• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Ydahs

tSSd0.png

I'm too embarrassed to post this outside of AusGAF...

Bernbaum

Ydahs said:
The legend166 revolution didn't last long in that blame space/time dog thread...

I cannot stand for this injustice.
I've had my fun with a 166-avatar and am waiting to get home to a Photoshop-enabled PC to get something snazzier.

-

On that note, does AusGAF have anyone topical whom they deem worthy of inclusion on my next Bernietar?

-

Serrels, do you like the third Gears of War video game?

reptilescorpio said:
Fuck! Just lost part of a tooth. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Oh man, I might faint. Please tell me it's just a cusp off a molar and not one of your front teeth. My worst dreams are always about losing/breaking teeth.

Dead Man

Ydahs said:
http://i.imgur.com/tSSd0.png[img]

I'm too embarrassed to post this outside of AusGAF...[/QUOTE]
That is amazing.

[QUOTE=Bernbaum]I've had my fun with a 166-avatar and am waiting to get home to a Photoshop-enabled PC to get something snazzier.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Halloween is over, I will go back to my moviebarcode one soon.

Jintor said:
Christmas is gonna be good
I go from having a job where we shut up shop from the 22nd of December and don't start back until 2nd of January to now having 2 days off. I predict this Christmas will be stressful. Gotta get that shopping done NOW.

Yagharek

Dead Man said:
For the first time since I joined GAF I have an idea for a Christmas avatar. Nothing great, but at least it's an idea.

Are you going to put a star on top of your current avatar? And some tinsel wrapping around it?

Bernbaum said:
My worst dreams are always about losing/breaking teeth.
Pretty common apparently.

Although the one where my mums head rolls down a driveway was pretty bad too lol

Why we still got nightmares? And why do kids have more of them.

I would direct anyone with an interest in putting together an OT for a game (or an interest in CoD) to check out the the MW3 OT

That's how you do an OT

Jintor

God fucking damn, I remember why I bailed on the athiests v thiests OT last time. Goddamn RyanReedyMusic and his insane nonsensical non-logic.

Yagharek

ClivePwned said:
I would direct anyone with an interest in putting together an OT for a game (or an interest in CoD) to check out the the MW3 OT

That's how you do an OT

Looks like any other to me. Whilst I appreciate the effort gone into all of them, most are just reformatted press releases, are they not?

Echoplx

So looks like War in the North is delayed two weeks in Australia

How the fuck can they justify this shit, especially on Steam?

^^ will do when I'm not on mobile gaf.

I worked 0600 - 11:30 this morning and am now working elsewhere from 14:00 - 23:30. :/

Fun fun fun

3chopl0x said:

Like i said before chop, get it from GMG

i already have my key, so i should be able to unlock using the NA date. ie. tomorrow at 3am

Thank you for prepurchasing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North from Green Man Gaming.

You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 01 Nov. 2011 at 15:00.

I can post to confirm what happens when i get home in about 2 hours if you like

Fogz

3chopl0x said:

GMG seems to be the way to go.

I can't remember the last time I gave Steam money directly for a game that wasn't indie or insanely marked down. It may have been Mass Effect 2.

3chopl0x said:
Nope, even with an NA copy you still get blocked by Steam, only way around it is by using a VPN.

Unless they have changed this it worked last night. i Played Civ 5 before it was out for aussie steam purchases and another game i forget too.

Fredescu

Marshmellow said:
Like i said before chop, get it from GMG

i already have my key, so i should be able to unlock using the NA date. ie. tomorrow at 3am
I don't know much about the game specifically, but from memory, Steam unlocks are based on your current location, not the version of the key you get. You'll need a VPN or whatever to unlock it, which you can do with the Steam version anyway right?

Jintor

Sutton Dagger said:
I'm in pain after trying to have a conversation with him.

what is pain?

how do you know pain exists?

what is the meaning of this pain?

if the pain has meaning than how can you deny the existance of god

Bernbaum said:
Oh man, I might faint. Please tell me it's just a cusp off a molar and not one of your front teeth. My worst dreams are always about losing/breaking teeth.
Oh shit! Nearly made me vomit man. Hate thinking about teeth because they are so integral in our lives, hurt like hell when they aren't taken care of and you can't look at them so the not knowing makes the panic a thousand times worse.

A little bit has come off the backside of an upper minor molar. Not one of the steak eating ones (which are already buggered) thankfully. I was meant to go in and have a big clean up of decay in there back in July but moving jobs and towns hasn't left me much time to find a new dentist. Since having the little guy I've let myself go and don't brush my teeth as much as I should with dinner being at random times and generally just being exhausted before bed. Now that we are brushing his teeth too hopefully he can do it himself to the point where we can all go in the bathroom together and practise good dental hygiene. I have never seen my parents brush their teeth in my entire life.

Sutton Dagger said:
I'm in pain after trying to have a conversation with him.
Extremists tend to have extreme opinions. Hard to have a back and forth with someone who doesn't want to change their mind. No point trying to force them to be more open minded. Best to ignore those people.

guidop

Hey Ydahs why did you choose SMFL over SDL and what were your reasons for choosing SMFL in general?

I ask because over the Uni break I thought maybe I'd see if I could get a little prototype up and running and from my research so far both SDL or SMFL look pretty good. Probably go with C++ as the language, but I have looked into Unity using Javascript, HTML5, XNA. Still doing my research

Salazar

Ydahs said:
I just don't understand his posts

B. Trolling

Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion. Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated. No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the community, actions may be taken by the administrators.

I fail to see how the dude isn't a textbook example.

Yagharek

Ydahs said:
I just don't understand his posts (even as one who believes in a God).

What's he trying to argue exactly?

He's not arguing anything. Take legend166 as an example (edit: or yourself). Intelligent guy (sydney swans fan status aside) and religious. I reckon if he were to engage in a debate, he would be able to make a coherent point as to why he believes what he does, and I'm sure those of us who disagree with him would see that.

But this clown is providing nothing of substance to discuss or debate over. At all. Debating him is like trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. He just sidesteps the question and pretends he has said something profound.

Ydahs

guidop said:
Hey Ydahs why did you choose SMFL over SDL and what were your reasons for choosing SMFL in general?

I ask because over the Uni break I thought maybe I'd see if I could get a little prototype up and running and from my research so far both SDL or SMFL look pretty good. Probably go with C++ as the language, but I have looked into Unity using Javascript, HTML5, XNA. Still doing my research
These links might help you out a bit:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2842198/which-is-better-sdl-or-sfml
http://forum.gpwiki.org/viewtopic.php?t=9204

It really comes down to personal preference for me since both have their pros and cons. I chose SFML over SDL because it's much easier to program with with object oriented design in mind using C++. From what I understand, it's also easier to get a quick prototype up and running (which is what you're looking for).

If you do choose SFML, you might want to wait until SFML2.0 is officially released (should be soon). You can download the pre-release versions now (since it's nearly complete), but the problem is it lacks tutorials and documentation. And that's another thing. SDL has a lot more tutorials and a much larger community to assist you in getting started.

Hope that helps.

RandomVince said:
He's not arguing anything. Take legend166 as an example (edit: or yourself). Intelligent guy (sydney swans fan status aside) and religious. I reckon if he were to engage in a debate, he would be able to make a coherent point as to why he believes what he does, and I'm sure those of us who disagree with him would see that.

But this clown is providing nothing of substance to discuss or debate over. At all. Debating him is like trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. He just sidesteps the question and pretends he has said something profound.

Exactly. There is nothing more satisfying than genuinely exchanging ideas through conversation, it just doesn't work when someone is completely oblivious in regards to constructing a logical argument/viewpoint, that goes for anyone.

Edit: So I'm onto the second phase of Insanity now, did the first routine out of the new selection yesterday and I feel like an 85 year old man, I'm sore everywhere. Doing Max Plyo as soon as the girl gets home, I must say, I'm sort of dreading it...

Fredescu

Salazar said:
I fail to see how the dude isn't a textbook example.
Nah, I think he really believes what he's saying. There are people that create huge frameworks full of If-Then statements in their minds, without ever really tying the framework back to reality. Upon having the framework challenged, they weaken the link to reality further, and add more links to their own internal framework. This is where he is headed with "Where did logic come from?"

I've known people hold technically sound ideas in this manner, because it makes sense to them internally, but then fail to be able to communicate those ideas to other people because they lack a common frame of reference with other people. Like how I'm probably failing to communicate this right now.

Deeku

bodyboarder said:
Anyone seen uncharted 3 adveristed cheap in aus? Ozgameshop have it for $65 preorder.
Someone mentioned this morning that you can get the special edition for $78 at Harvey Norman. Pretty good deal I reckon!

Fredescu

Salazar said:
That's somewhat too depressing for me to contemplate.
The ability of humans to construct their own destructive epistemology is pretty interesting. I'm sure that makes us somewhat unique. Positive thinking!

Fogz

commanderdeek said:
Someone mentioned this morning that you can get the special edition for $78 at Harvey Norman. Pretty good deal I reckon!

Yeah I just preordered mine from there. Seemed like the best deal around and OGS isn't THAAAAT much cheaper for a 2 week wait.

Ydahs

Any chance of the Zelda + Wiimote bundle being worth less than $90? I can import it from TheHut for $76, but I don't think I can wait an extra three weeks (although I will have Uncharted 3 ready to play).

Yagharek

I'm interested in seeing what the PS3 Slims are like, reliability wise. My 60G OG one is getting a bit old, and I'd rather offload it for a nice price, stranger.

Kind of looking to cut down on the number of consoles in the house too in preparation for next gen (going wii u only/keeping ps3 for movies plus current gen) and that will necessitate the departure of a 360. So I may as well take this time to consolidate what I want to keep into the one platform.

I guess that opens up the question: how are PS3 versions of the following games seen?
Vanquish, Bayonetta, Deus Ex, Child of Eden and Portal 2? I know Bayonetta has a bad rep, but how bad? And Orange Box PS3 is the worst version isnt it? Games like Pixeljunk Monsters and Wipeout have basically forced my hand in this regard, as has a bluray library of considerable size.

General musings are welcome.

Ideally next gen my collection will just be wii u (plus wii for GC stuff) and one of either ps3 or 360. But given my home tv setup has space for only 3 systems, ps3 makes the most sense as it doubles as the bluray.

edit: oh yes, when I mentioned the wii u, my wife said "we are not having 4 consoles in the house".

Top Bottom