• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Gazunta

Tired. Grumpy. Just realised I didn't save any of the changes I made to this document I was working on all yesterday. Ricki Lee's thin. There's no Freddo Frogs in the vending machine. BRB jumping off the balcony.

In other news how much of a nightmarish clusterfuck is it going to be shopping for mobile phones this weekend?

Dead Man

DeathJr said:
Ugh. I despise piercings, especially on the lips and the tongue. Only navel piercings look good to me.
Tongue piercings you never see, and feel great? You despise them? Son, you may have some nice dogs, but you are weird.

Shaneus

Reposting for new page. Want people to tell me how to break street for Forza 4 at JB. I guess I could say I have taken A Simple Plan hostage...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi said:
No wonder you can't talk to train girl.

True but i hate horror shit. I'm a jumper due to loud sounds, not so much things that pop up out of no where, it's just the audio that gets me.

Echoplx

Meanwhile in DeathJr's room..

i7PjUSe4MLEiS.jpg

Dead Man

DeathJr said:
You see a hot girl, then she opens her mouth.
What if you see a hot girl, and she has no piercings, but some other visual thing you don't like, like big nipples or small nipples or no nipples or something. Dealbreaker as well?

Bernbaum

Gunplay in Uncharted 1 hasn't aged all that great. Lots of encounter scenarios where Drake enters an area and BAM dead straight away from a guy you'd never see. Combat lacks 'dynamism' and deters the player from moving around behind cover a whole bunch -you'll find yourself perched in one spot picking off enemies. Also the jet ski sections were always clunky but would be inexcusable in a 2011-release game.

jambo

Pierced nipples means she can take some pain and likes it ;)

Also reposting from last page, where is everyone buying RAGE for PC?

3chopl0x said:
It's got great atmosphere but terrible gunplay, which is a huge problem for me personally.

I don't get this. I love the guns in Metro 2033, the animations make them seem so real and I think they feel great.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jambo, I picked it up from ozgame, shipped on the 7th so i'm guessing it will turn up some stage this week or early next. I'm not in a major rush for it.

Echoplx

jambo said:
I don't get this. I love the guns in Metro 2033, the animations make them seem so real and I think they feel great.
I don't get you, man. They felt like crap to me, completely put me off the game.

This isn't really objective I guess so there's no way for me to say you're wrong but that's just how I feel.

Rahk

jambo said:
Pierced nipples means she can take some pain and likes it ;)

Also reposting from last page, where is everyone buying RAGE for PC?

Got it from UK Steam store.

jambo

Maybe I'm just used to it. I love the STALKER series (although the first has pretty bad gun mechanics) and all those other Eastern European games and Metro is made by ex GSC Game World staffers.

Echoplx

Oddly enough I actually preferred the shooting in the Stalker games over Metro, there's just something really off putting about it to me.

RAGE has god-tier gunplay, you're in for a treat if you end up getting it.

Aon

Have you tried playing that game on Ranger mode? It super buffs up the damage of all of your weapons, as well as the damage you take. I reckon that makes the whole combat dynamic more satisfying.

jambo

Yeah the enemies are a little spongey in normal mode, Ranger sounds awesome.

I stupidly decided to go back to the start of the game when I got my second GTX 570 so I could play the whole thing in high graphics, kinda killed it for me, having to replay hours and hours of the game.

I might play some more tonight...

Jintor

Much like how Delta was the only way to play Crysis, Ranger is the only way to play Metro. You can even adjust the difficulty within Ranger so you really have no excuse.

To celebrate the recent release of Dark Souls, I think I'm going to go home tonight and play some Demon's Souls.

Quick question: I'm going to start a new game and I can't remember much from when I played it, what is the best wiki/guide to use?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Don't use a guide, but do ask for help in the DA thread. The game is about community.

Aon

BanShunsaku said:
To celebrate the recent release of Dark Souls, I think I'm going to go home tonight and play some Demon's Souls.

Quick question: I'm going to start a new game and I can't remember much from when I played it, what is the best wiki/guide to use?

For Demon's Souls it's Wikidot. For some reason it's transferred over to Wikispace for Dark Souls, which I've been editing a bit :D

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark, but I imagine that the two of you decrying Wiki use haven't played a Souls game. Part of the fun is looking up the odd, poorly explained stuff on the Internet and thus feeling some sense of attachment to this fact you looked up. The game's designers have gone on interview saying some mechanics are designed specifically to make people use Wikis and forums.

I don't think anyone uses them for a Point A to Point B walkthrough xD

Gazunta

Mental note, make my game so hard that people will hate playing it and instead work on wikis to help each other survive it, gotcha.

Kritz take note!

Aon said:
For Demon's Souls it's Wikidot. For some reason it's transferred over to Wikispace for Dark Souls, which I've been editing a bit :D

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark, but I imagine that the two of you decrying Wiki use haven't played a Souls game. Part of the fun is looking up the odd, poorly explained stuff on the Internet and thus feeling some sense of attachment to this fact you looked up. The game's designers have gone on interview saying some mechanics are designed specifically to make people use Wikis and forums.

I don't think anyone uses them for a Point A to Point B walkthrough xD

Thanks for that.

I won't be using it as a walkthrough, I just like to have it handy when I need something clarified.

Also, I'll probably be picking up Dark Souls later this week, so playing Demon's Souls again for a bit is more about seeing things I missed the first time I played it.

I remember my first demons souls playthrough...I attacked a npc just to see what happens, that bastard went crazy and wouldn't stop hitting me. I kept on dying because he wouldn't stop hitting me even after reloading the game. My progress was wasted because the game glitched :(

Aon

DeathJr said:
I remember my first demons souls playthrough...I attacked a npc just to see what happens, that bastard went crazy and wouldn't stop hitting me. I kept on dying because he wouldn't stop hitting me even after reloading the game. My progress was wasted because the game glitched :(

That's not a glitch. Once you anger an NPC, they stay angry. At some point you just need to put them out of their misery. I've managed to piss off the game's most convenient blacksmith in Dark Souls, it's the worst xD

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Couriers all have the same joke.

Hand them a small package, Gee that's a bit one, Not sure how I will be able to deliver that.

Get handed a small package, There's a big one for you, Don't hurt your back lifting that one.

etc etc etc

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Deeku

:lol :lol

That is hilarious because that's happened to me a few times. Some DHL guy said the same thing when I gave him a documents envelope.

Must be something in the courier handbook.

Aon said:
That's not a glitch. Once you anger an NPC, they stay angry. At some point you just need to put them out of their misery. I've managed to piss off the game's most convenient blacksmith in Dark Souls, it's the worst xD
I tried, but that old crane just wouldn't die. In fact, while fighting him I managed to hit some other npc's. Gang rape ensued..

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Gazunta said:
Mental note, make my game so hard that people will hate playing it and instead work on wikis to help each other survive it, gotcha.

Kritz take note!
:|

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So whats this wallstreet sit in thing?

The thread on gaf seems massive, and I've been hearing references to it in other threads.. but i've seen no talk of it here in ausgaf, nor on the news sites i visit? whats the jist of it?

HolyCheck said:
So whats this wallstreet sit in thing?

The thread on gaf seems massive, and I've been hearing references to it in other threads.. but i've seen no talk of it here in ausgaf, nor on the news sites i visit? whats the jist of it?
CHANGE!

Also I got bored with Metro. Might come back to it one day.

hamchan

Omg GT5 Spec II out in 3 hours.

Everyone with the game should also remember to play the Vettel seasonal event which instantly gives you the best car in the game and 5,000,000 credits.

Top Bottom