• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Sorry to shit on everyone's weekend. On the weekend ill be at the floating markets in vietnam today though going to the tunnels and some museums markets etc :)

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
I want to cancel everything and play Forza 4.
I'm concerned that you feel that way when you're only tackling the world tour/career mode. Only because I've only focused on Rivals up until now and have barely explored the rest of the game. It must be like weening yourself off crack only to have your dealer give you heroin.

Jintor

Marshmellow said:
I just meant the sound hrtz legend, under audio settings in with the channels. default is 48,000 hrtz i think. i changed mine to 32,000 and it killed all the issues i was having.

I disabled Idle Skipping. I think my framerate took a slight hit, but no audio issues as of yet. Although I haven't been in any intense scenes since.

Fuck me the environments are so great in this game. I just wish my UI wasn't all cluttered half the time with big-ass menus and health bars. It's useful information but it really detracts from the beautiful world.

Jintor said:
I disabled Idle Skipping. I think my framerate took a slight hit, but no audio issues as of yet. Although I haven't been in any intense scenes since.

Fuck me the environments are so great in this game. I just wish my UI wasn't all cluttered half the time with big-ass menus and health bars. It's useful information but it really detracts from the beautiful world.

So jealous that game is running smoothly. Hope mine is working for Saturday. what cpu/ram/grphx are you running jintor and what rez and grphx settings have you got 4x?

Jintor

Highest res on my monitor, 2x sampling, 4x AA, 9x whatever the shader thing is, I'll check the other settings later tonight. Isn't yours running smoothly? I just upgraded my PC so everything is, freaking, delicious. (Still can't run Crysis 2 on Ultra though, fucking Vista 32-bit, no money to upgrade to 7)

Jintor said:
Highest res on my monitor, 2x sampling, 4x AA, 9x whatever the shader thing is, I'll check the other settings later tonight. Isn't yours running smoothly? I just upgraded my PC so everything is, freaking, delicious. (Still can't run Crysis 2 on Ultra though, fucking Vista 32-bit, no money to upgrade to 7)

Oh god, yea not running smooth yet and im on crap settings, what is you FPS maxing out at? 25? you got v-sync on?

my pc is high end dual core and a gtx 260 4 gig ram....hope it isnt under the bar.

Ahh also im running build 3.175 (or whatever it close) and runnning from .ISO
How are you doing it?

Yagharek

Speaking of awesome* weekends I am off to see QI tonight as previously mentioned. Then I have two 12 hour day shifts on the weekend. And I only just got back home after 3 months away from home for work.

Jintor

Marshmellow said:
Oh god, yea not running smooth yet and im on crap settings, what is you FPS maxing out at? 25? you got v-sync on?

my pc is high end dual core and a gtx 260 4 gig ram....hope it isnt under the bar.

Ahh also im running build 3.175 (or whatever it close) and runnning from .ISO
How are you doing it?

FPS highest is 28, no v-sync. PC is a quad core i5 3.3ghz, 8 gigs of RAM (?), that's probably proving to be your bottleneck, did you lock cores? Build is 7714 (I think?) and running from .iso (don't think there's any other way to do it).

Salazar

I am going to finish Mad Men, start on Eden of the East, read some Nights of Villjamur (a tolerable fantasy novel), eat some fast food, produce some differently referenced versions of an article.

And grab that Payday game.

Oh! I'm making tacos de carne asada, tacos de pollo asada, guacamole, pico de gallo, and home made tacos (soft, of course) tomorrow. None of this tex mex garbage.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Gonna make me another powerpoint presentation and play moar Xenoblade! (And probably study some more law)
Another presentation? :eek:

So meat n greet really is off next Monday?

hamchan said:
This weekend I will be studying for finals and then crying myself to sleep because studying sucks.
Pffff, at least you guys have stuvac

crybaby.

Kritz

Banned
hamchan said:
This weekend I will be studying for finals and then crying myself to sleep because studying sucks.

Even with no bandwidth to spend I seem to be just watching movies over studying for my exams in three days time.

Salazar

Jintor said:
whatchu talkin' bout Salazar

Your powerpoint exploits.

In a brief appearance before the cameras, The Queen and Mr Abbott surprised by chatting about Australia's robust politics, rather than making the usual small talk.

Mr Abbott told her: "We play our politics tough in this country. We give no quarter."

Your Majesty, I am a knobhead through and through.

Anyone know what's going on in Melbourne? I turn on ABC24 and they're talking about people clogging up swanston street with some kind of protest... but they never mentioned what, only that the police are being pretty rough with them and kicked them out of Melbourne square. WTF though they are standing in the middle of a big intersection. That's not going to piss off a lot of people...

Jintor

It's Occupy Melbourne. It's also balls out retarded since we don't have the US's economic situation really (so far as I understand it).

Omikron

Jintor said:
It's Occupy Melbourne. It's also balls out retarded since we don't have the US's economic situation really (so far as I understand it).

The heavy handed tactics, on what was a completely peaceful protest is even more ridiculous.

Jintor said:

So they want economic and social change? Just looking at their website I can see lots of slogans like "Australian Democracy is unwell". Lets block up a big intersection until its better again. It seems like there are better ways to create social change...

What's going to happen if the trams want to get through?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I really need to put on my Twitter profile.

'I do not work for Nintendo, I am not Nintendo'.

Jintor

A protest is less about stopping something from occuring or clogging up something that works and more about getting media (or just general) attention, generally speaking.

Omikron

shanshan310 said:
So they want economic and social change? Just looking at their website I can see lots of slogans like "Australian Democracy is unwell". Lets block up a big intersection until its better again. It seems like there are better ways to create social change...

What's going to happen if the trams want to get through?

They didn't block up and traffic or intersections until the police came and removed them from the campsite at city square though.

Omi said:
They didn't block up and traffic or intersections until the police came and removed them from the campsite at city square though.

Why would the police need to remove them from the city square if they were protesting peacefully?

Omikron

shanshan310 said:
Why would the police need to remove them from the city square if they were protesting peacefully?

Robert Doyle wanted them removed. Thats it.

Read into it whatever reason he decided. Techincally I guess they were 'unlawfully' camping out, so yeah, but the reason to eventually move them on is unclear.

I am guessing the Queen's visit.

Omi said:
Robert Doyle wanted them removed. Thats it.

Read into it whatever reason he decided. Techincally I guess they were 'unlawfully' camping out, so yeah, but the reason to eventually move them on is unclear.

Aah, the Queen. That would make sense.

EDIT: I am really confused now.

barak-poster.jpg

There is too much money in my bank account and I need to go waste it at EBgames. Damn I wish we had a JB Hi Fi here. :(

reptilescorpio said:
Woot exam done. Now to go buy parts so I can build my new PC this weekend!
Parts won't be in until Tuesday. Postage from PCCG would be next Friday anyway. ffffffffffffffffffffffffff. At least the local dude effectively price matched PCCG.

Frawdder said:
The Butterfly Effect on Sunday.
How are they these days? Last time I saw them was on the Phoenix tour (and BDO but that doesn't count). Not a fan of the last album and even Imago has worn off on me. Begins Here is still awesomely good though.

Jintor said:
(Still can't run Crysis 2 on Ultra though, fucking Vista 32-bit, no money to upgrade to 7)
You are a student so you should be able to grab the upgrade version for like $50. I bought a second copy through my work for $35 but I need that for my parents. If I come across another deal I will shoot you a PM.

Rahk said:
PAYDAY THE HEIST TM is out on Steam now. Who's in for a 4 pack?
Maybe, how much? Might bite if cheap just for an AusGAF gaming weekend. For some reason Steam is blocked at work. Strange choice.

Kritz said:
Even with no bandwidth to spend I seem to be just watching movies over studying for my exams in three days time.
Just like 99% of uni students. I know only a handful of people who spent much time studying at uni. Best mate only ever went to 2 hours of lectures and passed no problem. High quality Commerce degrees at Deakin. ;)

Jintor said:
Also true. There's no monopoly on stupidity.
That should be the motto of the human race in the 21st century.

VOOK said:
You whinge about them just as much as we do, no-one has any grounds to call you a corporate shill.

Omi said:
Don't want to scare the poor woman now. She still thinks we are all convicts. Afterall, she was the one who sent out the first fleet all those moons ago. Part of the agreement is that we send her all our children's umbilical cords so she can be forever young (well, alive at least).

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Don't want to scare the poor woman now. She still thinks we are all convicts. Afterall, she was the one who sent out the first fleet all those moons ago. Part of the agreement is that we send her all our children's umbilical cords so she can be forever young (well, alive at least).

George Mann's Newbury and Hobbes mystery novels do feature a Queen Victoria who is kept alive (for the sake of the Empire) by pistons and gases and fluids and tubes. They're pretty fucking cool.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
You are a student so you should be able to grab the upgrade version for like $50. I bought a second copy through my work for $35 but I need that for my parents. If I come across another deal I will shoot you a PM.

Yeah, but I want to upgrade to 64-bit, so need a full kit not just an upgrade kit.

I was parked on finders lane when the cops came and blocked off all the exits. I got stick at the protest for an hour. Had my lunch while watching cops deal with protesters. People kept on joining in...and tourists were taking pictures.

My car is still there, I took a tram back to work. Heading back to the city to see if I can get it out now.

Shaneus

Omi said:
The heavy handed tactics, on what was a completely peaceful protest is even more ridiculous.

Omi said:
They agreed earlier in the week that they would leave when asked, then didn't. How rough the police were and actually needed to be is another story, but I have no doubt that it's not just the police's fault that people needed to be dragged kicking and screaming.

Oh, and what is this "We are the 99%" bullshit? Pretty sure 99% of the people in the CBD are there to work or go shopping, not protest. Reminds me all too much of that "We are legion" stuff by Anonymous.
VOOK said:

How can you know more than them yet not be them? That makes no sense.

reptilescorpio said:
Parts won't be in until Tuesday. Postage from PCCG would be next Friday anyway. ffffffffffffffffffffffffff. At least the local dude effectively price matched PCCG.
God help us all, reptile's mass posts are now including responses to himself! This is the beginning of the end, people!

Jintor said:
Yeah, but I want to upgrade to 64-bit, so need a full kit not just an upgrade kit.
You can get a 64-bit "upgrade" version, and do a clean install of that.

Shaneus said:
Oh, and what is this "We are the 99%" bullshit? Pretty sure 99% of the people in the CBD are there to work or go shopping, not protest.
1% of people control 99% of wealth (or whatever the latest figure is), leaving the other 99% of us to fend for ourselves.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just got trolled by Nintendo PR on my Facebook, posted what I posted here on it and the PR person asks me 'When is Mario Kart 7 out". lol

reptilescorpio said:
You whinge about them just as much as we do, no-one has any grounds to call you a corporate shill.

People don't do that, but they do ask me questions that probably even Nintendo Australia can't answer. I don't think I've ever been called a shill.

Shaneus said:
How can you know more than them yet not be them? That makes no sense.

I am a genius.

Top Bottom