• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

remz

Choc said:
it would appear you cannot play BF3 offline for campaign

loads battlelog site even in origin offline mode and thats an online url

:|
Pretty much. I don't get why they have origin on top of the battlelog stuff... what's the point of origin if the whole game is launched through a browser anyway?

legend166

DeathJr said:
I don't see it even close to being a fail. What portable console does not require a memory card to save games, etc? You would be stupid to buy a Vita and not buy a memory card with it.

The joke is on jobs, with iphone you can't even use a memory card.
KuGsj.gif

Every Nintendo handheld ever?

hamchan

Even Microsoft included a crappy memory card with their Arcade 360 units. Not including some memory in the basic Vita package when some games can't even run without it seems like a big mistake.

hamchan said:
Even Microsoft included a crappy memory card with their Arcade 360 units. Not including some memory in the basic Vita package when some games can't even run without it seems like a big mistake.
The arcade unit I picked up 2 years ago didn't come with a memory card? Has a small amount of inbuilt memory for the larger dashboard that they update every now and then.

remz said:
Pretty much. I don't get why they have origin on top of the battlelog stuff... what's the point of origin if the whole game is launched through a browser anyway?
Advertising. Hoping you will buy another game through Origin.

hamchan

RandomVince said:
Tard pack 360s launched without memory cards.
Oops. Oh well, point is they learnt their lesson. A small amount of memory is a small cost to pay when every user can actually buy and play games right from the box.

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
The arcade unit I picked up 2 years ago didn't come with a memory card? Has a small amount of inbuilt memory for the larger dashboard that they update every now and then.
The onboard memory in the later arcade units replaced memory cards.

sonyericsson-w810.gif

The Ericsson thread has me all nostalgic for my w810i. Such a great phone. Speedy, great sound quality, great mp3 player, awesome battery and Solid As A Rock.
Ended up getting one of the first, shitty Samsung touchscreen phones about 2.5 years ago which was only enjoyable for about 3 weeks. Thankfully the Gs2 is damn fine.

Fredescu said:
The onboard memory in the later arcade units replaced memory cards.
Ah that is logical. If only they didn't charge so much for the HDD. If the Vita does not have at least 1Gb built in I will be really, really annoyed when I pay the $50 for a tiny memory card. I will only complain on here though of course.

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
Bad person. Everyone point and hiss at the bad person.

Bad, bad person.
Point and hiss at the bad person? Shit, I was busy pointing and hissing at the disabled person.

Whoops.

Saul Goodman, I wasn't doing that. Too busy jizzing my pants while watching the Daytona attract mode on my TV.

Jintor

Fusebox said:
Even better than the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride at Universal studios??

"Seriously, back when I had a body - I had mad game with the bitches. Just ask Bellatrix."

- The back of Quirrel's head

Danoss

Jintor said:
A Very Potter Musical is the best thing to ever come out of the Harry Potter franchise.
Why hadn't I heard of this sooner? Saw some of the beginning, it's really well done.

Also, it looks like some people are putting it on for free in Brisbane next year.

guidop

It would have been far more logical for Sony to charge an extra 10 or 20 dollars and included a certain amout of memory say 512mb or even 2gb, how much are flash keys these days?. Ultimately when you knickle and dime customers it back fires especially when you don't have the foresight to realise that pricing is a moving target and sacrificing your overall product over it's life cycle just so you can match your competitors price at launch will never pay dividends.

3DS, kmart, 199, tomorrow, Should i go pick one up? Also found out fez is now a early 2012 game sigh. Wasn't paying any attention to it but it was probably my most antipated game of the year, I just assummed it would get released this year

The spider turrets in RAGE are so damn cute!

Also my Uncharted 3 SE Guide has shipped! Woo!

Also Crysis 2 is already a 360 Classics game? Didn't take long.

guidop said:
It would have been far more logical for Sony to charge an extra 10 or 20 dollars and included a certain amout of memory say 512mb or even 2gb, how much are flash keys these days?. Ultimately when you knickle and dime customers it back fires especially when you don't have the foresight to realise that pricing is a moving target and sacrificing your overall product over it's life cycle just so you can match your competitors price at launch will never pay dividends.
What is funny is that the approach Sony took with the PS3 was to pack it full of features to go up against the 360 which dropped all the features to allow customers to buy whatever features they wanted, rather than have the 360 be as expensive as the PS3. Not sure why the have gone the other way this time. They aren't the first to market and they are up against stiff competition in Japan with all the usual Mario tie in games releasing.

Listening to 90s music whilst trying not to fall asleep on the train. First up, life is a highway

Holy shit, haddaway what is love

Josh's pissed mix delivers

lol, they interviewed Bob Katter on the news tonight over his party getting funding from a gun group. They showed some pictures of members of the gun group and Katter's son in law posing with shotguns next to rhinos/elephants/tigers, and juxtaposed it with Katter saying "Men in this country aren't men any more, they're sheilas!"

EDIT: Found a link to a related article.

700706-111027-rob-nioa.jpg
Katter's daughter and son in law.

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
Katter saying "Men in this country aren't men any more, they're sheilas!"

I tend to try and restrain my intellectual prejudices, but Bob is a bad man because he is so fucking stupid.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6230/6280493706_7806d9c417_b.jpg[IMG]
Seen this on the PS3 yet Shaneus? Free m0dus theme with Daytona on PS3. Looks pretty sweet.

Just downloaded his [URL="http://blogs.sega.com/2011/04/22/support-japan-with-this-dreamcast-playstation-3-theme/"]SEGA Dreamcast theme[/URL] which I had been wanting for ages and ages. Brings a tear to the eye, sniff.[/QUOTE]
Nerp. We ain't getting that 'til Nov.

Ydahs

Shitty SFML does not support tmx tilemaps :(

Has anyone programmed their own tile map loader before? Can't be that hard, can it? Made one in Python a year or two back, but that's Python and this is C++...

edit: ah screw it. I'm making my own tiled map format and loader. Should be fun.

Rahk said:
Not on Steam? :(

Oh well, bought! Although I already own ARES and Nimbus.
It IS on Steam. Just need to email Dave Gilbert over at Wadjet and he will get the key to you and the other thousand or so of us. Unfortunate that they did this bundle just after Gemini Rue got accepted onto Steam, poor guy. Also Wadjet are awesome. Also Gemini Rue was totally worth the $15 I paid for it earlier this year.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
It IS on Steam. Just need to email Dave Gilbert over at Wadjet and he will get the key to you and the other thousand or so of us. Unfortunate that they did this bundle just after Gemini Rue got accepted onto Steam, poor guy. Also Wadjet are awesome. Also Gemini Rue was totally worth the $15 I paid for it earlier this year.
According to the GAF thread and twitters it looks like they'll be adding Steam keys later.

elektrixx

Banned
I bought the Renegade Ops 4 pack ages ago when I shouldn't have. Anyone wanna by my Steam codes?

Note: I paid the Steam AU price.

(Wait, no I didn't. $7.50 each.)

Choc

Banned
i saw crazy stupid love

i would so bone ryan gosling if i was gay. He is incredible

lol best line from the moovie i saw was emma stone saying 'what, thats gotta be photoshopped' when he took his shit off

yeah i saw that twice :)

agreed heh

that was a great line but my favourite part has got to be that scene. the one with everything building up to it. that was sooooooooooooooooo funny

really well done romcom, great cast

Top Bottom