• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

guidop

Gez said:
I dont care what the protestors are whinging about here in Melbourne, but i feel they should show some respect to the Police doing their jobs. The Police don't get paid enough as it is and we these left wing pissants with a collective IQ of 10 shitting on them.

The irony being what they're protesting for would increase the wage of police officiers and other public sector workers

Agyar

Gez said:
I dont care what the protestors are whinging about here in Melbourne, but i feel they should show some respect to the Police doing their jobs. The Police don't get paid enough as it is and we these left wing pissants with a collective IQ of 10 shitting on them.

I don't even know where to begin with this but I hope someone gets a pay rise for unlawfully punching you in the head.

Choc

Banned
possibly the police should show respect to those who are protesting in a democratic fashion

because protesters won't move on you don't go straight to the Riot police

this isnt fucking Russia. Thats the big issue. The way the police handled it all and the wanker fuckwit melbourne mayor who has gone into hiding because he is gutless arsehole.
:)

Card Boy

Banned
guidop said:
The irony being what they're protesting for would increase the wage of police officiers and other public sector workers
The thing is alot of them don't even know what their prostesting about. "We are prostesting for our right to protest" lol wat.

Dead Man

Choc said:
possibly the police should show respect to those who are protesting in a democratic fashion

because protesters won't move on you don't go straight to the Riot police

this isnt fucking Russia. Thats the big issue. The way the police handled it all and the wanker fuckwit melbourne mayor who has gone into hiding because he is gutless arsehole.
:)
Stop with the sense Choc.

Gez said:
The thing is alot of them don't even know what their prostesting about. "We are prostesting for our right to protest" lol wat.
Even if that were the case, that is a valuable thing to protest about.

Jintor said:
Clearly the best result would be to get independance but also still get invited to the Games. Maybe we can get an amicable divorce.

Just need to leave the Commonwealth realm, dump the royal family, but remain a member of the Commonwealth of Nations. The Queen only lords over the Uk, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, PNG and a few Caribbean and South Pacific Islands. South Africa, India, Malaysia etc... all are completely independent and are easy meat at the Commonwealth Games.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
FC Erzgebirge Aue from the German second division. It's been years since I've played FM, so it's been a bit of a slow start. Hoping to get promotion in my second season.

Ahh yeah, starting with the lower league jobs is always tough...

Gez said:
Yeah i got FM2012 but don't know why i bought it. I did the tutorials and still don't understand what to do. Anyone doing an OT? That game might knock off TF2 from the top spot.

Dunno about an OT... what do you want to know? How much do you know about Football to begin with?

My first few pieces of advice for any FM game start:
1) Sign new/improved coaches. This will help endlessly. Get the best your side can afford.
2) Get into the training area and balance the coaches for the most star ratings for each job. If you can get it down to each coach doing just the one job, awesome.
3) Check out your squad and look for the massive gaping holes in it, unless you are playing a top 3-4 side, you will have some. Even use the 'Team Report' feature to help. Its actual super improved with a full breakdown of squad depth this year. V.nice.
4) Get rid of the dross in your squad and fill it with youth prospects.
5) Loan players from top end clubs (especially in Div 2 or lower) are the way to go. I picked up Yaya Sanogo on loan after Manyoo bought him. Killing it so far and only 18.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
Did you just....did you just mentioned Tom Waits....in the same post as a Zooey Deschanel album?

Outside. Now.
The phrases 'Zooey Deschanel' and 'Christmas Album' firmly plant the album in the 'interesting' and not 'amazing' category.

Jintor

Vek said:
That usually happens when someone enters the wrong password too many time...

Exactly the problem. Dunno who did that though, I suspect dad. Anyway, got it reset. Delicious.

Anyway. Now to work tonight.

Choc

Banned
you know why people are protesting in the Arab world at the moment right gez?

They are protesting to have the right to protest? which they do not have right now. It is something australians take for granted way to often.

Libya is an amazing piece of history.

Card Boy

Banned
Omi said:
Ahh yeah, starting with the lower league jobs is always tough...

Dunno about an OT... what do you want to know? How much do you know about Football to begin with?

My first few pieces of advice for any FM game start:
1) Sign new/improved coaches. This will help endlessly. Get the best your side can afford.
2) Get into the training area and balance the coaches for the most star ratings for each job. If you can get it down to each coach doing just the one job, awesome.
3) Check out your squad and look for the massive gaping holes in it, unless you are playing a top 3-4 side, you will have some. Even use the 'Team Report' feature to help. Its actual super improved with a full breakdown of squad depth this year. V.nice.
4) Get rid of the dross in your squad and fill it with youth prospects.
5) Loan players from top end clubs (especially in Div 2 or lower) are the way to go. I picked up Yaya Sanogo on loan after Manyoo bought him. Killing it so far and only 18.
Thanks. I can do an OT, it will be a copy paste job from Wikipedia and the Steam Store though. I might do it in an hour or two. Should i post it Gaming or Community?

Agyar

If I order a Kindle from Amazon alongside a cover that doesn't ship for 3-4 weeks, what are the chances Amazon will wait on the cover to bundle the order?

I've had mixed experiences with grouped orders from Amazon previously.

Agyar said:
If I order a Kindle from Amazon alongside a cover that doesn't ship for 3-4 weeks, what are the chances Amazon will wait on the cover to bundle the order?

I've had mixed experiences with grouped orders from Amazon previously.

Order the kindle, let it ship and then order the cover.

Ugh. What a shit day of work. No wonder the government system is fucked. We have to fight and scratch and play dirty just to get paid shit money that regular contractors would laugh at. Want to send a plumber out to recommend a HWS to be replace? $8. Need to send an Electrician out if they want to change it from electric to gas? Fuck 'em, they can split the $8. SMH. Some people are cunts. I don't like to use that word but man, some of the people I have been dealing with in government employment enjoy nothing more than seeing honest hard working Australians screwed out of a dollar. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them are great people who honestly want to make a difference. It's just the cunts that make it hard on everyone that are getting me down.

SHOULD I BUY UC3 DAY ONE LOCAL OR IMPORT THE ULTIMATE EDITION FOR $130 SO I CAN FONDLE NOLAN NORTH AT NIGHT IN A FEW WEEKS TIME?

jambo said:
Did anyone else see the "Why I don't like the PC platform" thread in Gaming?
I just...
he..
wat
Just admit it. Racist.

jambo said:
I've always liked Ars Technica's Buy, Rent, Pass system.
It covers the bases well but makes it too hard for the fanboys to bitch about. I really like straight out PRO, CON, CONCLUSION, after a solid 2-ish page review. Maybe have a separate Opinion piece on how the game connects with you and thoughts on whether or not it met its potential.

Fredescu said:
His point is that the rented product is becoming increasingly worthless because of online passes and other DLC and DRM. Rent Arkham City for example, and get half the game.
Plus you can wait a month and get a game for $40. Wait 12 months for $15-30, etc.

jambo said:
The only game I'm hyped for is Half-Life 3.
Oh yeah, I forgot that was coming out on Christmas day.

Bernbaum said:
Quick looks remain the best reviews. They're pure: here's exactly how the game plays, and this is how an experienced gamer responds to it.
Hate quicklooks as they spoil the look and feel of the game for me. I wouldn't have enjoyed UC2 anywhere near as much if I went into it after a demo or watching it be played by a bunch of reviewers. Same with Batman. The richness of the world created has a dramatic effect on how involved I can become in the game.

3chopl0x said:
I prefer TotalBiscuits WTF is? videos over quicklooks, he does suck at puzzle games though :p
TotalBiscuits is really enjoyable to watch, very entertaining. I think it is the delightful accent.

Bernbaum said:
Did Gears of War 3 happen?
It happened and it was okay. I was very Gears-ish. Seemed to have a detailed MP mode which is nice to see but I'm not really into that stuff so the campaign itself was okay. Eh. Story telling and art direction was fantastic compared to the lacklustre showing in Gears 2.

evlcookie said:
Bern, the Metallica Lou reed is fucking terrible.
It was expected to be terrible as the two really don't go together. Not worth the time of day at all. Waste of creative energy by both bands.

remz said:
Also definitely agree with you Bern RE: incoming music, especially with Florence, can't wait to hear it. Justice too.
Both are fantastic thankfully. Especially Justice. The wait was worth it.

Bernbaum said:
I've come around on Mastodon's The Hunter - What are your toughts?
Fantastic bunch of self contained songs. Really enjoyable but not the epic that I was used to. An iPod generation album to be sure. Not in a bad way either, all bands need to have some material that you can just add to a random playlist. Not every listening experience with a band should be 20+ minutes long, we just don't live that kind of lifestyle.

Favourite metal album of the moment is Amnesia by Hamlet. Obviously big Max Cavalera fans with the fantastic chord progression style of metal. Really enjoyable.

Fredescu said:
Was anyone a Sonic Youth fan?
You heard of Yuck? Bunch of kids started an awesome Indie Rock band in the UK called Cajun Dance Party and released the awesome Amylase when they were only 15. Imploded. Made a Sonic Youth/Dino Jnr. influenced band called Yuck. Hope they have success as they are awesome. They also have the pre-requisite female bass player.

Fredescu said:
The sad thing is he has a point with how overused that meme has become. Then he gave a new meaning to the word belaboured.
I tend to use it in a self-depricating manner. Such as, "What version of Batman am I getting! Master Race edition of course! (which is coming a month late and probably won't work at release and then 5 hours in GFWL will eat my save :( :( )"

Gazunta said:
At least Dead Man was nice enough to post too!

Gez said:
That seems like a good reason to protest actually. Continue to have the right to voice your opinion, etc. Better than just wanting to start shit. Select people in both the protesters and the police have being doing the wrong thing but it is stupid to lump them all in together.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rage finally turned up after 2 weeks and 1 day from ozgameshop. I've installed it, updated it and got the anarchy dlc / sewer dlc registered and ready to go.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, Hopefully play some more Alice and battlefield 3.

evlcookie said:
Rage finally turned up after 2 weeks and 1 day from ozgameshop. I've installed it, updated it and got the anarchy dlc / sewer dlc registered and ready to go.
Best FPS of the year for me. Looks like concept art from afar, even on my aging machine. Buttery smooth too. SHOTGUN IS SO DAMN SATISFYING. Also the AI is very impressive, same with animation. Really enjoying the driving too, handles brilliantly even with M+KB. Story and structure is garbage but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

Yagharek

Choc said:
Jintor, of course its the problem with numbers

but fucking honestly, game breaking bugs for single player = 9.8?!

Come on man, as if major review outlets arent either a) appeasing/reviewing what their core audience wants to hear or b) being coerced by publishers.

Guaranteed, 99% of all the big games out this year will be forgotten by january. 100% of the smaller games will too, sadly. Activision and EA are sucking the life out of gaming.

edit: also, review outlets never mention game breaking bugs. Fallout 3, new vegas, oblivion, kotor2 all got insanely high review scores despite them. A mainstream game like bf3 is going to get a free pass.

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
Best FPS of the year for me. Looks like concept art from afar, even on my aging machine. Buttery smooth too. SHOTGUN IS SO DAMN SATISFYING. Also the AI is very impressive, same with animation. Really enjoying the driving too, handles brilliantly even with M+KB. Story and structure is garbage but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

Agreed. As soon as you get your gun out it's just pure FPS bliss.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Come on man, as if major review outlets arent either a) appeasing/reviewing what their core audience wants to hear or b) being coerced by publishers.

Guaranteed, 99% of all the big games out this year will be forgotten by january. 100% of the smaller games will too, sadly. Activision and EA are sucking the life out of gaming.
Know what smaller game everyone needs to play? Sequence. You can get it for free via a thread that Feep created, but it's worth every penny you pay on Steam. Puzzle Quest mixed with Bemani.

Everyone here, get it nao.

Deeku

I've given the Coldplay album a few more listens now, and I guess it's not that bad. Paradise is still the only stand out song for me. Pretty annoyed that Moving to Mars isn't on it, really dug that song.

I don't know, mixed feelings about the album.

Yagharek

uruN0.gif

Jintor

Reviews will mention game-breaking bugs if they experience them, generally speaking. For instance, I crashed at least once every level on Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2, buggy piece of crap that it was.

Rahk

Shaneus said:
Know what smaller game everyone needs to play? Sequence. You can get it for free via a thread that Feep created, but it's worth every penny you pay on Steam. Puzzle Quest mixed with Bemani.

Everyone here, get it nao.
Agreed. Might donate some money since I'm enjoying it and probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Echoplx

Rahk said:
Why the bold text? Just emphasizing they are big issues and the game still got 5/5?

5/5 score indicates a perfect game (well it should) so it doesn't make sense to give it to a game with flaws. Should have been a 4.9 obviously.

Rahk

3chopl0x said:
5/5 score indicates a perfect game (well it should) so it doesn't make sense to give it to a game with flaws. Should have been a 4.9 obviously.
I don't really buy the whole perfect score should only be given to perfect games (since every game has issues and it's subjective), especially on a 5 point scale, but that's beside the point. I'm not saying BF3 should have been given 5/5 despite the issues either, just speaking in general.

Was just wondering why those two points were in bold specifically. Because they are larger issues or otherwise?

Yagharek

Cohsae said:
Single player bugs in BF3? Who the hell is buying BF3 for the campaign. Seriously.

While this is true, I'd have been more interested in a review focussing on what kind of rewards you can get in the multiplayer mode. I'd like to know if it's anything like Fifa Ultimate Team, so I can get warning in advance about increased likelihood of losing my xbox live account.

Choc said:
Yeah that really is true. You can tell that DICE want to focus on doing their own thing and perfect the MP but EA need them to try and bring in the COD crowd with a bombastic single player campaign. Didn't work with Bad Company and I don't think it will work with BF3. Those who want to play another COD MP will see the difference with BF3 and prefer to stay with their chosen style while those who want the COD campaign are already invested in the messed up story and Captain Awesome Price adventures. I have zero interest in the MP but I HAVE to know if my boy the Priceter saves the world in America, Fuck Yeah fashion.

Cohsae

DeathJr said:
Campaign looked pretty sweet in the videos. Helps to sell the game.
Ehh I guess. Just not what appeals to me at all. If I was making the trailer it'd just be like 2 random minutes of multiplayer insanity.
Basically everything should be about me me me and I want BF3 now but instead I have to do boring things in the real world.

Top Bottom