• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kerrby

Banned
jambo said:
I normally put the Ice Magic bottle in the microwave for 10 seconds with the cap open.
I love putting cookies in the micrwave, just long enough so it doesn't melt.
Best use for my 3DS is using it on the toilet, actually thats the only use i have for it.

Frawdder

Choc said:
not yet but indy cars have never been redesigned when people die

where as F1 cars always are. It's also interesting to note that the FIA does not regulate the design of the cars like F1, only the tracks.

For example Massa would have died in his crash before Senna. The exact same thing happened to massa as senna and he survived. Not through luck, through changes to the cars.
Flying debris will always be something that no one can predict.

And FYI, there are new IRL cars for next year with body work behind the rear wheels to prevent other cars from getting air when they touch. And safety is always a concern with IndyCars, as it should be in any motorsport. To say they never change the cars is a pretty ignorant thing to say. When you are travelling around an oval at stupidly high speeds, with no run off area and only the catch fencing to keep you from flying out of the oval, sometimes these freak accidents happen. Sometimes people die, it is an unfortunate part of motorsport but one that everyone knows is a possibility. They don't put 'MOTORSPORT IS DANGEROUS' on your ticket for nothing.

Yagharek

If you don't have rice there's always those dessicants that you can buy for removing condensation on windows. But rice is more common obviously.

Today has been horrible so I am going to treat myself with a VCoke and some caramel slice. :(

commanderdeek said:
:eek: I never knew rice dries stuff.
That is how it works. Draws moisture out of anything near it. Also why you don't feed it to pigeons or little children. :(

Shaneus

And in case you were all were wondering, that was totally my tweet that Steve Gaynor (Scoops from Idle Thumbs, Bioshock 2/Infinite guy) RT'd this morning. Like a boss.

So I was going to wait for PC version of The Batman, but the world ends on Friday apparently so I'll be going with the 360 version.

This is how I'm justifying the purchase to my other half, wish me luck

Shaneus said:
And in case you were all were wondering, that was totally my tweet that Steve Gaynor (Scoops from Idle Thumbs, Bioshock 2/Infinite guy) RT'd this morning. Like a boss.
lol
I was wondering if you were going to bring that up. Would be very happy to be a part of those guys lives too. If only Chris Remo would drop his restraining order against me. :(

BanShunsaku said:
So I was going to wait for PC version of The Batman, but the world ends on Friday apparently so I'll be going with the 360 version.

This is how I'm justifying the purchase to my other half, wish me luck
Grab a random price sticker from another case for $30 less and stick it on Arkham City before you go home. Tell her you got a super bargain! She will be impressed with your foraging skills and consider you a suitable mate.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
lol
I was wondering if you were going to bring that up. Would be very happy to be a part of those guys lives too. If only Chris Remo would drop his restraining order against me. :(
Ahahaha. Yeah, it was kind of a surprise and it was only in relation to something he posted random this morning. Shit, I didn't even know people actually read stuff that was replied to them. Few people favourited it, too!

Hot scoops, all over my chest.

Rahk

Shaneus said:
Link?

Ice Magic is basically coconut oil with flavouring. That's why it goes hard when cold, soft when hot, and tastes good until you have too much and then feel sick.

Jintor

lol@shaneus, enjoy your hot scoops

I shouldn't have had a large pasta. Stomach is rebelling. I have a presentation in two hours. Gonna be awesome.

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:
lol@shaneus, enjoy your hot scoops

I shouldn't have had a large pasta. Stomach is rebelling. I have a presentation in two hours. Gonna be awesome.

jintor when i did presentation training back in the day this stuck with me

87% of what you think will happen does not

8% of what you think will happen does

5% of what happens is out of your control

thereforoe statistically you will be fine. Also you are never as bad as you think you look. Record yourself presenting and watch it, you will be surprised. Learnt that one at training as well.

and a pro tip for the lot of you, if you ever have to do a lengthy presentation. rehearse it, but rehearse teh first five minutes over and over again

why? because the first five is the time you are most nervous. if you can turn on autoplay and get through that, the rest will flow fine as you will be accustomed to being on the stage :)

midonnay

Sutton Dagger said:
In other news I feel like I'm getting back to my old self after dealing with Chronic Fatigue over the last few months, benched 100Kg today ;)

just stay away from water and you'll be fine....

HhMOA.png

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I've been playing Skylanders over the weekend, on the 3DS and Wii no loss.

inb4 'lolvookplaysakidsgame'

It's actaully good!

Deeku

So Jintor has a 13% chance of shitting his pants during the presentation!

Or 0.4% because I think you're supposed to multiply the probabilities and not sum them.

Shaneus

Choc said:
jintor when i did presentation training back in the day this stuck with me

87% of what you think will happen does not

8% of what you think will happen does

5% of what happens is out of your control

thereforoe statistically you will be fine. Also you are never as bad as you think you look. Record yourself presenting and watch it, you will be surprised. Learnt that one at training as well.

and a pro tip for the lot of you, if you ever have to do a lengthy presentation. rehearse it, but rehearse teh first five minutes over and over again

why? because the first five is the time you are most nervous. if you can turn on autoplay and get through that, the rest will flow fine as you will be accustomed to being on the stage :)
But then if he goes in thinking he's 100% fine, then statistically he'll only be 8% fine. Way to boost his confidence!

Satchel

Banned
I've decided to fight my OCD, and let go of a LOT of my retro gaming consoles and games/accessories.

I was going to post in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but I won't post outside Australia, so is it cool to mention stuff here?

I have my first child due in 2 weeks, and I need to tighten up the wallet, but I know myself too well. I'll want to buy new stuff, but won't be able to realistically afford to plonk the money down, especially not day one.

By selling a tonne of this stuff that I know I realistically won't use again, at least not in any meaningful way, I'll be able to keep updating.

Is posting it here cool? Anyone interested?

Choc

Banned
lol news limited

headline on daily tele

CARBON TAX LANDSLIDE

'Labor has slumped to 29%'

which uh is actually INCREASED on last week

how do you have a slump increase?

hamchan

Satchel said:
I've decided to fight my OCD, and let go of a LOT of my retro gaming consoles and games/accessories.

I was going to post in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but I won't post outside Australia, so is it cool to mention stuff here?

I have my first child due in 2 weeks, and I need to tighten up the wallet, but I know myself too well. I'll want to buy new stuff, but won't be able to realistically afford to plonk the money down, especially not day one.

By selling a tonne of this stuff that I know I realistically won't use again, at least not in any meaningful way, I'll be able to keep updating.

Is posting it here cool? Anyone interested?

Ya, post your stuff.

lolvookplaysakidsgame

Actually I am planning on picking it up. Really enjoyed the last few Spyro games, as long as Hobbit boy isn't doing the voice work this time. Bleh. Also the developers doing the 360 did the super cool Hardy Boys game!

Also Satchel post that stuff up! Although as someone with a kid I would recommend holding off on Day One purchases since you won't have much time for it for the first 6 weeks or so. A lot of other stuff to focus on. Once you get through that first 2 months though things will settle down.

I had KFC last night. Only because there was nothing to cook at home, and I was to lazy to go shopping, and KFC is 100 meters from my house.

Today I have an upset stomach.

Satchel

Banned
hamchan said:
Ya, post your stuff.

Atari 2600 console (non-wood finish version) boxed only used once.
(all following games not boxed)
- Adventure
- Air Sea Battle
- Asteroids
- Basketball
- Battle Zone
- Berzerk
- Donkey Kong
- Hey! Stop!
- Missile Command
- Othello
- Outlaw
- Pitfall II
- River Raid
- Space Invaders
- Venture

Atari Jaguar console boxed. Used once to make sure it was working. From the UK so will need an adapto for the power, but it works.

- Cybermorph which comes with the console
- Bubsy
- Doom
- Flashback
- Rayman (not boxed)

Nokia N-Gage (1st version) boxed

- Sonic N
- Tomb Raider (card only)
- Tony Hawks Pro Skater
- Virtua Tennis
- Ashen (card only)

Neo Geo Pocket Colour boxed. Clear light purple colour.

- Fatal Fury First Contact
- King of Fighters R2
- Metal Slug
- Pac-man
- Samurai Showdown
- Turf Masters

Right now that's it. I can't be bothered with eBay with this much to be honest, but I will if I have to. There will most likely be more, but I don't know if I can' let go of NES Deluxe Pack with Rob the Robot and the Zapper.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Satchel said:
Atari 2600 console (non-wood finish version) boxed only used once.
(all following games not boxed)
- Adventure
- Air Sea Battle
- Asteroids
- Basketball
- Battle Zone
- Berzerk
- Donkey Kong
- Hey! Stop!
- Missile Command
- Othello
- Outlaw
- Pitfall II
- River Raid
- Space Invaders
- Venture

Atari Jaguar console boxed. Used once to make sure it was working. From the UK so will need an adapto for the power, but it works.

- Cybermorph which comes with the console
- Bubsy
- Doom
- Flashback
- Rayman (not boxed)

Nokia N-Gage (1st version) boxed

- Sonic N
- Tomb Raider (card only)
- Tony Hawks Pro Skater
- Virtua Tennis
- Ashen (card only)

Neo Geo Pocket Colour boxed. Clear light purple colour.

- Fatal Fury First Contact
- King of Fighters R2
- Metal Slug
- Pac-man
- Samurai Showdown
- Turf Masters

Right now that's it. I can't be bothered with eBay with this much to be honest, but I will if I have to. There will most likely be more, but I don't know if I can' let go of NES Deluxe Pack with Rob the Robot and the Zapper.

Would be interested in the neogeo pocket + games and the jaguar + games.

I have no idea what these things are worth so let me know..

play Skylanders or Batman this week? Hmm.

a second reboot of Spyro. Blurgh! The first one was ill-advised.

Vivendi's fault first time, now activision's

Is Batman out Tuesday or Wednesday? Who has the best price instore?

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
Would be interested in the neogeo pocket + games and the jaguar + games.

I have no idea what these things are worth so let me know..
Damnit, that's the only thing I'd be interested in! No idea on price, either.

jambo

As they used to say, I'll pay dickety and five for the Neo Geo

We had to say "dickety" 'cause that Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty".

r1chard

Choc said:
lol news limited

headline on daily tele

CARBON TAX LANDSLIDE

'Labor has slumped to 29%'

which uh is actually INCREASED on last week

how do you have a slump increase?
If they keep that up they might even slump to victory at the next election ;-)

Clipper

Aspiring said:
Hey guys a few questions. Which is a better deal. EB games have Uncharted 3 special edition for $108 with a few preorder bonuses as well as a Nathan Drake replica ring.

GAME have the standard edition for $98 with a $30 PSN card. I really want the steelbook, but $30 PSN card! Please help.

Also how is GAME's online store. Quick and reliable?
I'd certainly take up that deal if I didn't need a new console to replace my resurrected from YLOD, but probably on its way out again PS3. Instead, my Uncharted 3 edition is going to be the US$314 version... for which the only extra is a PS3 console :p.

Also, yay for the dollar getting above parity again. Hopefully it goes up further by November so I can save a bit more money...

Jintor

Clipper said:
I'd certainly take up that deal if I didn't need a new console to replace my resurrected from YLOD, but probably on its way out again PS3. Instead, my Uncharted 3 edition is going to be the US$314 version... for which the only extra is a PS3 console :p.

Also, yay for the dollar getting above parity again. Hopefully it goes up further by November so I can save a bit more money...

Clipper!

Should I use USB Loader to rip Xenoblade Chronicles into something Dolphin can load? That's the preferred tool, right?

Jintor said:
Clipper!

Should I use USB Loader to rip Xenoblade Chronicles into something Dolphin can load? That's the preferred tool, right?

Wait....i can play wii games on my pc in a higher quality than the console? omg.

*runs to JB-hifi for wii-mote*

do i just need the controller, nunchuck and a wii sensor?

Top Bottom