• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Yagharek

Witchfinder General said:
The fuck? He's one of the most intelligent journalists around today. Read up on any of the articles he's written for The Drum and you'll see straight away that this is a well learned man.

Besides, he introduced the word "internecine" into my vocabulary and it's a word I use often.

Some of his Drum articles have some of the most specious reasoning and logical fallacies Ive ever seen from a 'professional journalist'.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I just watched Chris Uhlman's report on 7.30 this evening on iView (stupid work making me come home late) and I can't fathom anyone having a bone to pick with him. It's bizarre.

Now, to the Hamster Wheel. I though tonight's episode was hilarious as usual but felt it lacked the focus of last week's, having less excoriating bits on the media and more all-purpose Chaser schtick. Not bad, but the Chaser boys are better when they hone in on a particular subject (CNNNN and Yes we Canberra as an example) than attempting regular comedy skits that can be hit or miss.

The political news of the week as told by youtube cats however had me crying tears of laughter.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
RandomVince said:
Some of his Drum articles have some of the most specious reasoning and logical fallacies Ive ever seen from a 'professional journalist'.

Point them out. He leans less to the left than Kerry does but he's hardly an arch-conservative as some of his detractors try to paint him as. I disagree with him on points (processing of asylum seekers being one) but even when I disagree I acknowledge he makes his arguments with logic and concision.

Cohsae

Reposting this from last week because it got lost in a million posts about Sizzler's that serve Kookas or some such.

"Yeah I thought it was decent, but really the whole time I watched it I just wished I was watching a new series of Charlie Brooker's Newswipe. Similar issues raised in both, but Newswipe was less about being funny (not that there's anything wrong with that) and more about really probing into how the news machine works. God I want more Newswipe."

So basically, anyone who hasn't watched Charlie Brooker's Newswipe needs to get on that shit.

Kerrby

Banned
markot said:
They come off as smug. Also I am sick of their antics. Also I feel they are passe.

Even though that's your opinion, I'm still going to say trolling.

That's what you fuckers do to me and DJR

Cohsae said:
Reposting this from last week because it got lost in a million posts about Sizzler's that serve Kookas or some such.
Wait.
Wait.
What.
Do they like, let you mix them in with ice cream and mousse and shit?
Also where is the closest Sizzler to Warrnambool that is open this time of night please.
[insert appropriate airplane sunset picture here]

A great idea that's unfortunately only reality in Cohsae's mind.

And I liked The Hamster Wheel this week. I can't remember any of it but I laughed at it.

And I had not heard of this newswipe until Cohsae's post last time.

And I like putting and at the start of my sentences.

And spaces.

And.

Cohsae

reptilescorpio said:
Wait.
Wait.
What.
Do they like, let you mix them in with ice cream and mousse and shit?
Also where is the closest Sizzler to Warrnambool that is open this time of night please.
[insert appropriate airplane sunset picture here]

Ha sorry to get your hopes up, I was blending together several conversations that seemed to be going on at the time. But I'm sure you could sneak in your own Kookas/preferred snack and go to town.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
You are right. Dromopods can't help themselves when it comes to expressing their opinion. Always one more item of discussion on the tip of their tongue.

it's because they're untrustworthy arachnids

they're arachnids right?

i think scorpions are arachnids

Jintor said:
it's because they're untrustworthy arachnids

they're arachnids right?

i think scorpions are arachnids
I think some other pony is pulling your tail dude. Arachnids are notoriously down the line and truthful about everything, for better or worse. Like an elephant and memory, but with truthiness. Like for instance it isn't a nice thing to admit but orange and white really aren't your colours. Sure, you were born that way, but anyone can walk into a pony salon and get fixed up in a jiffy. You will thank me for it.

Also arachnids are arseholes.

Jintor said:
truthiness =/= truth

you confusing scorpion bastard
Hey! My mother and father were married before I came along! Well, and then she ate him. But my 31st brother born 14 seconds before me made a great role model anyway.

I'm having so much fun right now.

This jackass was calling up my sister and harassing her for the past few days. I was trying to figure out a way to trace his number and get his details, but then a friend suggested that I pass on his number to all my contacts and ask them to annoy that bastard with blank calls, abuses and messages.

It's been going on for the past 4 hours, that guy is mindfucked and does not know what to do. Revenge iss sweet. Oh and all this is happening in India btw...not here.

evlcookie said:
My left ear seems slightly deaf today, Guess i need to lay off the music.
Yeah I've got a buzzing in both years today. Hopefully it is related to the ear drops I put in late last night.
Now the big question is, Zinger burger for breakfast. Yay or nay?

Damnit. Back in 2005 I got a Madman hoody for like $35 and it was awesome and light weight but still warm and was perfect for chucking on around the house quickly just to take the chill off. Kind of like a mans cardigan if you will.
465665.jpg

At some point during my gf's pregnancy I let her wear it and ever since we haven't been able to find it (several pieces of clothing went missing with her forgetful mind during this time, at least my AssCreed top showed up). Now it seems they went out of production in 2007 and replaced with inverse logos and it doesn't look as comfortable and costs $65. Before postage. Fuck that.
Anyone else have experiences where a vital piece of clothing has been lost/destroyed and cannot be replaced? Am I the only one still upset about this nearly 18 months down the track?

Omi said:
@reptile. No. just. No.
I'm a rebelious youth so I will take that as a yes.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I once owned a nice thin jacket/ jumper that had patches on it, we called it patches.

I wore it all the time it was just so comfy.

Lost it at the exeter in adelaide after a night of drinking, was a bit sad for a few days kept calling up the exeter to see if it had been turned in :(

midonnay

well played Queensland Labor Party...

leak dirt about Campbell Newman, then when he complains about dirty tactics....

leak the LNP's dirt file compiled by a former labor staffer (who probably was a double agent)...

left right bam!!!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn the OP in the iOS 5 thread removed the mirror link. I was going to download that while at work, Save me some bw at home :D

Found another mirror that links to apple's file. Yay

Only an hour left for the Frozen Synapse bundle, chaps. Who wouldn't want a thoughtful turn-based shooter for whatever-you-want-to-pay? </reptilescorpio-pimping>

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh crap. Looks like the distro for the HP microserver has removed the older model and put up the newer one for $399ex and 99 days.

I'm guessing that's not a realistic price and date but boo.

Gazunta

Deciding between upgrading my 3GS to iOS 5 or just waiting until I get my 4S and jailbreaking my 3GS instead, basically just turning it into a portable C64. Hrm.

DAAAAAAYTOOOOOOONAAAAAAAA

Did anyone else get their email from MS this morning with a free month of LIVE for being one of the first 10,000 in AU to join the rewards program? My email appeared in the 'bulk' folder of my Gmail.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Deciding between upgrading my 3GS to iOS 5 or just waiting until I get my 4S and jailbreaking my 3GS instead, basically just turning it into a portable C64. Hrm.

DAAAAAAYTOOOOOOONAAAAAAAA

Did anyone else get their email from MS this morning with a free month of LIVE for being one of the first 10,000 in AU to join the rewards program? My email appeared in the 'bulk' folder of my Gmail.
Word on the street is you should probably hold off on upgrading to iOS5. At least, it seems like a lot of people are having problems.

I was so excited for it too :(

Top Bottom