• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Marshmellow said:
Ahh but i would have played it much later lol. when i was like 12 maybe.
1st stuff i ever played was PSX games, when i was 7 years old and i invested 500+ hours into a single Final Fantasy 7 save. i still have my old memory card with the save on it :D
I had one of those cheap memory cards with my Final Fantasy saves on it. Died suddenly one day with many hundreds of hours of play on it. :(
Never cheaped out on storage again!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shaneus said:
My folks are actually pretty good with theirs. If anything, they're overly cautious with what they install on their PC. Although my old man is starting to talk eBay and I'm wary that he doesn't quite have the nous to navigate it without getting screwed.
My parents are probably better at using their PCs than me for what it's worth, although they run a I.T business and are pretty tech-savvy in general.

I just realised that with the new rules going on in Gaming, Community is going to get a significant traffic bump sometime in January or late December.
I haven't been here in months, and noticed this thread has gotten a surge of activity since i last viewed the thread, I should post here more often from now on!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
The Synology one has a schedule you can specify, as well as working with WOL. What it doesn't do that I'd love is allow it to send WOL packets from the device, but I can live without that.

I do love the look and simplicity of the synology OS. It also runs the apps that i need to run which is awesome.

I was looking at the Synology DS411j only because it's cheapish at $375, You're one is way out of my budget haha. It's part of why i'm learning towards the HP and a software raid setup. There's a huge thread over on ocau and other forums for it along with the fact it's only $250, so it's cheaper than the synology but does require some hands on love.

And i've got a lot of love and spare time to give :(

Deeku

Marshmellow said:
Ahh but i would have played it much later lol. when i was like 12 maybe.
1st stuff i ever played was PSX games, when i was 7 years old and i invested 500+ hours into a single Final Fantasy 7 save. i still have my old memory card with the save on it :D
That would be an awesome thing to break out and show your grand kids one day.

"Back in my dayyy..."

Yagharek

legend166 said:
Haha.

I guess I'm different, but I couldn't think of a worse way to spend a Friday than snorting some lines in a bathroom cubicle and then going clubbing for 12 hours.

I think if I had to do that I'd hope I'd just overdose and die straight away.

Go have a look on iview, there's a show called supersize me where they eat various food/diets from historical periods eg victorian england, or king henry VIII inspired diets etc and measure what effects it has. Last weeks episode had a 1920s theme, and that bit of trivia about the use of cocaine amongst the wealthy employed elite (ie today's professionals) and their disconnect from society and the reality of impending DOOOOOOOOOOooooooom.

There is also that old bit of trivia about inverse correlation between lipstick sales and recession. I wonder if depressions and cocaine has the same link. 1 from 1 so far, lets make it 2 from 2.

Choc

Banned
Samuel L Jackson needs to go into the European leaders meeting and start saying

'This is not about you people, this is about the world motherfuckers. You fucked up, but your fuck up is not going to cost the entire world. English, do you speak it motherfuckers? Yes? well then SORT YOUR FUCKING SHIT OUT AND STOP SQUABBLING OVER NOTHING IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THE MAJOR FUCKUP YOU FOUND YOURSELF IN

interestingly UK is going to have a referendum to remove itself from the EU after a parliament vote won 400 votes to 111

Yagharek

commanderdeek said:

"Back in my dayyy..."

"Back in my day" we didnt have memory cards. We had cartridges. And you finished a game in one sitting or used a passcode.

Which, incidentally explains why my friend didnt know what ink ribbons were for in the Resident Evil game on PS1. He kept getting killed by the first couple of Hunters, then he had to start again. And again. And again.

His cousin also nearly finished Chakan on the megadrive before his brother tripped over the power cord. 13 hours of progress and one little brother annihilated.

commanderdeek said:

"Back in my dayyy..."

Indeed, bust out the save. Check this out kids, everyone 99 everything unlocked, 500 hours.
Your Father/grandfather is pro!

RandomVince said:
"Back in my day" we didnt have memory cards. We had cartridges. And you finished a game in one sitting or used a passcode.

Which, incidentally explains why my friend didnt know what ink ribbons were for in the Resident Evil game on PS1. He kept getting killed by the first couple of Hunters, then he had to start again. And again. And again.

His cousin also nearly finished Chakan on the megadrive before his brother tripped over the power cord. 13 hours of progress and one little brother annihilated.
I was about to finish the secret boss on a 100% file of DKC3 and my cousin tripped over the controller cable, making the game crash. Rebooted only to find my save had been erased. ;_;

Salazar

Anybody here had fun with Payday: The Heist ?

Grabbing it now. Stronghold is also downloading, but I am told that it is buggy as fuck at the moment.

Deeku

RandomVince said:
Oh man, I'd give anything to find the little exercise book I used to write that stuff down.

Yagharek

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I was about to finish the secret boss on a 100% file of DKC3 and my cousin tripped over the controller cable, making the game crash. Rebooted only to find my save had been erased. ;_;

Ouch.

Ive been lucky, Ive never lost a save I cared about.

jambo

viciouskillersquirrel said:

How did you explain his/her death?

Salazar said:
Anybody here had fun with Payday: The Heist ?

Grabbing it now. Stronghold is also downloading, but I am told that it is buggy as fuck at the moment.

I downloaded it as well, Banana and a few other people seemed to be playing it constantly whenever I would join Steam chat.

Shaneus

Scoring free games from the demo computers in Myer and Dick Smith. Or this classic gem I remember entering on the Myer C64s in Geelong:

10 PRINT "MYER SUCKS"
20 GOTO 10

ClivePwned said:
magazines that came with free games. you just had to type them out in basic when you wanted to play them
And then spend three hours poring over it when you screwed up one character in the middle somewhere.

jambo

Bernbaum said:
viciouskillersquirrel likes Maroon 5. What the fuck man, I used to think you were cool!

I saw that. It'll come in handy whenever anyone is arguing/debating with him. Just mention that he likes Maroon 5 and you win by default.

Y'all are just a bunch of haters who dislike Maroon 5 by association instead of the merits of their music and have only ever heard their singles. I will admit, however, to not liking their second album at all.

Omi said:
Someone borrowed my Goldeneye cart and deleted my 100% save.

I could have committed a heinous crime that day.

Someone borrowed pokemon yellow from me and overwrote my save even after i specifically reminded him not to. We are no longer friends.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Made this for Serrels

dgpWI.png

Deeku

Marshmellow said:
Someone borrowed pokemon yellow from me and overwrote my save even after i specifically reminded him not to. We are no longer friends.
Heh, when I was in yr 7, there was this kid that was OBSESSED with pokemon to the point where he could recite pokedex entries. So my friends and I thought it would be awesome if we broke into his locker and reset his 100% save. Didn't get the reaction we were hoping for though. He basically just accepted the fact and walked off. Our theory was that he probably had the other version 100%'d as well. This event may have triggered the downfall in his studies and he got expelled like a year later.

Anyway, the last time I saw this guy was a few years ago in the city, wearing a black tank top army cargo pants, cigarette in mouth and hanging with some mean looking dudes. I totally ran the other way.

commanderdeek said:
Heh, when I was in yr 7, there was this kid that was OBSESSED with pokemon to the point where he could recite pokedex entries. So my friends and I thought it would be awesome if we broke into his locker and reset his 100% save. Didn't get the reaction we were hoping for though. He basically just accepted the fact and walked off. Our theory was that he probably had the other version 100%'d as well.

Anyway, the last time I saw this guy was a few years ago in the city, wearing a black tank top army cargo pants, cigarette in mouth and hanging with some mean looking dudes. I totally ran the other way.

At least now you get to live knowing that YOU caused that. :p

I could recite all 250 pokemon off hand when i was in school and when it was still 250 (not freaking like 600). Then again i could also tell you exactly where to go/what you needed and how to complete all of the quests for both alliance and horde up to the end of Burning Crusade. Had a weird memory for that stuff, these days i wouldn't be able to though.

Choc

Banned
can i assume from this BF3 broke?

If i was eb i'd stop arranging midnight launches

whats the point, FIFA 11 broke on them with a major midnight launch planned

now BF3

probably MW3

lol

The Maroon 5 song on the radio at the moment makes me want to kill myself.

Then again the lead singer has had sex with Maria Sharapova and at least one Victoria's Secret Angel, so I guess he wins.

Fusebox

Banned
legend166 said:
Haha.

I guess I'm different, but I couldn't think of a worse way to spend a Friday than snorting some lines in a bathroom cubicle and then going clubbing for 12 hours.

I think if I had to do that I'd hope I'd just overdose and die straight away.

That's why you do the lines and then go out, and when you want more go to a hotel room.

Choc said:
can i assume from this BF3 broke?

If i was eb i'd stop arranging midnight launches

whats the point, FIFA 11 broke on them with a major midnight launch planned

now BF3

probably MW3

lol
Well they're not selling it yet:

EB Australia Twitter said:
At this stage it is still NOT on sale. Both stores reported to break aren't selling anymore. We'll keep you updated tho :)
http://twitter.com/#!/EBGamesAus/status/129038446525284354

LOTR: War in the North finally came up on steam @ $50
I just bought it from GMG for $26.

Anyone else getting it? Would be cool to co-op with some fellow GAF peeps.

Omikron

Jintor said:
Really missing out by not really playing multiplayer games these days. I miss my old PCPP L4D2 and TF2 community matches.

Speaking of L4D2... they chucked out some more betas of the old maps recently, I need to get back to it.

Top Bottom