• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
My challenge would be to remove the entire metallic seal in a new tin of milo in one go with your spoon.

I would always fail this challenge.
What?

Push in around the edge and then cut along the entire tin, pull out entire piece and you have a clear cut tin.

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
You guys are God damn voodoo artists. The foil always ends up breaking or there's a corner piece that tears away.
You need to pretend your teaspoon is a can opener.

The first stab at the foil is the most important as you don't want to leave too large a puncture. Once you've got the handle of the teaspoon in there, gently leverage it upwards against the foil and it should start to tear. Keep using the teaspoon handle until you've done about half the circle and then it should flap enough to allow sufficient purchase with your fingers. From here, you can tear it off by hand and you'll get a cleaner tear than you will from using the spoon.

I don't expect you to get it straight away, but with time, patience and a bit of luck, we should have you opening those Milo tins gracefully like a motherfucker.

jambo

Gazunta said:
Wait wait WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE

The HANDLE?

I've been using the curved spoon bit all along!

Ztwtv.jpg

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
You don't use the handle to cut the foil.

Crazy
Just re-read what I wrote, and I apologise for the confusion.

Use the 'spoon' edge of the teaspoon to make the first puncture as it should follow the curvature of the outer rim of the tin. After that, flip over to the handle, slide it in gently and use that as leverage.

Hopefully the clarification helps.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I never go handle to foil, it's always spoon to foil.

The spoon is curved which keeps it flushed against the curved tin, the back of the spoon that is.

Bernbaum

We just opened a new tin of Milo, so it'll be a while before I can test this out, but I'm willing to photograph my efforts whenever we next get a tin.

Deeku

When I used to drink milo, I just poked a hole in the tin foil and poured the milo out. None of this "getting the tin foil out perfectly" nonsense.

Jintor

Fucking University can't get me a 'certified expectation to graduate' letter? What the shit? Hope it was just a clueless university admin person, or that a letter from faculty confirming an expectation to graduate should suffice.

I goddamn hate bureaucracy.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Fucking University can't get me a 'certified expectation to graduate' letter? What the shit? Hope it was just a clueless university admin person, or that a letter from faculty confirming an expectation to graduate should suffice.

I goddamn hate bureaucracy.
How's that JET essay going? I really want to read it!

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
How's that JET essay going? I really want to read it!

I'm still organising my second reference letter. I met Mio today to grab hers, I forgot that her office is basically a mini-library.

Jintor

Kerrby said:
Jesus Christ...

"Nikkei: Nintendo to Post ¥100 Billion (£821 mil) Loss In Financial Results Tomorrow"

How is that even possible!

New console launch + 2 fading consoles (DS series and Wii) + No killers apps for 3DS + No holiday sales + fucked up exchange rate (has been for a number of years now)

Nintendo still has a substantial war chest, but this will scare all of gaf's armchair investors.

Deeku

Strength of yen does play a part too. Most companies are reporting losses so it's not really that surprising.

Edit:
Jintor said:
I'm still organising my second reference letter. I met Mio today to grab hers, I forgot that her office is basically a mini-library.
Probably a weird question, but is she hot? :lol

Kerrby

Banned
Jintor said:
New console launch + 2 fading consoles (DS series and Wii) + No killers apps for 3DS + No holiday sales + fucked up exchange rate (has been for a number of years now)

Nintendo still has a substantial war chest, but this will scare all of gaf's armchair investors.

True and all valid points (especially the 3DS thing) but I don't think many people saw Nintendo lose that much :O.

Top Bottom