• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo

People are actually defending Blizzard's decision to have no mods in Diablo III...

fappenmeister said:
BF3, Pc, this weekend, let's do this.

I'm at a mates all weekend, but Sunday night I'll get a few rounds in!

MrSerrels

Choc said:
this is right, a certain female is furious indeed.

so is this the retailer rising up against Publisher bullshit as they might think it is, or will the publishers finally bite back and fuck jb up

For the sake of street dates future they need to do the latter. Serrels there is seriously a story in this medium term if you can find people who will talk about what goes down.

Yeah, I've already been thinking about how to write it. I'm going to let the dust settle on it though. Right now all anyone cares about is the fact that BF3 is out and where the f*** can I buy it.

Yagharek

Choc said:
this is right, a certain female is furious indeed.

so is this the retailer rising up against Publisher bullshit as they might think it is, or will the publishers finally bite back and fuck jb up

For the sake of street dates future they need to do the latter. Serrels there is seriously a story in this medium term if you can find people who will talk about what goes down.

Eh, who cares if theyre upset. EA can get fucked.

Cohsae

evlcookie said:
I need to find music for our BF3 nights.

I'm thinking of specific theme music that i can play as we drive around in jeeps trying to be cool. Like, maybe a song from the lion king as we set off into the dessert sand bouncing across hills. In the jungle the lion sleeps tonight as we fly our jeeps into said jungle etc etc.
This is all you need.

Retailers are desperate because importers are not bound by street dates, and are thus stealing their customers.

The best option for retailers is to fix their pricing. But we all know that's not going to happen.

jambo

evlcookie said:
I need to find music for our BF3 nights.

I'm thinking of specific theme music that i can play as we drive around in jeeps trying to be cool. Like, maybe a song from the lion king as we set off into the dessert sand bouncing across hills. In the jungle the lion sleeps tonight as we fly our jeeps into said jungle etc etc.

The classic. The original. The best.

If that doesn't get you pumped up you are dead to me.

Shaneus said:
Vision Street Wear, motherfucker.

What about this? Edit: er that was a dress
RJWUb.jpg

Also, suggestion for BF3 in a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmvG2ZiPfoo

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
More like marathon of one. And then read The Lost World.
Watching Jurassic Park back to back with Jurassic Park counts as a marathon.

They should have made a film out of Michael Crichton's 'The Lost World'. Behavioural evolution and prions is where the motherfucking party is at.

The Shift

Banned
Heh, went out at lunch time to track down a Forza 4 LE. EB at Mt Gravatt had one on reserve but JB over at Carindale had three in stock so I nabbed one there. Went upstairs to check out EB and it was on the cusp of becoming a madhouse. They have all the BF3 stock out and promo shit - I asked they guy at the counter whats the deal. 'JB leaked it so we have been given the go ahead here!..something-something re: Target being the first to leak and JB then EB following suit. Then a micro rant about paying staff for midnight launch etc'. Ok, sweet. So I request a transfer for my preorder at Garden City 'Sure, no worries and we will upgrade you to the Physical Warfare pack at no cost'. Nice.

Got home and cracked BF and noticed the steelbook has no discs inside. Hmmm. The standard 360 plastic case has the discs and codes intact so all is good. Seems like an odd way to package a product.

Edit - wow, and I thought Gears 3 skimped on the instruction manual. Why even bother EA.

Bernbaum

MrSerrels said:
I disagree. Like, I get it. But when JB started selling, 50% of retailers didn't have stock, and that's unfair.
I just got back from Big W, where I bought Jurassic Park BluRay edition and Gears of War 3
fuck yes
, and they were sorting through a box of PS3 copies of BF3.

They all knew about the street date break but weren't budging. The clerk quipped 'if they waited one day, they would have saved $20 buying it from us'. I also sensed they were annoyed because everyone wants their day-one perch, and they knew they would have missed out on sales. It's Big W, but it must be harder on the smaller guys.

Split second help guys. I need a new mouse. The MX518 has been replaced by the g400 which I can get for $50 locally today, or within a week for $45 from LogitechShop. I could also buy a MX518 from somewhere in Asia for $35 and get it in 2-Never weeks.

What should I do? Anyone use the g400? They didn't nerf it did they?

Bernbaum said:

They should have made a film out of Michael Crichton's 'The Lost World'. Behavioural evolution and prions is where the motherfucking party is at.
Loved the shit out of that book and aside from getting more sexy Goldblum the movie was a bit of a bust. The low budget RTS tie in PC game was awesomely B-Grade though!

Bernbaum said:
I just got back from Big W, where I bought Jurassic Park BluRay edition and Gears of War 3
fuck yes
, and they were sorting through a box of PS3 copies of BF3.

They all knew about the street date break but weren't budging. The clerk quipped 'if they waited one day, they would have saved $20 buying it from us'. I also sensed they were annoyed because everyone wants their day-one perch, and they knew they would have missed out on sales. It's Big W, but it must be harder on the smaller guys.
Big W have broken street dates in the past. I remember picking up some 360 game back in 2006-2007 before street date. I'm pretty sure I remember them getting in trouble from the publisher and having to wait a week for stock of some big name game.

Omikron

Bernbaum said:

TBH I would just take a more faithful remake of the original Jurassic Park too! :D

Yagharek

MrSerrels said:
I disagree. Like, I get it. But when JB started selling, 50% of retailers didn't have stock, and that's unfair.

And yet EA lied about including BF 1943 as a freebie. Sympathy for EA is zero. For retailers, I think the point has been long made that they need to look after themselves. ie sell upon receipt of games.

Fredescu said:
I bought an MX518 a couple of weeks ago for a friend. It seems to be in stock at a bunch of places. PCCG have it for eg.
None of the stores here have it though. They are only getting stock of the G400 now. I don't mind paying the extra $10 for an upgraded model but just wanted to make sure it wasn't worse than the model it is replacing.

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
None of the stores here have it though. They are only getting stock of the G400 now. I don't mind paying the extra $10 for an upgraded model but just wanted to make sure it wasn't worse than the model it is replacing.
No idea. Just saying, shipping from PCCG might be a better option than 2-never weeks from asia. If I was in your situation I'd totally overthink it, looking at all the possible models at every pricepoint, decide on one that's too expensive, so decide to wait until it comes down in price, then completely forget about it and continue to use my old mouse with a disintegrating middle button go for the G400.

Fredescu said:
No idea. Just saying, shipping from PCCG might be a better option than 2-never weeks from asia. If I was in your situation I'd totally overthink it, looking at all the possible models at every pricepoint, decide on one that's too expensive, so decide to wait until it comes down in price, then completely forget about it and continue to use my old mouse with a disintegrating middle button go for the G400.
Basically yeah. PCCG means getting postage fees but the ebay shop for LogitechShop has it for $45 inc postage. I think I have run out of time to go down to the local store and grab it tonight for $50 so LS might get my dollars while I am stuck in the office tonight.

Edit: ffffffffffff damn my indecision! Really want to fondle a new mouse tonight but Super Billing are now shut. :(

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
I hope the Australian's new subscription and online business model fails.

Why? Pure, baseless, schadenfreude.
If you want to cash in on that schadenfreude a little early, go to their website, click on an article, note that you only get the first paragraph or two, then google the headline, and click on the article in the results.

Just transferred all of my Mastercard points to Virign points and got 20% extra, seeing as i never have any use for the stuff on the CC store anyway.

Seems like a pretty good deal. didn't know this was possible either, will do this more often.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
If you want to cash in on that schadenfreude a little early, go to their website, click on an article, note that you only get the first paragraph or two, then google the headline, and click on the article in the results.
I love you.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HolyCheck said:
[I/MG]http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/10/26/1226177/312486-queen-on-tram.jpg[/IMG]
" so this is what evlcookie has to put up with on a daily basis? My word, that's just dreadful"

Thanks your majesty!

I will be down for bf3 most of the weekend, actually probably all including Friday night. I think it will be a mix of Alice and bf3. I might try finish up Alice this weekend if I'm lucky.

Fredescu said:
So you're saying that a company that clearly doesn't understand the web has security features akin to the metallic seal that sits just under the lid of a new tin of Milo?

jambo

Dead Man said:
Ugh, really?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449753

Modding is a fun part of PC gaming, but is by no means important or necessary for a game like Diablo.

A fun part? A FUN PART?!

Counter-Strike
Team Fortress
Desert Combat
DotA
Nehrim
Quake 2 CTF

None of those would exist without the modding community. There's no way of knowing what mods will never be created now that Blizzard are not allowing mods.

I don't believe Mod Support would be a bad thing, and I ideally would have liked that to be an option. However, given that A) the experience for me personally with Diablo is one that consists 99% with battle.net play and B) the highest chance of a creating a stable trading economy (i.e. No duping/hacking) hinges on the removal of mods and offline play, then I am all for their decision.

Idiots. Idiots everywhere.

Gazunta

My challenge would be to remove the entire metallic seal in a new tin of milo in one go with your spoon.

I would always fail this challenge.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You guys know cd stores start selling cds when they get the delivery, not on the release date (if the album has one) right?

Don't get why this is a big deal

Fredescu

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So you're saying that a company that clearly doesn't understand the web has security features akin to the metallic seal that sits just under the lid of a new tin of Milo?
Perhaps it's just a case of knowing their audience.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Satisfaction is using the handle end of a teaspoon to carefully break away the seal along its outer edge and tenderly tear it around such that a near-complete perfect circle of foil can be retrieved from the tin. Nothing warms the cockles of the heart quite like a perfect Milo tin foil circle. Nothing.

Fact: That circle of foil can then be used to make a fantastic conepiece for your homemade bong! Fold it in half along the centre, and then again to make a quarter circle. Insert your thumb down the open end of the foil to make a cone and then grab one of the metallic skewers mum keeps in the second draw (along with the other cooking implements - cutlery is always in the top draw) to then pierce the tip of the cone from inside the foil. Before you know it, you'll be stoned in no time!

Dead Man

Salazar said:
Productive to my hype train ? What the fuck. Who are these people ?
jambo said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449753

A fun part? A FUN PART?!

Counter-Strike
Team Fortress
Desert Combat
DotA
Nehrim
Quake 2 CTF

None of those would exist without the modding community. There's no way of knowing what mods will never be created now that Blizzard are not allowing mods.

Idiots. Idiots everywhere.

I feel stupider for reading those quotes. How do people like that continue to survive when their reasoning skills are so obviously in deficit?

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
Riddle me this, AusGAF.

Why do shower farts smell so bad?

Also, everyone knows Zooper Doopers are a poor man's Sunny Boy.
They discussed the shower fart syndrome on jjj once with dr karl. Something to do with water droplets in the air maybe. Can't remember exactly.

Top Bottom