• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kritz

Banned
I've drunk nothing but water, tea, coffee (espresso, latte, long black), energy drinks, iced coffee, coke, pepsi, orange juice, vodka, orange juice and vodka and beer the last half week.

Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Also, I haven't gotten stronger.

Salazar said:
Oh, and rofl at that stupid bitch of an English teacher in the SMH today.

Says she thinks all this talk about poor literacy skills in schoolkids is nonsense, because "her boys" are turning in wonderful essays.

She teaches at Knox Grammar.

Some kids turn up with the most abysmal skills. She sounds like she is high in an ivory tower.

Jintor said:
12 minutes into Xenoblade, and I'm super impressed. No idea why NOA wouldn't localise this. Also, British actors, a nice change from the normal set. Only thing that's bugging me right now is that my controller seems to have a constant drift to the right for some reason and I can't figure out what's annoying that.
They don't give a shit about us. Which sucks because if they put the full weight of the Nintendo marketing machine behind it I think it would have done very well.

Also try re-syncing your controller or resetting it in Dolphin to fix the drag, had it happen to me a few times when using Motioninjoy a while back.

ClivePwned said:
I got more pages with DLC codes than manual with Batman.
They really should have just printed it on the back of the jacket rather than bother chucking in another little slip of paper.

guidop said:
Fanastic, it was super underrated last gen
Yeah I really enjoyed it. Nice change of pace and loved the presentation.

VOOK said:
I've drunk nothing but water and tea for two days.
Same here. Well, aside from some scotch. Job and uni aren't going too well at the moment. :(
Time to look for a new job again! Preferably with a company with a half a brain this time, morons make Deakin look like Apple.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reptilescorpio said:
They don't give a shit about us. Which sucks because if they put the full weight of the Nintendo marketing machine behind it I think it would have done very well.

Also try re-syncing your controller or resetting it in Dolphin to fix the drag, had it happen to me a few times when using Motioninjoy a while back.

They really should have just printed it on the back of the jacket rather than bother chucking in another little slip of paper.

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Nice change of pace and loved the presentation.

Same here. Well, aside from some scotch. Job and uni aren't going too well at the moment. :(
Time to look for a new job again! Preferably with a company with a half a brain this time, morons make Deakin look like Apple.

NOA = America in this instance I'm sure...

HolyCheck said:
NOA = America in this instance I'm sure...
I assumed as much. A game like TLS isn't seen as a profitable enough venture by Nintendo which is really disappointing as it had huge potential to light a fire under Wii sales. It really is one of the best games released this generation and I feel it will be appreciated even more in 5-10 years time.
When I say us I mean us gamers.

I assume the response at NoA was to reduce costs and possible losses rather than drop $10 million on a marketing blitz. Look to the 3DS and the WiiU in the future.

Jintor

Yeah, forgot about it... isn't it released here? Pretty sure it is. Just saying, poor yanks.

Xenoblade is wonderful. No idea what NintedoAmerica is doing.

All the localisation work is done already though, all they'd be shilling on is marketing and distribution...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Twitter doesn't even show up in my notification center under settings on the iPhone. Guess that's why it's not working and i have nfi why it isn't there.

It is on my 3G/iOS5!

Guess it needs a restore.

Echoplx

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but can anyone recommend some Multivitamins, specifically for helping with stress and increasing blood circulation?

That's probably too vague but I don't have any experience with this stuff.

3chopl0x said:
Probably the wrong place to ask this, but can anyone recommend some Multivitamins, specifically for helping with stress and increasing blood circulation?
WKcY9.jpg

Non troll answer? Go to your local pharmacy and check through the wall of vitamins for one that specifically targets blood circulation. Or ask some old people. My mum gets really had foot cramps at night and has always rubbed deep heat into them and works a treat apparently.

Echoplx

:< Not amused

I've been reading up and apparently Vitamin C, E and D are good for what I need. I'll try deep heat and see if that helps as well.

guidop

3chopl0x said:

Do you go to the gym? Lifting weights would work better then any vitamin, any regular exercise too

Echoplx

guidop said:
Do you go to the gym? Lifting weights would work better then any vitamin, any regular exercise too

Nah don't go to the gym and probably never could, Socially awkward that way. I'm going to start exercising more because I do spend most of my time in front of a computer.

JaseC said:
Meadow Springs is literally 10 minutes away. What a tease. :(
Tinyeye has always failed me. AusGAF is a quiet enough thread for me ask who is that lovely woman in your avatar?

Also I don't see any towns near my parents place on the NBN homepage. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
reptilescorpio said:
Tinyeye has always failed me. AusGAF is a quiet enough thread for me ask who is that lovely woman in your avatar?

It's
still
Saoirse Ronan. (Google's reverse image search is better than Tineye, by the way.)

Edit: Alternatively, what 3chopl0x said. :p

Jintor

3chopl0x said:
Nah don't go to the gym and probably never could, Socially awkward that way. I'm going to start exercising more because I do spend most of my time in front of a computer.

get some dumbells, work out in front of your computer, shout embarrassing slogans like banzai

actually don't do that last bit

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So I think my power supply just blew. Goodbye, non-Mac PC gaming, for now.

Echoplx

Went to quote you JaseC but decided not to;

ibiIeDVvJGQ8e4.png

I also have a 'thing' for her in a non-weird way, I watched Hana and The Way Back recently, Hana was a bit meh but The Way Back was pretty good.

JaseC said:
It's
still
Saoirse Ronan. (Google's reverse image search
Extension added. Had no idea it even came out. Works way better.
Hopefully the next Chrome upgrade will add another homepage tab for Extensions rather than having to go through the menus.

Dead Man said:
Bloody hell that is quite the url. She looks like Chloë Sevignys prettier sister.
They both remind me of Mélanie Laurent for some reason (in a good way).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, when I pasted the URL into the reply text box I thought I had accidentally done so twice. :p

3chopl0x said:
I also have a 'thing' for her in a non-weird way, I watched Hana and The Way Back recently, Hana was a bit meh but The Way Back was pretty good.

I enjoyed Hanna overall, but there's no denying the script's downward spiral that begins after the opening 20-odd minutes. The Way Back is great, however; Harris and Ronan played the impromptu father and daughter dynamic well, and there's some gorgeous cinematography.

markot

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
VOYio.gif
ZOMG
Mari0

Imagine playing Sonic the Hedgehog with this kind of portal play? Would be insanely fun.
A sonic game would be awful cause its sonic and he is awful as are all his games circa recently and even 10 years!

Salazar said:
While we're at it, who is deek's avatar ?
rIBwI.jpg

By the power of Google Image Search Extension (or GISE from henceforth) it is the lovely Angela Aki, jPOP artist and the singer-songwriter of the theme song for FFXII.

markot said:
A sonic game would be awful cause its sonic and he is awful as are all his games circa recently and even 10 years!
Don't make me come in there! Jintor can back me up once he locates a copy of Colours to run on Dolphin.

Salazar

I can't hate. I'd be into J-pop if it weren't a full time job keeping up with the bizarrely full-speed tumult that is K-pop.

And damn, she is mega-fine. I am waiting for animated avatars to come back. Dancing Tiffany will return, one day.

Deeku

Welp, if anyone likes Sarah McLachlan inspired piano ballad heavy jpop, check her stuff out!

Might cleanse your soul of the devil's music some of you guys listen to:p
and I don't mean kpop lol

hamchan said:
I used to like J-Pop. Now I like K-pop.
*shakes fist*

Cohsae

3chopl0x said:

I don't know of any vitamin that's going to cure your stress. Figure out what meks you stressed and try to deal with it. If it's something unavoidable (e.g. work) I'd say relaxation typey stuff is a better bet, things that will actually relax your mind and make you feel calmer/in control.

As for increasing circulation, why do you need to (or think you need to) increase your circulation?

Oh and as for the socially awkward about going to the gym thing, man no one there cares. No one is there to judge you. Go in, put your headphones on, tear shit up, leave and feel good.

Just watching the video for the Somewhere Back In Time tour for Iron Maiden. Hallowed Be Thy Name is still my favourite metal song. They also still rock harder than they ever have before. Puts a lot of bands to shame.

Ydahs said:
markot
Banned

Okay, which Sonic loving mod did this?
I like to think it was the Sonic comment that got him banned.

Arkham City is certainly a quality product. I'm not usually a fan of brawler games but this is great.

Is it me or is AC holding your hand a little more than the start of the first game?

If you're going to fire off a racist remark you might as well make it a double.

Reduces the risk that one country will miss your barbed remark.

I hates it when a country is too stupid to realize they are being made fun of. I'm making fun of you, you stupid country, at least show me enough respect to know it.

Top Bottom