• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor said:
I was going to spend today writing up my essay, but instead I spent all day planning my essay and watching Young Justice.

Goddamn I'm a sucker for superhero animation.
Tell me moar! I take it this is quite new? Does that mean they're using the Legion Art style or are they going more of a Teen Titans vibe?

I've been on a but of a DCU Animation kick myself, lately. Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Justice League, Teen Titans. Man, i wish Marvel could have as strong an animated presence as DC.

Imagine a long running Spider-Man cartoon presented from year one; a non-convoluted X-Men cartoon that doesn't try to combine multiple storylines from the comic; an Avengers cartoon using a core team plus rotating supporting cast; the teen cartoon could be based on the Runaways and the kids focused series would be Power Pack.

How about a Law and Order style Daredevil cartoon? Half of the cartoon could be devoted to superheroing and the other could be the community and social aspect of his Matt Murdock career.

Anyway, I need more quality Marvel cartoons.

Someone get on that.

Gazunta

Someone should totally make a Presidog cartoon.

But yes a Power Pack cartoon would be tops.

I have 316 emails I have to reply to.

Choc

Banned
Lol @ this.

I've been to cities that never close down,
but i can't get home because the airline was closed by a clown,
But no matter how far or how wide I roam,
I won't fly Qantas home.

I'm always trav'lin',
And I love being free,
but now i am stuck at the sun and the sea,
But my heart lies waiting — and on hold on the phone.
I won't fly Qantas home.

All the sons and daughters stuck 'round the world,
Away from their families and friends,
But as the unions gets older and bolder,
You don't know where your Qantas journey ends.

But someday we'll all be together once more,
When alan joyce realises he doesn't deserve more,
I realize something I've always known,
I won't fly Qantas home.

But no matter how far or how wide I roam,,
I won't fly Qantas home

Kritz

Banned
CNWWxl.jpg

yo dawg

rxdPml.jpg

I'mma caaaaat

Deeku

I'm in the library right now doing work, so meet in the lib I guess.

Oh god I'm kinda nervous now, I've never met an internet man before!

Omikron

commanderdeek said:

lol.

Someone please photograph the uncomfortable first hand shake.

Quick! Someone suggest some topics for that silent, awkward period of the meet!

Edit: Oh yeah, board games. I saw Ticket to Ride Nordic whatever at the place in Chadstone. It looks like TTR Christmas edition. But cost $110 so I passed. They didn't have Pandemic there so I couldn't compare.

Is there an OzGameShop of board games? Got about six weeks until I'll need it so no massive rush.

Choc

Banned
hooley dooley

apparently the travel insurers are not covering the Qantas grounding because it was not the first industrial action and so travellers could have predicted it

Kerrby

Banned
commanderdeek said:

My money is on the awkward silence for the first two minutes before Jintor walks away in tears.

jambo said:
Did we work out what happened to DeathJr?

necrobumped a thread and banned.

Gazunta

Awkward conversation breakers:

- Choc: Sinner or Saint?
- Favourite Presidog comics
- What does Bernbaum's hair smell like?

Do NOT talk about video games

Omikron

codswallop said:
Quick! Someone suggest some topics for that silent, awkward period of the meet!

Edit: Oh yeah, board games. I saw Ticket to Ride Nordic whatever at the place in Chadstone. It looks like TTR Christmas edition. But cost $110 so I passed. They didn't have Pandemic there so I couldn't compare.

Is there an OzGameShop of board games? Got about six weeks until I'll need it so no massive rush.

$110? Christ.

I have ordered from the following places :

http://www.milsims.com.au/

http://www.gamesempire.com.au/

http://www.gamesparadise.com.au/

jambo

Gazunta said:
Awkward conversation breakers:

- Choc: Sinner or Saint?
- Favourite Presidog comics
- What does Bernbaum's hair smell like?

Do NOT talk about video games

How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.

Choc said:
apparently the travel insurers are not covering the Qantas grounding because it was not the first industrial action and so travellers could have predicted it
Choc: The wife tells me that:

"Some of our policies do cover this but as it's not a strike and it's the carrier grounding it's not covered. We do list it as a general exclusion."

So it's because Qantas grounded themselves as opposed to a strike. Some policies cover it. The point? If you want coverage, don't cheap out on the policy.

Edit: For QBE it's listed under General Exclusion point 20:
" the cancellation or delay of travel arrangements due to mechanical breakdown of transportation or failure of the carrier to operate the service. This exclusion does not apply to Section D1 “Travel delay” or Section D3 “Missed connection - special events”"

Edit edit: Turns out most, if not all are not covering it because Qantas decided not to operate, as opposed to it being a strike.

Deeku

Jintor said:
How does I recognise you
Err I don't know haha.

I'm on the first level? of the library. So when you walk in, keep going straight for a while and into the area where all the tables are and stuff. I'm a little past the staircase, near the bin, left section of tables. Look for someone with either gaf or word 2003 open on their macbook.

And, I don't know, tap me on the shoulder or something lo

I can feel the awkwardness already!

Jintor

This is macquarie, if you're not an international student and you're in the library you're automatically a nervous internet man

Deek, what, by the printers? Just pm me your number, man, that's easier.

Deeku

Ok let me pack my shit up first. Otherwise that security woman will come hassle me:/ Also, reception is crappy, but yeah I'll pm.

commanderdeek said:
Ok let me pack my shit up first. Otherwise that security woman will come hassle me:/ Also, reception is crappy, but yeah I'll pm.

You 2 should just sit opposite each other and have your conversation on AusGAF while staring into each others eyes. :D

Shaneus

Jintor said:
How does I recognise you
He'll be wearing a red carnation and selling souvenirs, novelties and party tricks. Ask him who he favours in the Virginia Slims tournament. If he responds with "In women's tennis, I always root against the heterosexual", you've found your guy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Strange PC gaming question time! Only from me of course.

How do you guys hold your mouse? Does your wrist wrest on the mouse pad while you move the mouse around? Or is it up against the back of the mouse?

evlcookie said:
Strange PC gaming question time! Only from me of course.

How do you guys hold your mouse? Does your wrist wrest on the mouse pad while you move the mouse around? Or is it up against the back of the mouse?

Wrist rests on mousepad while i pone all the noobs with my Mamba(the best mouse)
As a side note, i play with fairly high sensitivity so i don't have to move the mouse far. :D

Gazunta

I position my hand so the bulk of the mouse is covered by my palm.

Oh maaaan I just realised I'll never have the 'But you can't make the controls like that because I hold the controller like a God damn retard" conversation again! AWESOME

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
My wrist kinda hovers in the air while I control the mouse with my fingers, and my forearm rests on the desk. My wrist would only rest on the desk if I had one of those implant mouse pads. They always seem to get in the way though.

Choc

Banned
Michael pascoe you fucking legend

'There is a serious disconnect between the boardrooms at the big end and ordinary Australians. The boards genuinely can’t comprehend that they’re responsible for an obscene blowout in executive remuneration, that our society - their employees, their customers, their shareholders – are increasingly jack of it and that their remuneration committee’s excuses simply don’t hold water, let alone multi-million dollar pay packets. And even when the predominantly institutional shareholders wave through the excessive salaries, public opinion is not swayed.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/unions-on-the-way-back-20111031-1mrcl.html#ixzz1cJyamhzF
'

WOW

just WOW

He dismantled the entire directors club in one well worded paragraph. Wow.

You make a good point Jambo, did not think of that.

So this week is going to be amazing, Wednesday morning War in the North comes out, Thursday(or hopefully wednesday aswell) unchartered 3 comes out then i have friday off for gaming.

So this weekend i'm going to lock myself away, make nachos and get some good beer and enjoy.
Unfortunately i have to chew through most of the week before i get there :p

But beyond that, is anyone thinking of getting Halo anniversary. Mates are trying to get me to buy it so we can play. Not sure if it is going to be worth the 70 odd dollars or whatever it is coming out at. Thoughts? Hype?

Rezbit

evlcookie said:
BF3 with ausgaffers was fun over the weekend. Hopefully we don't get bored by next weekend and can do it again.

I don't mind the voice chat of battlelog, It seems to work well enough and saves me from having to install mumble, vent or ts. Although it's safe to say mumble probably is better, the sound quality seemed fine enough via battlelog though.

Shooting people in videogames and throwing ammo at people is fun!

BF3 needs bigger squads! Or we need a few more players so we can have 2 squads.

Gazunta said:
Oh maaaan I just realised I'll never have the 'But you can't make the controls like that because I hold the controller like a God damn retard" conversation again! AWESOME

With any luck, neither will they

jambo

I'm up for some BF3 this week after work, I've only played a few hours because I wasn't home all weekend.

Luckily it was one of the best weekends of my life so that worked out nicely!

Marshmellow said:
You make a good point Jambo, did not think of that.

I suppose it's a little different as it's a competing store, but still, it could happen.

If it does happen I reckon it will be an Origin free version of BF3.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like i'm similar as i have the wrist wresting on the mouse pad, Maybe i just need to crank up the DPI so I don't have to move it around as much. My wrist does move across the pad and sometimes it will get rather warm!

Top Bottom