• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Ydahs

For the fun of it, I made a little script to check how many users got banned in that thread.

62 bans. At least one ban per page for the first fifteen pages. None appear to be from AusGAF though.

Shaneus

Ydahs said:
For the fun of it, I made a little script to check how many users got banned in that thread.

62 bans. At least one ban per page for the first fifteen pages. None appear to be from AusGAF though.
I don't know whether that's calculating users that were banned in that thread or are now banned who just appear, but I'd love to see some kind of stat with which threads have caused the most bannings. I remember the last one I was banned in was a bit of a slaughterhouse (post #33).

Echoplx

My first and only ban was for calling some guy an idiot over his opinion in the DXHR OT

Kinda lame compared to some of the shit that goes down over in the off topic forum :p

jambo

Never been banned so

car4t.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
jambo said:
It's ok, you've probably just caught a case of the GAFs, writing a post before checking the relevant information.

You should still try to encourage the rest of AusGAF to join the OT forum instead of dragging all the interesting discussion topics back here.

Kritz

Banned
Anyone know if RAGE is on the .on.net content servers for Steam? I think I still want to buy it, but don't want to download it.

Deeku

DeathJr said:
Early next year. I'm going overseas for a month in December, so makes no sense applying now. Plus with this audit experience, I'll have a better chance.
You have a good chance regardless, but yeah, the experience would just add strength to your application.

Also, I like it when people drag topics into here for small discussions. It's better than having to scroll through all the noise that surrounds most threads on gaf. Plus, discussions here are always nice and friendly!

Dead Man

3chopl0x said:
My first and only ban was for calling some guy an idiot over his opinion in the DXHR OT

Kinda lame compared to some of the shit that goes down over in the off topic forum :p
Yeah, mine was just for insulting someone too. :/

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
You have a good chance regardless, but yeah, the experience would just add strength to your application.

Also, I like it when people drag topics into here for small discussions. It's better than having to scroll through all the noise that surrounds most threads on gaf. Plus, discussions here are always nice and friendly!

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

commanderdeek said:

Thanks, i'm also looking to buy a house soon....

hamchan

I only like the TV and movie threads in the OT. Every other topic is either American politics, incredibly depressing stories or incredibly weird and disgusting shit.

Salazar

hamchan said:
I only like the TV and movie threads in the OT. Every other topic is either American politics, incredibly depressing stories or incredibly weird and disgusting shit.

I mainly keep to AusGAF, football, and Kpop now. Which suits me down to the ground. Best threads.

Gazunta

AusGAF and the occasional comics thread are it for me at the moment. Just no time to trawl through everything else, and having AusGAF open with the automatic update extension makes this like a slow version of IRC :)

Bernbaum

Happiness is refreshing an Australia Post eParcel order tracking page, having the expected parcel showing up as delivered, and then receiving an email within minutes from the lovely ladies in deliveries informing me of my own private christmas.

Shaneus said:
Then you're not a real member of GAF, let alone AusGAF.

Joke's on you.
The one time I got banned I totally deserved it and felt it was an important part of growing up. I hold onto this moment in the knowledge that it is very unlikely I will ever be tagged.

Gazunta said:
AusGAF and the occasional comics thread are it for me at the moment. Just no time to trawl through everything else, and having AusGAF open with the automatic update extension makes this like a slow version of IRC :)
What is this and how can I inject it into my system!??

Yagharek

I got banned for calling an "official" comparison thread stupid, because I find pretty much all comparison threads stupid (ie nitpicking over shadow resolutions and clouds/skymaps). I wasnt quite aware of how seriously people take digital foundry "analysis".

Oh and I'm disappointed cpp_is_dumb isnt taking any of anyones bait at all in the batman DLC fiasco thread.

jambo

RandomVince said:
I got banned for calling an "official" comparison thread stupid, because I find pretty much all comparison threads stupid (ie nitpicking over shadow resolutions and clouds/skymaps). I wasnt quite aware of how seriously people take digital foundry "analysis".

I enjoy those threads and I don't enjoy people shitting up threads, so sounds like a good ban ;)

Salazar

RandomVince said:
Oh and I'm disappointed cpp_is_dumb isnt taking any of anyones bait at all in the batman DLC fiasco thread.

Ah, I didn't know there had been a fuck-up. Dismal fucking idea in the first place.

Choc

Banned
ive never been banned (well fairly, i was once for internet detective but that was a fake ban as red scarlett reversed it almost immediately)

amazing huh

also FIFA 12 is much better than PES 12. I've loved PES right until now, even 2011 i thought was better than F11.

Not this year, the impact engine is amazing.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Boss' wife emailed me saying '[My Boss] says you know a lot about Nintendo. I bought the kids a 3DS each for $199 but maybe I should have bought a DSi XL. What are your thoughts?'

I sent back 500 words >_> /nerd

I'm such a writer >_>

Yagharek

Fifa 12 physics is broken. Ive seen the vids. PES 2011 on Wii is still superior.

jambo said:
I enjoy those threads and I don't enjoy people shitting up threads, so sounds like a good ban ;)

People were being categorically wrong and stupid about it though. Arguing about lighting levels at night time, despite the weather in the two comparative shots being different which in turn would lead to the said lighting differences.

Deeku

I think I've been banned twice. Once for suggesting that I advocate piracy, and the other for a comment regarding gaf spelt backwards, which I thought was hilllllllraious at the time. Of course, both were during times where this forum was kinda new to me so I thought I could get away with gamefaqs type behaviour:lol

jambo

VOOK said:
Boss' wife emailed me saying '[My Boss] says you know a lot about Nintendo. I bought the kids a 3DS each for $199 but maybe I should have bought a DSi XL. What are your thoughts?'

I'm such a writer >_>

Did you write "I am a fish" 125 times and then collapse?

MrSerrels

VOOK said:

I'm such a writer >_>

Please let me read what you wrote!

jambo

RandomVince said:
Fifa 12 physics is broken. Ive seen the vids. PES 2011 on Wii is still superior.

Because the PES games have always been perfect, right. :lol

RandomVince said:
People were being categorically wrong and stupid about it though. Arguing about lighting levels at night time, despite the weather in the two comparative shots being different which in turn would lead to the said lighting differences.

Most threads on GAF have people who take shit way too far, I tend to just ignore them or close the thread if it gets too stupid. Better than calling the thread and everyone in it stupid.

I've requested bans a few times for a week or so (final uni exams, so I needed to study). Never been banned for real, mainly for the fact that even when I'm being mean, I'm usually not being offensive.

My blog got 12 hits this morning, nearly all of them referrals from the Google search term "toothbrush". Heh.

Salazar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
even when I'm being mean, I'm usually not being offensive.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a butterfly.

I can't think of anything to blog, really. Until maybe next year when I travel again.

Salazar said:
Float like a butterfly, sting like a butterfly.

I can't think of anything to blog, really. Until maybe next year when I travel again.
Toothbrushes. Gotta give the people what they want.

Perhaps I ought to do a post exclusively dedicated to birds of the genus Parus. From what I gather, they are also a popular topic on the Internet.

Deeku

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Toothbrushes. Gotta give the people what they want.

Perhaps I ought to do a post exclusively dedicated to birds of the genus Parus. From what I gather, they are also a popular topic on the Internet.
:lol :lol

Brilliant.

Yagharek

Choc said:
out of context and in a row yes it looks dumb, but this rarely happens in the game itself

and its much improved since the trial. at least EA is tryign something new

PES 12 is PES 11.

Which is still better than fifa. Fifa always feels unbalanced and the animations of your players are locked in with significant delay before you actually do anything. Ad you never get goalmouth scrambles because the ball and keeper are magnetic.

Fredescu

Choc said:
out of context and in a row yes it looks dumb, but this rarely happens in the game itself
Yeah, I've played 20 or so hours and never seen anything like that. I think the defensive changes are a bigger deal than the impact engine.

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
Which is still better than fifa. Fifa always feels unbalanced and the animations of your players are locked in with significant delay before you actually do anything. Ad you never get goalmouth scrambles because the ball and keeper are magnetic.

Vince until 12 i agreed with you wholeheartedly and its why i loved PES

but

the goalmouth scrambles in fifa 12 are nuts because of the impact engine (which has taken away the jilted animations)

maybe i will come to love PES 12 overall in teh long run and FIFA 12 is a one night date, but its the best fifa in yonks

Yagharek

every forum I read with active fifa/pes players has a recent trend in the past fortnight of people getting shitty with fifa and trying out pes this year. FWIW I played the demo of both only so far (sticking with pes11 wii) and fifa was pretty ordinary.

Top Bottom