• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Don't all mechanical keyboards make the 'clicky' sound? The only ones I've ever used (admittedly pretty old ones, since they stopped being popular/mainstream with 386s) are...

While on the topic of mice -- there was a Razer or Microsoft wireless one that had a cable you could use to charge it as well, anyone know what that is and if it's any good? My G7 is good and all but the wireless interference coupled with the iffy RMB is getting on my nerves.

Rahk

It's mainly just the mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX Blue switches that make the clicky sound. I've used brown switches and they are very quiet.

mandiller

Jintor said:
Where do you work tintin?
ABC Online. The pr guys ran out of time, phone interview on Monday seems likely with maybe head of mobile or regional manager or something. I wanted to ask peter moore questions about Australian dev studios shutting down :-/

Random bit of info, batman Arkham asylum is coming out a bit later (2 weeks I think) on pc than consoles because of waiting for better drivers and last minute optimisations. That's what the Warner Bros guy said.

mandiller said:
Random bit of info, batman Arkham asylum is coming out a bit later (2 weeks I think) on pc than consoles because of waiting for better drivers and last minute optimisations. That's what the Warner Bros guy said.
Yeah they did say that when they delayed the game 3 weeks for PC back in 2009. ;)

Yagharek

I cant help it. That thread. That thread.

It keeps going in circles. I have a feeling cpp_is_anticonsumer has a four hour memory and once it expires he comes back to the same line that used sales = piracy.

Why? Because the fine print says so! >.<

You have more patience than I, DeadMan.

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
I cant help it. That thread. That thread.

It keeps going in circles. I have a feeling cpp_is_anticonsumer has a four hour memory and once it expires he comes back to the same line that used sales = piracy.

Why? Because the fine print says so! >.<

You have more patience than I, DeadMan.
LOL, I just bailed before I lost my temper!

Jintor

mandiller said:
ABC Online. The pr guys ran out of time, phone interview on Monday seems likely with maybe head of mobile or regional manager or something. I wanted to ask peter moore questions about Australian dev studios shutting down :-/

Awesome! I mean, not awesome that you didn't get your interview... just it's reporter bloody central here on AusGAF

Yagharek

Dead Man said:
LOL, I just bailed before I lost my temper!

That came all of a sudden. :p

The guy is a regular Nadia Com&#259;neci of cognitive dissonance. He is weasling his way around equating piracy with used sales care of the lack of respect for IP/licensing misdirection.

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
That came all of a sudden. :p

The guy is a regular Nadia Com&#259;neci of cognitive dissonance. He is weasling his way around equating piracy with used sales care of the lack of respect for IP/licensing misdirection.
Yeah, he is pretty bad. His evasions and strawmen are what's giving me the shits. I'll check back on the thread later, maybe harass him for an answer to my question :)

Salazar

Dead Man said:
Yeah, he is pretty bad. His evasions and strawmen are what's giving me the shits. I'll check back on the thread later, maybe harass him for an answer to my question :)

No, man. Watch the rugby. Give up on that noise.

Salazar

BM3Fz.jpg

So suave.

Echoplx

Rezbit said:
I just helped a friend move house.

Jesus.

Don't make that mistake again, seriously. When I moved into my apartment at the start of the year I was duped into helping my friend move as well ;_;

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rezbit said:
I just helped a friend move house.

Jesus.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha sucker.

I just moved :(.

Rezbit

Sometimes you wonder how furniture even gets into a house, it's that bloody hard to get out at times.

I actually didn't mind helping, but I am totally shattered. Any time I've moved I had removalists paid for so I didn't lift a finger. Way to do it.

Gazunta said:
iPhone 4S get. HTC Evo 3D get.

So did Bern and Choc hug it out or what
Choc hasn't posted so I assume Bern snapped his neck and hid him in the SEGA booth. Won't be found until the porters come through to clean out the hall.

Playing Homefront.

Spent more time picking up newspapers every 20 feet than actually shooting anyone. Lack of auto-aim is nice although a few guns do have it. The guns look and feel like poop.

4/10 so far.

Salazar

Jintor said:
Time to learn stuff about copyright law

I can help a little with respect to its origins and operation in the 18th century British book trade.

Which is to say that I'm out. EviLore should actively recruit some lawyers for GAF.

Fogz

Well crowds and BO and EB aside I had a fun first day at the expo. Didn't line up for anything, just wandered around and jumped in whenever there was an empty spot. Played some Rayman Origins, got sold on lotr, and I now have HYPE for Darkness 2, that demo is amazing!

Also, turns out I went to high school with one of the saints row 3 girls.

Jintor

Salazar said:
I can help a little with respect to its origins and operation in the 18th century British book trade.

Which is to say that I'm out. EviLore should actively recruit some lawyers for GAF.

I really wish I wasn't doing this Constitutional Law and Equity shit and was back on my relaxing course of patent/copyright law. I actually liked that stuff.

legend166

Fogz said:
Well crowds and BO and EB aside I had a fun first day at the expo. Didn't line up for anything, just wandered around and jumped in whenever there was an empty spot. Played some Rayman Origins, got sold on lotr, and I now have HYPE for Darkness 2, that demo is amazing!

Also, turns out I went to high school with one of the saints row 3 girls.

Surely that is something all wide eyed youngsters dream of becoming when they grow up - a Saints Row 3 girl..

Salazar

legend166 said:
Surely that is something all wide eyed youngsters dream of becoming when they grow up - a Saints Row 3 girl..

Thinking I should head over and see if any girls from my high school years are tramping it up selling games.

Dead Man

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/10474039/oppn-attacks-labors-immigration-bickering/

Chris Bowen should resign as immigration minister after backing the coalition's Nauru solution and failing to end the government's internal bickering over asylum-seeker policy, the opposition says.

Opposition immigration spokesman minister Scott Morrison says Mr Bowen lost the confidence of the prime minister when he was rolled during a cabinet crisis meeting on Thursday.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported on Saturday that Mr Bowen and other senior cabinet members had argued in favour of the coalition's choice of Nauru as the site for an offshore asylum-seeker processing centre.
So... opposition opposes measure, then blames government for not passing measure? Pathetic.
Mr Morrison said more boatloads of asylum seekers were guaranteed to arrive in Australian waters because of the end of the Malaysia solution and the ensuing onshore processing of asylum seekers.

But he could not say when the surge would come.

"I don't know how many boats there will be, but there will be boats," he said.

You hear that Australia? Boats. Boats!

Shaneus

legend166 said:
As long as it's not the SR3 girl known as Lindsay Lohan.

Oh, and Forza 4 is totally kicking my arse right now. Incredibly sore hands... and that's just from watching the graphics.

In all seriousness, I've almost exclusively been sticking to the "rivals" mode and only actually completed 0.2% of the career proper. Total play time is at around 5 hours and I think about 4.5 of those were spent NOT in the career.

Polyphony should be shitting themselves.

Yagharek

Online pass confirmed for Skyward Sword. The green tunic and orchestral main theme tune is available only as a 600MB download when you activate a one-time use code. Preowned buyers will have to spend an extra 1000 Wii Points to gain access to it.

Yagharek

Update: turns out I was misinformed. Nintendo actually give customers a bonus soundtrack just because. Imagine how quaint such a concept can still persist in the modern era.

Silly me, sorry for the diversion.

RandomVince said:
Online pass confirmed for Skyward Sword. The green tunic and orchestral main theme tune is available only as a 600MB download when you activate a one-time use code. Preowned buyers will have to spend an extra 1000 Wii Points to gain access to it.
lol
I wonder how many Wii units are online.

Deeku

I just realised, when I get Xenoblade next week, I will be turning my Wii on for the first time since July 2010.

I just hope it doesn't die from shock or something:p

Fogz

legend166 said:

She wasn't one of the bikini girls though. The missus wanted to get her photo taken with one of them though, should I be worried or pleased?

Salazar

legend166 said:
Why didn't they take the shot for a field goal when they were around 40m out? Pretty stupid.

No idea. Or at least move it wide when it became painfully obvious that France weren't going to play along.

Top Bottom