• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Choc said:
thats a sitcom waiting to happen shan

ha! My dad has some great stories. Like, the first thing he did when he moved out was buy a meat pie and shampoo (which she considered full of chemicals and bad for you). She's OCD as well. $20 says she's rearranged the cans into alphabetical order by this evening.

Kerrby

Banned
shanshan310 said:
so my grandmother has come to visit. She's not you're typical grandma - she's vegan, feminist and very left wing. It's kind of hilarious actually. We were talking about my dog, and she said she would only be happy for people to throw their money away on pets when all of the 2 billion children in poverty were fed and every child could have a free pre-school education. Then we got onto the topic of gay marriage - but she doesn't like to use the word gay because its very sexist and makes women ever more downtrodden. So every time she said gay marriage she's instead say "Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Intergender and queer - which is what the Sydney equal rights community calls it - marriage". This is going to be an interesting weekend...

You should record her playing a game, possibly Duke Nukem Forever or Postal. Those are the funniest.

jambo said:
Same, grabbed a few albums last night that I can't even remember buying 3-4 years ago :lol
Am I the only one who meticulously organises their music into folders, file names and album art? I remember my HDD dying a few years back and it felt like my soul had been crushed. Never again. Double backups baby! Have a 2Tb HDD sitting at my parents house 400 kilometres away labelled 20/09/11. Very proud of that one.

PC GAF HELP!
Should I get the Asus P8Z68-V LX or LE? The LE is an extra $20 and has front USB3.0 access but according to reviews on Newegg the LE has horrible onboard sound.
What should I do?

Choc

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
My shirts are in whatever order my girlfriend irons and hangs them up for me.

Life's good

\reminds me of when i moved in with my wife (who was my gf at the time)

i said can you iron this shirt for me, and she said 'i am not your mother' and the rest as they say is history (i now iron all my shirts)

Choc said:

i said can you iron this shirt for me, and she said 'i am not your mother' and the rest as they say is history (i now iron all my shirts)

Yeah I'm only getting this level of service as she is currently studying full time and not working.

Once she is working again, I'll be doing all my own shit I'm sure. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Choc said:

I know if my bf asked me to iron something, I'm sure I would do it, even though I can see its creating bad habits. =/ But due to various presents over the years, basically all of his shirts are now ones that I have bought..

Choc said:

I plead and whine and be passive aggressive until she decides that 10 minutes to iron 4 shirts isn't worth putting up with me acting like a little child.
I still have to do all the washing and cleaning though.

Dead Man

Why are people ironing shirts? Just hang the shit up to dry, and there you go. No crisp sleeve creases, sure, but I hate them anyway. As long as the collar and button line looks good, you are good to go.

I'm currently the 'house husband' whilst I'm at Uni, so I do most of the washing up etc. but I pretty much never iron. All it toke was to 'accidentally' burn one of her skirts and now she'll never let me near the iron again... ;)

On another note, as I'm putting Zelda SS on the backburner until christmas (so that I can give my full attention to Skyrim), I'm getting my Zelda fix from TP, which I never finished. Dolphin is the only way to play this now, looks awesome and I'm actually enjoying it this time.

Sutton Dagger said:
On another note, as I'm putting Zelda SS on the backburner until christmas (so that I can give my full attention to Skyrim), I'm getting my Zelda fix from TP, which I never finished. Dolphin is the only way to play this now, looks awesome and I'm actually enjoying it this time.
lol I was sure that would have said, "so that I can give my full attention to Uni".
Also Dolphin is the only way to Wii.

A belly full of Petersham Charcoal Chicken is a good thing to have.

This stuff is amazing:

l9Xl9.jpg

Choc

Banned
Dead Man said:
Why are people ironing shirts? Just hang the shit up to dry, and there you go. No crisp sleeve creases, sure, but I hate them anyway. As long as the collar and button line looks good, you are good to go.

wat?

*mind possibly blown*

edit: me as well jintor. People are so stupid. 'DVDs dont do this' you dont need to maintain a whole bunch of multiplayer fucking servers for a DVD either

also

in the batman case i think its because its single player content. That does make it harder to swallow (especially as if you are not online, you miss out even though you purchase it, that in itself is bullshit for single player)

Jintor said:
This online pass blowup over the Batman/Catwoman stuff is kind of odd to me.

I can sort of understand it though, in terms of people missing out on SP content just because they aren't connected to the net. It's pretty shitty.

Choc said:
wat?

*mind possibly blown*
Take them out of the washing machine, put them on a coathanger and hang them off the curtain rail of a window facing the sun for an hour or two.

Or put them on a coathanger and put them on the towel rack in the bathroom when everyone has a shower. Steam cleaned.

Choc said:
in the batman case i think its because its single player content. That does make it harder to swallow (especially as if you are not online, you miss out even though you purchase it, that in itself is bullshit for single player)
DING DING DING CHICKEN DINNER
Don't cut my game up into pieces and put it behind a password just because you want some extra money (for preorders) or to force me to be online.

Omikron

Work so far:

- Start up dev environment
- Get asked to write up a step by step guide on doing test builds for director as he is over OS for work related activities and wants to do some debugging.
- He reads said email, I have to upgrade / get it working on his laptops VM anyway.
- Lunch
- Produce a test build for the testing monkeys incl associated documentation.
- Test build failing due to the fact we have reached a major technical brick wall, code around the problem.
- Complete build.

Now sitting here with 25 mins before home time. No 'work' achieved.

Edit: Solution to ironing shirts. Just don't wear them. :p

Deeku

I like ironing for some reason. Must be the soothing "puff" sounds the iron makes.

I also like being the iron in monopoly.

Shaneus

Choc said:
thats a sitcom waiting to happen shan
Shit My Feminist Gran Says?
BanShunsaku said:
Yeah I'm only getting this level of service as she is currently studying full time and not working.

Once she is working again, I'll be doing all my own shit I'm sure. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
Moe: So Lenny, let's say you pull a thorn outta the Pope's butt, and he grants you one wish, what'll it be?
Lenny: Hmm, only one, huh? Well... I've always wondered what it'd feel like to wear something that's been ironed.
Carl: [whistles impressed] That'd be sweet. What about you, Moe?
Moe: Ah, gee, I was gonna say a night with Joey Heatherton, but an ironed shirt... damn, that's tempting.
BanShunsaku said:
This. I've been re-downloading albums all day that I had completely forgotten I had purchased.

Which is awesome cos it means I can listen to The Mars Volta's Frances The Mute on the way home now :)
I know, right? Though I'm guessing I have a smaller treasure trove than the rest of you. Most of my stuff that's gone is shit I've bought while impossibly drunk.

Jintor

Sutton Dagger said:
I can sort of understand it though, in terms of people missing out on SP content just because they aren't connected to the net. It's pretty shitty.

I understand it, and it is kind of sucky, but the hyperbole on both sides (well mainly on the 'this sucks' side) is really overblown.

Dead Man

Choc said:
wat?

*mind possibly blown*
See:
reptilescorpio said:
Take them out of the washing machine, put them on a coathanger and hang them off the curtain rail of a window facing the sun for an hour or two.

Or put them on a coathanger and put them on the towel rack in the bathroom when everyone has a shower. Steam cleaned.
Over the back of a dining chair works as well.

Choc

Banned
markot said:
Qantas has come under fire from shareholders over plans to give chief executive Alan Joyce a 71 per cent rise while the airline grapples with industrial disputes involving ground staff and engineers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-14/qantas-court-stop-work/3570808

Aaaaaaaaaaaahaha, Qantas is such a joke.

is anyone surprised? the shareholders won't approve that pay at the AGM.

the Qantas AGM is going to be a shitfight and a half. Most of the shareholders are on the pilots side from what i read

because they want to protect the airline and its safety. Not pay. The pilots dispute is not pay related.

Gazunta

Haven't explored much no. Made sure the WB booth had Happy Feet 2 demo (yay!), got my photo taken playing said demo, and have spent the rest of the day demoing Rage to exhibitors and EB managers. :)

reptilescorpio said:
I remember my HDD dying a few years back and it felt like my soul had been crushed. Never again. Double backups baby! Have a 2Tb HDD sitting at my parents house 400 kilometres away labelled 20/09/11. Very proud of that one.?
3-2-1 backup system FTW. At least three backups across two different sets of media, with one offsite. Actually I have four backups due to folder duplication on WHS but will be moving away from WHS shortly.

I bring a portable HDD home from the office on the first Monday of every month, run a backup of all my stuff that I would have a fit if I lost and bring it back to the office the next morning.

Choc said:
is anyone surprised? the shareholders won't approve that pay at the AGM.

the Qantas AGM is going to be a shitfight and a half. Most of the shareholders are on the pilots side from what i read

because they want to protect the airline and its safety. Not pay. The pilots dispute is not pay related.

But for some reason the pay is all that gets reported... I was thinking about writing an angry letter, but then I realised it wouldn't get published anyway.

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
Haven't explored much no. Made sure the WB booth had Happy Feet 2 demo (yay!), got my photo taken playing said demo, and have spent the rest of the day demoing Rage to exhibitors and EB managers. :)
But you don't play video games!

Did you do a Cammie and get killed by the first enemy?

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I remember my HDD dying a few years back and it felt like my soul had been crushed. Never again. Double backups baby!
Ugh, I remember when I was upgrading the drives in my NAS and there was a bug that, when initialising drives, it would swap the drive names/labels around. I carefully moved EVERYTHING from both drives to the one so that I could put a new one in. One new drive to be initialised, one with all my stuff on it. Even though I selected the correct one, guess which one actually got initialised?

Still, once I came to terms with it, it was actually quite liberating.

Deeku

I still avoid travelling with Qantas unless there's nothing else decent available. Just can't stop thinking about that time they had back to back incidents. Though I realise it could basically happen to any other airline.

mandiller

Choc said:
ok someone here got a 4s

siri is fucking amazing

edit: interesting, siri can call from a locked phone

:|

I picked one up too. You can change it in the options so it doesn't work from lock if you want.

I asked it what the meaning of life was and it said there was an app for that, haha

Shaneus

mandiller said:
I picked one up too. You can change it in the options so it doesn't work from lock if you want.

I asked it what the meaning of life was and it said there was an app for that, haha
Fuck that. It should've answered "42".

reptilescorpio said:
Am I the only one who meticulously organises their music into folders, file names and album art?
No, no you're not.

I now declare us Disorder Buddies.

Sutton Dagger said:
On another note, as I'm putting Zelda SS on the backburner until christmas (so that I can give my full attention to Skyrim), I'm getting my Zelda fix from TP, which I never finished.
You only have 2 hours to spare between now and Christmas?

Dead Man said:
Why are people ironing shirts? Just hang the shit up to dry, and there you go.
Bingo! I haven't ironed a shirt (barring any ultra formal dress shirt) in... I can't remember it's been so long.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
That's one of the other answers.
Phew.

I should start a list of questions that I should ask it:
How long is a piece of string?
If a tree falls in the woods and no-one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?
What is the sound of one hand clapping?
What is the value of pi to 50 billion places?

Deeku

reptilescorpio said:
Am I the only one who meticulously organises their music into folders, file names and album art?
Missed this.

Yeah I am totally like this as well. I am always shocked to see a friend's itunes collection that's full of crap that is not in order, weird symbols in titles and artist names, NO album art, or just an entire list of songs labelled "track 01, track02" etc. Drives me nuts!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My music is 99% tagged correctly but I'm missing album art on just about everything. Need to inject the image into the tag, will get around to it soon.

Music
- artist
-- album
--- files for album

Is how my music is sorted.

Shaneus

I'm OCD about tags where tags are relevant. Otherwise, I just have folders nested in folders according to date, and then start a new parent when I decide enough's enough.

With decent internet, I no longer need to find anything. When desperate for a song the other day, I worked out it's actually quicker for me to download it than search my PC.

Jintor said:
YAY!

commanderdeek said:
Yeah I am totally like this as well.
YAY!

evlcookie said:
My music is 99% tagged correctly
YAY!

evlcookie said:
but I'm missing album art on just about everything.
BOO!

evlcookie said:
Need to inject the image into the tag, will get around to it soon.

Music
- artist
-- album
--- files for album

Is how my music is sorted.
YAY!

Quick, someone ask siri what it thinks of online passes.

Also, will the world end December 2012 as the Mayan's predicted?

Top Bottom