• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Rahk said:
I just tried adding Shure to my account at earphone solutions and it seems to go through to the checkout. Cod, do you remember when it told you that you couldn't get them shipped to Australia? Was it after you put in credit card details etc.?
It took all my credit card details, a charge went onto the card and everything looked hunky dory. Next day I received an email telling me they couldn't ship to Australia and would I want to cancel the order or order some Westones. I cancelled.

If there's a good deal it couldn't hurt to try.

Andy just made super clear that Google's "very close" to coming up with a digital download store, that'll include "a little twist." "It won't just be buying songs for 99 cents."

A lot of interesting stuff coming out of this AsiaD thing I've never heard of.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/liveblog-from-asiad-andy-rubin-svp-of-mobile-at-google/?sort=newest&refresh=30

Rahk

codswallop said:
It took all my credit card details, a charge went onto the card and everything looked hunky dory. Next day I received an email telling me they couldn't ship to Australia and would I want to cancel the order or order some Westones. I cancelled.

If there's a good deal it couldn't hurt to try.
Fair enough.

The Fedex shipping would bring it up to like $120 with a coupon anyway, so he'd probably be better off getting it from DJ Warehouse as mentioned by deek either way.

Shaneus, commanderdeek, codswallop, Rahk: I send you +500 InternetRespect Points each. You have made my choice infinitely simultaneously easier and harder.

Rahk, I just noticed that, too. This has put the Sennys back into the lead. The only earphones that I currently have/can find are some stock ones that I got with my Creative Zen 10 years ago. They were designed to injure the ear. Horribly.

Shaneus, I have noted your recommendation of the media player. I've been possible looking for something more... activity resistant than my iPod Classic for running. I have also filed the picture of your hand away for... future reference. Do you have any pictures of the media player in front of you silky thighs?

commanderdeek said:
Right, they're back in contention, then.

Rahk said:
Jase, if you use earphone solutions look for a coupon code! AUSTRALIA = 10% off and there might even be better ones.

I just tried adding Shure to my account at earphone solutions and it seems to go through to the checkout. Cod, do you remember when it told you that you couldn't get them shipped to Australia? Was it after you put in credit card details etc.?
I saw that code, earlier. With the expensive courier option it puts the price equal with the local seller. Like I said before, I'm not sure if I want to chance the cheap, no insurance style shipping on a $100 product when I'm not sure what their customer service is like. With Amazon, I know they'll resend, replace or refund anything, so there's no risk. Can anyone vouch for the customer service of earphonesolutions.com?

Rahk said:
But yeah, if running is going to be involved I probably wouldn't even bother with anything Sennheiser apart from the sports in-ear model, which appears to be $130 at JB. All the other models appear to be pretty flimsy.

The over ear design of the SE215 prevent them from easily falling out, and they isolate outside noise pretty well so you won't need to blast music to be able to hear it while running. You'll probably still be able to hear yourself running, but I doubt this is avoidable even with the sports model Sennheisers.
Awww... you and codswallop make a mighty fine tag team.

SmokinDan said:
Hello AusGAF!

My account was finally activated.

I'm a Perth Gaffer :)
Hello, Dan. I hope your smokin is due to some heightened attractiveness and not due to flame related injuries. It is hard to tell over the internets.

Do you play game? Do you play game often? Do like like to talk of play game that you had? If so, you may leave the way you entered. This is not the place for you. You have made an error.

If, however, you like to tell tale of games bought, and unassailable backloggery, you should grab a seat.

SmokinDan said:
Hello AusGAF!

My account was finally activated.

I'm a Perth Gaffer :)
PC gamer? Steam ID? Jump in the AusGAF chat on Steam for fun times!
Hot or Not: Ricki Lee (circa 2005 or 2011), Ella Morton, Karen Gillian?
Thoughts on day one dlc codes?
Occupation that could be beneficial to a self sufficient society?
jPOP or kPOP?
Phone usage on the can: Yay or Nay?
Where is the best place to pick up RAGE without resorting to Russian VPN?
If there is one position you could get Presidog into, what would it be?
Are you related to SmokyDave?
Kooka Country Cookies. You now owe us all a pack.
Welcome!

Also if you Reverse Image Search your avatar it brings up some NSFW fan fiction for C&H which makes you an even more welcome addition!

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
Hot or Not: Ricki Lee (circa 2005 or 2011), Ella Morton, Karen Gillian?
Thoughts on day one dlc codes?
Occupation that could be beneficial to a self sufficient society?
jPOP or kPOP?
Phone usage on the can: Yay or Nay?
Where is the best place to pick up RAGE without resorting to Russian VPN?
If there is one position you could get Presidog into, what would it be?
Are you related to SmokyDave?
Kooka Country Cookies. You now owe us all a pack.
Welcome!
No; Bernbaum; no thank you.
Hot 2003 through present; Hot; Hot
Don't care
Space Palaeontologist
Thrash metal
yay
6 months from now when it's at import prices at my JB's bargain bin
I would hope Presidog would get me into a position
Vice President
I'm taller than SmokyDave but he may have fathered an ancestor for all I know.
I don't owe anyone anything

Demon's Run was awesome. I hadn't seen the last two episodes of the first half of Doctor Who season six when they were on TV but got the Bluray set and finally watched the last ep last week.

Whoah. I never would have picked THAT was who River Song actually was.

I had to order the Bluray set of the the rest of the season before the end credits had finished rolling

Batman is good. But I would kill for a Rocksteady-made Catwoman game.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
PC gamer? Steam ID? Jump in the AusGAF chat on Steam for fun times!Caradoc123.
Hot or Not: Ricki Lee (circa 2005 or 2011), Ella Morton, Karen Gillian?Nar. Tiffany Hwang.
Thoughts on day one dlc codes?BULLSHIT.
Occupation that could be beneficial to a self sufficient society?Humanities academic.
jPOP or kPOP?lol
Phone usage on the can: Yay or Nay?Yay.
Where is the best place to pick up RAGE without resorting to Russian VPN?Dunno.
If there is one position you could get Presidog into, what would it be?Dunno.
Are you related to SmokyDave?Intimately.
Kooka Country Cookies. You now owe us all a pack.Get fucked.
Welcome!

SmokinDan

reptilescorpio said:
PC gamer? Steam ID? Jump in the AusGAF chat on Steam for fun times! Already in there. I managed to sneak in when it was still public :)
Hot or Not: Ricki Lee (circa 2005 or 2011), Ella Morton, Karen Gillian? Ricki Lee isn't hot. Ella and Karen are. The chick of Letters and Numbers is great, too.
Thoughts on day one dlc codes? Shit.
Occupation that could be beneficial to a self sufficient society? Accountant (I am one!) Gotta ration out all that food
jPOP or kPOP? Neither. The Mars Volta
Phone usage on the can: Yay or Nay? For sure.
Where is the best place to pick up RAGE without resorting to Russian VPN? OzGameshop isn't bad. A few key sites have non-Russian keys too
If there is one position you could get Presidog into, what would it be? On his back.
Are you related to SmokyDave? We are mortal enemies.
Kooka Country Cookies. You now owe us all a pack. What the hell are these?

Welcome!

Answers and thanks for the welcome/s.

I hope I passed the test.

Hi smokydan
My Xbox tag is smokymonk ha
Thanks Microsoft name generator

remz said:
Audio Technica Ad900, or Alessandro MS-1s for me... guarantee they own every other headphone in this thread P:
Yeah the next non in ear 'phones I get will probably be Audio technica.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
SmokinDan said:
Answers and thanks for the welcome/s.
Hot or Not: Ricki Lee (circa 2005 or 2011), Ella Morton, Karen Gillian? Ricki Lee isn't hot. Ella and Karen are. The chick of Letters and Numbers is great, too.
I hope I passed the test.

I like you.

Bernbaum

Salazar said:
Mad Men season 4

YEAAAH, Don bounced the slender secretary with a slight overbite. Unf.
I'm up to episode 5 on disc one. That chick was always hot in a librarian kind of way.

I'd hang out and be internet friends with you, but I got Fifa 12 on iPad and the controls are the same old compromised faux-gamepad that puts me off playing those sorts of games on a touch-only device. You and I have differences now.

guidop

There are Letters and Numbers screening attendence posters up in my uni, if i wasn't such a lazy sod i'd go just to check that ass in person

thankfully there is ozcelebs. If you ever have to check any aussie female tv presenter ozcelebs will scratch that itch

edit: That wig is ridiculous, well worth the laugh. Perhaps I'll have a look in to attending a screening of letters and numbers

guidop said:
There are Letters and Numbers screening attendence posters up in my uni, if i wasn't such a lazy sod i'd go just to check that ass in person

thankfully there is ozcelebs. If you ever have to check any aussie female tv presenter ozcelebs will scratch that itch

edit: That wig is ridiculous, well worth the laugh. Perhaps I'll have a look in to attending a screening of letters and numbers
There is a Kerri Anne kenerley thread on that site. :l

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SmokinDan fails the Kooka Country Cookies requirement. That's a perm ban.

Megadrive said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcCC2g1Ke0&feature=player_embedded#!

WATCH THIS. RIGHT NOW. SERIOUSLY. (YOU NEED SOUND.)
Yeah, Michael Sheen is pretty cool hey

But seriously thats awesome. And he's the sound effects guy from Police Academy? Nice.
What tv show is that?

Pretty sure its either milktea or the same as my gaf account.

Hot or Not: Ricki Lee (circa 2005 or 2011), Ella Morton, Karen Gillian?No, no, ARGHH KAREN GILLIAN!?!?! RAGE. she almost ruined doctor who >.>
Thoughts on day one dlc codes? What happened to anticipation of more to come?
Occupation that could be beneficial to a self sufficient society? farmer, no doubt.
jPOP or kPOP? K-pop bands that sing in Japanese :p
Phone usage on the can: Yay or Nay? ew.
Where is the best place to pick up RAGE without resorting to Russian VPN? Weren't you guys bagging out how boring this game was?
If there is one position you could get Presidog into, what would it be? who is this presidog?
Are you related to SmokyDave? not directed at me but I guess its possible.
Kooka Country Cookies. You now owe us all a pack. I should probably go out and try these at some point

hahaha.

New rollcall for ausgaf?

Salazar said:
Phone usage while using a public loo just makes everybody uncomfortable.

Wouldn't it make the phone dirty?
I dunno though, it must be pretty common. Using public toilets is awful when most people take upwards of 5 minutes in there - reason girls queue's are always long. It all makes sense now...

Shaneus said:
Jase: I'm not sure what you're using as a source, but I would STRONGLY recommend getting one of these fuckers:
Sansa Clip+. Not my hand.

After reading a metric fucktonne of reviews on them, I bought one off CotD for $50 (I thought it was new, was later told it was fact. refurb. Bit of a bitch, but whatever) and chucked in a 16gb microSD. Installed Rockbox and it's by far the best sounding audio player I've had... actually, probably about par with my Rio Karma.

With the Senny headphones, dial the lowest frequency down about ,2dB (? from memory) in Rockbox and it sounds perfect. Hooked the same 'plugs up to my iPhone and the difference was astonishing. Don't even listen to music on my iPhone at all any more, despite having to carry around 2 devices (the tactile feedback alone is better than using a touchscreen).

I have a Sandisk sansa as well, great quality and battery life. Shits all over an ipod.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Salazar said:
I don't believe you ever responded to my cookies for a cool tag suggestion.

Apparently only admins can give tags, and I don't know if any of them have a penchant for Kooka.

shanshan310 said:
I dunno though, it must be pretty common. Using public toilets is awful when most people take upwards of 5 minutes in there - reason girls queue's are always long. It all makes sense now...

why would it? taking your phone out in the toilet doesnt automatically make it dirty. rubbing on the toilet bowl might but youd be mad to do that.

Jintor

Megadrive said:
why would it? taking your phone out in the toilet doesnt automatically make it dirty. rubbing on the toilet bowl might but youd be mad to do that.

Toilets exude a dirty zone, man

shanshan310 said:
Semi-related... When I went to Paris there were a few places with only unisex toilets. Worst idea ever. Obviously invented by women to punish men. :)

I also didn't like the trend of paying to use public bathrooms. Fuck that.

Avoided the former completely and the latter mostly.

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
the cricket world cup wasn't in HD at all >_>

its a big scam. They got stuck with mpeg2 because of the country jumping in to digital tv early.

so HD got sacrificed for multichannels.

situation won't get any better until they upgrade to h264. (or the sporting bodies take action)

Rugby World Cup is being shown in HD by 9 which was unexpected. Also for those who are talking about cameras its not that. The NRL grand final and many other sporting events have been beamed to the UK and US in HD from Australia. The Cameras are there, the channels choose not to use them

There are HD cameras @ every sporting event in Australia that is on television. Whether the AU broadcaster uses it or not is up to them. So yes, Sky UK got a better feed of the NRL grand final than we did

ridiculous

:|

roosters93 said:
Semi-related... When I went to Paris there were a few places with only unisex toilets. Worst idea ever. Obviously invented by women to punish men. :)

I also didn't like the trend of paying to use public bathrooms. Fuck that.

Avoided the former completely and the latter mostly.

They had this in Indonesia. I said "fuck that" too. I shouldn't have. The free toilet was a hole in the floor with urine all around it with a door that didn't shut properly. No sink, No paper. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though -_-

what's wrong with unisex toilets though? I mean, home toilets are like that.

Its true man!

Choc said:
So I guess you missed the post saying they've replaced the broadcast of the final on GEM with antiques roadshow didn't you? Lol

:( :( :(

shanshan said:
what's wrong with unisex toilets though? I mean, home toilets are like that.

Waiting for everyone instead of just men heh. I have no qualms with actually using unisex toilets though.

Salazar

roosters93 said:
So I guess you missed the post saying they've replaced the broadcast of the final on GEM with antiques roadshow didn't you? Lol

:( :( :(

Antiques Roadshow and As Time Goes By.

I have, on occasion, been mildly entertained by Antiques Roadshow. Judge me, I don't mind.

Rezbit

I remember having to pay to use a toilet in a nightclub in Amsterdam. I was busting so I had to do it...they even had a bouncer there FFS!

Jintor said:
530c80bd.jpg

I'm loving the definition, examples and your use of the word in that context. Certainly sounds icky.

Top Bottom