• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kritz

Banned
Banana already knows, but I called up Officeworks - the laptop pricing isn't in stock / unable to be ordered, and the pricing is obviously a mistake.

Kritz said:
Banana already knows, but I called up Officeworks - the laptop pricing isn't in stock / unable to be ordered, and the pricing is obviously a mistake.

but that was just 1 lady who you said looked at their website. cant hurt to ask around

Salazar

Shaneus said:
So, I'm going through that WB thread this morning, and it's funny to see how when those fighting the good fight drifted off to sleep there was some kind of unspoken tag-team and others have picked up the slack. Some truly amazing arguments FOR this kind of treatment going on in there.

Bizarre how someone can straightfacedly argue that if you buy a used copy, you are more or less a thief and should feel ashamed.

And how what devs say is automatically holy writ - even if it's something colossally fucking stupid.

Omikron

Salazar said:
Bizarre how someone can straightfacedly argue that if you buy a used copy, you are more or less a thief and should feel ashamed.

And how what devs say is automatically holy writ - even if it's something colossally fucking stupid.

That argument is ridiculous, but I can understand developers / publishers wanting to try and cut out at least some of the used game market, because, that is lost revenue in some form. Just how much, who knows really.

Darklord said:
zZFLo.jpg

You know, this makes me fucking angry. They're even ruining the posters now. Look at that shit! Just stop! Star Wars posters have always been great even the prequels. But that...I could do that and I suck at photoshop.

Yoda's expression in that poster is classic. "Ugh not this again".

commissar

Unless it's a game I'm likely to sell again, I only buy a second hand game if it's close to mint condition because I'm a terrible person like that.

Now if a publisher ships their games in a cardboard box, like ico/silent hill 2 or the DVD/BRD eco-friendly release of Earth...
I have to buy new as that isn't going to survive the EB secondhand grinder/being used to roll a joint.

but mainly because paper/cardboard feels nicer than plastic + it is biodegradable

markot

Banned
legend166 said:
Guys, what's the best Dawn of War pack to buy?

Should I just bite the bullet and get the DoW II complete pack?
Get a yank to buy it for you.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Depends on what you want, sp? mp?

There is a demo.

Darklord said:
You know, this makes me fucking angry. They're even ruining the posters now. Look at that shit! Just stop! Star Wars posters have always been great even the prequels. But that...I could do that and I suck at photoshop.
WHERE THE FUCK IS LIAM NEESON? They didn't even put the best character in the movie on the damn poster! And I thought that (future) sexy lass Natalie Portman was in that movie too? What gives? And wasn't all the action on a lush green planet with robots and shit shooting shit up? I give this poster a 2/10 as it sucks but still spelled Phantom Menace correct and that is quite hard to do without auto-correct.

codswallop said:
Edit: Interesting... Just noticed a UPnP port (3659) opened in my firewall for 'EA Tunnel', despite the BF3 beta being uninstalled and Origin not running.
Watch out. The EA goons will take over your computer and uninstall Steam.

legend166 said:
Guys, what's the best Dawn of War pack to buy? Should I just bite the bullet and get the DoW II complete pack?
OzGameShop has it for $30 but they are out of stock. You could wait for it or grab it from Zavvi for around $35. Could also try a key site. Also Steam gift from an American for $30.

Bernbaum said:
Queensland's Gold Coast is home to some of the worst types of people in the entire world.
You watch your mouth. My little sister lives up there and she is a saint and a kind soul.

Bernbaum said:
Queensland's Gold Coast is home to some of the worst types of people in the entire world.

Explain yourself! I had an amazing time there...everyone was very nice, except for the staff at 'la porchetta' in surfer's paradise. They were rude and unwelcome.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys I just worked out my laptop i've had for like 3 years has HDMI out

I've been living a fucking lie. I dont know what to do

I'm almost crying here :( so many times I could have used this so many fdhjfhdf

Gazunta

I'm awake ugh

Three things -

1) everyone who is at the EB show today: have fun, good luck with the crowds, make sure you have a gaf meet up of some sort

2) if you're at the show take a minute to play happy feet 2 at the WB booth, the Brisbane studio that made it got shut down yesterday.

3) I'm going back to sleep

Shaneus

That's shit for #2 there, Gaz :(

PS. It's 11:30am and I've done nothing but play Forza 4 all morning. Not sure whether that's a good thing or bad thing.

Jintor

By the way, why is everyone saying Arkham City is the first instance of single-player online pass stuff? Did everybody forget about Project Ten-Dollar and Mass Effect 2 already?

Shaneus

I'm probably wrong, but I think it's the first notable instance where content that has been implied to be in the game from the start has been declared "DLC" at the last minute.

hamchan

Even though I own Arkham City on Steam already, I think I'll buy the PS3 version because I want to play early and it has trophies :-/

Jintor

Shaneus said:
I'm probably wrong, but I think it's the first notable instance where content that has been implied to be in the game from the start has been declared "DLC" at the last minute.

Ah, that probably explains it, yeah.

Shaneus said:
Project $10 in effect.

With Saboteur it was new copies needed to download the unlock key. It was totally worth paying $5 for boobs when I picked it up second hand.

Gazunta said:
2) if you're at the show take a minute to play happy feet 2 at the WB booth, the Brisbane studio that made it got shut down yesterday.
Man that sucks. What else were they working on up there? Won't buy the game now since they have been shut down. My son will be displeased.

Jintor said:
By the way, why is everyone saying Arkham City is the first instance of single-player online pass stuff? Did everybody forget about Project Ten-Dollar and Mass Effect 2 already?
ME2 wasn't part of the campaign and it wasn't content used in previews and it wasn't all day one content.
Arkham City is literally cutting off a portion of the storyline for people who haven't linked the code online. You miss out on 4 missions if you don't go online or buy used.

Jintor

As someone who played through half the game without the Catwoman DLC, I didn't even notice they were missing until I installed it. However, I do disagree with the way in which the Catwoman stuff was presented in their pre-release media.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Project $10 in effect.

With Saboteur it was new copies needed to download the unlock key. It was totally worth paying $5 for boobs when I picked it up second hand.
Funny thing is with Saboteur, I originally bought it for $40 (I think), played a fair bit of it and then traded it in toward something at JB. I saw it again on sale for $10 sealed at a GAME store, so I bought it (and have a spare code).
Arkham City is literally cutting off a portion of the storyline for people who haven't linked the code online. You miss out on 4 missions if you don't go online or buy used.
That's my gripe with it, too. It's not that it's additional content, it's that they're amputating a part of the game and only giving it to you if you give them money or buy it new.

Rahk

Darklord said:
zZFLo.jpg

These press release images are great! I don't even need to use the magic wand to cut them out of the background. I'll just stick these guys here, here and here. Oh, and we'll shove in some pod racers cause that's in the movie too.

Shit! I forgot the robut! I'll just put him back here. Black background is boring so I'll just stick this landscape down here. Shit, now the red dude's legs aren't blending in. I guess he can be on fire!

There's a bunch of space in the top left to fit another dude. Oh! This hooded man already has scan lines so I'll stick him there. I suppose I should add a halo effect around everything so they don't look entirely like cardboard cut outs. NOW LENS FLARES UP IN THIS BITCH!

Dead Man

Darklord said:
zZFLo.jpg

That is the worst movie poster I have ever seen. Pathetic.

Dead Man said:
That is the worst movie poster I have ever seen. Pathetic.
You're only saying that because you haven't seen this yet:

hr_exclusive_takers_poster__oPt.jpg

You're welcome.

PS-the obvious answer to the tagline of "Everyone's After Something" is "decent photoshop skillz?"

Yagharek

Jintor said:
Because arkham City is the first good game to do it, hence the disappointment.

Dead Man

Planet_JASE said:
You're only saying that because you haven't seen this yet:

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hr_exclusive_takers_poster__oPt.jpg[IMG]

You're welcome.

PS-the obvious answer to the tagline of "Everyone's After Something" is "decent photoshop skillz?"[/QUOTE]
Actually, I had seen that, just bocked it out of my memory. In defence of my position I will say that at least the Takers one is for a shitty film with no material to work with. TPM has a multitude of material to draw on, inspiration from previous iterations of SW movie posters which were sublime, and a height of expectation that should encourage excellence. Instead we have something one step above Takers. Ugh.

Omikron

Amazing, I get TF2 items for pre-purchasing FM2012.

For some reason I find that highly amusing. Now to piss everyone off with the vuvuzela.

Kerrby

Banned
evlcookie said:
I'm sure jintor is a fan of clopclop, with that pony avatar and all.

It's NSFW just in case people go and google it

I was thinking more along the lines that he is Mr. Hands ;D.

Before you get all offended, I'm joking.

Bernbaum

My new favourite hobby: waking through crowds and not giving way to cosplayers half my height/age.

Pretty sure that the 'B' in EB stands for manboobs.

Top Bottom