• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Choc said:
oh, you're a girl ? :eek:

i thought you were a guy :) all good :)

also, i buy organic meat sometimes. I always buy free range eggs though, i dont know why

Guys can get 'breast' cancer though...

It isn't really such a big deal, the whole hormone thing is an overblown load of shite basically.

Deeku

Choc said:
oh, you're a girl ? :eek:

i thought you were a guy :) all good :)

also, i buy organic meat sometimes. I always buy free range eggs though, i dont know why
What sutton said. That's just the reason they give me for buying organic chicken.

And yeah, the egg thing is true too.

midonnay

how can you tell the difference between mom and pop free range eggs and the corporate green washing brands?

I don't want to pay 6 bucks for eggs just for extra leg space :/

Choc

Banned
oh right :)

yeah i do think about the chickens. I saw a shocking documentary on battery chickens

and then i started buying free range eggs

middonay, they generally don't taste different but i feel a bit better about buying them and eating them knowing the chicken was not tortured to produce eggs.

also $6, what? my eggs are $4!

Omi said:
BoardAusGAF. Been playing 7 Wonders quite a bit @ work, and I must say, it is a really fucking well designed game. Even going into a new game with my limited set of strategies, I can not at all rely on any of them usually to do any good and it purely comes down to the cards I am dealt as to the strategy I have to / or attempt to use.

Anyone else played?

7 Wonders is on my wishlist at Milsims, I went a bit nuts a couple of months ago and have a couple of boardgames I still haven't cracked open (LOTR card game and Civilization) so I can't really justify buying any more!

All reviews and stuff I've seen on BGG make it sound awesome though, it will probably have to be one of my next purchases.

commanderdeek said:
I'll be eating hormones and get breast cancer.

Oh that explains the daily avatar change. You are the girl in your avatars.

I used to buy free range earlier, but then I realized...what matter if the chicken is caged or free...I'm eating her children and someone is eating her.

midonnay

Choc said:
middonay, they generally don't taste different but i feel a bit better about buying them and eating them knowing the chicken was not tortured to produce eggs.

also $6, what? my eggs are $4!

but how do you know its really free range and not marketing scam?

ie: you hear weasel words like cage free etc.... who the fuck knows

edit: IGA in some stores in perth only sells what they call "free range" eggs and they're expensive. Like 6 bucks.

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
7 Wonders is on my wishlist at Milsims, I went a bit nuts a couple of months ago and have a couple of boardgames I still haven't cracked open (LOTR card game and Civilization) so I can't really justify buying any more!

All reviews and stuff I've seen on BGG make it sound awesome though, it will probably have to be one of my next purchases.

Yeah, it is pretty great so far, pretty much everyone at work likes it as well, which is somewhat of a surprise. So seems like it could be a good game to get others playing.

Civ looks good, but, bit of a time killer :p Wonders is great because we can knock off 2 games in an hour easily, no matter the player count.

Deeku

midonnay said:

edit: IGA in some stores in perth only sells what they call "free range" eggs and they're expensive. Like 6 bucks.
That's basically what I'm always thinking about. Should I be paying a premium for what's supposedly higher quality eggs/meat? I just really don't know.

DualShadow said:
DeathJr fapping to commanderdeek confirmed.
That's nice to know.

Dead Man

midonnay said:

http://www.rspca.org.au/news/eggs-you-can-trust-rspca.html

No RSPCA sticker, no buy for me. Large (700g) eggs are about $5-6 in SA for free range. Funnily enough the cheapest free range I have found is at my butcher who also has free range chicken meat.

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
That's basically what I'm always thinking about. Should I be paying a premium for what's supposedly higher quality eggs/meat? I just really don't know.

That's nice to know.

go to a farmers market then ;)

Omi said:
Yeah, it is pretty great so far, pretty much everyone at work likes it as well, which is somewhat of a surprise. So seems like it could be a good game to get others playing.

Civ looks good, but, bit of a time killer :p Wonders is great because we can knock off 2 games in an hour easily, no matter the player count.

Does it go OK with 2 players? I think I remember reading if you only have 2 players you have to play multiple roles or something.

2 games in an hour sounds good, time is why I haven't had a game of Civ, I haven't even been through all the rules yet. That shit be complex.

Yagharek

I shoot* my own meat. Which is hard to do in suburban perth. Rabbit tastes good, though you have to make sure theyre not twitching due myxamatosis first.

not really, but rabbit is tasty.

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
Does it go OK with 2 players? I think I remember reading if you only have 2 players you have to play multiple roles or something.

2 games in an hour sounds good, time is why I haven't had a game of Civ, I haven't even been through all the rules yet. That shit be complex.

There is a 2 player variant where you somehow control a 3rd sorta bot player (civilisation) or something, but I am yet to try that out at all... I should do that. Maybe when I finally take it home and play a game with the wife.

I've been trying to eat animals that have been kept better, pumped full of fewer hormones and so on. It means the meat I eat is more expensive, but I just couple that with eating smaller portions of it, and fewer times a week.

The tradeoff's been fine and regardless of the supposed effects between the hormones and cancer and whatnot, I feel better that the animals I eat have (hopefully) had a better life than the cheaper ones.

codswallop said:
I've been trying to eat animals that have been kept better, pumped full of fewer hormones and so on. It means the meat I eat is more expensive, but I just couple that with eating smaller portions of it, and fewer times a week.

The tradeoff's been fine and regardless of the supposed effects between the hormones and cancer and whatnot, I feel better that the animals I eat have (hopefully) had a better life than the cheaper ones.

Last year I turned vegetarian for 4 months. I almost starved.

More like, thread is getting awesomer than normal.

RandomVince said:
I shoot* my own meat. Which is hard to do in suburban perth. Rabbit tastes good, though you have to make sure theyre not twitching due myxamatosis first.

not really, but rabbit is tasty.

Never eaten rabbit before. I had a pet rabbit... and then I had about 30 pet rabbits. And then we moved to QLD, where there is a $60,000 fine for owning one. Stupid laws... denying me a fluffy rabbit...

Also found this leaflet from the marine conservation society that simply highlights which fish not to buy. Of course the most expensive are the 'best', but if you want to avoid overfishing, etc, I guess it's the way to go:

http://www.marineconservation.org.au/pdf/AMCS_MiniSeafoodGuide.pdf

DeathJr said:
Last year I turned vegetarian for 4 months. I almost starved.
You're doing it wrong?

That said, vegetables aren't nearly as filling as tasty, tasty meat.

shanshan said:
Never eaten rabbit before. I had a pet rabbit... and then I had about 30 pet rabbits. And then we moved to QLD, where there is a $60,000 fine for owning one. Stupid laws... denying me a fluffy rabbit...

That seems a bit much.

Deeku

codswallop said:

Very much agree with this. I think eating less meat is good too because you start looking for other substitutes such as more fish and veges, which means having a better overall diet.

Yagharek

shanshan310 said:
More like, thread is getting awesomer than normal.

That's a bit weird, I wouldve thought the horse had already bolted so far as wild rabbits goes. Next thing they'll start fining people for keeping pet cane toads.

Choc

Banned
crazy world we live in

people have flooded the public gallaries for question time in parliament screaming about the carbon tax

apparently in a democracy its their right to do thsi so the speaker cant do anything lol

lol government ministers walked out on tony abbots rant

man, crazy

Omikron

Choc said:
crazy world we live in

people have flooded the public gallaries for question time in parliament screaming about the carbon tax

apparently in a democracy its their right to do thsi so the speaker cant do anything lol

Funnily enough, they are bleating about democracy being dead.

Dead Man

codswallop said:

Yeah, I don't mind getting a bit less meat, since it seems to taste better anyway. I have been eating a lot of kangaroo and goat lately. So good.

Top Bottom