• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sutton Dagger said:
Yeah, too late, she already turned it on... The screen wasn't working properly but I turned it off. I put it in a container with some rice, hopefully that will suck up the water ;)

I think it's gone to be honest. I know Apple won't repair it for free now, but do they repair things not covered by warranty, and if so how much do they charge?

A fuck load. You're probably better just getting a new iPhone.

Call them up and just say the phone has water damage, how much is it to repair / replace, good chance it won't be worth it at all. Apple likes to do that.

Oh your mainboard died in your 2 year old macbook pro? That will be $1300 to replace! That's how they roll.

evlcookie said:
A fuck load. You're probably better just getting a new iPhone.

Call them up and just say the phone has water damage, how much is it to repair / replace, good chance it won't be worth it at all. Apple likes to do that.

Oh your mainboard died in your 2 year old macbook pro? That will be $1300 to replace! That's how they roll.

Oh God, doesn't sound good. We honestly don't have the cash for a new phone atm so I'm hoping the contents insurance will have it covered. Will find out in the next couple of days I guess :(

Shaneus said:
Week at best. You know, I don't even know why the fuck I'm asking. I just picked up FM4 and I still have several games (which I'm pretty sure you told me to order) that are still sealed. Even an FPS or two among them (ODST).

Edit: CoD4 it is then. When it's on Steam for cheap or something.
COD4: MW1 - PC for $20, 360 for $27, PS3 for $23.
COD6: MW2 - PS3/360 for $27

Call of Duty (with Expansion) for $11 on EBay.
Call of Duty 2 for $16 on EBay.
Better off checking out JB or EBgames to see if they have cheap copies of those two on PC as I have seen them for $10 a few times, maybe Harvey Norman too. The 360 version of COD2 was pretty good and can be found for less than $20 easily. Feels better on PC though. The Modern Warfare games feel great on consoles though.

I think the first 2 games hold up really well, some of the mechanics have been improved out of sight but the atmosphere is still brilliant. The Russian level where you run up into the city with only ammo in your hand is great. Respawning enemies suck though.

I like CoD games but the single players, whilst always being polished do tend to blur into one.

I still think the best single player is the original model: MoH Allied Assault. Next is CoD2's is probably the best. The WWII are more reverential than dudebro. The only CoD I thought really lacking was CoD3 and it's the only single player I never finished. Also overlooked is the expansion pack to the original CoD- United Offensive. That was pretty good.

But it's not worth playing if you don't want a linear experience. That's what they are.

Finished Rage yesterday. That was one good game. I worked out that although I had played a lot of games this year, only four of them were new IP. Out of LA Noire, Homefront, Bulletstorm and this, Rage was by far the best new IP. I hope to play more.

It took around 13 hours on normal.

Shaneus said:
What would the best SP CoD be? I've tried my hand at a few but could never really get into them for more than a week or so. Maybe it's a little too dudebro to keep me coming back.
Call of duty 1, call of duty 2 and call of duty 4. Modern warfare 2 if you like playing coop, and black ops if you like zombies.

I cannot stress how useful applecare is. I don't bother with phones but for mac its essential.
The only time i ever actually needed it was the one time I didn't take it out (only a broken keyboard though)

also- the only unplayable version of CoD is CoD classic on XBLA.

ClivePwned said:
Out of LA Noire, Homefront, Bulletstorm and this, Rage was by far the best new IP. I hope to play more.
LA Noire has potential but they chose the delivery system poorly. Not enough content to avoid repetition and the gameplay was messy.
Homefront was horrible.
Bulletstorm was fun for a few hours but got dry towards the end. I can still pick up Vanquish and have a wonderful time but the similarly stylish action angle that Bulletstorm went for isn't something that I feel the need to boot up again.
Really looking forward to RAGE, hopefully the next patch is out before I start my play.

Shadows of the Damned was great and I would love to see another similar title, if only so the environment artists can blow my mind again. Same with the dialogue.
Not sure what other new IP I played this year aside from small indie stuff...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sutton Dagger said:
Oh God, doesn't sound good. We honestly don't have the cash for a new phone atm so I'm hoping the contents insurance will have it covered. Will find out in the next couple of days I guess :(

Pray it comes good in a few days.

It might not be too bad $$$ wise but if it's water damaged apple usually look at you and just go nope. I think even with apple care it's still a nope, but who knows.

Shaneus

There's something about the feel of the game that I absolutely adore. Get it (though apparently the PC version was fairly buggy).

If you like Just Cause 2, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed II, or 'Allo 'Allo, you'd like The Saboteur.
It is slightly jankier and less refined than the other games I mentioned but still is a lot of fun.

Dead Man

Doncamatic said:
Oooo never played Saboteur, if it's anything like that description I'll have to pick it up.
Well... it's not a lot like that, but a sequel easily could have been. But it is a great game, just lacking in polish.

ClivePwned said:
If you like Just Cause 2, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed II, or 'Allo 'Allo, you'd like The Saboteur.
It is slightly jankier and less refined than the other games I mentioned but still is a lot of fun.
It's a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and understands that the point of a game is to be FUN and doesn't let that get in the way. I even 100% the whole thing and got all the collectables. Once you level up your abilities you are a one man Nazi army killing machine. Plus the vehicles were actually pretty fun to drive.
Also boobs and booze.

Too bad EA shut down Pandemic before they had even finished the game.

Kritz

Banned
I need to find some better use for my monitors...

rMuwSl.jpg

Or get monitors that are the same resolution...

Man I had completely forgotten most of the details of the animated avatars. What was the maximum file size? I can imagine the site is a lot cheaper to run now.

lol When Rossi came off his bike my gf sent me a text message only containing this:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nice to see another Australian world champion.

Edit: Holy shit, his wife is HOT!

midonnay said:
woah, cradle snatcher :p
Train them from when they are young. No wonder the ratty looking bugger got a 10.

Next year should be fun to watch, expect him to take to the 1000 just as well as this year.

Edit: Also apparently she is 4 months pregnant? Where the hell does she keep that baby?

Jintor

I think my left contact is in inside out

I'M NOT REMOVING THIS SHIT. TAKES TOO LONG TO JAM INTO MY EYES

I'm going to regret this by 11pm

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
watching jesus camp for the first time.. am actually scared.. how can people believe this crap.. poor brainwashed kidlettets :(

Yagharek

HolyCheck said:
watching jesus camp for the first time.. am actually scared.. how can people believe this crap.. poor brainwashed kidlettets :(

Yeah, its disgusting what theyve done to them. The only redeeming fact is that theyre not brandishing weapons.
Yet.

Fogz

Well EB expo is done and dusted. Played and watched lots of cool stuff!

I didn't think EB was that bad yesterday but damn they were all spewing the company preorder line today. Had some guy going on about the Mass Effect 3 N7 edition while I was trying to play it, and while watching Sonic Generations another one asked me if I knew about their preorder policies to which I said "Nah I import".

I still had a great time and would easily do it again. Maybe.

Now for the longarse drive home in the morning.

Edit: oh and the gf made me stand in line with little kids so we could meet Bajo and Hex. They were real nice guys though.

Fogz

reptilescorpio said:
Impressions please!

Well SR3 day 1 is obvious enough, if the pc version isn't a broken mess that is. Also somehow I ended up on the station after someone had stripped naked their extremely musclebound character and was armed only with a giant dildo.

Kirby Wii and Rayman are basically NSMBW but too busy and end up just following behind whoever is in front.

The cargo plane level of Uncharted 3 looks amazing and looks like what Indy 4 should have been, complete with a musclebound adversary who barely flinched when Drake hit him. I only got to play the chateau level we all saw videos of at E3 and spent most of the time working out where to go, but maybe I just suck at Uncharted :)

Didn't get much time with Mass Effect 3, was just a gears of war section and they seemed to kick me out after 3 minutes, just in time to get their N7 spiel in.

Didn't bother lining up for BF3 as I'd played the beta and the line was 3 hours long. Same for AssCreed and MW3, always superhuge lines. Started lining up for Skyrim until someone said there wasn't a hands on demo.

markot

Banned
Fogz said:
Well EB expo is done and dusted. Played and watched lots of cool stuff!

I didn't think EB was that bad yesterday but damn they were all spewing the company preorder line today. Had some guy going on about the Mass Effect 3 N7 edition while I was trying to play it, and while watching Sonic Generations another one asked me if I knew about their preorder policies to which I said "Nah I import".

I still had a great time and would easily do it again. Maybe.

Now for the longarse drive home in the morning.

Edit: oh and the gf made me stand in line with little kids so we could meet Bajo and Hex. They were real nice guys though.
Did they try to sell you the games they were showing as Pre Owned >_>?

Top Bottom