• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

DeathJr said:
People watch masterchef?
UK MasterChef was an interesting show focused almost exclusively on the food and some about the people. It wasn't a "you're voted off the island" format, it was how well you cooked, and you had basically one chance. The contestants weren't holed up for months in a house, either. They came and went as they needed to.

giri said:
It IS the exact same format as Australia Biggest loser.
Which is pretty much the Big Brother format. That's my point.

Choc said:
Renovators proved this to be wrong cod :)
It was, but it doesn't mean the format works. ;)

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
UK MasterChef was an interesting show focused almost exclusively on the food and some about the people. It wasn't a "you're voted off the island" format, it was how well you cooked, and you had basically one chance. The contestants weren't holed up for months in a house, either. They came and went as they needed to.

Which is pretty much the Big Brother format. That's my point.

It was, but it doesn't mean the format works. ;)

wat

Shaneus

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Link?

Also, he's been beaten up on enough at this point. Not that he wasn't a horrible mod and a terrible, hypocritical and disingenuous debater, but as far as he goes now, he's taken his lumps.
Agreed. I was enjoying the kicking of the IGN guy until it became a thread about said IGN guy *and* Amirox.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gaz, are you going to try my 4 - 1 - 4 first corner method on advance tonight? Would love to know if it helps.

How hard is it to buy shit on USA psn? Can't believe there's a month delay on it, stupid sega.

Jambo, you get bf3 working properly?

jambo

evlcookie said:
Jambo, you get bf3 working properly?

Not yet, but I've got a few tricks I'm going to try tonight.

Someone on another forum said that BF3 uses 4GB of RAM so I'd need to buy more :lol

evlcookie said:
Gaz, are you going to try my 4 - 1 - 4 first corner method on advance tonight? Would love to know if it helps.
If you're talking about the corner just after the tunnel, I knew a few who preferred 4-1-4, but I always liked 4-2-4 or even 4-2-3-4 better as I felt you lost less speed and the 4-1-4 combo was less predictable.

midonnay

the amazing race or So you think you can dance are my votes >_>

Survivor was my favourite for years..... but its like the same show every season nowadays.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Naturally. If memory serves me...
Only ones I can't watch are where they eat really peculiar (to us) food... usually stuff that has a face. By far the best bits are the background stories at the start.

legend166

Actually, Survivor and Amazing Race are tied.

My only problem with Amazing Race now is that they spend way too long in one place. In the latest series I think four teams have been eliminated and they haven't even been out of South East Asia yet. I know it's cheaper and makes it easier to film, but it's a bit annoying.

Yagharek

Dead Man said:
Bang a gong, we are on!

I had tears in my eyes when Sakai won the King of Iron Chef battle.

Bell pepper battle, crab battle, the Szechuan Sage. Google is telling me there is Iron Chef fan fiction....

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
I had tears in my eyes when Sakai won the King of Iron Chef battle.

Bell pepper battle, crab battle, the Szechuan Sage. Google is telling me there is Iron Chef fan fiction....
Chen, Sakai, and Michiba were the best group. Chen was so nice, Sakai was creative as hell, and Michiba was just boss.

I will be staying away from the fan fiction, thank you very much. With my luck I would stumble upon some furry slash vore shite.

Gazunta

evlcookie said:
You bet your ass I will be. :)

Then I'll probably spend a few hours futzing with my stupid router trying to get aroun dthis NAT problem. Losing to Shaneus is fun and all but I needs me some 8P Daytona

midonnay

pretty sure there were an american and australian reality show before the 90's...

watsonia family or something?

uhm google says sylvania waters...

Kerrby

Banned
codswallop said:
As if it could beat The Girls of the Playboy Mansion.

Never seen that but it can't be that good if it's axed after 4 shows :p.

giri said:
It's great viewing, but i'm not sure it's a great show.

It's so bad half the cast doesn't even make it to the end of the last season :p

Jersey Shore is hilarious, better than any comedy out there.

Dead Man

midonnay said:
pretty sure there were an american and australian reality show before the 90's...

watsonia family or something?

uhm google says syvania waters...
Yeah, Sylvania Waters was one of the first of the modern style of reality show.

Gazunta

My only problem with the Amazing Race is the God damn music and general pace of the show.

The Music! is! Always! A! long! STRING! of! EXCITED! DRAMATIC! TENSE! NOTES! THAT! MAKE! IT! HARD! TO! FOLLOW! WHAT'S! OHMYGODGOINGON!!

Plus the fact that no shot - not a single one - lasts for more than two seconds now. I find it really disconcerting.

And man, I used to ADORE this show. So much so that when my wife worked on it for a couple of days, I was gutted to find out I could never be a contestant afterward :(

Dead Man

jambo said:
Candid Camera was in the 40s :lol

Just a tad before the 90s =P
Indeed. CC wins for first, even wikipedia agrees!

Gazunta said:
My only problem with the Amazing Race is the God damn music and general pace of the show.

The Music! is! Always! A! long! STRING! of! EXCITED! DRAMATIC! TENSE! NOTES! THAT! MAKE! IT! HARD! TO! FOLLOW! WHAT'S! OHMYGODGOINGON!!

Plus the fact that no shot - not a single one - lasts for more than two seconds now. I find it really disconcerting.

And man, I used to ADORE this show. So much so that when my wife worked on it for a couple of days, I was gutted to find out I could never be a contestant afterward :(
Yeah, the first couple seasons were cool as hell, now it is MTV style and busted.

Gazunta

Thinking about it now I might not be able to play any Daytona tonight :/ I have a feeling I'll be here for a while yet and I have a double sized comic to make for tomorrow once I get home tonight. The pressure's on with this one!

Choc

Banned
Sylvania waters did not have voting off

that was a crazy show though. So what you're saying is the ABC with taxpayers money created reality television? wow :eek:

jambo

Voting off of contestants is not a required component of reality tv shows.

Dead Man said:
Prank calls?

Maybe, but the thing about Candid Camera is that it was normally traps set up and it would just be normal people reacting to stuff without involvement from the people filming.

Not sure how that would work without a camera.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
If you're talking about the corner just after the tunnel, I knew a few who preferred 4-1-4, but I always liked 4-2-4 or even 4-2-3-4 better as I felt you lost less speed and the 4-1-4 combo was less predictable.

I never felt like you actually lost speed with 4 - 1 - 4, You would always really be around top speed, maybe lose 10km/h or so and that was it.

It's a combo that doesn't require you to wait for it to drift, throwing it into first throws you straight into a crazy drift and you're good to go as you throw it back into 4th.

I never use 2nd gear in daytona as well D:

White teenagers taps into the whole first world problems meme.

How bout she attends occupy xxxxxx tweeting from her iphone, posting on facebook, sipping macdonalds, complaining her degree in ancient french literature cant get her a job as a 5 star general.

Suburban problems is probably funnier and more original.

tl;dr either works for me.

I was waiting for a delivery from TNT. Their webste now says "time constraint prevented delivery. Delivery at earliest opportunity."

I guess that means tomorrow, huh.

Watching Paul for the first time. Its pretty good.

Top Bottom