tap'. It was apparently quite good, from those that enjoyed root beer.

I am not a fan. Not a fan at all. Never mind the fact I nearly ate a raw meat pattie while trialling burgers.
A&W Root beer is good, far from the best though. Better than anything I have found over here, except the Bundaberg Sarsparilla.

markot

Banned
Kritz said:
Do any fast food joints sell dr pepper?

I never liked it as a kid but feel like I should give it a second chance now my taste buds aren't rejecting everything.
No, the idea with fast food is to attract customers, not scare them!

jambo

Bernbaum said:

oMx7B.gif

to answer various posts on the last page

you can buy iPhone 4S outright from Apple for $799 for 16GB up to $999 for the 64GB.

Rage is good. I'm enjoying it more than Gears 3 (which I liked)

Hungry Jacks is Burger King in Australia. The urban legend has it some guy in Sydney already had Burger King years ago.

EBexpo jokes:

Is JB having it's own trade show that's cheaper to get into? Would EB pricematch?

Is the guy with the douchbag voice who does that instore ads going to MC the event? "To the owner of an extreme Red Commodore with the license plate 251-GFT, you've left your lights on. Awesome!"

If I'm unhappy with my EBExpo experience, can I get a full refund within 7 days?

I'd go to a Zavvi expo, except the wait to get in is several weeks.

Dead Man said:
My local IGA stock Dr Pepper and Cherry Coke cans. Expensive as fuck, but good to have them on hand.

Yeh my local corner shop has these :)

Omi said:

A & W Root beer is amazing.

zu0va.jpg

midonnay

it can't be a coincidence that this also happened for the Spartacus finale....

oh... I think breaking bad is out.... thank god for wireless internet :)

banshuku...checkout oneddl

Fredescu

ClivePwned said:
Hungry Jacks is Burger King in Australia. The urban legend has it some guy in Sydney already had Burger King years ago.
That's not an urban legend, but it was some guy in Adelaide.

Jintor said:
I seem to recall reading a case about Burger King v Burger King back in the day, yes...
That was basically Hungry Jack's vs Burger King wasn't it? That is, the guy that owned the rights to the franchise in Australia vs the parent company in the US. Said parent company opened a bunch of Burger King stores separate to Hungry Jack's, but then lost the case, or lost another case, and the stores all changed back to Hungry Jack's with the original guy running them (or running the franchise).

Bernbaum

markot said:
In a Topsy turvey world where we put top hats on our feet and walk upside down!? Then maybe!
Oporto Chilli Bondi burger shits all over your bland-arse fucking expensive way too crusty Nandos expensive burger.

-

And while we're on it, with the lists and x is better than y and whatnot.

First party exclusives, this generation:

Sony=Nintendo>Microsoft.

Bernbaum

Like most foodstuffs, Grill'd tastes better in Melbourne than it does everywhere else.

Had a Moroccan Lamb burger there on Saturday night. Godly.

Also, Brisbane d. Central Coast 1-0. First half was rough but the Roar look to be in form for another great season.

ClivePwned said:
Yeah the Hungry Jacks guy bought the license a million years ago. A decade or so back Burger King tried to get into the market but totally failed since Hungry Jacks is basically the same thing but directly targeted at Australians. Some closed down and some were sold to the Jacks family.

Rez said:
Grill'd is king.
Grill'd is great but their burgers are way too big. I mean, I can eat the entire thing and will enjoy it, but I really don't need that much food. The wife and I usually share one.

And in Victoria, Nandos is way better than Oporto. The Burwood Nandos (that's closed because of the renovations in that shopping mall) is probably the best one I've been to.

Bernbaum said:
Like most foodstuffs, Grill'd tastes better in Melbourne than it does everywhere else.

Had a Moroccan Lamb burger there on Saturday night. Godly.

Also, Brisbane d. Central Coast 1-0. First half was rough but the Roar look to be in form for another great season.
Hungry in Melbourne cbd, only one place to go: Stalactites. 24/7, their souvlaki's are unmatched.

Rahk

Choc said:
so RAGE

first of all. Ben Kucera could not be more wrong. I played through the section detailed in that review and he left out tons of relevant info such as between those sections you have quite a bit of gunplay and fighting to take care of. In fact in retrospect, his whole review sounds like a massive whinge without back up

However, his words on how teh story is pathetic is true. They need to get script writers badly and some of the dialogue is shameful how rigid and bad it is. The fact the voice delivery is shit does not help either.

The game is moderately ok (how about that! Choc didnt say awesome or shit, i do have middle ground). Travelling between missions in the cars is ok and a nice distraction and the gunplay itself is amazingly fluid and good, but overall teh story just gives you no reason to want to continue or see it to the end.

I can also see why at E3 it demo'd very well. As you well know, E3 demos are vertical slices, slight sections of the game shown to the media to show the best aspects of the game.

Rage in parts, is a 9/10 game. The gunplay itself is very good as i said, and the mission structure isn't bad. It's just as a sum of all its parts its average.

That said, bargain bin or if you are itching for a shooter other than COD its good. Certainly not as bad as Kucera put it anyway.
I can't really comment on the story since I'm
only a few hours in, but what was everyone expecting storywise from an ID game? All I was expecting was an excuse to shoot anything that moves, and it has plenty of that. Does every game need an expertly crafted story to make it good? I never followed the marketing so if they were hyping the story or something, fair enough.

Sure the dialogue isn't great, but I guess that's what happens when you decide on interesting gameplay first and then shoehorn in some motivation for you to get to point B to kill shit. And that's fine by me. Everyone only talks for about 20 seconds to give me a mission and then I'm back in the game. Even with the limited amount of dialogue every character is still unique and charismatic. Much moreso than your typical generic dudebro sequel.

I don't need ten minute conversations with dialogue trees in all my games, and I certainly don't expect it from an ID game. They're not trying to pass this off as anything else other than a game. They even have bullshit Mario Kart power-ups lying all over the place.

You're right, the story doesn't make me want to keep playing, but exploring the world, discovering the variety of things to do, finding out where the next mission will take me, and just shooting things in general do make me want to keep playing.

Hooray for iPhone typing.

Fredescu

codswallop said:
A decade or so back Burger King tried to get into the market but totally failed since Hungry Jacks is basically the same thing but directly targeted at Australians.
Pretty sure their failure was entirely related to a court case or two.

DeathJr said:
Hungry in Melbourne cbd, only one place to go: Stalactites. 24/7, their souvlaki's are unmatched.
But you can't see into the place through all the grease, though. Old workmates at a previous job used to basically eat there every night.

Fredescu said:
Pretty sure their failure was entirely related to a court case or two.
Could well have been. I don't see why the company would try to launch in the first place unless they thought they could get away with it though.

Rahk said:
I don't need ten minute conversations with dialogue trees in all my games, and I certainly don't expect it from an ID game. They're not trying to pass this off as anything else other than a game.
I expect people were expecting id to reinvent the shooter again. Much like they were with Doom 3. But then that worked out well, didn't it?

Gazunta

Urban Burger > all other burgers

CRACKDOWN > all other first party exclusives combined OMG CRACKDOWN

I have decided I am going to make my own game stay tuned

Yagharek

Choc said:
Sydney house prices not tanking?

spoiler for renovators

3 out of the 6 made a loss, only one made a profit larger than 15% and given the huge amount of renovation and the state they were in when purchased its one big fail. Sydney market starting to slide

Do you really think anyone watches reality tv here? :p

Top Bottom