• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Rlan

mzl.nwgeemai.320x480-75.jpg

Yaay, a Halfbrick game I worked on (but only a little bit) is now available :D

Give it a look!

Gazunta

I'm really tired so I don't wanna weigh into it all too much but from my experience

a) reviewers that buy their own games end up generally writing better reviews, since paying for a game makes you way more critical and caring about it. When you get 30 free games a week you don't give a shit either way for a lot of games.

b) every publication is canvassed in some form or another by all publishers. 99.9999% of the time it's simply for suitability and for lack of a better term, risk assessment. Nothing wrong with this. You don't send sports games to Australian Aviator magazine for example.

c) refusing to send a game to a publication because you're worried about a bad score means you've got no faith in the product, in which case WTF are you carrying it and more importantly you're incredibly short sighted. Send them the game, if you get a bad review oh well move onto the next game and better luck next time, it's more important to maintain a good relationship with the publication over the long term.

d) what EA norway did was crap no two ways about it. My list of questions about reviewers is "Do they have a debug unit and when do they need code by"

I'm going to sleep. New comic up. Not too happy with it. I think I need to retire Suburban Life Stories for a while.

Shaneus

My 4S is coming today!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!!!!

I think I'll celebrate by buying an app that makes the most of the new purchase. What shall I get, AusGAF? I'm thinking that movie playing app that does HD (AVPlayer) but... gosh, there's so many things to take advantage of Retina and the CPU. DoDonPachi without slowdown should be godly.

Squeeee!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It should be stated that ricki lee now has no ass after that weight loss, It's just flat and dull.

What a shame.

Alice is steams weekend deal and going by steamprices it's only $15 in the states instead of the $25 here. Might have to get that baby gifted.

Shaneus

Actually, just noticed where my 4S is coming *from*. Not a Melbourne depot, but the last entry on the tracking page is Shenzen? That don't sound like no Australian city.

Fuck.

So I started playing Metro 2033 for the first time last night. There's a hell of a lot of cutscenes.

It doesn't explain at all what 'Ranger' mode is and why I want to play that.

Omikron

HolyCheck said:
Police clearing out occupy melb at 9am, any ideas on why anyone?

Not 100% sure, but I have heard the local businesses are pretty pissed and their custom has gone down as a result of the protest being there. No doubt Robert Doyle (the lord mayor) has had enough as well.

We shall see, doubt they will move completely without incident.

Darklord

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Police clearing out occupy melb at 9am, any ideas on why anyone?

Because you need a permit to let up like they did. And good, it's dumb as shit having it here. I can understand the American one but like every person at this one is just like "we gotta might the power man, like global warming is bad n stuff". Having signs like "make love our currency" or something. Uh.

Gaz is along the same lines of thought that I have. I will read twice as many of your comics today, I promise!

RandomVince said:
That company proves reviews are meaningless.
No way! All the pre-release previews and early reviews are glowing for Dragon Age 2! It is totally going to be an awesome sequel to one of the most promising RPG series to come out on consoles in a long time!

Oh wait. It was all bullshit. Glad I was wary of EA on that one.

Rlan said:
Yaay, a Halfbrick game I worked on (but only a little bit) is now available :D
Any chance of an Android release? Love Fruit Ninja and the family love Puss in Boots.
Any chance of DLC for Fruit Ninja Kinect?
Also thanks for being awesome.

Omi said:
store to buy Football Manager 2012 to get a bonus?

Tesco.

Lol.
Is that like, a clone of FIFA Manager 12?

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
Whats on for the weekend AusGAF?
Wife's off gallivanting with some friends tomorrow so I'm either going to get some quality gaming in, or try to go out somewhere and pretend I have some semblance of a social life.

legend166

'Occupy' protests in Australia seem a bit silly. Our economy certainly isn't perfect (housing affordability being the main problem), but compared to America it's a utopia.

Jintor said:
Fuck, these sound issues for Xenoblade are pissing me off.

Did you try change it from 48,000 to 32,000 jintor?
That fixed everything for me, i have my housemate fixing up my dolphin for me, in exchange i am buying him a copy of sequence on steam. Already had my code PM'd to me, yay!

You get yours stackboy?

BanShunsaku said:

Probably going to hit up some dungeon defenders, xenoblade and finally get around to finishing deus ex. Sunday i'm getting my nerd on and playing some tabletop. AWWWWW YEA!

legend166

Marshmellow said:
Did you try change it from 48,000 to 32,000 jintor?
That fixed everything for me, i have my housemate fixing up my dolphin for me, in exchange i am buying him a copy of sequence on steam. Already had my code PM'd to me, yay!

You get yours stackboy?

Probably going to hit up some dungeon defenders, xenoblade and finally get around to finishing deus ex. Sunday i'm getting my nerd on and playing some tabletop. AWWWWW YEA!

What's this?

I was getting the sound issues in Xenoblade. I just played through it, but if there's a fix I'd like it.

legend166 said:
What's this?

I was getting the sound issues in Xenoblade. I just played through it, but if there's a fix I'd like it.

I just meant the sound hrtz legend, under audio settings in with the channels. default is 48,000 hrtz i think. i changed mine to 32,000 and it killed all the issues i was having.

Bernbaum

BanShunsaku said:
I have a going away party in the city tonight which clashes with the Roar v. Gold Coast match I have tickets to; breakfast with the folks in Clayfield tomorrow morning which clashes with an all-day, all-night Trinidadian BBQ at South Bank which will end up with us getting stupid; Sunday is a 'friendly' work sports event at UQ against our competitors for 'charity' which will end up ugly because we're a bunch of competitive arseholes; that clashes with the Brisbane Zombie Walk in the afternoon which again clashes with another going away party Sunday night. I also have laundry to do.

I want to cancel everything and play Forza 4.

Bernbaum said:
I have a going away party in the city tonight which clashes with the Roar v. Gold Coast match I have tickets to; breakfast with the folks in Clayfield tomorrow morning which clashes with an all-day, all-night Trinidadian BBQ at South Bank which will end up with us getting stupid; Sunday is a 'friendly' work sports event at UQ against our competitors for 'charity' which will end up ugly because we're a bunch of competitive arseholes; that clashes with the Brisbane Zombie Walk in the afternoon which again clashes with another going away party Sunday night. I also have laundry to do.

I want to cancel everything and play Forza 4.

For some reason i thought that was going to end with "i can't go to anything because i have laundry and stuff to do" lol

I am going out with people for dinner tonight and tomorrow i might set up sequence with DDR pad. so excite!

Gazunta

I'll be digging up the back yard. Again. Telling myself it will all be worth it once the man cave is built.

Huh, didn't even notice I passed the 800 comic mark. Whoo. I will celebrate by digging up the backyard more.

legend166

As far as weekend plans:

Saturday - I'm going to go get a haircut, then go to Chatswood Westfield to try and buy some new work pants, then clean/wash my car. Hopefully get all that done in the morning, and sit down and play Batman in the afternoon.

Sunday - Church in the morning, then nothing planned. Probably more Batman.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm going to Adelaide on the weekend :D to spend a few days with my doggies.

mum and step dad decided to book a trip overseas after I'd booked surprise flights home for mums 50th.. sigh

Top Bottom