• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

I win!
train0k3o.jpg

We were on a miniature train by the way. I wasn't trying to eat him.

Shaneus said:
rs: Might be worth you looking into that How to Make It in America. Premise is very Entouragey and definitely has potential (that I can see) after the first episode.
Yeah I looked at that. Will wait for a few more episodes to stack up this time. Dong the same with Boardwalk Empire. Rather watch it all in a weekend with the gf for maximum enjoyment so I can get some more game time in.

How are the 3D glasses Cryptik? Thinking of getting a similar model for the 3D but not sure how much use it would be.

Gazunta

How does AusGAF look in 3D?

If anyone here has practical experience of the HTC Evo 3D, Sensation or Incredible S, I would love to hear what you think of them.

Not for me, for the wife, I'm on the 4S train CHOO CHOOOOOO

Gazunta said:
How does AusGAF look in 3D?

If anyone here has practical experience of the HTC Evo 3D, Sensation or Incredible S, I would love to hear what you think of them.

Not for me, for the wife, I'm on the 4S train CHOO CHOOOOOO
Is she looking to buy outright or go with a particular provider/plan?

The Galaxy S2 has been super smooth and fun on an Optus cap. Currently $49 a month with no MRO.

Rezbit

midonnay said:
don't collingwood already have a marty clarke? o_O

This is the very same. He pissed off for a couple of years back to Ireland. Now he's back and GWS had first dibs, so Pies had to trade to get him again.

Rahk

CryptiK said:
NEW MONITOR!!!! So hard to find this thing in Aus paid a bit of a premium for it though. Samsung havent had spare stock since release..
Let us know how the 3D is on that, since it uses Samsung tech in the monitor and not nVidia 3D stuff.

My nVidia 3D gets pretty bad ghosting in most games.

CryptiK

Rahk said:
Let us know how the 3D is on that, since it uses Samsung tech in the monitor and not nVidia 3D stuff.

My nVidia 3D gets pretty bad ghosting in most games.
The main reason it was purchased was on the basis of 120Hz much smoother for gaming and great for competitive gaming 3D is a bonus and if its anything like my Sammy Plasma conversion it adds nice depth to movies. In general it looks fantastic AND IT IS HUGE! BF3 looked crazy on it the colours were amazing.

midonnay

Rezbit said:
This is the very same. He pissed off for a couple of years back to Ireland. Now he's back and GWS had first dibs, so Pies had to trade to get him again.

wow, didn't know that. No wonder he seemingly disappeared >_>

Rahk

CryptiK said:
The main reason it was purchased was on the basis of 120Hz much smoother for gaming and great for competitive gaming 3D is a bonus and if its anything like my Sammy Plasma conversion it adds nice depth to movies. In general it looks fantastic AND IT IS HUGE! BF3 looked crazy on it the colours were amazing.
Yeah, same. A friend suckered me into buying a 3D kit after a couple months of owning the monitor. I think I just prefer playing with the 120hz in 2D for most games.

Jintor said:
Shan, these JET requirements are long and time consuming ;__;

lol, In a weird way I like filling out forms. They make me excited about going places/ doing things. But my god, there must be a lot of stuff to organise. Are you just filling in the initial stuff?

I'm thinking about applying after I graduate so let me know how it goes!

Deeku

Jintor said:
Shan, these JET requirements are long and time consuming ;__;

Deck, is your avatar on rotation?
I was reading through the crap about it this afternoon, it looks INSANE! Like a billion times harder than getting a grad job. Well maybe not a billion, but significantly more prep work.

And nah, I just haven't found one I'm happy with so I keep changing it:lol Plus I don't think you can do rotating avatars anymore which sucks:(

markot

Banned
CryptiK said:
NEW MONITOR!!!! So hard to find this thing in Aus paid a bit of a premium for it though. Samsung havent had spare stock since release..

cEfGo.jpg

cgCRV.jpg
Ive been thinking about that moniter.

Detailed impressions plzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Jintor said:
Are they beagles? Cuuuuuuuute
Yes, I'll bring them along when we meet. :D

Dead Man said:
Great looking dogs, Jr!

Thanks.

reptilescorpio said:
Wasted opportunity. Should have called her Hibbert.

I don't get it. Plus I didn't get to name her as I got her a few months back, whereas I had Julius since he was a pup.

guidop said:
whos excite for Tin Tin?

Hell yeah, can't wait.

Jintor

shanshan310 said:
lol, In a weird way I like filling out forms. They make me excited about going places/ doing things. But my god, there must be a lot of stuff to organise. Are you just filling in the initial stuff?

I'm thinking about applying after I graduate so let me know how it goes!

Yeah, the police and the health check come later. For now, just self-application, reference letters, and the essay of purpose right now. And organising academic transcripts and a certification of expectation of completion...

CryptiK

Waikis said:
thats the wrong monitor DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL!!! that is a T27A950D doesnt allow you to run at 120Hz due to the lack of DVI port also it has a higher response time and a TV tuner it has been proven in a lot of previews and reviews inferior to S27A950D(actually RARE one).

Set me back $575 could have got it at 508 if I wanted to wait 6 weeks LOL!

OneMoreQuestion said:
Can I play PS3 games on that monitor? :O

In 3D of course...
Sure can with their 3D conversion system even came with Glasses

Waikis

CryptiK said:
thats the wrong monitor DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL!!! that is a T27A950D doesnt allow you to run at 120Hz due to the lack of DVI port also it has a higher response time and a TV tuner it has been proven in a lot of previews and reviews inferior to S27A950D(actually RARE one).

Set me back $575 could have got it at 508 if I wanted to wait 6 weeks LOL!

Mea culpa :(.

jambo

CryptiK said:

DVI -> HDMI cable doesn't work?

Deeku

Jintor said:
Yeah, the police and the health check come later. For now, just self-application, reference letters, and the essay of purpose right now. And organising academic transcripts and a certification of expectation of completion...
I would love to read your essay of purpose when your done;)

WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD !

1am, door bell rings and there's this chick at the door...apparently she's lost, doesn't have any money or credit on her phone, and her battery is dead as well. Claiming she got separated from her friends and took a cab but the cabby dropped her near our house because she didn't have money.

She wanted to use her sim in my phone to get the number of her friend and then call him. I mean how do things like this happen? You don't know where your friends live, don't know their numbers and don't know where you are? She wasn't even drunk. She talked to her friend for 17 minutes from my phone, who was apparently walking down from another train station to meet her where she was.

CryptiK

DeathJr said:
WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD !

1am, door bell rings and there's this chick at the door...apparently she's lost, doesn't have any money or credit on her phone, and her battery is dead as well. Claiming she got separated from her friends and took a cab but the cabby dropped her near our house because she didn't have money.

She wanted to use her sim in my phone to get the number of her friend and then call him. I mean how do things like this happen? You don't know where your friends live, don't know their numbers and don't know where you are? She wasn't even drunk. She talked to her friend for 17 minutes from my phone, who was apparently walking down from another train station to meet her where she was.
Was she hot and did you bone her?

Cohsae

Man I really fucking hate when the stupid sunlight wakes me up at 6am when I don't want to wake up until 9am. Fuck you sun. I really need to invest in some curtains that aren't transparent.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
I win!
[/IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/train0k3o.jpg[/IMG]
We were on a miniature train by the way. I wasn't trying to eat him.

Damn those teeth. He might try and remove part of your nose! :p

My child is much more serious.

309620_10150353824647766_516257765_8158028_1759357225_n.jpg

Top Bottom