• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

VOOK said:
I've been playing Skylanders over the weekend, on the 3DS and Wii no loss.

inb4 'lolvookplaysakidsgame'

It's actaully good!
Damit I have to order the US 3DS one from Play Asia now :(

Its local multiplayer isn't it for the 3DS?

Stackboy

Ausgaf, what have I missed in the last week? Been busy with training and sociable activities (honest!!).

EB Expo was good fun, Soul Calibur 5 feels like Soul Calibur. Yep.

Shaneus

So, I've posted this in the ringtone thread but they must be a bunch of surly bastards who don't want to help a fellow GAFfer out. But you guys are different... right? Guys?
Shaneus said:
Can anyone be a dear and rehost (Mediafire is probably the best) the Achievement Unlocked m4r tone? Games sites are blocked at work (however GAF isn't. Go figure).
It's on Major Nelson's blog, I believe.

Omi said:
*crying smiley*

Marshmellow said:
This is maddeningly simple......spose i was acctually asking do i NEED a sensor etc for zelda for instance? or will it work with just a controller and the joysticks?
Some games require the sensor but I have gotten by without it on most of the time unless it is needed for aiming. No More Heroes is one that you don't need it for. Also any game that makes use of the classic controller.

Gazunta said:
So as some of you know I bought a 4S on Saturday for myself and a HTC Evo 3D for the wife. We transferred to Telstra at the same time, and we're still waiting for the numbers to port over :(
Really? I went from Telstra to Optus and my number took about 30 seconds to swap over so I could start making calls.

Satchel said:
There will most likely be more, but I don't know if I can' let go of NES Deluxe Pack with Rob the Robot and the Zapper.
If it's the one with the grey zapper and Mario/Duck Hunt cartridges that are separate, might be worth holding on to. I had this same set and you almost never see it anywhere.

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
*crying smiley*

Some games require the sensor but I have gotten by without it on most of the time unless it is needed for aiming. No More Heroes is one that you don't need it for. Also any game that makes use of the classic controller.

Really? I went from Telstra to Optus and my number took about 30 seconds to swap over so I could start making calls.

Did you do it during an iphone launch week? the provisioning servers would be smashed to bits right now

Choc said:
:O

Its a knock out is confirmed to be back on Ten in 2012 AND

AND

the commentators are Roy and HG

As a child of the 80's I can't tell you how god damn happy this news makes me. Who'd be a good modern day Jackie MacDonald to be the awesome interviewer on the ground with people competing.

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
And nothing of value was lost on that day. The 90's were well and truly over.
I very recently learnt that Zoli Teglas, singer for hardcore band Ignite, is the replacement singer for Pennywise. One of the few frontmen in the punkrock game who can actually sing and it will be interesting to hear how he gels with Pennywise's sound.

Kerrby

Banned
VOOK said:
I've been playing Skylanders over the weekend, on the 3DS and Wii no loss.

inb4 'lolvookplaysakidsgame'

It's actaully good!

I think the lack of good games on Nintendo consoles has gone to your head. The game looks awful on 3DS.

I would punch you Omi if I didn't already assume you were waiting on the PC version too. :(

BanShunsaku said:
So my JB is selling Batmens. I think everyone is now huzzah!
Price? No. No. I have an exam on Friday, I can't justify picking it up now. Plus I already bought a PC copy.

Ah fuck it, maybe EBGames here will break too. Or I can trick the ditzy chick at Harvey Norman to let me have at it.

jambo said:
Dig Out Your Soul was a brilliant album.
I was disapoint. Just didn't click for me. Not as enjoyable as the first couple of albums.

Bernbaum said:
I very recently learnt that Zoli Teglas, singer for hardcore band Ignite, is the replacement singer for Pennywise. One of the few frontmen in the punkrock game who can actually sing and it will be interesting to hear how he gels with Pennywise's sound.
Didn't they already come out with him for Soundwave last/this year? I recall hearing about the changeover a while back. Won't feel the same though. I'm sure I will get used to it eventually.

mandiller

Gazunta said:
No idea about the street date, but Brendan Brewer's already reviewed it.

So as some of you know I bought a 4S on Saturday for myself and a HTC Evo 3D for the wife. We transferred to Telstra at the same time, and we're still waiting for the numbers to port over :(

booo-urns :(
I was waiting for Vodafone to port my number from my regular sim to a new micro sim after I bought a 4S on Friday morning. It only completed the transfer on Saturday afternoon for me. Hang in there!

Btw, my story in the sad state of the Australian video game industry should be up on ABC News Online soon (with any luck). I'll give a link when it's up.

Kritz

Banned
sigh

$700 in surgery for my 10+ year old cat, he's finally running around and looks a lot better. He "thanks" us by bringing a bird to our doorstep. The bird was still alive and able to fly off once I got the cat to spit it out, at least. The cat hasn't caught an actual living thing for about four years, he usually just brings dead leaves from nearby trees.

As much as I love my cats, they're real assholes sometimes.

(We adopted this cat at some point so we didn't really have the ability to make it be an indoor cat, which would have been a lot better for the local wildlife)

:\

Clipper

Jintor said:
Clipper!

Should I use USB Loader to rip Xenoblade Chronicles into something Dolphin can load? That's the preferred tool, right?
If you want to experience both USB Loading and Dolphin emulation got with Cfg. If you just want to do the Dolphin stuff, CleanRip is probably easier for you to get going (although I've never used it and can't really help with queries).

Choc said:

Its a knock out is confirmed to be back on Ten in 2012 AND

AND

the commentators are Roy and HG

You just made my day, mate. So very VERY awesome.

Worthintendo said:
As a child of the 80's I can't tell you how god damn happy this news makes me. Who'd be a good modern day Jackie MacDonald to be the awesome interviewer on the ground with people competing.
It was Fiona MacDonald, Jackie's sister, but yeah, I wonder too...

jambo

Kritz said:
sigh

$700 in surgery for my 10+ year old cat, he's finally running around and looks a lot better. He "thanks" us by bringing a bird to our doorstep. The bird was still alive and able to fly off once I got the cat to spit it out, at least. The cat hasn't caught an actual living thing for about four years, he usually just brings dead leaves from nearby trees.

My housemate's cat likes to bring lizards and beetles inside, then chase them around and half eat them =/

Kritz

Banned
conversely my dog likes to shit on everything and then eat his own shit and then shit it out again.

It's like inception but with shit.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kerrby said:
I think the lack of good games on Nintendo consoles has gone to your head. The game looks awful on 3DS.

Who said anything about what it looks like?

Clipper said:
If you want to experience both USB Loading and Dolphin emulation got with Cfg. If you just want to do the Dolphin stuff, CleanRip is probably easier for you to get going (although I've never used it and can't really help with queries).

You just made my day, mate. So very VERY awesome.

It was Fiona MacDonald, Jackie's sister, but yeah, I wonder too...
Huh I checked IMBD to be sure and it said Jackie was on it as well, I could have sworn it was Jackie doing the interviews and stuff, need to trackdown some footage on Youtube to remind myself

Kerrby said:
Really? I think the 3DS one looks fine, am interested to see it in motion.

Clipper

Oh, the person doing Fiona Mac's job is already determined. Charli Robinson from Hi-5 apparently. Interesting choice, but not a bad one.

Oh, but that article only lists HG, not Roy (with Brad McEwan as the other host). Choc, did you post without full info again?

Worthintendo said:
Huh I checked IMBD to be sure and it said Jackie was on it as well, I could have sworn it was Jackie doing the interviews and stuff, need to trackdown some footage on Youtube to remind myself
I think Jacki may have been a guest judge a few times, but Fiona was the permanent host.

Choc

Banned
Worthintendo said:

they've chosen Charli Robinson

Top Bottom