• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Salazar

legend166 said:
Oh dear, Bosnich decided to visit Advanced Hair.

That skin often looks like it has had gladwrap melted onto it. Granted, I usually see him late-night/early morning, but he genuinely looks like he has made some bad plastic surgery decisions.

Even though it is nowhere close to being correct (and because I have no idea how to bloody well say it) my mind always substitutes Tumbleturn in place of it.

Salazar said:
Face of a rotten fish swollen in the sun. Hair of a raccoon. Brain of a squashed snail.
bravestarr.jpg

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
Hug it out!
Then bad mouth Origin to everyone in the room.
Some genius did that to Peter Moore during his keynote speech, and Moore being the pro that he is turned that negative into a positive and stayed on song for the rest of the presentation.

I was impressed. He gave just as much a shit about what he had to say as he would if he were at an E3.

Tntnnbltn

roosters93 said:
Do the kiddies make fun of your name?
I remember when I was at high school overhearing some lower school kid saying "tuh-nn-tuh-nn-nn-buh-uhl-tuh-nn" when they were walking behind me, reading the name on my leavers jumper.

I don't share it with my current students, of course. I don't want them finding me online.

Homefront was below mediocre.
Some horrible mechanics and canned scenes where you will always die first time because you don't know where the invisible explosion will be. Can't get through a door or go up a ladder until EVERYONE in your party goes first.

4/10 - maybe worth the $2 it cost to rent.

Might play some MW2 to wash the poop off my hands.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else go to the EB Games Expo on the Gold Coast? Can't find any mention of it at all on GAF which I thought was weird.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We had some staff attend, though I don't know if we're doing a write up or what.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Some horrible mechanics and canned scenes where you will always die first time because you don't know where the invisible explosion will be. Can't get through a door or go up a ladder until EVERYONE in your party goes first.

I don't understand why you would say HomeFront is a 4/10 and then say you're going to play MW2 because it's a good game. Unless that was sarcasm?

hamchan

Kerrby said:
I don't understand why you would say HomeFront is a 4/10 and then say you're going to play MW2 because it's a good game. Unless that was sarcasm?

Because Homefront is *shock* a worse game than MW2.

Kerrby

Banned
hamchan said:
Because Homefront is *shock* a worse game than MW2.

MW2 SP was awful, probably a 4-5/10 from me. Ended up beating it in 4 hours I think it was, on top of it being glitchy and unmemorable. I will say I loved the co-op missions though, the best part of MW2.

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic, it's late.

reptilescorpio said:

Yeah it was pretty shit, which was a shame because I liked the idea of being a resistance fighter. It came with the THQ pack I bought in the summer sale, so at least I didn't really pay for it.

Dead Man

Doncamatic said:
Yeah it was pretty shit, which was a shame because I liked the idea of being a resistance fighter. It came with the THQ pack I bought in the summer sale, so at least I didn't really pay for it.

Make an open world rpg in that world and I'd buy it. You listen out for information which you sell, you steal and pick-pocket items, and eventually, if you so choose, can start waging a more direct war on the korean occupiers. You'd have stats in the morrowind vein: sneak, security, acrobatics, athletics, small-arms, melee, speechcraft, etc. Would be awesome. Instead it was a poop fps.
You just made me sad there will be no Saboteur 2 :(

Shaneus

BanShunsaku said:
Drank far too much whisky last night.

Geez I'd kill for a packet of Salt & Vinegar Ruffles
I'd kill for *any* Ruffles. God damnit, what is it that made them so fucking awesome? Their texture or did they use magical potatoes or something?

midonnay

ugh, how do people do those open channel swims ._.

went for a swim in a outside pool (supposed to be heated....fucking liars)

so cold that nearly sank in the first lap..... couldn't breathe :(

was so buggered when I got home that I fell asleep at 6pm

Kerrby said:
MW2 SP was awful, probably a 4-5/10 from me. Ended up beating it in 4 hours I think it was, on top of it being glitchy and unmemorable. I will say I loved the co-op missions though, the best part of MW2.
Never came across a glitch in MW2 while had multiples in Homefront. Found MW2 very memorable and a lot of fun just like the first MW. Maybe it is because I played Black Ops before MW2 that I enjoyed the story? Wasn't as balls out crazy as Black Ops. MW2 is great fun in a summer blockbuster kind of way.
It is a lot of fun to just boot up and play for 20 minutes at a time to unwind. Guns feel great and aside from the ascent in Rio the game doesn't throw any bullshit situations at you.

Dead Man said:
You just made me sad there will be no Saboteur 2 :(
:(
Would love another Saboteur. Wonder what the former Pandemic guys are up to these days?

BanShunsaku said:
Geez I'd kill for a packet of Salt & Vinegar Ruffles
So would I since I can't find the damn things. Samboys are a poor alternative. Need that damn ruffle with all the flavour locked into a small area of chip. So good.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
So would I since I can't find the damn things. Samboys are a poor alternative. Need that damn ruffle with all the flavour locked into a small area of chip. So good.
Yes! It's the greater surface area packed into smaller dimensions. You're basically getting twice the flavour for the size of the chip.

Science!

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Never came across a glitch in MW2 while had multiples in Homefront. Found MW2 very memorable and a lot of fun just like the first MW. Maybe it is because I played Black Ops before MW2 that I enjoyed the story? Wasn't as balls out crazy as Black Ops. MW2 is great fun in a summer blockbuster kind of way. .

I liked Black Ops single player probably just a little less than I liked COD4, which is a huge statement because I looooove COD4. Maybe the fact that MW2 single player left a sour taste in my mouth I've forgotten the single player, or maybe it was just as bad as the multiplayer. 14 patches to fix multiplayer in 2 months, that's got to be some kind of record.

Darklord said:
http://www.news.com.au/national/surely-this-is-a-joke/story-e6frfkvr-1226167565870

How does something like that even turn into a law? $12,000 fine for insulting one particular minister? wtf?

That's hilarious, surely there's no way that'll pass. I like how the URL is entitled 'surely this is a joke' :lol.

Shaneus

What would the best SP CoD be? I've tried my hand at a few but could never really get into them for more than a week or so. Maybe it's a little too dudebro to keep me coming back.

Fiancée dropped her iPhone 4 into the toilet, as expected its pretty much dead. Don't know what to do... The insurance company (contents) doesn't seem too keen to give us the cash (they are calling back tomorrow), what other options are there?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sutton Dagger said:
Fiancée dropped her iPhone 4 into the toilet, as expected its pretty much dead. Don't know what to do... The insurance company (contents) doesn't seem too keen to give us the cash (they are calling back tomorrow), what other options are there?

Leave it out to dry for a few days then try and turn it on again. Don't try and turn it on before then though.

You won't be able to take it to apple and claim it just died since the water sensor will tell them you fucked it up with water.

Shaneus said:
What would the best SP CoD be? I've tried my hand at a few but could never really get into them for more than a week or so. Maybe it's a little too dudebro to keep me coming back.
Week? The campaign is generally around 5 hours long. I find COD1, 2, MW, MW2 to be really enjoyable. Black Ops was okay. Run down a corridor and shoot the hell out of bad guys while having classic hollywood action movie moments.
Never touched MP.

evlcookie said:
Leave it out to dry for a few days then try and turn it on again. Don't try and turn it on before then though.

You won't be able to take it to apple and claim it just died since the water sensor will tell them you fucked it up with water.

Yeah, too late, she already turned it on... The screen wasn't working properly but I turned it off. I put it in a container with some rice, hopefully that will suck up the water ;)

I think it's gone to be honest. I know Apple won't repair it for free now, but do they repair things not covered by warranty, and if so how much do they charge?

Shaneus said:
COD4 is the best single player one in my opinion. Much better than the earlier three and so far still better than the two after it.

It's really COD4's fault that we have these annual AAA blockbuster 'popcorn' games, and that EA are scrambling to catch up with Medal of Honor and Battlefield.

Kerrby

Banned
I dropped my brand new iPod Touch 3G 32GB model in the toilet, went to Apple to see if we could work out a deal but they made me buy a replacement which cost $250. Hugely disappointed seeing I just paid $350 for it.

codswallop said:
COD4 is the best single player one in my opinion. Much better than the earlier three and so far still better than the two after it.

It's really COD4's fault that we have these annual AAA blockbuster 'popcorn' games, and that EA are scrambling to catch up with Medal of Honor and Battlefield.

This is actually true, Infinity Ward made a game so good that every other game is trying to imitate to try and get the same success. It's just a shame that MW2 was a piece of arse and most other shooters are COD'd up.

Kirby102 said:
HNGGG $250 ergh. You're better off buying a 4G iPod Touch 32GB for that price... D:

Yeah that's true :(. Should've just sucked it up and bought an iPhone to begin with :/.

Kirby102

Kerrby said:
I dropped my brand new iPod Touch 3G 32GB model in the toilet, went to Apple to see if we could work out a deal but they made me buy a replacement which cost $250. Hugely disappointed seeing I just paid $350 for it.
HNGGG $250 ergh. You're better off buying a 4G iPod Touch 32GB for that price... D:

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Week? The campaign is generally around 5 hours long. I find COD1, 2, MW, MW2 to be really enjoyable. Black Ops was okay. Run down a corridor and shoot the hell out of bad guys while having classic hollywood action movie moments.
Never touched MP.
Week at best. You know, I don't even know why the fuck I'm asking. I just picked up FM4 and I still have several games (which I'm pretty sure you told me to order) that are still sealed. Even an FPS or two among them (ODST).

Edit: CoD4 it is then. When it's on Steam for cheap or something.

Top Bottom