• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

RandomVince said:
Ugh. Batman has online pass. More time for other games then.
Locking off highly advertised single player content that is a main part of the story is bullshit. I can understand and tolerate locking off the MP part since that costs the publisher money to run or locking off costumes/bonus material or future developed DLC. Locking off something you have advertised (like Gears 3 with the weapon skins that ended up being paid for DLC even though Epic had been showing them off) is fucking rude.

At least make up a bullshit excuse for reaming consumers up the arse. Like Ass Creed 2 had some major part of the game left out and released as DLC down the track. For all we know it was completed along with the rest of the game but since Ubi said it was done after and it came out after we have to take them at their word (plus it was priced really well thankfully).

Bioshock 2 even had the balls to charge $15 for a MP map pack that was ON the bloody disc.

Darklord said:
Co-op missions aren't really shoehorning in multiplayer.
I thought it was part of the campaign?

Darklord said:
Co-op missions aren't really shoehorning in multiplayer.
Are they a core part of the game? If so, why did they wait until the third in the series to implement it? If they're not a core part of the game, why are they necessary at all?

Yagharek

I would never trust ubi at their word.

I'm finding skipping on online passes is a great money saver. No uncharted 3, no batman = more time for Zelda and xenoblade. Probably far better games too.

Darklord

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
I thought it was part of the campaign?

It just goes towards a stat that determines the ending. Galactic readiness points or something. Like earning money and bringing it to single player.

codswallop said:
Are they a core part of the game? If so, why did they wait until the third in the series to implement it? If they're not a core part of the game, why are they necessary at all?

They claim they had it planned since ME1 but didn't fit properly until now.

No Uncharted 3? Madness.

Darklord said:
It just goes towards a stat that determines the ending. Galactic readiness points or something. Like earning money and bringing it to single player.
Ah kind of like those tie in Facebook games. Kind of cool. Will leave me at a disadvantage though since I rarely go online on my 360.

Darklord said:
They claim they had it planned since ME1 but didn't fit properly until now.
I don't believe that for a second. Disappointing to see Bioware spout such crap recently to defend Dragon Age 2 and now this. For all I know, the co-op might be great and I may enjoy the hell out of it. Doesn't mean I think it belongs in Mass Effect at all. I bet this and the Kinect voice support are the two reasons for the delay, as well.

Darklord said:
It just goes towards a stat that determines the ending..
So now I have to play co-op in a single player franchise to see the super-duper ending? Screw you, Bioware, seriously. You're really starting to piss me off recently.

Yagharek

Vire said:
oAGkE.gif

So true.

Darklord

Banned
codswallop said:
So now I have to play co-op in a single player franchise to see the super-duper ending? Screw you, Bioware, seriously. You're really starting to piss me off recently.

No, you can still reach that readiness level in single player. Co-op just makes it easier to reach.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
No Uncharted 3? Madness.

Ah kind of like those tie in Facebook games. Kind of cool. Will leave me at a disadvantage though since I rarely go online on my 360.

I'll cope. As stated, heaps of other great games that don't treat the customers like mugs or thieves.

Darklord said:
No, you can still reach that readiness level in single player. Co-op just makes it easier to reach.
Ahh, that's not so bad then. I do enjoy co-op but I don't see the point of it in Mass Effect...

DeathJr said:
I don't mind the coop in mass effect, as long as it's separate content, and not part of the main campaign. I'm pretty sure bioware will introduce MP in dragon age 3 too.
I just don't see the point. But then, I'm still trying to fool myself that it's an RPG and not a shooter/Gears ripoff with conversational elements.

Cohsae said:
"A cure for Australia"
Fuck the TF2 writers crack me up.
Self hating Aussies. Actually how long has Walker been in the USA now? At what point can you take dual citizenship and start bad mouthing your old country?

If the guy really loved us he would move down here and open up Valve Deep South so I can stalk them more easily.

jambo

DeathJr said:
He can't hear you, he's waiting in line at the apple store.

Yeah, that's totally still funny. Oh wait, it wasn't funny in the first place. I'm getting a bleeding Android or WP7 next year you pillock.

reptilescorpio said:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/rockstarwarehouse_2181_354391[IMG]
Oh god. Want so much. [URL="http://rockstarwarehouse.stores.yahoo.net/grthauiii10a.html"]$150 + postage[/URL] is a bit much though. GTA3 is one of my favourite games of all time.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for GTA III on iOS!

Choc

Banned
maybe you might want that 4s after all

GTA III will be released on the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S. That’s it. If you’ve got an iPhone 4, then it looks like you are out of luck.

Choc said:

GTA III will be released on the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S. That’s it. If you’ve got an iPhone 4, then it looks like you are out of luck.
Would be horrible to play without dual sticks. It has aged really badly, control wise.
The story and atmosphere still hold up but damn, the targeting and control system is horrible by current standards. You tried playing Chinatown Wars on phones? Even that is pretty horrible.

jambo

Choc said:

Good thing I have an iPad 2 then.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
Self hating Aussies. Actually how long has Walker been in the USA now? At what point can you take dual citizenship and start bad mouthing your old country?

If the guy really loved us he would move down here and open up Valve Deep South so I can stalk them more easily.
I think you may have missed the part where it was a joke. Or maybe you didn't?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I got no notification that I had an SMS while my phone was on the speaker dock.

This new notification system does not work mr apple.

Rahk said:
I think you may have missed the part where it was a joke. Or maybe you didn't?
Didn't miss. The style of humour is par for the course with tf2. It really is nice to see Australia being used in such a fun manner though, wonder how much shit Wolpaw gives Robin around the office about being an Aussie.
Actually, now that I think of it, a P&C adventure by Valve would be pretty much a cream dream for me. No other studio can write comedy like them and they polish everything to perfection. SOMEBODY GET THEM THE MONKEY ISLAND LICENCE STAT.

evlcookie said:
I got no notification that I had an SMS while my phone was on the speaker dock.

This new notification system does not work mr apple.
Don't you have to enable it system-wide or per application or something?

Does anyone have a guess at how much I could sell my iPad 2 32gb wifi for considering the glass is cracked at the top (not over the screen, doesn't affect the screen or camera)? Apple Store says it's $390 to replace...

Or does anyone want to buy it

ff7f16d1.jpg

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
With summer arriving what's everyone's favourite deo?

I totally need something new and awesome.
That roll-on stuff, usually whatever Adidas or Rexona is on cheap at Coles. In addition to my daily cologne of course.

My left arm pit doesn't sweat and I get this big crescent-shaped stinging discolouration on that side when I use spray-on and go play sports. I think it's as a result of applying Lynx Java at point-blank range in my teenage years.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
Don't you have to enable it system-wide or per application or something?

The notifications are there, If you're looking. Otherwise there seems to be no way to tell if you have any waiting for you?

I figured there would have been some small icon on the top right corner, say near the battery icon, that says "hey, you have notifications!". Seems like there's nothing.

If you put spray-on or liquidy roll-on onto your bare skin, you need to give it a minute or two to dry before putting clothes over it. Otherwise you'll end up with pit stains. I always forget so use the dry roll-on (the speed stick type stuff or the hard 'gel' sort of ones) to eliminate the problem.

evlcookie said:
I figured there would have been some small icon on the top right corner, say near the battery icon, that says "hey, you have notifications!". Seems like there's nothing.
Android has the application's icon and depending on the application also a number (like if you had 3 new emails). I'm sure I read iOS could do something similar.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea. Every icon can have a number next to it to indicate that it has so many messages.

I thought the new notification system and notification tray thingy, would have included all those messages in the one spot along with a notification that you have notifications so you should scroll down and view them. But it doesn't seem like that's the case unless it's just not working correctly for me.

I think the problem is that the news limited people arent Australians. I've determined this through their use of the phrase 'down under'. I've only heard foreigners say that these days.

So that explains why she couldn't get it to work because as of now Siri only supports American English, British English and Australian English.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:

Took me 10 years of living in Australia before I badmouthed the US. Of course, I moved here when I was 2...

Top Bottom