• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Quiet day on AusGAF. Very nice.

Little Big Adventure on GOG for $6! Love this game.

Found out today that those booze discount coupons in the Herald Sun every Wednesday get price matched at the Dan's here in Warrnambool. Missed out on a $30 slab of Asahi though since the warehouse in Melbourne ran out. NEXT WEEK THOUGH.

fffffffffffffff Arkham City has leaked on consoles but we still have to wait another month? Stop treating PC gamers like step children! We have rights too!

Uploaded some SotD soundtrack to Youtube to share Win Movie Maker to Youtube is really easy.
Castle Of Hassle
Take Me To Hell (Broken Dreams)
Til Death Do Us Part
So good.

Omi said:
Memoir '44 now free to play on steam. Board games on my pc. Hurrah.
Worth the download? Is it freemium for fun? MP focused?

codswallop said:
Only an hour left for the Frozen Synapse bundle, chaps. Who wouldn't want a thoughtful turn-based shooter for whatever-you-want-to-pay? </reptilescorpio-pimping>
On that note I have a FREE code for anyone that wants it! Frozen Synapse! Great game! Free!

Gazunta said:
Did anyone else get their email from MS this morning with a free month of LIVE for being one of the first 10,000 in AU to join the rewards program? My email appeared in the 'bulk' folder of my Gmail.
Yup. I got the email yesterday saying I had accumulated 20 reward points. Free month is nice though! Means I can still be on Gold when I take my credit card off their records next August. Damn cheap Reach deal! Never did get that avatar helmet.

DeathJr said:
PSN was attacked again, thousands of accounts affected.
Slowpoke. Also they emailed anyone who had their account hacked. No credit card information taken.

Omi said:
Also, people on my twitter feed are whinging that the iOS5 updates breaks their phone. Never trust the first 'official' build of an OS. Ever.
You would have thought that people would have had that burned into their mind after Vista. Actually, did Apple have an equivalent release? No idea about buggy MacOS releases, or the releases at all.

Choc said:
why the fuck is dead rising 2 off the record not on stema in australia?
$24 from Lord OzGameShop.

Choc said:
oh look i decided to start a blog
You better update the damn thing more often than your twitter! Biggest anti-climax of the year. I need some chocrage in my life.

roosters93 said:
Why we still got rocks?
Yeah I thought they were meant to turn into diamonds or some shit? Taking forever. Lazy rocks. Least they can do is get a bit spongier. Hurts like hell when they slap me around. I think they do it on purpose because you can't charge a rock with assault. I tried. The policeman put his hands on his hips and shook his head at me. Rude.

ClivePwned said:
so Anders Breivik to write a Modern Warfare 3 review?
More like Michael Bay or Matthew Reilly. I would read it. Everyone knows what the damn game will be like anyway.

legend166 said:
If it means less tourists in Melbourne when I am trying to get around good. Place is a hotbed of activity. A disgusting hotbed. That reminds me, how awesome are electric blankets! Could not live in Warrnambool without it. Not only does it keep the cold away but it helps loosen up my back which makes a nights sleep even more energizing.

Shaneus said:
Don't get too excited. The "prize" is only a badge that says "I'm #1" and a gift voucher for The Body Shop.
Is it good for 'One free date with a The Body Shop babe'? If so where is my damn voucher you racist.

Gazunta said:
qTirj.jpg
Ah the joy of video games.

Omi said:
Sounds like the government may be moving to onshore processing. Couple good days in politics.
Logic somehow prevails. Shouldn't have taken this long though. Still time for them to have a brain fart and try and send all the refugees to fight in the Congo or something.

Bernbaum said:
eUiGj.jpg

Double dipped frozen banana with everything on it. It requires two sticks to support the extra chocolate and nuts.

legend166

Backlash is going to be immense, though.

At this point I get the feeling Labor know they have no chance whatsoever at the next election and are just pushing things through.

Choc

Banned
good old biased the aus

fuckwits

Like people who hvae a brain say, australia will vote tony in, wake up the next day and go oh fuck.

you think things are bad now? wait till Tony gets in brings back workchoices (will use Qantas strike as excuse to do so) and slash education, health everything budgets just to have a surprlus to prove he can do it

a surplus which causes social disarray is not a surplus its a fucking disgrace. You need to maintain some level of social responsibility, if you manage to surplus providing health and education good. If not like howard did fuck you

THe reason why this country is fucked right now infrastructure wise is john howard and his failure to invest in the country and just producing surplus after surplus. We don't want that again, else it will get 100x worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTJUYv05hVU#!

What the hell? Looks like it was made by a completely different studio. The direction compared to ME1 is nothing alike. I always thought that the ME series was like a 3 part epic. Rather than change it up so much I would have preferred them to polish the shit out of the great mechanics they introduced in ME1. This is coming from someone who loved the hell out of ME2 as well. Since the series is profitable I would expect EA has told them they want a few more ME games so it would have been nice to see co-op developed into a spinoff title devoted to the idea.

Rezbit

reptilescorpio said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTJUYv05hVU#!

What the hell? Looks like it was made by a completely different studio. The direction compared to ME1 is nothing alike. I always thought that the ME series was like a 3 part epic. Rather than change it up so much I would have preferred them to polish the shit out of the great mechanics they introduced in ME1. This is coming from someone who loved the hell out of ME2 as well. Since the series is profitable I would expect EA has told them they want a few more ME games so it would have been nice to see co-op developed into a spinoff title devoted to the idea.

The MP is made by a different Bioware studio. Totally agree with you about ME. Loved the "vibe" of ME1, as hard to quantify as that is. Still loved the improved dialogue and gunplay of ME2, but the overall story and lack of any RPGness was poor. I think it's clear that ME has become popular with the "dudebro" crowd, and will soon descend into full CoD dudebroality.

I mean a fucking turret section in ME3. C'mon.

Rezbit said:
The MP is made by a different Bioware studio.
They talk about the co-op being a part of the single player experience though which really doesn't sit well with me since 2/3 parts of the story was done solo with AI. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do. Finish off Shepards story properly with the focus on an epic story about one man bringing together everyone to save all of existence. Would have preferred to pickup a co-op title in 6-12 months time that focussed on it properly, like Mass Effect: Krogan War or something.

Bought 2x 1500 MS point cards. Arrive home to find that the 360 has decided it doesn't want to connect to my router anymore even though the PS3 is connecting fine. Thanks 360.

Dead Man

midonnay said:
What bothers me is the Liberals response to it:
http://abc.com.au/news/2011-10-13/immigration-turn/3569858
The Federal Opposition has accused the Government of "cowardice" for apparently trying to dump its controversial Migration Act amendments after it became clear they would be defeated in the House of Representatives.

Ugh.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how hopelessly addicted to Dark Souls I am right now. Having a housemate who both plays and watches the game as well is really unhealthy, it's a recursive loop of enabling.

Clipper

Woo! E-mails to Amazon seem to have failed, but I figured out on my own how to make it always link to the merchant you want rather than the page automatically switching to the merchant with the cheapest current price with it in stock. If anybody else was having trouble accessing those cheap import PS3 deals, here's some unbreakable links:

US$299 320GB Uncharted 3 bundle.
US$249 160GB console only.

Both still have the US$14 shipping to Australia (US$25 for courier delivery) and shipping of extra items is only a few dollars more per item if you want games and/or Blu-Rays in the same purchase.

Amazon is working fine for me now. Its PS3 buying time~!

DeathJr said:
I wish I was a refugee.

aww come on, what else are we supposed to do? Set them free in the country with no English skills, money or housing? That would cause way more problems...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jintor said:
You know what? After I finish double-checking my assignment, I think I'll try and set up Dolphin.

You too can be cool like me. I'm cool!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
reptilescorpio said:
Xenoblade dude. Xenoblade. So good. Can't wait to pick up The Last Story too.

Speaking of, do I need to do anything special to get that sucker running in Dolphin? I've already finished it on my Wii, but I figure a 1080p playthrough is in order.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
EatChildren said:
Speaking of, do I need to do anything special to get that sucker running in Dolphin? I've already finished it on my Wii, but I figure a 1080p playthrough is in order.

How did you get past all the boring?

EatChildren said:
Google and the Dolphin thread is your friend. Runs pretty well even on PC's that can't max out other games. The wiki has some good tips and the tinkering will depend on your PC. I don't think it will be much issue as it ran great for me pretty much straight away. Here is a thread at EmuForums that might help too.

HolyCheck said:
How did you get past all the boring?
qg1cl.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Maybe if the quests actually told me where to go or pointed arrows. ffs I dont want to run around for an hour to find a zebra a space the size of adelaide.

Watching Scott Morrison on the 7:30 report. What a smug, weasel-wording bastard.

edit: shitttt
Some chick called cas Coleman just said there's no evidence that community care models for refugees create a pull factor increasing the refugee arrivals for the countries that have implemented them.

So a picture of Trent Reznor in his studio doing the business for Dragon Tattoo led to a website being found. At this website is a moody tune playing over the thrawing of a picture of an office building at Katarinavägen 15, Stockholm. Otherwise know as the DICE headquarters. This can only mean one thing.
TRENT REZNOR IS DOING THE SOUND TRACK FOR MIRRORS EDGE 2.
There can be no mistaking this.

Shaneus

Oh shit... ultimate irony (or something). E66 error with FM4, looks like when I got this 360 off a friend the firmware wasn't quite as stock as I expected. Bugger.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
So a picture of Trent Reznor in his studio doing the business for Dragon Tattoo led to a website being found. At this website is a moody tune playing over the thrawing of a picture of an office building at Katarinavägen 15, Stockholm. Otherwise know as the DICE headquarters. This can only mean one thing.

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

Darklord

Banned
markot said:
Naaru would be illegal too I think.

But who cares, off shore is stupid and dumb.

It worked before and a lot better than Malaysia would ever be. They just refuse to do it because John Howard first did it.

Agyar

Darklord said:
It worked before and a lot better than Malaysia would ever be. They just refuse to do it because John Howard first did it.

Sure it worked, if you think violating the United Nations Human Rights Convention we signed by detaining refugees on tiny pacific islands for years is a goal worthy of a big chunk of the foreign aid budget.

guidop

Darklord said:

I'm pretty sure all off shore has been deemed illegal now. Tony Abbott will have to pass similar laws if he wants to process refugees on nauru. Blocking this law had nothing to do with actually doing what they both think is right(aka is wrong) or getting a good(aka bad) outcome in their eyes, it was all political point scoring.

Ydahs

Beautiful weather today in Melbourne. Much better than the last couple of days.

Tomorrow's 25. Yay :)

*stays home all day*

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
What what what?! All over my face, my body is ready etc. I didn't even like ME, but a Reznor soundtrack is always awesome. Quake was brilliant.

Edit: What?

background2

Edit2: It is just a still from the film, you twat. Got me all excited and everything. *grrr*

Dead Man said:
Edit2: It is just a still from the film, you twat. Got me all excited and everything. *grrr*
Teehee. I remember hearing a rumour that he was doing Doom 4 a while back. Considering he did Doom 3 and he has a lot more spare time these days I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
Teehee. I remember hearing a rumour that he was doing Doom 4 a while back. Considering he did Doom 3 and he has a lot more spare time these days I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
You need something constructive to do. Go buy me some cookies or something! :p

SAMSUNG has today unseated Apple as Australia's leading provider of smartphones.

Figures released by market research firm GfK data show Samsung Electronics Australia became the country’s leading smartphone and overall mobile phone manufacturer by unit sales for the month of August.

...and just last week they were saying that Australians prefer iphone?

Jintor

Wonderful, I've forgotten the password to get into my router

I can factory reset the router but it screws up all my net settings

I have a backup config file for my router but it resets the admin password to whatever it was that I set it to

so I can either have working internet and no access to the admin panel, or access to the admin panel and no working internet...

Darklord

Banned
Why is dark souls so popular? I still can't find this shit. I didn't want to order online because of having to wait but everywhere is sold out. I went to JB in the city. They said they've been getting like 50 copies every day or two and the day they get them, they all sell out. Madness.

Top Bottom