• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Ventron said:
So, EB Expo. Was it worth it or not?

Didn't go this year, wondering if I should regret that.

Also interested in this! I was down at broadbeach sunday with girlfriend. We were wondering why it was so busy, i completely forgot eb expo was on until i saw people walking around with posters and a bunch of chicks in alienware t-shirts.

How did you guys go? How was the meetup?

ps. Gaz does this affect you?

Omikron

Choc said:
not yet but indy cars have never been redesigned when people die

where as F1 cars always are. It's also interesting to note that the FIA does not regulate the design of the cars like F1, only the tracks.

For example Massa would have died in his crash before Senna. The exact same thing happened to massa as senna and he survived. Not through luck, through changes to the cars.

Indy cars are also doing 200+mph a few metres from walls, doesn't really help.

jambo

Choc said:
For example Massa would have died in his crash before Senna. The exact same thing happened to massa as senna and he survived. Not through luck, through changes to the cars.

If the exact same thing happened, how can Massa surviving be put down to changes to the car? ;)

And it wasn't exactly the same. Massa got hit on the helmet by a piece of suspension from Barrichello's car and then hit a barrier.

Senna hit the wall and the force of the crash threw a piece of his own suspension up, which penetrated his skull after going through his helmet. He also died at the scene.

They made instant changes to the track at San Marino, but the safety changes took about 6 years to come in to effect (adoption of the HANS device).

Gazunta

Yeah I left KMM Games Brisbane a month and a half ago, thanks though everyone. New job is ace :)

Plus yeah of course the giant trucks of money that come in every day from doing the comics. *cough*

Speaking of which, new Presidog is up!

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
If the exact same thing happened, how can Massa surviving be put down to changes to the car? ;)

And it wasn't exactly the same. Massa got hit on the helmet by a piece of suspension from Barrichello's car and then hit a barrier.

Senna hit the wall and the force of the crash threw a piece of his own suspension up, which penetrated his skull after going through his helmet. He also died at the scene.

They made instant changes to the track at San Marino, but the safety changes took about 6 years to come in to effect (adoption of the HANS device).

Why does Brundle always say when talking about it, it was the same as Senna's?

Bernbaum

HEY GAZ LOOK WHAT WE PLAYED

pra6r.png

We pressed the living fuck out of that A button.

Gazunta

FUCK YES. EB LIVE VALIDATED.

Thanks guys :)

Bu bu bu this PRODUCT cannot be photographed or filmed

fuck I hate the word PRODUCT. Eggs are products. Games are not.

Omikron

Gazunta said:
FUCK YES. EB LIVE VALIDATED.

Thanks guys :)

Bu bu bu this PRODUCT cannot be photographed or filmed

fuck I hate the word PRODUCT. Eggs are products. Games are not.

Games are services?

Choc

Banned
it just gets worse for qantas

the woman whos child was lost, is a child protection worker

LOL

of all the occupations

Bernbaum said:
HEY GAZ LOOK WHAT WE PLAYED

pra6r.png

We pressed the living fuck out of that A button.
CANT YOU READ THE WARNING! GAZ HAS SENT OUT NINJAS TO YOUR HOUSE TO CONFISCATE YOU CAMERAZ!

markot said:
Shouldn't you not purchase games from closed down studios?!
Buy it used! Just don't tell cpp about it.

Gazunta said:
Yeah I left KMM Games Brisbane a month and a half ago, thanks though everyone. New job is ace :)

Plus yeah of course the giant trucks of money that come in every day from doing the comics. *cough*

Speaking of which, new Presidog is up!

Ahh ok glad to hear gaz, remember reading about it now but didn't really follow at the time.

Choc

Banned
LOL

ok first thing. That's a NZ based referee

2nd thing, that is quite frankly the worst red card i thin ki have ever seen. Wasn't even a yellow to be honest.

there were two players @ least covering the man with teh ball as well as the player that fould him

i mean what

thats a disgrace. Double yellow was a joke as well.

Omikron

Choc said:
LOL

ok first thing. That's a NZ based referee

2nd thing, that is quite frankly the worst red card i thin ki have ever seen. Wasn't even a yellow to be honest.

there were two players @ least covering the man with teh ball as well as the player that fould him

i mean what

thats a disgrace. Double yellow was a joke as well.

Wellington are fucked, Ifil injured and 2 x red cards.... with the tiny a-league squads, might be lucky to field a full team :p

jambo

Choc said:
Why does Brundle always say when talking about it, it was the same as Senna's?

Maybe because it was very similar. And Brundle isn't the be all and end all of Formula 1.

Massa surviving doesn't automatically prove that the safety improvements worked. They've definitely improved the safety when the cars roll and flip, but there's never much you're going to be able to do about flying debris and chunks of the car coming off.

Choc

Banned
Driver went head first into the barriers that stop the cars flying into the crowd and the rollbar had sheared off in the initial impact

fark

Aspiring

Hey guys a few questions. Which is a better deal. EB games have Uncharted 3 special edition for $108 with a few preorder bonuses as well as a Nathan Drake replica ring.

GAME have the standard edition for $98 with a $30 PSN card. I really want the steelbook, but $30 PSN card! Please help.

Also how is GAME's online store. Quick and reliable?

Kerrby

Banned
Choc said:
...and the rollbar had sheared off in the initial impact

._______________.

Unrelated, when does ice cream go off after its been opened? I had ice cream for breakfast and its been opened for about 5 months and now I think I'm going to have diarhorrea.

Deeku

Kerrby's parents must have left him alone at home, otherwise there is no reason for someone to eat ice cream for breakfast.

maybe check the expiry date

Kerrby said:
Unrelated, when does ice cream go off after its been opened? I had ice cream for breakfast and its been opened for about 5 months and now I think I'm going to have diarhorrea.
LOL
Your arse is going to be melting for the rest of the day.l

Aspiring said:
Hey guys a few questions. Which is a better deal. EB games have Uncharted 3 special edition for $108 with a few preorder bonuses as well as a Nathan Drake replica ring.

GAME have the standard edition for $98 with a $30 PSN card. I really want the steelbook, but $30 PSN card! Please help.

Also how is GAME's online store. Quick and reliable?
Damn that is a great deal. Wish I hadn't already bought 2 $30 cards from HN for 10% off.

I made a few orders from GAME last year and they were super quick. One arrived overnight and the others were 4-5 days at most. That is to Geelong. They also send them registered post so you need someone to sign for them at the door.

Also any chance of us getting the awesome figure edition? Would buy for $130 or so.

Shaneus

commanderdeek said:
Kerrby's parents must have left him alone at home, otherwise there is no reason for someone to eat ice cream for breakfast.

maybe check the expiry date
There's no reason to not eat icecream for breakfast. Unless you're mildly lactose intolerant, like I :(

Aspiring

reptilescorpio said:
LOL
Your arse is going to be melting for the rest of the day.l

Damn that is a great deal. Wish I hadn't already bought 2 $30 cards from HN for 10% off.

I made a few orders from GAME last year and they were super quick. One arrived overnight and the others were 4-5 days at most. That is to Geelong. They also send them registered post so you need someone to sign for them at the door.

Also any chance of us getting the awesome figure edition? Would buy for $130 or so.

Thanks for that. Now just to decide. I really want a steelbook, and the only good thing from EB is the replia ring, but im sure none of it is worth $30. Oh man i hate this bulshit, lol.

Deeku

Ice cream in my freezer becomes all weird looking and covered in ice after like a month:/ It's basically uneatable after that.

Aspiring said:
Thanks for that. Now just to decide. I really want a steelbook, and the only good thing from EB is the replia ring, but im sure none of it is worth $30. Oh man i hate this bulshit, lol.
I've got the UC2 Steelbook and I'm at the point now where I wish I just got the regular edition so I could put a custom case in it. Especially since UC1 is just a regular case. Plus the bonus stuff with the steelcase isn't worth the extra money. The ring would be nice though. The PS3 cover looks garbage. I JUST WANT TO FONDLE A NATHAN DRAKE FIGURE.

Shaneus

Anyone know how long it takes for stuff to ship from Apple? My 4S is due sometime 21-28 Oct, but I don't know what sort of updates to the order I should be seeing and when. I'm getting all antsy :/

Kerrby

Banned
midonnay said:
stuff in the freezer usually lasts for months.....

kerrby just has a girly stomach... :/

Yeah my stomach is pretty fucked :/.

I found some Ice Magic too and was shaking it at the ice cream but it was all blobbed up and stuck inside the bottle. That's been there longer than the ice cream :lol.

Okay, I'm going in. SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!

jambo

Kerrby said:
I found some Ice Magic too and was shaking it at the ice cream but it was all blobbed up and stuck inside the bottle. That's been there longer than the ice cream :lol.

I normally put the Ice Magic bottle in the microwave for 10 seconds with the cap open.

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
Anyone know how long it takes for stuff to ship from Apple? My 4S is due sometime 21-28 Oct, but I don't know what sort of updates to the order I should be seeing and when. I'm getting all antsy :/

go to an apple store they seem to hav a billion units (queues forever but they arent running out, which is kinda weird)

then cancel the online order

Rahk

jambo said:
Anyone here got a mechanical keyboard?

Looking through the keyboard thread in Gaming got me thinking about maybe upgrading from my ancient gen 1 G15
I've got a a Razer Blackwidow but would recommend getting something else.

The Leopold and Das Keyboards look nice on PCCG. Also, the new Corsair K60 looks pretty good, but don't think it's available here yet.

Oh shit, the iPhone that my partner dropped in the toilet on Saturday was left in a container with rice to dry, and now it bloody works... Only thing is the sim card slot isn't sitting entirely flush, maybe it warped a little with the water and heat? Pretty amazing.

Choc

Banned
Sutton Dagger said:
Oh shit, the iPhone that my partner dropped in the toilet on Saturday was left in a container with rice to dry, and now it bloody works... Only thing is the sim card slot isn't sitting entirely flush, maybe it warped a little with the water and heat? Pretty amazing.

oldest trick in the book sutton

works every time

Shaneus

Choc said:
go to an apple store they seem to hav a billion units (queues forever but they arent running out, which is kinda weird)

then cancel the online order
Any Apple outlet or does it have to be a fully-fledged Apple one? I suppose I could go pretty much anywhere that sells them outright, but I can't be fucked looking TBH. I just want to bitch and moan that it hasn't been sent yet ;)

Top Bottom