• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

roosters93 said:
530c80bd.jpg

I'm loving the definition, examples and your use of the word in that context. Certainly sounds icky.

man the webapp looks great on ipad

Bernbaum

SmokinDan. What was the best game from the previous generation of video game consoles?

If you answered METROID PRIME, then congratulations, you have won the prize of buying me a packet of Kookas.

SmokinDan

Bernbaum said:
SmokinDan. What was the best game from the previous generation of video game consoles?

If you answered METROID PRIME, then congratulations, you have won the prize of buying me a packet of Kookas.

I'm a PC gamer so the answer is Deus Ex 1 with Morrowind second.

EDIT: Oh, hi Jintor. This is Dan from Steam.

Frawdder

DeathJr said:
It's 20 degrees at nighttime. There is sweat running down my ass cheeks. :X
It's 27 degrees in Adelaide right now.

I guess it's just a preview for what is going to happen in a month or so when we're all dreaming of those 27 degree nights because it's 31 or something equally uncomfortable.

That doesn't make it any easier right now though, it's still too hot and I want it to be cooler right now!

DeathJr said:
It's 20 degrees at nighttime. There is sweat running down my ass cheeks. :X

One of the reason I love Canberra, it may be hot as hell during the day in summer, but it's a nice cool 8 degs at the moment!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So Nintendo JUST put up on their site that the eShop cards are now available in stores. You know after they were meant to be in stores in June or July.

What's even worse that in August, I reported that they were already in stores. I had even bought one and tested it.

Two months later.

VOOK said:
So Nintendo JUST put up on their site that the eShop cards are now available in stores. You know after they were meant to be in stores in June or July.

What's even worse that in August, I reported that they were already in stores. I had even bought one and tested it.

Two months later.
I take it those cards are region locked.

Omikron

Salazar said:
Antiques Roadshow and As Time Goes By.

I have, on occasion, been mildly entertained by Antiques Roadshow. Judge me, I don't mind.
Likewise.

I also watch far too much time team for a healthy man.

EatChildren said:
SmokinDan fails the Kooka Country Cookies requirement. That's a perm ban.
tumblr_l6j7fauFth1qztjn5o1_400.png

Megadrive said:
Rocksmith. Anyone heard of it? Should I buy it? I'm going to buy it. Anyone know where to buy it?
I heard it be announced and then all information just stopped. It will be bombarino just like DJ Hero 2 and be available for $40 in a few weeks time.

shanshan310 said:
Wouldn't it make the phone dirty?
Not if you keep it out of the bad areas. Basically don't let any transfer of yuck happen. Also as long as no yuck is brought out above bowl level then the rest of the bathroom is fine, if a little stinky. Not sure if we have any plumbers on AusGAF but I am sure they could reassure us that the bacteria is attracted to water and as such would all be focused down the toilet, makes sense since they designed it that way. I have no idea. I am tired and it is still a bit too warm.

Rezbit said:
Ozcelebs???
Most of the Google images I have come across in my local celeb travels have pointed back to that forum. Wish it was updated more often though.

Salazar said:
Antiques Roadshow and As Time Goes By.
Love As Time Goes By, seen them all years ago now though. My parents watched a lot of UK stuff. The gf loves the Roadshow and all those Escape To The Country shows.

Bernbaum said:

Metroid Prime is overrated. Everyone treats it like the first coming of Jesus. It was great but certainly wasn't the best game on the Cube.
REmake. Dat graphics. So good they had to take the series in a different direction to avoid disappointment

DeathJr said:
I'm using a floor fan damn it.
Breaking it out of the garage for tonight to ease the pain. I bet it will rain tonight now.

SmokinDan said:
I'm a PC gamer so the answer is Deus Ex 1 with Morrowind second.
In that case, wrong. Curse of Monkey Island. Then Max Payne 2. Then Deus Ex tied with System Shock 2.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
In that case, wrong. Curse of Monkey Island. Then Max Payne 2. Then Deus Ex tied with System Shock 2.
Not sure if any of these games would be considered as last console generation though, apart from Morrowind and Max Payne 2.

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
SmokinDan fails the Kooka Country Cookies requirement. That's a perm ban.
If I was a junior and I saw that coming from a red-lettered person, I'd fair square shit myself.

Bern: Suffering withdrawal symptoms from Forza 4 while at work? Try this. It should ease the pain until you get home. That, or it'll make you jones for it more. I'm also on the lookout for the intro online, not having any luck :/

legend166

Sorry guys, Bern is correct about Metroid Prime.

In fact it's so good it's also the best game of this generation thanks to the Wii-make.

Gazunta

I made a comic about Arkham City, well not really.

I wish I was more into Metroid than I am. I didn't grow up on the NES, tried a couple of times to get into Super Metroid but just never felt it (I know, I should be shot for saying that), and the GC ones just left me cold because i didn't know what I was meant to be doing, except that I heard that scanning items was important so I spent half an hour scanning boxes and went "Huh, I guess this isn't for me".

For some reason I loved the crap out of the GBA Metroid, maybe it's because it was my bus ride into work companion and I could concentrate on it better. (Not Zero Mission, the other one).

I do feel bad for never getting into Super Metroid, I really should rectify that.

Choc

Banned
roosters93 said:
So I guess you missed the post saying they've replaced the broadcast of the final on GEM with antiques roadshow didn't you? Lol

:( :( :(

fuckin smh

thats insane, just because australia isnt in it. I am so glad SBS doesnt have this attitude with the world cup

what a bunch of fuckin idiots run channel 9

on SMH today there is an article about how its gonna be hot from now on in Sydney and the guy is like 'well its going to get hotter and more humid which is good because it feels like summer'

i want to punch that moron in the face. Humidity is SHIT and the WORST part of summer. Its what makes it so fucking unbearable

Gazunta

Republic would be nice. Republic of Google would be better.

Speaking of which, now that I've had my first real exposure to Android...Android is pretty damn good.

*hugs his 4S*

Oh which reminds me, are there any easy guides on jailbreaking a 3GS? I've gonna turn it into a portable C64.

Omikron

Gazunta said:
Republic would be nice. Republic of Google would be better.

Speaking of which, now that I've had my first real exposure to Android...Android is pretty damn good.

*hugs his 4S*

Oh which reminds me, are there any easy guides on jailbreaking a 3GS? I've gonna turn it into a portable C64.

It is interesting, personally I think the iOS, while consistant, is starting to look and feel quite dated.

Choc

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:
Julia in failure to curtsey 'scandal'.

I couldn't possibly give fewer fucks about the royal visit. Republic when?

its the 21st century, teh world is going to shit and we give a fuck about this

the world is bananas.

jambo

Omi said:
It is interesting, personally I think the iOS, while consistant, is starting to look and feel quite dated.

Same, I'll be moving to WP7 or Android next year, unless Apple pull out some crazy shit for the 5.

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
Metroid Prime is overrated. Everyone treats it like the first coming of Jesus. It was great but certainly wasn't the best game on the Cube.
REmake. Dat graphics. So good they had to take the series in a different direction to avoid disappointment
Your face is overrated.

Prime had a lot of convincing to do and managed to appease the fans who didn't want to see the series shift to 3D. It managed to pull off the core Metroid-style 'find and explore' system as well as instil in the player a sense of isolation and despair. It had some of the best boss fights ever and if you can get over the heavy back-tracking (which is essential to Metroid anyway) the game is superbly well paced.

By 2003 standards, it looked phenomenal and remains highly replayable today.

Omikron

Fogz said:
Birthday skeleton and all that for me today. Nearly 30 :/

Also, he didn't bring me Batman!

Don't worry, I am 30 in 21 days. :p

Also, grey hairs beginning to be more than the odd one or two. :lol

Rahk

Choc said:
on SMH today there is an article about how its gonna be hot from now on in Sydney and the guy is like 'well its going to get hotter and more humid which is good because it feels like summer'

i want to punch that moron in the face. Humidity is SHIT and the WORST part of summer. Its what makes it so fucking unbearable
*Shakes fist at sun*

Seriously though, you can't even escape the heat in the shade when it's humid!

Clipper

Woo! A new game just hit the top of my "Hardest games I've gotten the Platinum Trophy in" list... Shadow of the Colossus. It bumped ICO down to second spot (its reign was rather short) with pre-patch 3D Dot Game Heroes being a close third.

SotC is mostly pretty easy (playing the game 4 times to max stamina was a tad tedious, but still mostly fun), except for two colossi in the Hard Time Attack mode. #15 took me a lot of tries to finally get him, but #3 is the real stinker. I just finished a 2.5 hour marathon of perfecting the techniques needed to beet him within 5 minutes, finally taking him down with 25 seconds to spare.

The difficulty comes as the time is still set at the time for the PS2 version, but some of the changes in the ports make it MUCH harder to get consistently good strikes on the weak points. Wander's grip works slightly differently, making it really tough and making you need to exploit the colossus to win (through distraction and jumping using the colossus' momentum.

Felt so bloody good when I finally got that last strike in, seeing as I'd already spent a few other sessions on him already using imperfect versions of the techniques.

I'm glad to have finished off the game just in time for Batman too. It sounds like it's going to be a fairly normal difficulty to Platinum, so it'll be a good way to calm down. Anyway, yay again!

Fogz

Omi said:
Also, grey hairs beginning to be more than the odd one or two. :lol

I haven't noticed any yet! I'm really blonde though, they may be hidden and I'll just wake up 1 morning and I'm completely white :)

Omikron

Fogz said:
I haven't noticed any yet! I'm really blonde though, they may be hidden and I'll just wake up 1 morning and I'm completely white :)

Not too fussed though, at least I have all my hair. :p

also. wot?

427985530.jpg

Top Bottom