• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Rahk

People still lining up.

5xghkl.jpg

There's also a Jobs memorial thing with flowers which I didn't get a photo of.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
People have siri here and are trying it out. It seems to work sometimes and fails the others.

Also it has witty responses to dirty questions and silly questions. Ask if it wants to fuck you and it tells you off for using such foul language. Ask if it can get married and it says no due to it's terms and conditions (something like that). It also doesn't like to talk about itself so don't bother asking questions if it likes this or that.

Echoplx

evlcookie said:
People have siri here and are trying it out. It seems to work sometimes and fails the others.

Also it has witty responses to dirty questions and silly questions. Ask if it wants to fuck you and it tells you off for using such foul language. Ask if it can get married and it says no due to it's terms and conditions (something like that). It also doesn't like to talk about itself so don't bother asking questions if it likes this or that.

So it's cleverbot with the fun removed?

Aon

evlcookie said:
Skyrim can be beaten in just over 2hrs. Excellent.

Morrowind can be beaten in 4 minutes 19 and Oblivion can be beaten in just under 11 minutes.

Thank god for speedruns ;D

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:

Don't they do this with all their games? I remember reading they have people complete it as fast as they can so they can find 'exploits' or 'shortcuts' through the game (main quest only I assume)

Aon

And there was an Oblivion 100% speedrun where you couldn't make use of the game's major glitches that clocked in @ 15 hours.

Bernbaum

BanShunsaku said:
Is the Festival of Poop on this weekend?
It is, and I really don't want to go.

Said no to several social invites, I've got 7,000 photos to sort from the US/Borneo/Cambodia, a friend leaves the country (which has happened too much this year and always gets me down) and there's this thing called Forza 4 which has my attention.

Attending a paid advertisement amongst the throes of a large crowd in one of the country's tackiest towns really isn't how I want to spend my weekend. I'm a gamer (and a bit of a snob), but the convention really isn't for me.

I would cancel my attendance if accommodation wasn't already paid for.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just one of the developers on it ended up speeding through it in just over 2hrs.

I would love to see the footage of that. Hopefully after the game is released.

evlcookie said:
Just one of the developers on it ended up speeding through it in just over 2hrs.
Bethesda usually have a speedrun tournament once their games are nearly finished. Fallout and Oblivion I think had similar times.

Shaneus

Know what's awesome about iOS 5? All those purchased (BUT ALL OF THEM ARE PURCHASED) songs that were somehow deleted in various synchronizations appear in a list for them to be redownloaded.

Also, using the phone during a sync. And the little notification windows. And the cloud thingy.

It's kind of impressive just how much stuff has been tweaked that you don't know about.

Dead Man

Paintball mode is a preorder GS exclusive for GoldeneyeHD :(

pilonv1 said:
I love the outpouring of emotion for a guy who sold them a phone. Well done hipsters
Again, Apple have been masterful at creating that feeling.

trinest

Dead Man said:
Paintball mode is a preorder GS exclusive for GoldeneyeHD :(

Again, Apple have been masterful at creating that feeling.
Didn't they do stuff like that for the Wii one but it was a sort of timed exclusive, like everyone ended up getting all the codes or something?

jambo

Choc said:
haha its coming out next month jambo as is android app support

lol though i agree

Too little too late.

It's an absolute joke that the company that used to be the leader in enterprise and business email released a product without mail support.

Shaneus said:
Know what's awesome about iOS 5? All those purchased (BUT ALL OF THEM ARE PURCHASED) songs that were somehow deleted in various synchronizations appear in a list for them to be redownloaded.

This. I've been re-downloading albums all day that I had completely forgotten I had purchased.

Which is awesome cos it means I can listen to The Mars Volta's Frances The Mute on the way home now :)

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Too little too late.

It's an absolute joke that the company that used to be the leader in enterprise and business email released a product without mail support.

it has email support via bb phones which is dumb but in a way, a small way it makes sense for that market.

it also has free tethering and free internet via the bb phone, thats kinda a big thing. But overall yes RIM has completely lost the plot

the 9900 is a nice phone tho

jambo

Having to piggy back off another device isn't good enough.

Next year when I get an Android or WP7 phone, it's not like my iPad will stop working.

RIM dropped the ball.

BanShunsaku said:
This. I've been re-downloading albums all day that I had completely forgotten I had purchased.

Same, grabbed a few albums last night that I can't even remember buying 3-4 years ago :lol

Rage Against the Machine Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium

\m/

so my grandmother has come to visit. She's not you're typical grandma - she's vegan, feminist and very left wing. It's kind of hilarious actually. We were talking about my dog, and she said she would only be happy for people to throw their money away on pets when all of the 2 billion children in poverty were fed and every child could have a free pre-school education. Then we got onto the topic of gay marriage - but she doesn't like to use the word gay because its very sexist and makes women ever more downtrodden. So every time she said gay marriage she's instead say "Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Intergender and queer - which is what the Sydney equal rights community calls it - marriage". This is going to be an interesting weekend...

Top Bottom