• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

remz

Ydahs said:
Apparently there's a scam going around where a caller tries to convince you that your computer is getting a lot of errors and needs anti-virus software immediately.

My brother picked up and hanged up almost immediately. I wish I answered :(
They called our house, I told him I worked in IT and he hung up :(

Fredescu

Ydahs said:
Apparently there's a scam going around where a caller tries to convince you that your computer is getting a lot of errors and needs anti-virus software immediately.

Don't worry, they'll call again. A few months ago they were calling me every 2-3 days.

Fredescu said:
Don't worry, they'll call again. A few months ago they were calling me every 2-3 days.

That's probably why my landline keeps on ringing 5-6 times a day. I never answer it though, 'cause no one apart from telemarketers have that number.

One of my friends mothers was about to give them remote access before she stopped her. :/

Another friend told them he had a Mac and they apologized and said they'd never call him again.

EatChildren said:
Your typical art student wanker protester who wants to change society, because 'fuck the man, man!', without actually doing anything productive to, you know, change society. And, as usual, cops will be painted in a negative light regardless of what they do and to whom, because also fuck the police etc etc.

I feel kinda sorry for cops. They have to put up with so much bullshit.

Choc

Banned
I must say its a fucking disgrace the cops went in with the riot squad straight away. Why not try with the footsoldiers first and then if it gets nuts, the riot squad and actually have an excuse to do it

that no doubt inflamed it all. Fuck Ballieu is a dickhead

Damn you beautiful OzGameShop. Couldn't find any games cheap enough to buy even though I really wanted to spend money. Was kind of hoping to find a CE to justify paying full price. LOGS has the Dark Souls CE for $70 so maybe I will have to bite on that even though it doesn't look to be a full sized art book. Also CDWow have the Uncharted 3 CE for import from the US for $135 which may need a bite. Also dropped $70 on the awesome pre-order edition of the new Enter Shikari album out next year.

East Warrnambool Shopping Centre is dero central. Was lucky to make it out alive.
hobo-with-a-shotgun-4.jpg

RandomVince said:
I bought two games today.
The other is unmentionable.
I was tempted to grab Batman today too, held out for superior PC version.

Omi said:
Fm2012 > bananaman
False. Would love a Bananaman game, could see Insomniac dong a great action platformer.

DeathJr said:
My dad is a millionaire. Unfortunately I don't have access to his cash
The stereotype of Indians either being rich or poor really hasn't been squashed from all of the Indians I know. The dozen or so I know from uni were all quite well off, with a few Gynocologists and lawyers mainly. When one of them got married it apparently cost around $600,000AUD and he had only met the girl 4-5 times. Flew back to India for 3 weeks (their weddings sound like SO much fun) and then came straight back, without her. He even doesn't want to go back to India even though she has no interest in coming to Australia. Strange lads.

commanderdeek said:
Wiimote and CC: check
AA batteries: ...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
That is my problem at the moment with the 360. The rechargable packs are dying out and I haven't found Eneloops on special yet. Wonder how long until the PS3 controllers start struggling too.

DeathJr said:
That's probably why my landline keeps on ringing 5-6 times a day. I never answer it though, 'cause no one apart from telemarketers have that number.
I swear by my policy of politely declining their sales pitch the first 2 times. On the 3rd time I will abuse the hell out of them and call them every name under the sun. Works a treat.

Rahk

rep, I've got a copy of PAYDAY TM waiting for you.

Feel free to watch the Quick Look or something before deciding if you want it. I'm sure I can find someone else if you don't.

Rahk said:
rep, I've got a copy of PAYDAY TM waiting for you.

Feel free to watch the Quick Look or something before deciding if you want it. I'm sure I can find someone else if you don't.
I'm in. The RPS preview sounded cool and I need to buy a game tonight or I will have a nervous breakdown.

trinest

I played PAYDAY but singleplayer, played the first level the AI is pretty stupid they healed me once but then they didn't heal me again so the game finished :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
shanshan310 said:
I feel kinda sorry for cops. They have to put up with so much bullshit.

Its a shitty situation for both parties. On one hand you have the bad cops using opportunities like this to muscle up let their corrupt side flair, yet on the other there are 'protesters' vandalising and causing a public nuisance. The good protesters have a right to protest and make their case, and the good cops have a right and duty to arrest those causing trouble. Unfortunately the guilty parties on both sides make their entire side look bad.

I'm all for pushing against the norm and standing your ground in the face of unjust law enforcement, but few things piss me off more than your typical cop hating 'protester'. They're just as ignorant as the people they claim they're fighting.

Deeku

Play-Asia said:
Thank you for your Sony PlayStation Vita (Japanese Version) reservation!

The first quantities of consoles for our store have been confirmed and we
would like to give everyone who placed a reservation a chance to secure a
PlayStation Vita unit. Unfortunately, the confirmed quantities are much
lower than we hoped and therefore are limited in number and at higher
prices than the official retail price. Checking the market, eBay auctions
reached as high as over US$ 1,000, as ************************* reports.

Our current offer for the initial batch of Sony PlayStation Vita consoles
that ship on or before the 19th of December 2011 is US$ 499 (Wifi model)
and US$ 549 (3G model)
. This offer is valid until the 24th of October
23:59:59 Hong Kong Time and prices are likely to rise the closer we get to
the official release date. Orders are processed according to our first come
first serve policy, which is based on reservation date (original order
date).
Hmmmmm....

Deeku

They did that with the 3ds launch which also started at $500US, but dropped off pretty quickly after that. Price is definitely too much right now, especially since adding game or two would bring it past 650 with shipping.

Most likely I'll just go with what reptile said.

New Zealand (snap!) server seems to be returning the best Steam speeds for me, up to 500KB/S compared to 200-300 everywhere else. Why can't it run as quick as all my other downloads. I want to play vidyagaems noooooooow.

reptilescorpio said:
Cancel and go with the US release from Amazon, save yourself quite a lot of money.

Also RAGE for $25!!! Anyone used IntKeys before? Seem pretty legit, even give information on what languages are supported with this Steam version.

The only problem (may not be a problem if you know what to do), is that Rage will require VPN activation.

Sutton Dagger said:
The only problem (may not be a problem if you know what to do), is that Rage will require VPN activation.
IntKeys take your Steam login details (with a temp password of course) and do the activation themselves. I was a bit wary but I talked to a dude from uni who has used them a few times and said he never had any problems.

Deeku

I was totally not expecting Xenoblade to have Japanese va option. This game already impresses me.

Also, the fans on my wii seem to be really loud. I don't remember if this is normal.

I am not a shill but OzGameShop has made their site much easier to find bargains. Although I missed posting Heavy Rain at $18.

Dark Souls LE for 360 for $59!!!
14 months of XBLGold for $49!!!
Xenoblade for Wii/Dolphin for $45!!!
Forza Four For 460 For $4455!!!
Deus Ex HR (with Preorder bonus) for PC for $32!!!
Fallout 3 GOTY edition for PC for $15!!!
Harry Potter Complete Blu Ray Set for $56 pre-order!!!
AssCreed Revelations CE for PC for $57 pre-order!!!

Also this site is insanely good for pre-order information. Very very useful.

RAGE was just activated for me, along with the Sewer DLC. Less than 2 hours after paying $24 for it. IntKeys even have a chat window where you can ask questions of them. Highly recommend.

Edit: Shit. Sorry Sal, does that count as Hawkery? Does this entertaining picture of a travelling Hawk make up for it? Maybe I will move onto Harvey Birdman tomorrow.
tVNh6.jpg

EatChildren said:
To add to this, I really like the English VA, much more than I thought I would. The thick British accents are a refreshing change from the usual yankee stuff.
My gf hates the US accent. Whenever Seasame Street has Z for the letter of the day she is always talking over the top of it with the different pronunciation. Plus there is a little talking dog toy that has an English rather than US accent we had to get. If only he had a monocle and top hat I would keep him around now that the little guy has grown out of him.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
commanderdeek said:
I was totally not expecting Xenoblade to have Japanese va option. This game already impresses me.

To add to this, I really like the English VA, much more than I thought I would. The thick British accents are a refreshing change from the usual yankee stuff.

Jintor

Ydahs said:

I think this one has been going around anecdotally for a few months now

EatChildren said:

I'm with this guy. It's amazing how refreshing a largely British cast is. Now to get a mostly Australian game instead of mere special hilariously aussie characters.

Darklord

Banned
Ydahs said:

I just asked them "How do you know I have a computer?". There was dead silence after that.

Frawdder

Ydahs said:

We've been getting these calls for ages. We recently got caller ID on our phone so now it displays 'OVERSEAS' and we know not to pick it up.

Although telling them I have a Mac (I don't), I don't have a computer (I do), saying I can see out of my windows just fine and straight up calling them scammers was a bit of fun. They rudely hung up on me every time.

Rahk

So PAYDAY TM is quite fun. The missions aren't as random as I hoped they would be, but it's enjoyable and has unlocking bullshit to keep you interested and playing. Worth the $15.

Omikron

Initial FM2012 thoughts. The dark ui is rather nice and not at all hard on the eyes. And the new transfer centre where you can see all the offers in one hit is such an improvement! Like.

DeathJr said:
Don't feel like waiting, and no way will I dish out $98.
Regular edition is $68 at KMart.

Rahk said:
So PAYDAY TM is quite fun. The missions aren't as random as I hoped they would be, but it's enjoyable and has unlocking bullshit to keep you interested and playing. Worth the $15.
Wanna play some today? Damn thing didn't finish downloading until midnight.

reptilescorpio said:
RAGE was just activated for me, along with the Sewer DLC. Less than 2 hours after paying $24 for it. IntKeys even have a chat window where you can ask questions of them. Highly recommend.

Oh man, that is tempting then... They have Skyrim for preorder as well, $30 is an amazing price.

Sutton Dagger said:
Oh man, that is tempting then... They have Skyrim for preorder as well, $30 is an amazing price.
If you do end up using them here is a 5% off coupon.
a45dottech4
Only worry is whether or not the publisher is going to stamp down on overseas keys. I wouldn't try it with COD after they revoked access for the Russian Black Ops keys last year.

Kritz

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
a45dottech4
Only worry is whether or not the publisher is going to stamp down on overseas keys. I wouldn't try it with COD after they revoked access for the Russian Black Ops keys last year.

On the topic of rage.

How do you go about that site? Do you need VPN bollocksing to get it to go, or do you just stick the keys into steam and you're good?

reptilescorpio said:
a45dottech4

Cheers, is that a multi use code?

Top Bottom