• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Choc

Banned
Welcome to the dictatorship known as WA

You heard they have sent out letters to a number of people who run lobby groups in WA banning them from CHOGM security areas and the ywill be arrested if they are seen there

um

when the FUCK did Australia get to be such a police state? what a fucking joke. One of the guys sent a letter is the lead of the deaths in custody lobby group

what

Colin barnett is a fuckwit

aaah contagion looks awesome!

D: This creepy guy kept following me around trying to hug me at the last supanova. Not sure if I'll cosplay again... It'd be nice if there was a costume that was cute, but didn't scream "I AM A WEEABOO! STRANGERS! HUG ME!".

Yagharek

shanshan310 said:

D: This creepy guy kept following me around trying to hug me at the last supanova. Not sure if I'll cosplay again... It'd be nice if there was a costume that was cute, but didn't scream "I AM A WEEABOO! STRANGERS! HUG ME!".

Pick something with real spikes on it then?

Deeku

shanshan310 said:

That's the reason why I don't really want to go to an anime convention. While I do kinda like the stuff, most of the people at these cons are awkward, creepy weirdos.

But Jintor's plan of going together and being disinterested in everything sounds fun!

Edit: also, who did you cosplay as lol?

Steel Angel Kurumi. In hindsight it was a bad idea. lol. I had fun though. Thinking about doing Kurisu from Stein's gate, if I can get a costume in time. The funniest/ creepiest part of the day was the couple of occasions when I could hear the guy from somewhere in the crowd going "Kuruuuumiiiiii".

One of my friends (who posts here on occasion, though we may have lost him to something awful) said he met up with some gaffers at supanova before I got there, which was a bit disappointing :(

shanshan310 said:
Steel Angel Kurumi. In hindsight it was a bad idea. lol. I had fun though. Thinking about doing Kurisu from Stein's gate, if I can get a costume in time. The funniest/ creepiest part of the day was the couple of occasions when I could hear the guy from somewhere in the crowd going "Kuruuuumiiiiii".

One of my friends (who posts here on occasion, though we may have lost him to something awful) said he met up with some gaffers at supanova before I got there, which was a bit disappointing :(

i actually really liked steel angel kurumi. i have vol1 and vol2 dvds on me somewhere. from memory it was the last anime i watched and liked.

Deeku

shanshan310 said:
The funniest/ creepiest part of the day was the couple of occasions when I could hear the guy from somewhere in the crowd going "Kuruuuumiiiiii".
:eek:

I felt chills down my spine when I read that, ugh!

Yagharek

Why isnt iView on PS3 anymore?!

edit: n/m, found it. PS3 decided to hide the menu option until I put in a game disc to verify region, then select my channels from in game xmb and then install the iview viewer which is just a fucking weblink anyway.

Way to go sony.

Jintor

shanshan310 said:

Kawaiiiiiii~

Me and a friend have a plan to do Phoenix Wright + Dalia Hawethorne, but I think I could do a reasonable Travis Touchdown...

Jintor said:
Me and a friend have a plan to do Phoenix Wright + Dalia Hawethorne, but I think I could do a reasonable Travis Touchdown...

ooh, a group cosplay would be so much fun! Very few of my friends are cosplay types though, and even if they are most don't have the energy to make a good costume. Crossing my fingers that stein's gate might be a-go.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Kawaiiiiiii~

I dunno man, it's going to be hard for me to look disinterested in everything when I'm standing next to Travis fucking Touchdown!

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
Why isnt iView on PS3 anymore?!

edit: n/m, found it. PS3 decided to hide the menu option until I put in a game disc to verify region, then select my channels from in game xmb and then install the iview viewer which is just a fucking weblink anyway.

Way to go sony.
Gave me a heart attack there, that's how I watch most of the stuff on ABC, which is most of my TV viewing.

Yagharek

Dead Man said:
Gave me a heart attack there, that's how I watch most of the stuff on ABC, which is most of my TV viewing.

Yeah I was mildly tetchy when I found out the iview launcher wasnt there. Seems to be a minor "feature" of a new firmware.

My girlfriend wants to order a PS3 from Amazon UK because of how much cheaper it is. Safe? Will Amazon be awesome if someone loses the package? Anyone had experience doing this?

Megadrive said:
My girlfriend wants to order a PS3 from Amazon UK because of how much cheaper it is. Safe? Will Amazon be awesome if someone loses the package? Anyone had experience doing this?

I ordered one on Amazon a couple of days ago. I won't get it till mid November so I can't tell you just yet, but since I found the deal in this thread I'm sure someone else will have experience.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's clear that it will be the USA since the five and logo did look familiar - http://i.imgur.com/Q4RnQ.jpg

But still. Maybe it will be set in wales, get some of those fine accents going.

DeathJr said:
$40? Awesome! Our state manager was about to sign us up to a similar service that was $120 a month, I'll have to email her that link.

Rezbit said:
First game of basketball in about a decade. Didn't have enough players on the bench. Is this what death feels like?
Basketball has denigrated to standing around the key throwing one handed, talking shit, for me and my friends. Might be time to get in shape again.

DeathJr said:
Your main concern should be if the PC gets it almost a year later, like GTA4. :p
Or not at all like RDR, which I am still tender about. LA Noire does NOT make up for it.

Omi said:
Pretty much, the GTA 'genre' hasn't been improved on since 3 imo. Its more just a refinement to the point of boredom.
Agreed. VC and SA added a bunch of cool features onto that formula but 4 removed most of them and added a lot of gunk. RDR was a step in the right direction so hopefully most of that team are involved in GTA5. I just want fun. Gay Tony was better.

OneMoreQuestion said:
OH GOD DON'T VISIT THE LINDSAY THREAD!

Just had a near-miss experience, saw the ugliest bacon ever... D:
FuE4m.jpg

Shaneus said:
We still can! It's not too late!
Well what are you up to on the weekend? It is a family weekend away so I'm not sure how much time I will have.

GTA wouldn't work anywhere but the US, since it skewers the whole culture so well. I'd love to see it in Hong Kong (pity True Crime was canned) but it's not going to happen. There was a rumour about LA/Hollywood a while back though.

Omikron

GTA really should start pushing into new ground. Seeing they have successfully deadly with crime. Maybe add a punishment angle a well.

When you are caught by the cops. You are put through some sort of reverse LA noir interrogation scene. Once that is over and you are charged due to a failure in that scene. You get a trial where you can early on only represent yourself due to lack of funds and you must preform some Ace Attorny magic to get acquitted.

Now if you are finally sent down for your virtual crimes. You spend the virtual hours of the sentence playing rockstar table tennis.

I am thinking the conservatives would go for it personally to prove there its consequence.

Choc

Banned
Tony Abbott has fucking LOST IT

Finally Australia can see him for all he has worth. He will not support the pokies changes and in fact will repeal it

AUSTRALIA ITS NOT TO LATE TO TURN YOUR BACK ON HIM.

Salazar

bodyboarder said:
I'm pretty sure I have season 1+2 at home if your interested in buying them.

Cheers. I'll watch 3 and see how I feel about it.

Space Marine updating with Exterminatus. Fuck yeah. And Rugby Challenge is proving damned entertaining. The 'vapour trail' effect showing the movement of players joining the ruck is genius.

Choc

Banned
salazar does it work with a 360 controller

edit: just started my cluster headache 2011 episode (usually lasts 2-3 weeks every 2 days once a year at the exact same time. Seems to be 2:30am this time around)

feel sorry for me

quotes from wikipedia

The pain of cluster headaches is markedly greater than in other headache conditions, including severe migraines; experts have suggested that it may be the most painful condition known to medical science

Female patients have reported it as being more severe than childbirth

"Cluster headache is probably the worst pain that humans experience. I know that’s quite a strong remark to make, but if you ask a cluster headache patient if they’ve had a worse experience, they’ll universally say they haven't. Women with cluster headache will tell you that an attack is worse than giving birth. So you can imagine that these people give birth without anesthetic once or twice a day, for six, eight, or ten weeks at a time, and then have a break. It's just awful.

The pain is lancinating or boring/drilling in quality, and is located behind the eye (periorbital) or in the temple, sometimes radiating to the neck or shoulder. Analogies frequently used to describe the pain are a red-hot poker inserted into the eye, or a spike penetrating from the top of the head, behind one eye, radiating down to the neck, or sometimes having a leg amputated without any anaestheti

Cluster headaches are occasionally referred to as "alarm clock headaches" because of their ability to wake a person from sleep and because of the regularity of their timing: both the individual attacks and the clusters themselves can have a metronomic regularity; attacks striking at a precise time of day each morning or night is typical, even precisely at the same time a week later

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache

Played the FIFA 12 demo last night. Haven't played a FIFA game since... 2003? 2004? It says that the demo is not indicative of the final product -- WTF, isn't that the point of a demo?

Anyway I played three matches on intermediate, and every one finished with a 0:0 result. The game didn't seem to have any actual information on how the penalties works, and when I paused to check the controls, those controls didn't seem to actually be what the game used when trying to save penalties.

Maybe I'll have another look in 2019.

Top Bottom