• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

Omi said:
Initial FM2012 thoughts. The dark ui is rather nice and not at all hard on the eyes. And the new transfer centre where you can see all the offers in one hit is such an improvement! Like.
Did they improve the framerate and the controls?

Omikron

The new match engine has slightly nicer animations and much better player models.

As for how that plays, Robert Green has just scored a goal. I must check the replay. :p

Shaneus

I have no idea whether you picked up on my sarcasm or not. Clearly it's easy for me to dish it out on a Saturday morning but I have no idea if it was too vague or not ;)

Omikron

Shaneus said:
I have no idea whether you picked up on my sarcasm or not. Clearly it's easy for me to dish it out on a Saturday morning but I have no idea if it was too vague or not ;)

Oh no, I noticed, I was just providing a genuine reply :p

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
Wanna play some today? Damn thing didn't finish downloading until midnight.
Sure, just hop in Steam chat whenever you want to give it a go.

Need 2 more for PAYDAY TM!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
hamchan said:
The last 3 WoW expansions seemed like huge events when they were announced but this Mists of Pandaria seems like a joke...

It is losing subs, So this seems like a more casual approach i guess? There's no big boss you need to raid for, talents got totally over done so you have more flexibility and a bigger focus on alliance vs horde story line.

People have wanted pandas for ages as well, so i guess it's a nice addition. If only they would charge say $20 instead of $40+.

DIALBO 3 CE

079B7R65J42K1319135104614.jpg

DAY ONE! Need a gaming laptop too.

hamchan

evlcookie said:
It is losing subs, So this seems like a more casual approach i guess? There's no big boss you need to raid for, talents got totally over done so you have more flexibility and a bigger focus on alliance vs horde story line.

People have wanted pandas for ages as well, so i guess it's a nice addition. If only they would charge say $20 instead of $40+.

I didn't know WoW could get more casual :(

If it was $20 I'd probably play through the content for a month though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys!

lol I just got home to my mum and step dads.

go to neogaf

see i'm already logged in... but whats that.. it doesnt say holycheck.. my mum has an account!

lol'd

it's not been approved yet tho

hamchan

HolyCheck said:
Guys!

go to neogaf

see i'm already logged in... but whats that.. it doesnt say holycheck.. my mum has an account!

lol'd

She's spying on you.

3chopl0x said:
Pandas have been in Warcraft lore for a long while, not sure why people think this is a joke.

Because they started as an April Fools joke and I feel people have always treated them as a joke since.

Rezbit

Not knowing much about the lore, I see it started as a joke. Why do people think having Pandas in the game is so awesome? I guess it goes over my head.

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
Guys!

go to neogaf

lol'd

Be afraid.

Echoplx

So out of all the other crazy shit that's in warcraft Pandas is where you draw the line?

It's just another class to play, what's the big deal.

hamchan

3chopl0x said:
So out of all the other crazy shit that's in warcraft Pandas is where you draw the line?

It's just another class to play, what's the big deal.

Well looking at the expansions....

TBC: Outland, Burning Legion and Illidan
WotlK: Northrend and the goddamn Lich King Arthas.
Cataclysm: Big bad dragon smashes up the entire world.
Mists of Pandaria: Pandas and Panda land

They've always had stupid stuff in Warcraft, it's just that at least they've always treated the main theme of the expansion with some seriousness. For the first time though, the crazy, stupid joke stuff has become the main theme of the game. I can't really take these panda people seriously, and apparently a lot of other people can't either.

Echoplx

They said they're gonna tone down the expansions and release smaller content quicker. It's either Pandas or waiting years for something bigger.

Personally the idea of Pandas doesn't bother me, I like the look of the new zone tbh.

hamchan

3chopl0x said:
They said they're gonna tone down the expansions and release smaller content quicker. It's either Pandas or waiting years for something bigger.

Personally the idea of Pandas doesn't bother me, I like the look of the new zone tbh.

I dunno if having Pandas and having smaller expansions are linked. It just makes me think that Blizzard are out of ideas. It would be awesome if they made Warcraft 4 but keep WoW around and reflect how the war in WC4 is affecting WoW ingame. Could be a pretty cool thing I think.

Hoping to play some Payday with Rahk and Arnie in a bit if anyone is interested in being the 4th.

Rezbit said:
Not knowing much about the lore, I see it started as a joke. Why do people think having Pandas in the game is so awesome? I guess it goes over my head.
U4060P115T196D9505F6619DT20091023140618.jpg
Because their main weapon is cuteness.

midonnay

HolyCheck said:
Guys!

go to neogaf

lol'd

don't worry we'll keep your furry obsession on the down low ;)

jambo

HolyCheck said:
Guys!

go to neogaf

lol'd

Do you still want that cocaine for this weekend? I can get Ice too if you want, just PM me.

HolyCheck said:
Guys!

go to neogaf

lol'd

Awesome, prepare to be spanked for your incessant drinking :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DeathJr said:
Awesome, prepare to be spanked for your incessant drinking :p

eh, she drinks more than me and used to tell me i didnt go out and be a teenager enough ;_; and would give me moneys to go get drunk with friends

D.Lo

Hello Ausgaf, long time no see.

I'm sure it's been done to death, but this is such a terrible place for the thread.

HolyCheck said:
Guys!

go to neogaf

lol'd

tumblr_lsylnpmltc1r4y6zepg.gif

VOOK said:
JOIN THE PARTY
Held my nerve when I read Gabe's write up on PA. Not sure I want to see how much of a carrot stick game it is. Dick Smith have the starter pack for $85 so I will see how bored I am tomorrow. Thankfully Payday took up the afternoon.

Quite a good game and has brought me to the point of needing a mouse with a fucking functioning right click. Any recommendations for under $100? Going from a MK700 combo.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Held my nerve when I read Gabe's write up on PA. Not sure I want to see how much of a carrot stick game it is. Dick Smith have the starter pack for $85 so I will see how bored I am tomorrow. Thankfully Payday took up the afternoon.

Quite a good game and has brought me to the point of needing a mouse with a fucking functioning right click. Any recommendations for under $100? Going from a MK700 combo.
One of the most highly recommended ones (at least, on GAF) is the MX518. Personally, I think it does the job but I don't see why everyone flips their shit over it. It's cheap, too. And wired, if that's your thing.

BTW I think you invited me for some Payday action (can't remember how though... was it Steam or through something else?) but my brother gifted it to me this morning out of the blue and I haven't had a chance (read: Forza) to install it, let alone give it a crack. But I did see my brother play through a level and it look kinda the shit, very much like the heist scenario in GTA4. So I should be in for it sometime in the future, just no idea when. Probably when FM4 unleashes my balls from its vice-like grip.

Top Bottom