• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

RandomVince said:
I had the joy of using those shitty Macs for scanning, then trying to ftp them to physics Sun SPARC systems. Or whatever. Suns worked, Macs didn't, so had to detour via windows boxes. Unnecessarily fucked.
You weren't trying to use the Finder as your FTP client on the Mac were you? If that's the case no wonder you hate computers.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Canada's Research In Motion will offer free premium apps worth more than $US100 to appease BlackBerry customers frustrated by service disruption last week which ran for days and affected millions.

Choc!

Free stuff for us!

So i was in Brisbane City EB today. This guy was getting his collectors of Arkham City talking to the staff, but there is supposedly a problem with the distributor. Anyhow long story short, he paid off his collectors copy, they gave him a free standard edition and he also gets his collectors edition when it comes in.

So if anyone else has this case, you can probably talk your way into a free copy.

./enjoy

Yagharek

endlessflood said:
You weren't trying to use the Finder as your FTP client on the Mac were you? If that's the case no wonder you hate computers.

Nfi. The machines used to crash every twenty minutes, more often if you were trying to use some resource hungry program like mathematica or matlab. Ftp was the least of the problems.

And installing debian on a generic laptop. That caused tears.

Choc

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Canada's Research In Motion will offer free premium apps worth more than $US100 to appease BlackBerry customers frustrated by service disruption last week which ran for days and affected millions.

Choc!

Free stuff for us!

EXCEPT

Australia wasn't affected so we may not get it.

Choc

Banned
Marshmellow said:
So i was in Brisbane City EB today. This guy was getting his collectors of Arkham City talking to the staff, but there is supposedly a problem with the distributor. Anyhow long story short, he paid off his collectors copy, they gave him a free standard edition and he also gets his collectors edition when it comes in.

So if anyone else has this case, you can probably talk your way into a free copy.

./enjoy

wait what, surely he has to return the original under 7 day thingy

elfinke

Salazar said:
b) The iOS version of Football Manager is pretty weak. That's the only one I've tried, and I felt like deleting it.

This opinion is bad and I'm returning back from my self-imposed 'GAF holiday just to reply. Not even Bolt getting the Ernie award or Telstra passing the NBN handshake managed that.

iOS FMH is brilliant if you keep your expectations in check. FM on the PC is such an unbelievably wonderful game these days, whereas FMH is still based on the CM3 engine from over a decade ago, with a small handful of FM features circa-05 added (like the 2d match engine, which is bad).

The game itself, if you have been playing since CM3 or CM01/02 is a marvelous throwback, and a delight to play.

Nothing like whipping it out while lining up to buy milk to quickly continue a game only to find yourself annoyed when you are now at the front of the line and 1-0 down in the 75th despite packing a 60/40 possession advantage...

Gazunta

Do it, what are they gonna do, fire you from Vooks?

I'm at the end of my fucking rope with this porting to Telstra bullshit. I JUST WANT MY FUCKING PHONE TO WORK. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE PERSONAL CALLS DURING THE DAY.

Salazar

elfinke said:
This opinion is bad and I'm returning back from my self-imposed 'GAF holiday just to reply.

tumblr_lry27lgcz71qf2oeuvo.gif

iOS games, yo. No accounting for taste in em. You're probably right about expectations.

Bernbaum

HERE IS SOMETHING STUPID IN THE WORLD WORTH GETTING UPSET OVER. CAPSLOCK FONT ETC.

In Queensland, it is illegal to advertise happy hours. You can have them, just not advertise them externally.

I found this out because I found this website that helps people find happy hours in their area at a specified time of the week. It served Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Adelaide and not Brisbane?!?! GET OUT! I wanted to know why Sadelaide and why not Brisbawesome...

Here's the general law; and here's the gritty details.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
Do it, what are they gonna do, fire you from Vooks?

I'm at the end of my fucking rope with this porting to Telstra bullshit. I JUST WANT MY FUCKING PHONE TO WORK. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE PERSONAL CALLS DURING THE DAY.

This is more a personal rant about my current financial position.

Oh yeah and I wrote a story this morning saying this way coming, but since no one proofed it now we look slow.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/wii-155824-Wii-Console---Blue-Nintendo-Wii

Ydahs

Bernbaum said:
HERE IS SOMETHING STUPID IN THE WORLD WORTH GETTING UPSET OVER. CAPSLOCK FONT ETC.

In Queensland, it is illegal to advertise happy hours. You can have them, just not advertise them externally.

I found this out because I found this website that helps people find happy hours in their area at a specified time of the week. It served Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Adelaide and not Brisbane?!?! GET OUT! I wanted to know why Sadelaide and why not Brisbawesome...

Here's the general law; and here's the gritty details.
H-happy... hour? What is this happy hour you speak of?

Gazunta

Damnit they should have made that Wii banana yellow.

Rant away Vook, rant away.

My happy hour is the hour I spend a day commuting to and from work on a practically empty highway laughing at the traffic reports on the radio.

jambo

Bernbaum said:

Because we're Radelaide.

Clipper

Ooh, new Wii console colours. Time to start spamming about the Ambassador program again...

Or not, I guess that has gotten a bit old. Sucks that I'm only 6 Wiis away from getting all Nintendo's SNES and N64 VC games for free, though.

Oh damn it, I just can't help it. Has anyone got or is getting or knows of an Aussie Wii that hasn't been on the Wii shop (or only first connected 30 days ago)? If you do, by me helping you get the Wii online, we each get 500 free Nintendo coins to spend and it brings me one step closer to getting those free games. Only takes a few minutes to set up, and AusGAF has already helped me get most of the way there, so it would be great to get those last few systems racked up...

Jintor

12 minutes into Xenoblade, and I'm super impressed. No idea why NOA wouldn't localise this. Also, British actors, a nice change from the normal set. Only thing that's bugging me right now is that my controller seems to have a constant drift to the right for some reason and I can't figure out what's annoying that.

Gazunta

I'm never going to get my number ported over. Ever. I might as well just resign myself to having what is essentially a new model iPod Touch.

I'm going to draw a comic about Batman tonight.

Gazunta said:
Damnit they should have made that Wii banana yellow.

Rant away Vook, rant away.

My happy hour is the hour I spend a day commuting to and from work on a practically empty highway laughing at the traffic reports on the radio.
You shut up...I've been stuck in city traffic since 5 pm.

hamchan

Batman finished! Buy this game people!

Also: Do I have to pre-order BF3 to get the Karkand stuff or can I just go in store and buy the LE day one.

midonnay

RandomVince said:
I was thinking of that exact same lab. I gave up on mathematica assignments in first year thanks to them.

at least you guys got imacs.....

we had power macs.... 6000 or 7000 series I think if my memory matches wiki pics

comp sci labs had the imacs....with those shitty circle mice :/

Jintor said:
I liked Spirit Tracks. Not as memorable to me as Phantom Hourglass.

I played most of Spirit Tracks on trains...
The irony was not lost on me, good sir.

Agyar said:
AusGAF is, for some reason, continually surprised that there are members with little or no interest in PC gaming.
Stupid riffraff not wanting to be part of the master race. But they'll mist out on the sense of smugness and superiority?

Marshmellow said:

./enjoy
Hmmmmmm... I thought this was going to be a case where they were "lending out" copies that they would sell for new in 7 days time. Keeping it, though... no, surely not...

Gazunta

roosters93 said:
I think Apple didn't take too kindly to the latest Presidog Gaz.
Ha!! Oh Presidog you lovable scamp. You'll be the death of me.

Doing my nightly ritual of calling Telstra. FUN TIMES. On twitter they told someone ports aren't processed after 5pm, and then told me ports get processed until 8pm. Hahaha awesome.

hamchan

DeathJr said:
You finished it overnight? How long/short is it?

A good length. I can't find an in game timer but I definitely played over 10 overs and I didn't do that many sidequests.

Also i'm 2nd in the world in the 2nd combat challenge heh.

hamchan

3chopl0x said:
I played the original for longer than that, you must have really rushed it.

Like I said, it was mostly the main story. I didn't bother searching for Riddler trophies unless they were in my path, like the first game I'll be saving all those for my second playthrough. I did however look around a lot of the areas for easter eggs and to listen to dialog.

Gazunta

roosters93 said:
I think Apple didn't take too kindly to the latest Presidog Gaz.
Ha!! Oh Presidog you lovable scamp. You'll be the death of me.

Doing my nightly ritual of calling Telstra. FUN TIMES. On twitter they told someone ports aren't processed after 5pm, and then told me ports get processed until 8pm. Hahaha awesome.

Then they couldn't find any record of my order. Then they could. Then they said there's a delay with porting since there's an error with the porting system.

On hold again.

WILL GOOGLE HURRY UP AND TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY PLEASE

Salazar

Gazunta said:
WILL GOOGLE HURRY UP AND TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY PLEASE

Nope. Evisu.

Buy clothes. Minutes later, an email saying "Your order has shipped".

If I were responsible for those confirmation emails, they would be titled "BAM MOTHERFUCKER".

Salazar

Oh, and rofl at that stupid bitch of an English teacher in the SMH today.

Says she thinks all this talk about poor literacy skills in schoolkids is nonsense, because "her boys" are turning in wonderful essays.

She teaches at Knox Grammar.

Top Bottom