• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Deeku

I just think a nice fitted suit can make the ugliest and most disproportioned looking guy look and feel like a badass. Well, unless the guy is like 300kgs or something.

Jintor

Looks like I was stressing out over nothing, woo

now to worry about assignments and work and writing reference letters for myself

yay

Jintor

DeathJr said:
You meant sexist?

I'm relatively new here. I think Jintor is a girl too....you know, the pony thing, gives doubt to the mind.

It was a joke based on the whole Indian thing you were banging on about a month back.

As for the second part, meet me somewhere

Deeku

Jintor said:
Looks like I was stressing out over nothing, woo

now to worry about assignments and work and writing reference letters for myself

yay
Told ya!

Yeah, assignments suck. I can't believe I had 2 whole weeks of semester break to get on top of shit and I just ended up doing nothing. Now I have a day and a half to shit out a 2000 word essay:( Then I have assignments due on consecutive weeks and tests until wk13.

fml:(

Jintor

jambo said:
As long as it's before your curfew?

Haha... I'm gonna shank you :<

commanderdeek said:
Told ya!

Yeah, assignments suck. I can't believe I had 2 whole weeks of semester break to get on top of shit and I just ended up doing nothing. Now I have a day and a half to shit out a 2000 word essay:( Then I have assignments due on consecutive weeks and tests until wk13.

fml:(

welcome to my life

you at uni today? I'm sitting in the media building being bored and researching.

Deeku

Jintor said:
welcome to my life

you at uni today? I'm sitting in the media building being bored and researching.
Nup, I was up late doing work so I decided to sleep in and not go to class today.

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Nup, I was up late doing work so I decided to sleep in and not go to class today.

Lamesauce. Guess I'll go back to being mildly productive.

Glad I'm taking a gap year. I need a long-term break.

Jintor

Nah, I'm applying now to JET. I'm just taking one next year anyway. Law is hard. If I don't get into JET I'll just work fulltime for a year.

Results won't come in until Feb so whateverrrrr

Deeku

Jintor said:
Nah, I'm applying now to JET. I'm just taking one next year anyway. Law is hard. If I don't get into JET I'll just work fulltime for a year.

Results won't come in until Feb so whateverrrrr
My interest in JET has slowly peaked over the past few weeks for some reason.

Oh and we should totally meet up for lunch or something next Monday during your break since I have a big ass break as well:)
legend166 said:
What is JET?
It's a program to go teach English in Japan for a year.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
COTD has had a few crappy deals lately. Like all the Samsung TVs last week that were factory refurbs and cost more than buying new.

Choc

Banned
so RAGE

first of all. Ben Kucera could not be more wrong. I played through the section detailed in that review and he left out tons of relevant info such as between those sections you have quite a bit of gunplay and fighting to take care of. In fact in retrospect, his whole review sounds like a massive whinge without back up

However, his words on how teh story is pathetic is true. They need to get script writers badly and some of the dialogue is shameful how rigid and bad it is. The fact the voice delivery is shit does not help either.

The game is moderately ok (how about that! Choc didnt say awesome or shit, i do have middle ground). Travelling between missions in the cars is ok and a nice distraction and the gunplay itself is amazingly fluid and good, but overall teh story just gives you no reason to want to continue or see it to the end.

I can also see why at E3 it demo'd very well. As you well know, E3 demos are vertical slices, slight sections of the game shown to the media to show the best aspects of the game.

Rage in parts, is a 9/10 game. The gunplay itself is very good as i said, and the mission structure isn't bad. It's just as a sum of all its parts its average.

That said, bargain bin or if you are itching for a shooter other than COD its good. Certainly not as bad as Kucera put it anyway.

Shaneus

Kerrby said:
That's pretty funny, there's no way iPhones are normally $1000, let alone $900.
What's even funnier is that the 4S, out this week, is exactly the same cost AND with free shipping. Given how long it takes for CotD to send shit, you'd probably get it sometime in November.

Shaneus said:
What's even funnier is that the 4S, out this week, is exactly the same cost AND with free shipping. Given how long it takes for CotD to send shit, you'd probably get it sometime in November.

Why are u hating on COTD?

I have ordered over 10 items from them so far and every single one has arrived in 2-4 working days.

Omikron

evlcookie said:
Just wait for my review omi, it will be outstanding.

Spoilers
I will hate it

Probably could sum up a review something like:

It won't convert new players, but those already caught up in the web of football management simulators aka virtual game spreadsheets. This is the best edition to date.

Shaneus

Marshmellow said:
Why are u hating on COTD?

I have ordered over 10 items from them so far and every single one has arrived in 2-4 working days.
Initially they were okay, but more recently their shipping times have been woeful.

Shaneus said:
Initially they were okay, but more recently their shipping times have been woeful.

Personally have not had a problem. 5 dollar nerf gun i got in those mad sales arrived in 3 days

Just got the $90 2tb hard drive from todays sales for GF

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Probably could sum up a review something like:

It won't convert new players, but those already caught up in the web of football management simulators aka virtual game spreadsheets. This is the best edition to date.

5/5 kritz.net

also, omi i guarantee that is what every review will say.

If I was SEGA pr i wouldn't bother sending it out to mainstream publications. I'd send it to the fansites who would actually notice differences

Omikron

Choc said:
5/5 kritz.net

also, omi i guarantee that is what every review will say.

If I was SEGA pr i wouldn't bother sending it out to mainstream publications. I'd send it to the fansites who would actually notice differences

Yer, most of the important changes with this sort of game are interface wise and in the tiny incremental updates they make to tactics, or formations or training whatever.

Although the big deal with this one appears to be Steam integration. :p

Bernbaum

Show of hands for those who will be in attendance at EB Games' "Pay to look at advertisements" Exhibition?

So far I am aware of the following in attendance:

ME! Bernbaum
Choc
Gazunta
Agyar
deadmeadow88
Fogz

AusGAF Steam chat is awesome:

AusGAF Steam Chat said:
3chopl0x left chat.
Clipper entered chat.
Clipper disconnected.
Clipper entered chat.
Frawdder entered chat.
Fogz disconnected.
Fogz entered chat.
Clipper disconnected.
Clipper entered chat.
Fogz disconnected.
Fogz entered chat.
Clipper disconnected.
Clipper entered chat.
Fogz disconnected.
Clipper disconnected.
Fogz entered chat.
Hamchan left chat.
Clipper entered chat.
Fogz disconnected.
Fogz entered chat.
Clipper disconnected.
Clipper entered chat.
Clipper disconnected.
Clipper entered chat.
AnkhWeasel entered chat.
Clipper disconnected.
Clipper entered chat.

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Show of hands for those who will be in attendance at EB Games' "Pay to look at advertisements" Exhibition?

So far I am aware of the following in attendance:

ME! Bernbaum
Choc
Gazunta
Agyar
deadmeadow88
Fogz

pay? what is this nonsense you speak about ;)

Jintor

DeathJr said:
Ooh internet tough guy? Meet you where, I won't come to any pony conventions..

PS: You don't want to meet me
My fist is bigger than your face :p

"Even the biggest trees are felled at ground level"

*This is a rough translation of the old Dwarven phrase "When his head is higher than your hands, your teeth are level with his groin"

Top Bottom