• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I met an ex that way. She was kind of a flower child.

I did notice throughout uni that I would only ever randomly meet cute girls when I was already in a relationship. It was most frustrating.

Hah!

;__;

Deeku

midonnay said:
I cried when I got to day 7 of devil survivor..... >_>
I should really go back and finish that game. Got stuck on a boss and stopped playing, which is what happens with most games I play.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
That or get girls who you dated only a couple of times, once they see you're in a relationship on Facebook , ring you up and tell you how much they've missed you and want you AND basically preposition you to come sleep with them.

True story.

No really it is.

Fredescu

Also, when you're already in a relationship you tend to have a bit more confidence about yourself, which girls pick up on and are attracted to. Viscious circle that one.

Fredescu said:
Why? The joking, or the lack of emotional content? The former has happened with plenty of new media in days past, and the latter, I haven't seen a painting or sculpture or anything that has reduced me to tears.
So what you’re saying is you’ve never seen a Michelangelo, a Bernini or a Donatello in person before?

Choc

Banned
im not saying games lack emotional content im saying that it has not made me tear up

i have felt bad in games though

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Why? The joking, or the lack of emotional content? The former has happened with plenty of new media in days past, and the latter, I haven't seen a painting or sculpture or anything that has reduced me to tears.

I may have been taking the piss, just slightly.

The mocking of someones writing style and how they get their point across is fair enough (I mean, I probably shouldn't do it, because I can't write for shit.), but to make a mockery of how someone felt while playing a game, or watching a film or even looking at a painting to use your example is really hard to criticise, as everything effects each of us differently.

Oh and a videogame doesn't have to create emotional reactions to be an art form. Yes, I am a troll. ;)

RandomVince said:
The closest a game has brought me to tears is the Cortana level in Halo 3 and the fucking cheap wall hugging flood fuckers. Ruined the game.
The first game where I almost teared up was the ending and fade into credits of Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

When the prince whispers 'kokulukea' and then Time only knows starts playing. One of the most beautiful moments in my gaming experience.

Fredescu

So what you’re saying is you’ve never seen a Michelangelo, a Bernini or a Donatello in person before?
Fredescu said:
Also never played FF7.
To expand on that response, I'm skeptical that seeing any such works in person would even get close to bringing me to tears. I completely lack the artisitic vocabulary for visual art to have that sort of effect.

That's talking about me personally. I don't doubt the ability for visual art to make someone very emotional, and I also don't doubt the ability of a video game to make someone very emotional.

Hell, Mario Galaxy made me feel emotional at the joyous end of the spectrum. I tend to avoid horror games because I know they will make me feel very emotional.

Fredescu said:
To expand on that response, I'm skeptical that seeing any such works in person would even get close to bringing me to tears. I completely lack the artisitic vocabulary for visual art to have that sort of effect.
I've seen what are considered most of the 'great' works of art, and besides looking at most of them and thinking they're pretty, I've been mostly otherwise unmoved.

Shaneus

Ydahs said:
After the reaction to Eurogamer's 8 for Uncharted, I can kind of understand the pressure video game reviewers are under with the scores.
That's it. I'm going to create "Uncharted 3 review thread... review thread" and just link to all the posts here that bag out everyone's reactions. They deserve to be called out.

VOOK said:
Not that one anyway, he didn't even reply.

But yup, people in the industry.
I bet it was Serrels. That guy looks pretty dodgy.

legend166 said:
I definitely haven't.

I watched the last 30 minutes of Con Air the other day. I got more emotion from that movie than I have from any video game ever.

I MEAN COME ON, him meeting his daughter for the first time, giving her the bunny and then hugging his smoking hot wife, with Leanne Rimes coming on in the background? All this after chasing down John Malkovich on a motorbike with John Cusack at his side? ;_;
Damn fucking straight. And then it cuts to
Steve Buscemi playing poker or something while Sweet Home Alabama plays
, it makes you think that there's hope for us all in this crazy world.

Fredescu said:
Sounds reasonable.
I don't believe that's actually run by anyone from IT... but I might just be thinking of the IGNdotcom Twitter account.

Rezbit

Bernbaum said:
I don't remember that Ninja Turtle. What weapon did he have?

nn1ok8.jpg

Kritz

Banned
I have so many coins I can't close my wallet, even after giving a $3 tip of 10c / 20c coins.

It's the year 2011, why we still got physical currency and minimum eftpos limits?

Kritz said:
I have so many coins I can't close my wallet, even after giving a $3 tip of 10c / 20c coins.
I took out ₩600,000 in Korea earlier this year. The ATM churned out 60 ₩10,000 notes. I literally couldn't close my wallet.

codswallop said:
I've seen what are considered most of the 'great' works of art, and besides looking at most of them and thinking they're pretty, I've been mostly otherwise unmoved.
I think half the issue for the GREAT works of art is that you need to know what you’re looking at to really see what makes it so special. I’m not ashamed to say that I shed a manly tear or two whilst contemplating Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne.

Gazunta

I'm gonna rewrite that Daytona Brendan Brewer comic so he bashes the game for not having the emotional range of a renaissance painter.

You know what sucks? Writing presentations about things that nobody knows anything about.

Edit: Wait, what's this about Choc's dad working for Sony now?

Salazar

I’m not ashamed to say that I shed a manly tear or two whilst contemplating Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne.

A man who appreciates Bernini can definitely send random girls my way.

Kritz

Banned
codswallop said:
I took out ₩600,000 in Korea earlier this year. The ATM churned out 60 ₩10,000 notes. I literally couldn't close my wallet.
Lol.

I'm having my 5th long black of today to rid me of another $3.50.

Only $10 of coins to go.

midonnay

freo heave ho freo heave ho.....something something something.... freo heave ho

freo way to go something something something something.... below

freo way to go, we are the freo dockers

Choc

Banned
We're the giants from the west - Hurrah Hurrah
We will put you to the test - Hurrah Hurrah
We're the giants from the west
We never give up, We'll show we're the best
As Greater Western Sydney
March on to victory

LOL GWS gimped Sydney Swans replaced onwards with march

VOOK said:
That or get girls who you dated only a couple of times, once they see you're in a relationship on Facebook , ring you up and tell you how much they've missed you and want you AND basically preposition you to come sleep with them.

True story.

No really it is.

This sounds familiar. I recall a similar post made by VOOK64 on Reddit ; )

Jintor

midonnay said:
so addictive.... I pop like three at a time to get that minty nitro boost

The only downside is that after about three hours of constant mint-popping you begin to lose the ability to taste subtle flavours.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
The only downside is that after about three hours of constant mint-popping you begin to lose the ability to taste subtle flavours.
Not to mention the runs from all the artificial sweetner.

Top Bottom