• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

DeathJr said:
the branch manager is visiting and he's using the desktop to play poker.
Do you work for this guy?

michael-scott.jpg

midonnay said:
you always see traders on the floor in movies screaming their heads off and waving their hands dramatically...... isn't it more orderly to input stuff into the computers?
Computers do all the trading themselves nowadays.

hamchan

evlcookie said:
Sister?

Pics and video footage is required.

Also i'm surprised the show is still on, Isn't it getting like 5 people a week watching it?
Maybe they're just using up the current episodes since they already paid for it. I dunno, I would have replaced Joy of Sets with more Two and a Half Men reruns if I were running channel 9.

codswallop said:
Do you work for this guy?
I wish. My manager is a great guy, but he went home early. The branch manager is visiting from Sydney, he's actually here for the Melbourne cup.

Come to think of it, technically yes since I am part stock manager and part assistant regional manager.

Deeku

midonnay said:
you always see traders on the floor in movies screaming their heads off and waving their hands dramatically...... isn't it more orderly to input stuff into the computers?
The trading room I visited was kinda loud, but it was more civilised than the animated traders you see on news reports and stuff. A lot of the shouting is more about relaying information than actual trading though.

Choc

Banned
while we are on tv news

channel ten profit down 90.5%

14.2 million profit down from 150 million

Guess that Renovators show really destroyed them

giri

Choc said:
while we are on tv news

channel ten profit down 90.5%

14.2 million profit down from 150 million

Guess that Renovators show really destroyed them
Still a sensationalist :p

most of it was from the restructure and redundancies.

Also, if Mar still reads this, Come back to WoW!

d4533

Did anyone order BF3 from JB online? I placed my order in the 25th and it's still listed as in progress. Has anyone got their order from them yet?

This will be the second week in a row that having a pre-order for a game results in me getting the game later than my brother who just walks in and picks up the game when the street date is broken.

The release of Dungeon Siege III DLC has me excited to play it again (and finish it this time).

I asked earlier today but has anyone played it on PC since it was patched? Are the keyboard and mouse controls still borked?

I really should find the OT and ask there but I've been staying away from Gaming lately, that place be crazy.

d4533 said:
Did anyone order BF3 from JB online? I placed my order in the 25th and it's still listed as in progress. Has anyone got their order from them yet?

This will be the second week in a row that having a pre-order for a game results in me getting the game later than my brother who just walks in and picks up the game when the street date is broken.

Proves choc's points about street dates.

Rezbit

Ugh ended up buying BF3 even though I was going to wait til multi settled down. At least it was only $70 for the limited edition. I know I know, cheaper online and all that, but I don't have the download limit to download and I didn't want to wait for Ozgame. Yes I'm trying to validate my purchase.

Rezbit said:
Ugh ended up buying BF3 even though I was going to wait til multi settled down. At least it was only $70 for the limited edition. I know I know, cheaper online and all that, but I don't have the download limit to download and I didn't want to wait for Ozgame. Yes I'm trying to validate my purchase.

Justifiable at the moment, I've just waited 33 days for F1 2011. Delivery times are crazy.

Kerrby

Banned
Choc said:
i am not going to defend IGN far from it but perhaps they should have told journalists that if you play on easy you dont get the full game

when i know that is the case with a game, i tell them to ensure they play on normal at least.

When you review games you shouldn't be reviewing them on easy in the first place, what's the point in that?

legend166

Several games are much better experiences on easy.

See: Red Faction Guerilla and Just Cause 2.

Anyway, that thread about Germany on the OT made me wonder - has markot been unbanned yet?

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
Original UK-format Masterchef... :(

Despite this being the right answer channel 10 will never do it.

because they dont live in a house for months on end and dont have it 5 nights a week.

in other words, the people dont leave their lives behind just to go on it.

fred; conviction kitchen

Deeku

Choc said:
coldplay caught stealing music again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObRKGJAxmc

smh :( i love teh band, but seriously

edit: song in question is princess of china
Heh, saw that this morning. Stealing just makes the song even worse:p

I'm not that fussed about similarities in music though. People need to get inspiration from somewhere.

"It’s not who you steal from, it’s how you steal’ or something like that.

giri

Choc said:
Despite this being the right answer channel 10 will never do it.

because they dont live in a house for months on end and dont have it 5 nights a week.

in other words, the people dont leave their lives behind just to go on it.

fred; conviction kitchen

If anything, that would make it cheaper for Ten.

They won't do it because they can't pass it off as a much more big brother package, than cooking show. Creating Pseudo Tension by having the exact same returning chefs every ep, and creating personal "drama" stories between characters.

If anything, AU's master chef resembles the USA's Top Chef format a lot closer than it does the UK Master Chef.

UK Master Chef is the best one of the lot :(

commanderdeek said:
Heh, saw that this morning. Stealing just makes the song even worse:p

I'm not that fussed about similarities in music though. People need to get inspiration from somewhere.

"It’s not who you steal from, it’s how you steal’ or something like that.

Are we sure apple didn't Patent it though?

giri

Choc said:
you don't get tears on UK masterchef

thats channel 10s issue
I always agreed with you on this one. AU's Master chef is more about drama than cooking. And that's what 10 always wanted.

commanderdeek said:
You can't patent music, silly!

But Apple did Patent playing a Guitar by swiping your hand. Does he do THAT? i hope not!

The AU MasterChef format could be applied to anything and it would still be the same show. MasterSnowboarder. MasterFlorist. MasterCouncilRoadCrew. Same show.

giri

codswallop said:
The AU MasterChef format could be applied to anything and it would still be the same show. MasterSnowboarder. MasterFlorist. MasterCouncilRoadCrew. Same show.
It IS the exact same format as Australia Biggest loser.

Kerrby

Banned
giri said:
It IS the exact same format as Australia Biggest loser.

Not the upcoming Biggest Loser, they're "sexing it up" by making it singles only.

legend166 said:
Why is everyone getting angry at me for making an Amir0x joke in that IGN thread?

Because you're a horrible person and should feel bad.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:

Renovators proved this to be wrong cod :)

legend166 said:
Why is everyone getting angry at me for making an Amir0x joke in that IGN thread?
Link?

Also, he's been beaten up on enough at this point. Not that he wasn't a horrible mod and a terrible, hypocritical and disingenuous debater, but as far as he goes now, he's taken his lumps.

Top Bottom