• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor said:
Wonderful, I've forgotten the password to get into my router

I can factory reset the router but it screws up all my net settings

I have a backup config file for my router but it resets the admin password to whatever it was that I set it to

so I can either have working internet and no access to the admin panel, or access to the admin panel and no working internet...

If you never changed the password, by default it would be 'admin.

If you did, resetting the router will change the password back to 'admin'.

Darklord said:
Why is dark souls so popular? I still can't find this shit. I didn't want to order online because of having to wait but everywhere is sold out. I went to JB in the city. They said they've been getting like 50 copies every day or two and the day they get them, they all sell out. Madness.
Ebgames down here has 4-5 copies of the LE for both consoles and kmart has a few.
Maybe they are trying to pretend stock is short so you order it in at full price?

Clipper

Jintor said:
Wonderful, I've forgotten the password to get into my router

I can factory reset the router but it screws up all my net settings

I have a backup config file for my router but it resets the admin password to whatever it was that I set it to

so I can either have working internet and no access to the admin panel, or access to the admin panel and no working internet...
Open the backup config file in a text viewer like Wordpad. You'll probably see the password there in plain text. They usually aren't encrypted.

Jintor

DeathJr said:
If you never changed the password, by default it would be 'admin.

If you did, resetting the router will change the password back to 'admin'.

Yes, I know, that's why I can get back into the router when it's factory reset. But I don't know the correct internet settings I had up, so if I have admin/admin access to the router, I don't have access to the net...

Clipper said:
Open the backup config file in a text viewer like Wordpad. You'll probably see the password there in plain text. They usually aren't encrypted.

It's encrypted. (Tested this by generating a new backup file with a known password and it didn't return it in plain text)

Clipper

Jintor said:
It's encrypted. (Tested this by generating a new backup file with a known password and it didn't return it in plain text)
Perhaps search for the username instead. The password would be the next entry. You might find they just use a ROT13 cipher or something easy to decrypt.

Darklord

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Ebgames down here has 4-5 copies of the LE for both consoles and kmart has a few.
Maybe they are trying to pretend stock is short so you order it in at full price?

Nope. The other day I checked EB they had a pre-order list on their next stock. HN didn't have it. Gametraders didn't either. All sold out.

Jintor said:
Yes, I know, that's why I can get back into the router when it's factory reset. But I don't know the correct internet settings I had up, so if I have admin/admin access to the router, I don't have access to the net...

Login with 'user' (password user), note the settings and then reset it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
reptilescorpio said:
Google and the Dolphin thread is your friend. Runs pretty well even on PC's that can't max out other games. The wiki has some good tips and the tinkering will depend on your PC. I don't think it will be much issue as it ran great for me pretty much straight away. Here is a thread at EmuForums that might help too.

Cool. I played through Twilight Princess, and have been toying around with Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I'd love to give Xenoblade another run. I think I shall organise that over the weekend.

Jintor

Ripped Xenoblade via CleanRip but it's just completely black on this screen :<

I'll try using the USB Loader and see if that works out better...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I like concerts, I don't like drug filled began fests of which the majority of the attendees of these music festivals are.

Guess I'm just getting old.

Bernbaum

VOOK said:
I like concerts, I don't like drug filled began fests of which the majority of the attendees of these music festivals are.

Guess I'm just getting old.
Nah, that used to shit me when I was in my teens.

BDO is easily the worst contender. Thousands of people would show up with minimal regard for the billing and see the day as just a big piss-up. We'd still enjoy ourselves despite the bogans.

Kerrby

Banned
shanshan310 said:
AWESOME.

Now the big decision: big day out or soundwave...

Soundwave if you like big headliner acts that are mostly rock/metal.

Big Day Out if you like Kayne West and smaller unknown bands.

Most people are going to Soundwave.

Also how do you people get to sleep, it's 2:30am and I can't sleep :/.

Got my BDO ticket aswell, this week is not good for my bank account.

ALSO

Ausgaffers heading to eb expo this weekend...
I'll be there in a gaf shirt, both days.
Come and make yourself known if you see me!

hamchan

Jintor said:
PHOENIX WRIGHT MVC3 TRAILER HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Heh, I was one of those guys that wanted, nay, DEMANDED Phoenix Wright in the original MvC3 only to get shut down by a bunch of people claiming it was too hard to make up a moveset for him. Well those people now look fucking stupid don't they?

Tntnnbltn

Wait wait wait...

Amazon.co.uk does free shipping to Australia AND the prices are 20% cheaper than listed because of no VAT?

The knew about the former, but the latter just blew my mind.

evlcookie said:
With summer arriving what's everyone's favourite deo?

I totally need something new and awesome.
450x409-alg_ronnie_james_dio.jpg

RIP :(

Rexona Men anti persperant. The Original and Essentials ones smell fine and do the job great. On special for $4 at the moment at Coles I think.

Rahk

sQKQdl.jpg

Sydney Apple store. Employees were clapping in unison or something...

The line looked like it went around the block, but I had no time to follow it.

Darklord said:
They only have the PS3 version on their site.

Are you in Sydney? I picked up a LE copy from Moore Park Supacentre JB a couple of days ago and they had 4 or 5 copies on both platforms.

Pro tip for SydGAF: If you are looking for something that is sold out everywhere, try Moore Park JB. No one really goes there during the week so they tend to not sell out of stuff quickly.

Omi said:
The clapping thing really gives me the shits, like some self indulgent love in on joining a special club.
Basically the Apple effect. Reminds me of hippies. Or Scientologists, I'm not sure. If I didn't have a decent phone and didn't care about the closed system I would probably be really happy to pick up a 4S, wouldn't mind picking up some of the iOS exclusive games too.

Triple J is running Slap Bass Friday. Fuck yes. Makes me want to run home and continue to suck balls at playing slap.

Tinkered with Chrome enough that I can now browse GAF at work. Hurray!

Kritz

Banned
JAMBO,

STREEETFIGHTERSSSFSFSFSSSFFFFFSSFFFFFOOUUUUUURRRRRR4444444444444444

er

MINECRAFT 1.9 BETA PRE-RELEASE FFFOUUUUUUURRRRRRRR4444444

Shaneus

Apple fanboys. Seriously?

Ladies and gentlemen, an insight into the shit my mind comes up with on a Friday morning (on Twitter/FB):
some moron said:
OH SHIT. Best idea for a TV show/band x-over. Orphaned girl dresses up as robot and makes dance music. Daft Punky Brewster.

RandomVince said:
Ugh. Batman has online pass. More time for other games then.
Isn't it only an online pass to play as Catwoman or somesuch? You can complete the whole game without it? Or is it multiplayer as well?

Top Bottom